Subban changing tires on Crescent St. tomorrow

pk

Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban, here signing autographs at the 2011 NHL All-Star Game in Raleigh, will see how fast he can change a tire Thursday on Crescent St.
Harry How, Getty Images

Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban will be among the celebrity “performers” Thursday at 12:30 p.m. at the LG Crescent Street Grand Prix Festival.

Subban will be taking part in the pit-stop challenge, a popular, annual event that’s part of Formula One madness in Montreal.

Expect P.K., and other Canadiens no doubt, to be on Île Notre Dame through the weekend for the 42nd Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. The race is always a huge magnet for the Habs, a few of whom (including Kirk Muller) famously brought the Stanley Cup to the race within days of having won it in 1993.

1. HalifaxHabs says:

God it’s nice to have a such a great blue chip stud like PK in the fold.

Here’s to him playing his entire career with the bleu, blanc et rouge!!!

• RCAF425 says:

Dumba$$, not every trip that the PM makes is paid for by your tax dollars which probably do not amount to a whole lot as I suspect you are one of the under employed anti-Conservative whiners. I would think that if you have a Federal or Provincial job that my tax dollars fund would truly be a waste of our tax dollars. Leave it to you yet again to bring up your stupid political opinions on this hockey site. Go Habs Go.

• gatorhabs says:

Don’t know about HF’72, but you will be happy to know that I am one of those whom rely (at least partly) on your tax dollars. Thank you.
        (I am kidding, btw, I am really worth my salary).

• ebourcier says:

Im prety sure that probably came out of his own pocket. he is a die hard like the rest of us and works hard and deserves to let loose.

Ebour

• Tony McLean says:

Fool. This is self loathing stupid Canadian thinking at its worst. To think our Prime Minister should take a commercial flight, what are we, a joke? Would Obama take US Air? Teenage pinko brain.

“Little Myth Koivu.”

• Senet says:

I can just imagine the president of the United States travelling on a commercial airline. You cannot have your head of your government travelling on a commercial airline for obvious reasons. So what we are saying is he does not have the right to attend a hockey game out of the country. Of course he does but he has to have his own transportation. He also paid for his flight and tickets. Now of course it did not cover the entire cost but that is the price of being the head of government. so what did this cost the tax payer? I would suggest about 50 cents per person. I think we would all feel pretty bad if he flew commercial and the plane were hijacked regardless of which party your vote for. It is time we Canadians woke up and realized that there is a cost that we have to bare to protect our leaders. That is my opinion and it would be the same no matter what party leader as PM took the flight.

You know you’re ripped when you can see your triceps bulging out from under your pin striped suit.

Why is there a picture of a Hab on this website. I thought this became bruin/canuckinsideout?

Great Effort Boys, PG get to work this Summer!

4. habaddict_andy says:

I guess SF09 have been busy this week. Can’t wait for his reports regarding the development camp this week.

Go! Hockey! Go!

• scrowe21 says:

I heard from a person who went to watch, that Berger was the biggest surprise and most impressive on the ice. Skates well, big body, heavy shot. Avtsin was also one of the hardest working. JM said himself that he is impressed with Palushaj and Tinordi. I read that Tinordi is the best looking D man there.. getting in the lanes, blocking shots and playing physical. Mac Bennet , or maybe it was MacMillan..scored 3 breakaway goals.. uhh.. thats about all I can remember finding at the moment

• habaddict_andy says:

Wow, Berger sounds to be promising. I have yet to see Avtsin play. I was excited about him but this year he seemed to have some difficulties.

Thanks Scrowe

Go! Hockey! Go!

• issie74 says:

Alain Berger played 109 games over the last 2 years with the Oshawa Generals and had 85 points.He is 6’4 well over 200 pds.
        A team mate of Diaz who the Habs just signed.

NorthTOHab

5. shiram says:

Subban’s suit looks discolored.

6. JIMVINNY says:

Is this years development camp being largely under-reported, or am I misremembering how much coverage the camp has received in the past?

7. cournoyer12 says:

Subban is a colored negro and smells like garlic and all french are froggies