Spain vs. Switzerland: Boone blogs live

Mike Boone has the Spain vs. Switzerland game today at the World Cup covered at our Goal Posts blog.

1. Bugs says:

Well, you love ME, don’t you?

So there!

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

2. HFX-HabFan says:

Sorry dude, there is nothing in me that will ever love anything that has to do with France.

3. Bugs says:

Nothing would please me more than to talk about soccer all day long. Buuut, something tells me this may not be the place to do it as interest for the Beautiful Game seems mitigated at best.

Y’all are totally in your right to feel this way, (even if you’re so crazy wrong, it’s not even funny).

That being said, if you can’t bring yourself to love the only sport that unites Humanity, at least love France!

The beauty, the flair, the tactical superiority, their sheer Presence…aaahh.

Put me down for Malouda and…what the hell, Anelka (just to get the Guignols off his back). And once my boy Franck starts passin the ball for a change? Watch out!

Hopin for 3 (to tie Uruguay atop A group), reckon for 2, happy with 1.

Allez les Bleus!!!

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga:http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

4. SeriousFan09 says:

Florida doesn’t have the financing to spend the cap, which you have to do for a Cup even when you tank.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

5. likehoy says:

i started cheering for the swiss the moment they resembled the habs :D

quote of the day regarding the match

“Then again, considering how good Roger Federer is on grass, perhaps we
    should have seen this coming?”

6. matmacat says:

ya man, totally.

7. Ghosts of the Forum says:

After watching Spain dominate the Swiss and lose, I got a bit of the taste the Caps and Pens fans must’ve had….it’s rather bitter.

Only game in town Steve! but there is always marbles for real sustained action!

Come on , where is all the soccer talk guys and gals.?? Great time watching all these games with the rest of the world.

This game has everything that a true hard nosed sports fan  appreciates, speed, ball control, power strikers, fantastic goal tending, shut outs are hard earned. The acting and rolling around on the ground dying is superb.

I can’t wait until lawn bowling starts!

SD – Gomez scores more than they do in World Cup soccer.  What a ho-hum game.  90 minutes of boredom and if anyone scores the fans start killing each other.  What’s worse, the World Cup or the G8 Summit?

11. RH says:

Although, I have to admit that I know nothing about the teams in this tournament so….

12. oshawahabsfan says:

Good to see you’ve posted some intelligent thoughts again. You probably have no appreciation of the sport because you can’t participate in it. Bet you can’t run 5 minutes, let alone 45 straight. Go on the other threads that have a hockey title

13. RH says:

HOLY CRAP!!! SPAIN LOST????!!??

I picked them to go to the finals for frig sakes!

14. Bugs says:

Montreal-born. Half-French (the bad half obviously).

But how would the surprise my claims cause affect your love for me?

That’s the part I don’t get.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

15. SeriousFan09 says:

FIFA officials are crying in their pillows as they read this.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

16. Mr_MacDougall says:

we get a first and third if he signs a  3 million offer sheet…..

17. SmartDog says:

I just posted a 5 QUESTIONS (mostly about trades) on the thread before this.  I’m boycotting soccer.  :P

————————————————————-
    Not signing or trading Pleks = yet another missed opportunity.

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Depends on returns and what is involved, if the 6th overall pick is in play, options would include possibly RW Brett Connolly, LW Nino Niederreiter, C Ryan Johansen and Ds Derek Forbort and Brandon Gormley.

That is of course, if that deal could occur, but adding a potential Top-2 defencemen prospect or Top-3 winger is hard to pass up for Tampa in a rebuild stage especially with the Lecavalier contract on their back. Trading for it would cost Price and more, likely a notable prospect and our 1st and possibly our 2nd as well.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

19. Niklas says:

I’ve read on some sites that Yzerman seems keen on Price, any chance that we could get their 1st round pick in return? And maybe someone else? Who would you guys pick if so? Nino?

I’d rather keep Price than Halak ‘cus i think he has way more potential, but that’s me.

20. Favorite Son says:

Yeah I don’t know why I thought he was a winger…For sure him and Hall will immediately make an impact on the team next season.

21. RiverviewCanadien says:

I agree 100%, but as SF09 says below, another team will more than likely take him.

22. HFX-HabFan says:

Think you meant ruining, not running.  Regardless, in case you hadn’t noticed, the majority of the posts on even the “World Cup articles” are all about hockey and the Habs.

23. pmaraw says:

duhwayne, is your keyboard broken?  your caps lock is sonstantly on in all your posts.  as for your trade, maybe you should go yell in gauthier and tambellini’s face.

24. SeriousFan09 says:

Stay classy Adam, keep going with your avatar as well.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

25. Favorite Son says:

lol your avatar always cracks me up.

26. SeriousFan09 says:

Eberle is a Centre though and one of the most clutch scorers Hockey Canada’s ever had. On the Oilers roster, he could probably take a Top 6 role.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

27. Favorite Son says:

Yeah but besided Gagner, who’s going to feed them the puck? Unless Hall and Eberle bring out the best out of Horcoff and Cogliano… You’re probably right about Edm drafting Hall though.

28. adam76 says:

no one cares about the world cup expect left wing hipsters.  Stop running this site with soccer talk.

29. SeriousFan09 says:

And a skeleton that’s composed of cheap glass and his contract runs for 2 more years, having us carry a defencemen who isn’t reliably healthy for an extra year than Hamrlik’s doesn’t seem to work.

Souray’s got an NTC as well and he won’t come back to MTL, went out west for his family.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.