Subban, Habs prepare to face Bruins

After the team had a day off on Monday, P.K. Subban was back on the ice with his Canadiens teammates in Brossard Tuesday morning as they prepared to face the Boston Bruins Wednesday night at the Bell Centre (7:30 p.m., TSN, RDS, TSN 690 Radio).

The forward lines at practice were Max Pacioretty-David Desharnais-Erik Cole; Rene Bourque-Tomas Plekanec-Brian Gionta; Brandon Prust-Alex Galchenyuk-Brendan Gallagher; Travis Moen-Lars Eller/Ryan White-Colby Armstrong.

The defence pairings were: Andrei Markov-Alexei Yemelin; Josh Gorges-Raphael Diaz; Francis Bouillon-Subban; Tomas Kaberle-Yannick Webber.

Meanwhile, the Colorado Avalanche claimed forward Aaron Palushaj on waivers Tuesday. The Canadiens had acquired Palushaj from the St. Louis Blues in March 2010 in exchange for Matt D’Agostini. Palushaj tweeted: “Would like to thank the Canadiens/Hamilton Bulldogs organization and fans for everything. Very happy and excited to join #Colorado #Avs”

Subban is coming off a good first weekend of work after signing his new two-year contract last week. He picked up two assists, was plus-2 and averaged 16:44 of ice time.

However, Hockey Night in Canada’s P.J. Stock believes Subban continues to be a very square peg in a dressing room full of round holes.

The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs disagrees, writing: “Stock’s opinion, delivered on a national stage, was pure gibberish that mistakenly could shape the belief of many viewers that there’s a gulf the width of the St. Lawrence River dividing Subban and his teammates.”

P.J. Stock no expert on P.K. Subban, by Dave Stubbs

‘Wardrobe malfunctions’ plague Subban on return

Habs balanced on offence, by Pat Hickey

Bruins practice report, by bostonbruins.com

Bruins can expect a tougher Habs defence, by ESPN.com

(Photo by John Kenney/The Gazette)

1. NLhabsfan says:

PJ just a guy trying to make a living from hockey career that was subpar uninteresting and a failure.I guess he has to say something to keep his job with CBC.

2. Bill says:

Nothing good can come out of 24CH. I absolutely hate the idea of camera crews following the Habs around and turning them into a lame reality show. What a distraction.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• 24 Cups says:

Bill – I watched it and wasn’t really that impressed.

Lots of cliches about turning the page and building a new culture. I’m not being negative, but we also heard the same thing back in 2003. All we got from it was one really good season plus one playoff run.

I’m totally on board with MB but the train has yet to leave the station.

• Hobie Hansen says:

@24 Cups

I agree that it was very heavy on the cliches! I was rolling my eyes at certain points.

The one point that I loved was when Bergevin addressed the team prior to the start of camp in the locker room. Bergevin had a real intimidating presence to him, especially when he mentioned all the nonsense that happened last season and he wouldn’t accept it this year, no excuses!

• lavie says:

That’s why we lost the home season opener.

• Sakus Evil Twin says:

I had no idea there was so much dramatic music around the Bell Center and Brossard. It’s, like, everywhere.

No answers, just opinions. Bite me. Och.

• solomio says:

Dear Saku’s Evil Twin
        I was wondering if in your signature, after Bite Me the word is supposed to read Ouch as I in you just got bit or Och as in Och no Captain I kinna start the boosters with a BBQ lighter. ?

“I figure Bergevin has 3 or 4 moves left to bring the Habs that extra step closer to perhaps being the best in the league.” – Einstein

• Danno says:

There is an air of artificiality about these shows. Even the supposedly spontaneous moments are staged to project a certain image.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

I know what you mean. I prefer watching hockey players play hockey. Also, you know they will never show anything contreversial.

• frontenac1 says:

Friggin reality shows!My wife loves them.Thats why she has her own TV and I got my Man Cave with my Dogs and Bar. We are still happily married for 30yrs.

• Sportfan says:

I saw it yesterday for a bit it was interesting but I feel for a team like the Habs there is to many distractions already before the show. Also they made some really pointless moments dramatic when they didn’t need it to be.

The Colorado Avalanche claimed forward Aaron Palushaj from the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.

4. Danno says:

Habs soar ahead of Bruins in NHL Power Rankings…

The Sky’s the limit:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

From TSN.

“SCHLADMING, Austria — The U.S. Ski Team says Lindsey Vonn has torn the ACL and MCL in her right knee and also has a broken bone after a horrific crash Tuesday at the world championships.

The team says Vonn will undergo surgery and will miss the rest of this season but is expected to return in time for the 2014 Sochi Olympics”.

6. commandant says:

For “Un Canadien errant”

Last week Brady Vail played a couple of games on defence for Windsor as they had some injury issues.

He did very well all things considered in switching positions.

Obviously his future is still as a 3rd line checking centre, but maybe that was why Brisebois was in town.

I like this though… shows the kid is versatile, but more importantly shows he is a real team player, and has a good attitude as not many players would want to switch.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Un Canadien errant says:

Cool. I was looking at the two teams’ roster for defencemen with a 1995 birthdate, saw a 6’5″ Russian on one team, was wondering if there’s a kid who the Canadiens might have an eye on for June.

• Loonie says:

Not many players would be given the choice.

• commandant says:

Think about it though…. any player used in an uncomfortable position could have easily made the experiment fail, and got himself put back at forward. It would be tough to tell if a player wasn’t trying, or just wasn’t very good in an uncomfortable spot, and little blame or punishment would be going the player’s way.

Instead Vail went out there, worked hard, and actually looked half decent on defence, on the second pairing.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Loonie says:

Most players see it as a demotion but more often than not it’s a vote of confidence to be asked/told.

I agree with you. Just making the point that he probably didn’t have a choice in the matter.

Thanks Ben, that is pretty interesting stuff. Vail seems to have a few intangibles.

• Chris says:

The best guy I’ve seen for that was Adam Payerl, formerly on the Belleville Bulls. The Bulls got decimated by injury a couple of years ago, so Payerl was thrown onto the blue line for much of the season by coach George Burnett. And he did very well in that role.

I always admired Payerl for that because he went undrafted as an 18 year old and had a chance to post some good numbers as a 19 year old and maybe get a look in the draft. But then he took a huge hit for the team.

Ultimately, it worked out. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by Pittsburgh. I really hope that he makes the NHL some day.

7. Rooster says:

Why’s everyone complaining about the way ellers being used still? He had 4 games to prove he could play on the top like while max pac was out and while he finally got it going the day before max came back he really did look out of place More times than not. Max came back and so Eller went to the only spot available. I wouldn’t put him ahead of either pleks or, chucky. I would like to see him eventually be In DDs spot between cole and max. But you can’t blame MT for not changing things that are working well

8. frontenac1 says:

Anybody else think it would be a blast to hang out with Prust and PK on a Saturday Night in Montreal?I mean,can you just picture that? Wow!.

9. Un Canadien errant says:

Love this post on the Backhand Shelf blog. It shows a picture of the Leafs defensive breakdown prior to a goal against, with James Reimer frantically pointing at an open opponent standing in front of his net.

I don’t need Gaston Therrien and his video board to figure what’s wrong on this play, even I can figure this one out. It’s kind of counter to the Canadiens’ new system in the defensive zone, where a forward and defenceman commit to the corner, and the other defenceman stays in front of the goal and doesn’t commit to the corner unless he’s sure he can get the puck.

The boys and girls at Backhand Shelf do good work.

10. Rooster says:

Armstrong is useless i would prefer to see
    Blunden 4th line RW. Brings more speed, size, grit and skill.
    And white is just too wreckless to play against Boston, we can’t be taking penalties

11. Wintercount says:

4″ = better “D”
    kaberle’s not a stickhandler and most everyone w agree his groove certainly isn’t his shot and his game isn’t a body contact style, so, why’s he playin’ w a short stick. force him to play w a stick at least 4″ or 5″ longer and he’ll become a defensive asset !! …. then TRADE him!

everyone else in the league should take 1″ off.

12. Loonie says:

Bergevin…..

Likes: The enthusiastic attitude, the willingness to speak about issues related to the team, signing Brandon Prust, hiring Martin Lapointe and Scott Mellanby, keeping Trevor Timmins and Larry Carriere, hiring Sylvain Lefebvre.

Dislikes: Signing Colby Armstrong, re-signing Travis Moen, signing Francis Bouillon, hiring Michel Therrien.

Changes of course: Like the Bouillon signing now because I feel it was done to have an agent of message in the room, and it’s working. Armstrong hasn’t been bad.

Michel Therrien…..

Likes: The style of play, the accountability, the team atmosphere and approach to each day, the passion, the meritocracy.

Dislikes: Handling of young personnel, inconsistencies in the meritocracy and in-game decisions(Moen’s promotion and lack of PK adjustment).

I don’t like or dislike either because I don’t know them. I don’t like Therrien’s temper or his inconsistency in handling players. I feel that for every one player that develops well under Therrien we’ll have another who goes completely south due to the inconsistent treatment. I like that the players stand up for each other under him and that the product on the ice is better.

Overall, if he’s going to ruin players(and I think he will based on how he treats some of them) he had better deliver a Cup.

• habs_54321 says:

why don’t you like boullion??

• Loonie says:

I didn’t like the idea of an old defenseman platooning in a spot where a young player like St. Denis could have been used or a bigger defenseman could have been signed for a better physical presence.

• B says:

Young St. Denis is 27. He is the same age as Diaz and older than Emelin, Weber and Subban. I don’t think age has anything to do with why he is in Hamilton and not in Montreal right now.

–Go Habs Go!–

• Timo says:

I just don’t like Therrien.

• shiram says:

Me either, but based on the 8 games played, I can’t say he hasn’t done good so far.

• montrealtilldeath says:

I think you do not like him because the way he treats some players. The Subban thing is ridiculous. Markov is great but he is 34 with a suspect knee. The future is . Subban Price, Patches . Galchenyuk and Eller etc. Yes Eller. I still remember how well he played agaunst Boston in the playoff and we lost because the blind coach JM did not see it and benched him in Game 4 for the 3rd period after we were ahead 3 to 1. MT is doing well but this anti Subban thing will cost us in the end. He also plays Markov too long when we have the game well in hand, Cannot be good for his knee. Kobe is rested when the Lakers have a big 4th quarter lead. His Subban thing feeds into the BS being fed in the media by PJ Stock
        As for PJ on CBC he was trying to make up ground on the verbal bitch slap Weekes gave him last time on CBC for trying to say PK was a problem off the ice. Weekes had the man almost gasping for air because Stock’s comment was absolute bull.

Fair enough, I see your perspective on MT, Thanks.

• Hobie Hansen says:

One man’s opinion…

Yep. That’s all it is.

• Hobie Hansen says:

I guess the success that Gallagher and Galchenyuk are having are a direct result of Therrien’s poor handling of young players?

Not sure if you saw the Habs 24/7 thing last night when Bergevin and Therrien informed Galchenyuk that he’d rmain with the team and Bergevin informed Galchenyuk on how great Therrien is working with young guys like Crosby and Malkin?

• Loonie says:

If Gallagher and Galchenyuk were the ONLY two young players on the team and that Therrien’s ever had I wouldn’t worry Hobie.

Thanks for seeing the broad strokes of the opinion and not picking and choosing the samples to evaluate based only on the evidence that suits your opinion.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Tom, not trying to be rude man but you have very strong opinions on a lot of things and the majority of them just don’t add up.

You’re great with contract numbers and prospect stats but I’m afraid that’s where it ends.

• Rudy says:

I am so mad that I can’t see Habs 24/7 in the States!

• lavie says:

Bergevin is better than Gauthier.
      Therrien is better than Martin.

To me, so far so good. :D

• Bill says:

I never liked MT when he coached the Habs, or for that matter when he coached the Pens. The infamous press conference where he threw his entire team under the bus remains one of the most astonishing in sport history.

However. It is possible to change, and it’s wrong to think people don’t change past 30 or something. I know I’m a much cooler-headed person now than I was ten years ago, and consequently better at handling people and managing them. Same could easily be true for Therrien.

Ed posted a while back that it was pretty obvious Therrien’s spent some time in therapy, and I don’t know if he was kidding or not, but either way I agree. The signs are all there. Well, good for him, I say. He needed it, haha.

I’m on record as basically hating the way he handled the PK thing – I’m gonna call it a fiasco – but I think that’s pretty fair to say. Any executive with any sense would know that there should have been nothing said publicly, ever, and he should have made it clear to the troops that all they were to say about PK was “good to have him back, he’s a valuable player.”

But it has to be balanced against what has been a fairly excellent coaching job so far. Good adjustments to the line-up, good system installed, and obviously a team whose members are marching in the same direction.

So I guess we’re still in wait and see mode. If he gets through the season without bungling the PK thing further, or having a series-destroying meltdown, I can accept that he’s matured. Might even say he’s become a better person, yuk yuk :)

Full Breezer 4 Life

• ed lopaz says:

Bill, you just saved me about 15 minutes of typing.

Thanks.

totally agree.

You should have posted at the top of the page!

Ditto. Many of us were shocked or frustrated when MT was re-hired. But I seem to think MB has a pretty good grasp on the scenario (especially for a rookie GM) and I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Well put Bill.

• B says:

I don’t know if Therrien has been in therapy or not, but it seems likely he has taken courses on managing, understanding and working with people.

–Go Habs Go!–

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Agree on Moen. I am surprised Moen does not get criticized more often. Even though he has his moments, he is often unnoticeable (just compare him with Prust). I guess he provides leadership in the room. Armstrong is okay as it is only 1 year and 1 million. With the lack of depth in Hamilton, he is necessary. If Geoffrion and Leblanc never got injured them Armstrong’s presence could be questioned. Boullion is filling in until Tinordi comes up (hopefully this year).

• Kooch7800 says:

I think on MT the handling of young personal you have to remember that in previous management I don’t think would have put the Gally’s together and wouldn’t have put Prust with them either. They are turning out to be a solid third line while also being sheltered by not taking any face offs in their own zone.

So yes, you could argue it with some players are not getting a shot yet but the Gally’s are getting a real shot under MT as well

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

13. habs_54321 says:

anyone got a link for the English version of 24ch?

14. Hockey Bob says:

It is amazing that PJ Stock is employed by CBC under the guise of a Hockey analyst. HNIC needs a wholesale change starting with the tired act of Cherry and MacLean. Stock is just an embarrassment.

15. HabFanSince72 says:

CHange of topic.

Here is a piece on the NFL’s fairly shameful lack of interest in brain injuries. Pro footballers have four times the incidence of Alzheimer’s Disease and ALS. The NFL still thinks what is needed is “more research” to even prove or disprove the link.

And in spite of this the NFL is exemplary compared to the NHL.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Having lost my father to that disease I am very aware of how little is known about it. I did see over the years spikes in certain types of work environments which at point in time were thought to be a cause but haven’t been confirmed.

I would not be surprised in the least if head trauma is related to the onset of ALS and it is nasty, there is no cure there is no treatment. If indeed the two are related, more must be done.

WHen I think about it, my father spent many years in some of the War Camps during WWII and received much trauma to his head, it makes me wonder now even moreso.

Thanks for the link HF72

16. pmaraw says:

p.j. stock, more like diaper stock, amirite?

17. Pisano says:

Assuming everyone read the article above? After practice Therrien stated that Price would start and there would be no changes to the winning line-up…

I surmise that that means Kaberle and Weber, along with White, will be watching…

Therrien considered sending Subban to the pressbox but has been informed by P.J. Stock that no one would sit with him… so he’s in!!!

Just kidding. P.J. Stock is an idiot. He fits completely with the CBC, HNIT crew. If it isn’t happening in Toronto or concerning the Leafs, they have no idea what to do with it except criticize…

18. Un Canadien errant says:

I don’t think we need to man the barricades to protect Lars guys, Michel Therrien said today the roster would be unchanged from the last game. Lars is in.

Sure, I thought putting in Whitey would make sense against the 2011 Starley Cup Champians, but I’ve decided I’m not arguing with Michel Therrien for the next little while, it just makes me look foolish in the end.

I don’t know Normand there is some pretty compelling evidence showing that Lars is hated by Therrien on this site. :)

I guess I just think Lars is getting a chance, but there is currently a numbers game and he is the odd straw right now. Perhaps once it appears the Gally boys can be without a bodyguard Lars can play there. But I don’t think MT is anti Lars in the least.

• habs_54321 says:

i think eller earned his spot at least on the 4th line in the buffalo game and did nothing to lose it in the Ottawa game played solid two way game, the case to be made IMO is white vs Armstrong

who brings more to the able white or Armstrong?

• Bill says:

I am not even a little worried about Eller. Right now the Habs have four excellent lines. If I were coach, I wouldn’t change a thing. Eller is still a young guy. It’s not like he’s a Galchenyuk who came in on the third line with another rookie and a journeyman tough guy and immediately started putting up a point per game, you know? He has never made it impossible to take him out.

He’s a good player and he will get his chance, and it will be with Montreal. Let him centre the fourth line, and continue to fill holes on the top lines when injuries require it. His time is coming, it just doesn’t need to be now.

Full Breezer 4 Life

19. Habfan10912 says:

PK and others speak after practice today.

———————————–

20. Cal says:

Isn’t it time that NHL broadcasters in Canada got away from old goons who once played or coached? Isn’t it about time that decent to great players did some of this kind of work?
    I am sick and tired of seeing buffoons like PJ Stock, Nick Kypreos and Don Cherry cluttering up the English-speaking airwaves.

All other major sports have former greats on their broadcasts. We get moronic goons, and it’s become a disgrace.

• Danno says:

A panel composed of Bobby Orr, Ken Dryden and Wayne Gretzky would be a refreshing change.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• donmarco says:

Yeah, right. They’re about as controversial, and interesting, as white bread. No offense to white bread.

• Danno says:

Personally, I don’t equate thoughtful and reasoned discussion with being bland and boring. And I am not impressed with loud-mouthed schnooks who yell over each other simply because they want to be controversial.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• Un Canadien errant says:

So true, except now it seems the American networks are starting to copy us, as ESPN is hiring murderous thug and corrupt philanthropist Ray Lewis to analyze games/eat the microphone for our benefit.

• Habfan10912 says:

UCe, bang on. It seems it’s all about creating controversy as that must somehow equate to ratings. I’ve said it before and it’s worth repeating. The cable companies should charge for the use of the mute button. They’d make a lot of money from this house. :)

———————————–

• bleedhabs81 says:

During the Superbowl my wife proclaimed

“Isn’t that the guy from the Jim Carrey Movie?!”

Dan Marino, yes it is.

“Is he a famous football guy?”

No, they just really liked his acting as a kidnapped quarterback

Sorry, I just thought of that.

• Habfan10912 says:

Good one. Was at a fire scene years ago before I married. Syracuse was playing in the Sugar Bowl and I called to ask her the score. She quickly told me it was 0-0. I then asked who has the ball? Her answer? “No one. It’s laying on the ground.” :)

———————————–

• donmarco says:

My wife’s favorite all time Expo – Dehoovey Dewhatsit? (Delino Deshields)
        Favorite Hab – brian Skidorka (Skrudland)

Love her anyway.

• Bill says:

Girl I knew was really upset when the Habs traded her favourite Hab, “Mike Wazowski” (James Wizniewski) … she watched Monsters Inc. a few too many times, lol.

Full Breezer 4 Life

So watching 24CH last night, one thing was made very clear by MB and MT and that was change of culture in that dressing room. While the program itself was slow and deliberate the point was clear that this team is all about becoming a team again. One who sticks up for each other and one where all actions on and off ice matter, these types of points were made to rookies and veterans alike.

PK missed all of that, and I wonder how much of him having missed that, was part and parcel for perhaps why MT could have used incorrect terms in discussing how PK was to fit in when he does arrive.

I actually believe MT is trying to help all the players become better people/players and not just PK. He clearly discusses how the culture had to be changed in Pittsburgh when he arrived there.

That’s how I see it, and I support him as he changes the entire teams culture. What of last years culture would be worth keeping?

• Cal says:

That part of the culture you can make yogurt with. Maybe that.

• Luke says:

I thought the show was awful, to be honest. If the Leafs game hadn’t been unwatcheable, I think I would have turned off 24CH.

I’ll give it the next episode, but aside from Colby picking on DD, and the way the team reacted to Galchenyuk, I thought the show was a dud.

• Un Canadien errant says:

The drive in with Michel Therrien was interminable, whether you watched in English or French. That should have been edited down.

• Loonie says:

My wife and I watched. I said nearly verbatim the words I knew Therrien would before they aired.

It was fifteen minutes of coach speak.

Following Brandon Prust or Colby Armstrong in their first days as Habs would have been much better entertainment value in my opinion.

I don’t dispute the quality of the show itself, it is an informercial for Bell mixed with Habs colours. But I still gleaned a couple things out of it.

• Loonie says:

A culture change was needed and I agree it appears to be their focus.

Having said that if you demand total accountability from your players it becomes very easy to lose a dressing room if the meritocracy mandate isn’t followed by the man administering it.

Bad nights can’t land some guys on the bench, fourth line and pressbox with no reward for the opposite. It can’t also involve players having bad games and keeping the reward of previous good showings.

The inconsistency in how the philosophy is applied inevitably does as much harm as it does good.

Examples:

You can’t scratch Kaberle and leave Moen unscathed. You can’t bench White for asking him to play close to the line and him having one play where he crossed it. You can’t bench Eller for one bad game and demote him after one bad period and leave Desharnais, Moen and Cole in good graces after similar performances.

The philosophy requires consistency, players will tune it out if that isn’t followed.

Well your opinion and mine differ completely, have to say Tom, I think based on your comments of MT you are so jaded by him that he could walk on water and you would say it was ice.

• Loonie says:

That’s crap and you know it. I’ve been quick to point out moves that I think have been good or great.

Would have been nice if you’d read Chris’ post the other day about a difference of opinion not meaning the counter part has a personal dislike or agenda independent of the discussion.

Thought you were above that. Guess I was wrong.

It is how I read it Tom, sorry for reading it wrong.

I did read Chris’s point also. I am telling you in a mature fashion that I don’t think you give MT a chance. Doesn’t mean I can’t agree with you on other things.

• Loonie says:

It’s the same handling of players that Martin used. I was just as quick to point it out when he did it.

22. Mattyleg says:

So if Whitey is suiting up for the Boo-erns, who is sitting?
    Armstrong?
    Eller?
    Moen?

Is who SHOULD sit consistent with who you think WILL sit?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Habfan10912 says:

Matty, I’d sit Armstrong. He’s not done much. I guess the same can be said for Moen as well but we all remember what Moen did last season.

———————————–

• Luke says:

I’d keep Eller in. He’s got the most complete game of them all. I also hate the idea of reacting out of fear to a team’s lineup.

I think Armstrong will be hard for MT to take out of the lineup. He’s an honest foot soldier who rarely does anything to hurt the team. He competes hard and knows his role. He can PK. He also draws penalties.

He’s an MT favourite, is extremely reliable and dependable.

He might not score, but he can play an up and down game, bang a little and won’t shy away in rougher matches. he’s 4th line, knows it and plays it.

Like Moen.

White is more unpredictable. He gets lost out there at times, looks for trouble (like Prust) and takes penalities. It’ll come with maturity. Once he calms down & learns to control his temper better, he’ll be used in that role.

• bleedhabs81 says:

Whoah.. Moen? Really?

I thought he looked good last weekend. A few times I almost logged in to comment that he is skating real well and he look better with the puck.

• Habfan10912 says:

I think he did play better over the weekend as well. It’s really hard to pick one to sit really. I like what White brings to the table but I guess it’s a moot point. White sits again.

———————————–

• Propwash says:

Well, supposedly Armstrong is a notorious head hunter. Maybe he will put that talent to good use tomorrow.

____________________
      DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

• ZepFan2 says:

Matty,

From up top: “After practice, coach Michel Therrien announced that Carey Price would start in goal against the Bruins and that there wouldn’t be any changes to the lineup that won back-to-back games on the weekend against Buffalo and Ottawa.”

Looks like White sits.

———————————————————————-
      Ka is a wheel.

For Your Life

• pmaraw says:

‘After practice, coach Michel Therrien announced that Carey Price would start in goal against the Bruins and that there wouldn’t be any changes to the lineup that won back-to-back games on the weekend against Buffalo and Ottawa. ‘

23. Un Canadien errant says:

To those of you who follow the OHL:

Patrice Brisebois said last night on l’Antichambre that he was just in Windsor to see them play London, and he was talking to Bob Boughner, who was very forthright and open with answers to any questions. Which got me to thinking, why would he be there? Brady Vail plays for Windsor, but Mr. Brisebois was quite clear that he concentrates on D-men.

So my question to you OHL gurus is who could he have been scouting at a London Knights vs. Windsor Spitfires game? Is it possible he kind of fistbumped Bob Boughner and caught up on Brady Vail’s progress seeing as Martin Lapointe was busy, and he was in the vicinity being in Hamilton?

But was also there to corroborate an amateur scout’s report(s) on a couple of 2013 eligible defencemen? Who would that be?

Total speculation, totally stirring the pot, but it’s more fun than trying to trade/prepare a putsch to unseat David Desharnais and install Lars Eller.

• Loonie says:

He’s a player development coach isn’t he? I don’t think his role is limited to defensemen. I believe he’s there to help kids in junior deal with parts of their game and mental obstacles.

• Un Canadien errant says:

You can read my loose transcript in last night’s thread, he was quite clear that he deals with the defencemen, and Martin Lapointe takes care of the forwards, with no real overlap. So taking that into account, play along, and let’s speculate on who he might have been there to report on, even if we allow for a cursory meeting with Bob Boughner and Brady Vail.

24. Stubbs: My issue is NOT personal w/ @PJStockHNIC. It’s w/ his misleading video clip use on #HNIC to support opinion presented as fact re @PKSubban1

Stock: @Dave_Stubbs Part 2. U better have research to back u! Because I do- +the experience of being in that room to know what’s what.

So imagine you had no idea who these people were. And then imagine that someone asked you to guess which one was the highly respected 37-year veteran journalist with an ironclad reputation, and which one was the talking head who’d never done a notable thing in his life — other than punching some people in the face in a short and wholly unremarkable NHL career….

To be fair, he did manage 13 goals in the AHL that one year.

25. commandant says:

The Rangers made a number of depth moves yesterday, not just the trade. Mick Analyzes them

Meanwhile Max V looks at two young guns scoring for the Leafs, even while the rest of the team isnt.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Habfan10912 says:

They traded away a few good players to get Nash. I think it left the team with some holes and they are still trying to fill them. They’ve played a bit better of late but they still are an extremely top heavy (one line) team. If that line doesn’t score, then scoring will be a big problem for them. That said, that line is pretty good, huh?

———————————–

• Cal says:

I knew they would rue the day they traded Dubinsky. Now that the Rangers have an injured captain (Callahan), a lot of last year’s depth is gone or missing.
        I still think they’ll be at least good enough to make it to the playoffs, but a shortened season can be a real bugger when you’re trying to make up ground.

26. Habitant in Surrey says:

…relax, PK, Himself, will shut-up PJ

27. RobertAlanFord says:

Good luck with your next sit in on L’Antichambre there buddy.

28. Gally27 says:

PJ Stock is a franking idiot.

29. Loonie says:

Things are pretty bad when Glen Healy is the voice of reason.

30. ron181 says:

one cannot put any Stock into what PJ has to say .

31. Dudley the Dog says:

Re; Subban not being popular in the room— just consider the source
    P.J.Stock LOL. The CBC where old goofy bruins go to die..LOL

32. Habitant in Surrey says:

…don’t You really get peeved when agents start using the press to resolve players’ issues ?

…if I get peeved I can really understand how the affected GM must be seething

…I’m more a Habs Fan than I am a ‘hockey fan’ (unless it is Team Canada) …though I live in BC I am mostly indifferent even of our Canucks. …but I have to feel for their GM Gillis when Mike Liut, Cory Schneider’s agent comes out in the press with a megaphone complaining that Luongo hasn’t been traded yet, and his client is not getting fair ice time

…so early in the season, the team just finding its legs with Louie the better goaltender at the moment

…imagine now the potential for fracture between Lou and Cory at this critical time of the season

…reminds Me of Halak’s agent a few seasons ago and surprising that public $hit-disturbing agents like them don’t become blackballed among NHL GMs

33. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

The annoying thing about Twitter is when members of the media use it to go after each other; especially when one of them is a renowned “tough guy”. Fighting on Twitter is like standing in an empty boxing ring and throwing punches while your opponent is in another ring across town doing the same thing. Nothing ever gets resolved. They should just go on the radio (e.g., TSN690) and have a real discussion. It would serve the whole issue better…

34. Habsville says:

Yes we all know that the more BS you can create the more traffic to a web page in this case the Toronto Sports Network. Cananyone recall PK doing a celebration with Carey price last year. I bet Stock in the Box thinks carey is mad at him and OK does it to embarrass Price

35. frontenac1 says:

Ok,thats it! I never commented on the whole PK contract crap because I thought it was a silly sideshow. But Pk not liked on the Team? I call Bullsh#t! If the toughest guy(Prust) on the squad likes hanging out with PK off the ice,then that”s good enough for me amigos.

36. Loonie says:

Again. This is clearly all Lars Eller’s fault.

He should be scratched for this.

37. Dr.Rex says:

PJ Stock is a dream patient for any psychologist. Here we have a soon to be middle aged man who has yet to develop in many areas. His diaper association is indicative of a man child who is screaming for help but is too scared to ask for the needed help. His irresponsible attacks on the Habs show he takes satisfaction from being an outsider and may be using this me against them mentality as a way to fight back to all of those who did him wrong in the past. He clearly was not well liked as a child and even his coworkers and associates seem to have a tough time with him now. But most importantly he is showing signs of intense sexual confusion. By being controversial about topics he cannot win and attempting to sabotage others are classic signs of someone not comfortable in their own skin. This can be a sign of sexual confusion or simply not being comfortable in his own skin. Many go the route of a gender change. I am more worried for this lost man child then I am a critic. He is alone and scared right now.

38. JoeC says:

PooPoo is gone, the Avalanche claimed him off waivers

39. dave_ch says:

Any season ticket holder willing to help out and post a pair of tickets on the canadiens ticket exchange for face value? Was lucky enough to get tickets when they first went on sale, and want tickets to go to someone who was not as lucky.

would be much appreciated.

• shandrew says:

Along those lines, I am a Canadiens fan stuck in Toronto who happens to have Leafs season tickets. Anyone in Montreal with tickets who would like to trade a game or two?

40. mdp2011 says:

What happened to HNIC? Growing up they were The reference for hockey in this country. I remember when hockey was on only once a week and you used to look forward to Saturday night watching HNIC with Dick and Danny. They would provide such great insight to all things hockey with analysts like John Davidson, Scotty Bowman, Mickey Redmond, Howie Meeker,Dave Hodge, Brain MacFarlene etc.. Now we’re stuck with PJ Stock, Mike Milbury, Glenn Healy and Don Cherry. Now we are subjected to listen to two sinile old men (Bob Cole, Cherry) who are so out of touch with today’s game that it is so sad.

• homerbowen says:

Actually Mike Milbury is no longer on HNIC. He pushed a 12 year old boy during a children’s hockey game last year and CBC canned hium….now there is a goon. The rest (most) of the current clowns on HNIC are either leaf butt kissers, losers or bullies.

41. Steeltown Hab says:

Moen – Eller – White or Moen – White – Eller

We’re not going to beat Boston down in a bench clearing brawl either way. Prust, White, Moen in the lineup provides enough toughness considering our top 9 has some big bodies as well (Cole, Pac, Bourque).

Boston has a talented roster, so having an extra guy who can put the puck in the net, PK and play responsibly in his own end would help. I’m happy with Armstrong’s effort but I think his ability just isn’t at the same level of a White or Prust

———————————

Lars, PK, Galchenyuk, Pac, Emelin – @J_Perez22

• K-hab25 says:

I think White, at this point, is a better player than Armstrong physically, just not mentally. He takes alot of dumb penalties and lets his emotions get the better of him.

42. Mattyleg says:

Man, DD made Eller look bad the other night…

(I’m getting as tired of talking about PK as Gorges and Markov!)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

43. Trisomy 21 says:

PJ’s response on twitter. I like how he used the word professionalism and doesn’t seem to detect hypocrisy

PJ Stock ‏@PJStockHNIC

Part 1. @Dave_Stubbs i miss the days of professionalism +real hockey writers at the #gazette like Red Fisher.

@Dave_Stubbs part 3. Next time write an honest article without your #Habs pompoms on.

PS Losing Palushaj will hurt the Bulldogs

44. K-hab25 says:

Is all this really over Stock saying they’re trying to fit a squre peg into a round hole? The same Stock who said PK doesn’t look right out there because Therrien and Bergevin are trying to change him. The one who said PK plays his best, when people just let him be PK. All in the same segment. If anything, Therrien and Bergevin should be the ones upset and telling Stock to STFU!! Both games this weekend were a PK love fest. They whined as much as the people here do about not trying to change PK, he’s fine how he is. This is all much ado about nothing.

• Loonie says:

It’s about Stock saying that none of the players like Subban and that “Subban knows it”.

• Trisomy 21 says:

And using examples such as Subban walking into the dressing room with a hood up and earbuds in. Yeah if that doesn’t spell outcast….
        It amazes me that half the athletes walk into the arena like that but because of the attention surrounding PK suddenly this particular case has a significance. PJ knows better but he’s just projecting made up feelings onto players he hasn’t even spoken to

• K-hab25 says:

Ya, I remember that part about the Hoodie and earbuds. Again not sure I took it the way you did though.

• Trisomy 21 says:

Maybe I’ll have to watch the video again but I didn’t think Stock left much for interpretation in what he said.

• K-hab25 says:

Well they all, not just Stock, were trying to act like it was proof that PK was humbled by the contract negotiations and was trying to fly under the radar.

• K-hab25 says:

Ok, well that’s different. If he said that, then he definitely over stepped his boundaries.

45. Loonie says:

Price was miraculously able to mature without the help of Michel(Dr. Phil) Therrien.

Glad Subban has Therrien, hopefully his presence will speed up the process.

46. LA Loyalist says:

Hey guys, just got stub-hub tickets for Habs – Ottawa game in March. Is is normal for them to be $100 over face EACH? Face is $185.

I know it’s a free market, but I was still a bit shocked as they don’t tell you the face value when you buy, only the cost.

Any comments?

• Loonie says:

If the game’s in Ottawa that’s high, if it’s in Montreal it’s low depending on where the seats are Brad.

• LA Loyalist says:

Bell center, in the corner where Habs are shooting two periods. I think they are pretty good, I was just wondering. Also I needed 3 together, so I knew the choice would be limited.

I’m spoiled being able to get almost on the glass tickets for Kings or Ducks for about $125.00 :-)

By the way, can one still get a steamie on St. Laurent? Shoot some pool? Or is it all hipster-ville? My wife wants to see where I used to live and hang out, but except for Schwartz’s and L’Express, I think it’s pretty much gone.

• habstrinifan says:

Stub-hub? I dont know what you mean so ca’t help. But I live in Ottawa. If you are going to ‘that game, I have some ‘access’ to tickets so maybe I can see if I can put my hands on one and we can maybe have a pre-game beer etc.

• LA Loyalist says:

Thank you!
        We are actually going to be in Montreal, my wife has court, so the kid and I are tagging along. That said, I had family in Ottawa and one of my wife’s fantasies is to skate on the Rideau canal, and stay at the Chateau Laurier again. So when we get that together I’ll buy you a beer :-)

• HabFanSince72 says:

Stubhub adds a hefty processing fee don;t they? But the asking price can be that high and higher (say on ebay or kijiji) – depends on supply and demand of course.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• von says:

Yes, expect to pay above face value unless you’re buying them direct from the box office or from a nice seller. Stub-hub is basically legalized scalping.

Not sure how they get away with it but I guess it’s not a surprise since Ticketmaster basically runs a monopoly.

_________________________________

“Obviously it would be great, but they don’t really hang conference titles in this rink. They raise Stanley Cup banners.” – Carey Price

• rdiddy says:

$100 over face value is a lot, even for Montreal. I have been on both the buying and selling side of things on stubhub, and bought tickets during the ‘lottery’ at the start of each season. Obviously if you get the luck of the draw that’s the best route, but last year I bought 8 tickets in the molson ex zone for a Saturday game vs Boston and paid $130, where face value was $45 i think. ugh.

Stubhub charges sellers 15% of their selling cost for admin fees.

If you want tickets that AREN’T $100 over face value, it looks like I can’t go to the Habs-Philly game that I have tickets to on the 16th. If anyone is interested in them let me know (I was there last week for the Devils game and I can’t justify another trip to Montreal this month. lol)

• Timo says:

At stub-hub – totally. However, if you buy tickets on game day a couple of hours before the game, you can easily get really good seats at face value. Done it a couple of times.

47. SmartDog says:

Dr. PJ Stock, Psychologist, should go into business with Dr. Mark Recchi, Neurologist.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

48. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

I am sorry but I do not know why what PJ said is such a big deal. This is not the first time he has said something Habs fans disagree with and it won’t be the last. The CBC Habs broadcasts have basically become a joke: bad play-play, Don Cherry+Maclean, terrible+biased analysis, etc. I am surprised people still watch this crap anymore. The only good thing on the show is Eliotte Friedman. Also, worrying about what is said about the Habs in Toronto is like worrying about what is said about the Habs in Boston…there is no point. I’m more worried about our local media, especially the French media. I saw an episode of l’Antichambre a week ago where panelists said the Habs were a better team without PK (absolutely ridiculous). I find this more damaging than BS from TO.

The real story here was how the Habs mishandled PK’s return with the media. The veterans should have worded their answers better and the “low 5″ ban should never have been leaked. If I am having a problem at work, the last thing I want is my boss telling everybody how he is “straightening” me out. No wonder these PK stories are still rampant…

• Loonie says:

I think your last point is very relevant here and a good one. How much of the public personality fixing is Subban going to tolerate?

Surely he still needs to grow up a little. But sending messages through the media(Therrien specialty) is going to wear thin if it hasn’t already.

• HabFanSince72 says:

And is there anyone who would like to be told that someone will make them a better human being?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• habstrinifan says:

Think of you being a dad(albeit a dad/mom albeit of a 23 yr old) and wondering the mental sress your child is under base don the ‘public pronouncements’ og those associated with the team.

There are other factors which I can allude to but wont because most here wont understand frankly.

• Loonie says:

What’s that? Being a black player in a game played by white men and then having to deal with being ostracized by people who have no connections to your place of employment?

Yeah, that’s probably something that weighs heavily on Subban’s mind too.

• Trisomy 21 says:

The difference is that what CBC says is on a national platform. Also I find l’Antichambre has always crapped on PK so whatever they say is never anything new and often said by people who don’t have much of a reputation. Stock, despite being a pompous outspoken jack@$$ is heard more than the folks on l’Antichambre.

• von says:

The issue Dave had (one I agree with) is that Stock took those clips of P.K. and inserted his own perception over them and stated them like it’s a fact.

It was so ridiculous – P.K. is walking into the arena alone, look, everybody hates him! He’s listening to music with his hoody on looking at the ground, see, everybody hates him!

Since when does a player’s pregame ritual in the dressing room become that type of evidence? It was typical media sensationalism as usual. Making nothing into something.
      _________________________________

• Cal says:

I caught that episode. Bergeron was making a big joke about PK. He knows that AC is a forum for the panelists to speculate and joke around. They are trying to entertain. They are not dispensing knowledge on this show at all. Just a little gas.

PJ Stock was not joking. He was serious about the bs he was spewing. The worst thing about it is all that bs is being lapped up by no-mind leaf fans….oh. Never mind. ;)

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Thanks for the episode clarification. I turned it off after he showed his headline. I guess I was a little frustrated with how PK was being treated…

• B says:

You suggest the Habs mishandled Subban’s return and your cited examples of this are what two veterans said to the media, Price mentioning the ban on the low 5s and then the coach answering a question from the media about it?

I don’t think the Habs should restrict or script what the veterans say to the media (and I don’t think that what has been said was wrong or horrible either). I also don’t have a problem with the coach answering questions from the media, that happens all the time in the NHL. I see no reason that a script or cone of silence should have been placed on the players or the coaches (in general or in trying to “handle Subban’s return”), that sounds like something Gauthier might have tried (and gotten universally criticized for).

It seems to me that some folks are still trying too hard to fabricate something big out of something small and inconsequential.

–Go Habs Go!–

49. Loonie says:

Stock crossed a line.

But Mr. Stubbs makes it pretty clear that there are some players who Subban does in fact rub the wrong way.

A man with a personality likes Subban’s is going to lead to some of that. But the same personality is a big part of what makes him the player he is and will become.

No reason to blow it out of proportion.

Not too long ago there were some players who weren’t fond of Carey Price. That worked out okay.

50. commandant says:

Clearly the Subban name is in the title because it relates to the first two links in the story, which are Stubbs article on Subban/PJ Stock, and the article about Subban’s skates..

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

51. Adidess says:

I don’t like the headline. PK has done nothing negative or positive to stand out/set himself apart from his teammates since coming back. So what don’t we give him the chance to be one of the guys?

It’s not his fault that PJ Sth blurted out stuff about him over the week-end, not fair to continue feeding this endless discussion of him as a person or a player while there are 22 other guys on the team.

People talk sometimes about PK’s overexposure, but a lot of times the kid does nothing to be the topic of conversation. Controversies just follow him, for whatever reason.

And next thing you know, some clueless person chimes in saying ‘well, we hear too much about him, let’s just trade him’. As if he’s responsible for the fact that people like to talk about him.

It’s not all bad. Many players visit youth hockey camps, support charity and their community, but the media doesn’t feel compelled to write about them as they do PK.

But he is a magnet for sure, and I have no idea how he handles this at 23 years old.

52. Habitforming says:

Not sure if this has been posted or not….

Habs lose Aaron Palushaj on waivers

53. Say Ash says:

Nice article on a Bruins site of our beloved rivalry:

OTBH: A Rivalry For the Ages

54. Luke says:

Look at this photo of PK.

It’s obvious he has no friends on this team. His head is down. He is out there all alone.

They even took their puck when they left him.

Good job Mr. Stubbs. PJ Stock is a moron and deserves to be pilloried for his idiotic statements.

56. The Dude says:

The game tomorrow vs the Booins will help Therrien’s continued assessments on what the Habs need to “go for a cup run”…. We will win the game but not the WAR with Lucy , Lurch and their band of A hole’s. It’s time to replace Armstrong with a Hulking bad-ass who can pop one in .

57. Hobie Hansen says:

The thing that bothers me most about guys like PJ Stock is that they have an open floor on CBC to blurt out whatever crap they want.

So as great as Dave Stubbs’ retort in the Montreal Gazette was, maybe 5% of the people that watched Stock on Saturday will read the truth.

Hundreds of thousands of people in Ontario, Alberta and elsewhere won’t read the Gazette article.

The damage has already been done.

Montreal does not seem to have a national voice!

The entire country forms their opinion of the Habs based on what guys like Stock, Aaron Ward and other idiots decide to tell them.

• Ali says:

you mean the article that repeatedly pointed out that the teammate he is spending the most time with wasn’t on the team last year, and ends with a paragraph that says that hey sure there are players that don’t like the attention PK gets?

not saying PJ is right, but nothing I read in that article by Dave dispels the notion that something isn’t right.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Stock was insinuating that Subban walked into the rink alone, sulking and depressed and that everyone on the bench doesn’t like him.

Stubbs did a good job of pointing out that that’s a massive exaggeration.

• Mattyleg says:

I don’t get it.

Anybody who’s ever worked at a job before knows that you find friends/allies with people you like and get along naturally with, and hang with them. Because you don’t have a best-friend mentality with all your co-workers doesn’t mean that you don’t like them, or that there is something wrong.

I was a teacher for many years, had some close friends that I worked with, and had to work with plenty of teachers I didn’t like, or didn’t have any respect for, or thought were fine, but not my cup of tea. That didn’t mean that I didn’t stand up for them when kids took advantage of them, or tried to undermine them, or couldn’t work with them.

Who honestly thinks that every player on every team is besties with their team-mates?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Hobie Hansen says:

My closest friend is a bit arrogant and cocky. He’s pissed me off many times and we’ve butted heads on several occasions.

That didn’t stop him from naming me the best man at his wedding.

• habstrinifan says:

Exacly! As I said in my post. It’s ok to say one sides with Stubbs or PJ, but how can you chracterise Stubb’s article as definitely dispelling the issues PJ raised.

• Ian Cobb says:

A re post!

I am thoroughly ashamed for the way some players, media and others are treating PK .
      He is an honest 23yr old quality kid that comes to entertain with exuberance, passion, skill and love for this game.
      He was into his first ever contract negotiations for his future, and it happened to take some time, for what ever reason. It was his business alone and not anyone else.
      To try to make this young man grovel and to take away his special God given expression, quality, dignity and exuberance is criminal and is just plain jealousy on the part of his critics.
      He is exactly what this game needs, that has been missing here for years.
      If I see him with his head down today and feeling totally uncomfortable on the bench, on the ice or in an interview like he was yesterday, I will be thoroughly disgusted, and do all that I can to influence others to condemn this type of behavior.
      I personally know this young man, and he will rise above this crap and not give up his sincere and just personality. Knowing all along the bigots and the egotistical people will always look for a way to bring him down.!
      Go get um PK.
      Ian

PS I wish someone would send this to Stock and Hockey N. in Canada for me.

• LA Loyalist says:

Thank you Ian. I say PK is the most exciting player we’ve had since Richer, and we should be enjoying his exuberance and energy. And if Ian has met him and says he’s a character guy then that’s good enough for me and it should be good enough for you, too.

Does he have things to learn? Sure. As did Robinson, Savard, Markov… everybody started at the beginning.

As for twaddle about Habs posted on HNIC and TSN how can anyone be surprised? I listen to the hockey hour on the fan 590 online and all they do is whine about Phil Kessel and the Leafs, even if there’s no Leaf game that day. They only mention Habs if it is something bad.

We finally are building with some talent and depth, Gomer is gone, we are making a great new start, let’s enjoy the ride.

• habstrinifan says:

I think you are making PJ’s point Ian.

• Mattyleg says:

I care little about what the rest of Canada thinks.

Usually all I ever hear from the rest of Canada is that I’m a dirty separatist and should kiss some yokel’s butt for finding oil under his 10 acres of dirt.

So I’ve learned to tune it out.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

58. arcosenate says:

Wow, Luongo playing well, team getting back on track and the backup for the time being gets his agent to stir the pot:

That’s not going to end well, maybe PJ Stock, dressing room mood expert, might want to shed some light on this one.

59. Say Ash says:

Armstrong or Darche?

60. Tseth says:

Another great article by Stubbs!
    1. PJ Stock is a great example of what’s keeping the NHL from moving forward. Dinosaurs spouting an archaic narrative.
    2. PK puts himself out there. During the lockout he built awareness around the high cost of hockey for youth, he went on local and national TV; opening himself up to all types of criticism. The fact of the matter is that when he does this, and when he gets the TSN primates in a lather, it means taking the heat away from, I dunno, two rookies playing in a sports mad crucible.
    3. PK! PK! PK!

61. mark-ID says:

Subban’s name is on header probably because if there is one game that this guy can really get hyped for…..it is to play the Bruins. Can’t wait till tomorrow.

62. NS-Hab says:

When was the last time Stock was in the Hab’s dressing room? He is such a jerk. He better have his Depends on for the next visit to the room.

63. habsfan0 says:

I’m a bit confused as to why so many HIO members take PJ Schlock so seriously.

It’s his JOB to be controversial,whether or not he actually believes
    the torrential flood of illogic constantly coming out of his mouth.

• Mattyleg says:

I loved the fact that he couldn’t hold onto his job on CHOM because he was such an insufferable tool.
      Big misinformed opinions and a loud mouth.
      Thought Pete Marier was going to strangle him a couple of times.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

64. Say Ash says:

Armstrong urging PK to fix his skate immediately for his own safety. Clearly, the man is hated in the room.

65. mark-ID says:

Quick question, did RDS air the second episode of 24CH yet? If so, does anyone have a link for it? I can’t find it on youtube. French version, I mean.

So what would it take to get Armstrong out of the lineup? The dude is useless.

67. Mattyleg says:

Hi Gang,
    So Paloosh is gone.
    Ah well, good luck to ‘im in Colorado.
    François Gagnon tweeted that he never gave the impression of being able to break into the CH.

I concur.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Mattyleg says:

I dunno, negotiations might go better next time with the same face behind the NHLPA.
      Better the devil you know, kinda thing…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• habsfan0 says:

Let Fehr take NBA job.
      After that,he can head NFL players association.
      He won’t be satisfied until he’s disrupted all 4 major North American sports seasons.

68. commandant says:

Palushaj claimed by the AVs.

Damn, Hamilton needed the help.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

69. 365fan says:

Looks like its the end of the Aaron Palushaj era in Montreal (Tim Wharnsby, CBC)

70. habstrinifan says:

Read Stubb’s article. He states every opinion why PJ is wrong then every caution re the ‘room dynamics’ to explain why PJ and very many others(including Melnick etc) see something amiss. I find it odd that Stubbs never once mentioned to glowing comments of Gionta and others re Gomez who had already departed in contrast with the dismissive comments re Subban who had not yet returned.

• commandant says:

I think you can read between the lines in Stubbs article.

Gomez was gone on the first day of training camp.

The Subban questions came on a game day vs the Jets when Subban wouldn’t play.

On one day it was easier to reflect on the departed, then on a game day taking the focus away.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Ali says:

and of course ends with a “sure not everyone likes how much attention he gets” bit.

So is there a problem or not Dave? And why has the captain of the team so far publicly not addressed his return?

71. arcosenate says:

I would rather concentrate on what has been an excellent start to this season for the Habs rather than add any fodder for a sideshow conversation which has no relevance.

It’s time for enjoying this not talking about little distractions.

Like PJ STOCK.

72. Lafleurguy says:

Tons of Subban support among HIO staff. An alternative headline could be “Galchenyuk and Gallagher Get First Taste of Bruins,” and hopefully, it’s not a lot of mitts in the face.

“May you live in interesting times.”

73. Chuck says:

Would PJ Stock have the cajones to go toe-to-toe with Stubbs for a discussion live on HNIC?

___________________________________________________

• Bill says:

More like he wouldn’t have the sense or shame not to.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• CDH says:

That would be epic

• wildwilly says:

If PJ Stock had his way, he’d have a WWE-style argument that would increase his exposure so even more people will wonder what he has to say. The best thing we can do is ignore him and (hopefully) they will put a sane person on the air.

• Luke says:

Stock’s discussion:

1) Raise his voice louder and louder.
      2) Cut off Stubbs repeatedly.
      3) Laugh at Stubbs’ point regardless of how valid.
      4) “You don’t know. You’ve never played the game, like I did. You don’t know how a dressing room works, like I do, because you’ve never been in one, like I have.”

It’d be like the Roenick/MacKenzie thing from a few years back.

74. Mattyleg says:

This is a good article about L’Affaire Stubbs-Stock. Sorry if this was posted already, but I was out of the loop.
    Had to actually *work* (gasp!) for the last couple of days.

P.S. Cards, chocolates, candy, etc. can be sent to my email address to help me recover from this bout of activity.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

75. bleedhabs81 says:

Sorry, too close to valentines day. My wife might take it the wrong way if she finds out I have been sending cards and chocolates to dudes this close to valentines day.

76. Mattyleg says:

Ehhhh…..
    ;)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

77. CanadienBoy says:

White again Boston and Eller for Buffalo good to have extra players but let keep Kaber in the press room

78. Loonie says:

Hobie decided to reply to me that outside of citing statistics and contract status’ that I have no idea what I’m talking about.

My reply was that every opinion of his is born from a Don Cherry train of thought.

Apparently it’s okay to delete the insulting reply but not the comment that prompted it(which happened to be no more inflamatory or insulting in nature)

So either Hobie or somebody who likes him and shares his neanderthal views of hockey as a bloodsport thought it was appropriate to delete my reply.

79. Loonie says:

That was my first thought too…… ;)

But then I realized that Stock probably isn’t welcome on these boards today.

Apparently I’m not either though.

Hmmm. Let me see.

Loonie: Hates Therrien. Wants Plekanec and Desharnais traded. Thinks Subban should have gotten 6 million per year. Wants Eller to be the #1 centre.

Hobie: Wants a heavy weight on the back end. Likes our 4th line. Thinks grit is important.

Loonie gets a -5 on the HH scale and Hobie gets a +3HH.

I gotta hand it to you though Loonster. You sure know how to let people get under that thick skin of yours.

Yeah. Because it was asked to the post that got nixed.

82. Danno says:

Or a +/- of plus 2

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

83. Thomas Le Fan says:

I’ve never gotten the dash in that situation either. It’s like someone didn’t realize a dash and minus sign look, um, quite a lot alike.