Spacek could see action; Markov skates

The Canadiens could count on the return of defenceman Jaroslav Spacek for Game 6 of  their Eastern Conference semifinal against the Penguins on Monday night. He said Sunday that he is “pretty close to playing,” and hopes that he will see action on Monday.

In other news, injured defencemen Andrei Markov and Paul Mara skated on Sunday, but there was still no news on when, or if, Markov could return in the postseason.

For full details, read Herb Zurkowsky’s update from Brossard.

1. crabvader says:

That ovation will come when we make it the the Stanley Cup finals ;)

2. Chris says:

Not sure if they still have it, but once upon a time there was a tax in Alberta on all visiting players.  The proceeds of that money were then funnelled back to the owners of the Flames and Oilers to help them survive in smaller markets.  :)

3. habs001 says:

it is very hard to play every night knowing that if you give up 2 goals there is a very good chance you will not win…all year the habs scoring has been poor (23 rd most goals for)…while this playoff run has been great it has been based on unbelievable goaltending , dedication to blocking shots and great heart…but teams cannot play over 82 games like this thats why our roster as it stands right now is still about a 85-90 point team…scoring will be a major issue next year again as we are loaded with forwards that will produce 5-8 goals a year…and for next year no one in the minors that will produce at the nhl level…

4. ooder says:

so Ciarelli trades Versteeg for Bochensky and a pick, I guess not only the habs management makes a mistake here and there

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

5. Storm Man says:

Looks like you have the same teeth

6. ooder says:

in 93 i was 4, just moved to canada, didn’t know english or french and was greeted by the most ridiculous snow storm imaginable.

——————

7. HabFanSince72 says:

Nucks lose a 2nd defender when Big Buff smashes his stick into O’Brien’s face on a follow through.

Ref checks that the injured player plays for the Canadian team.

No pen.

Plus ca change.

8. Harani says:

Is Luongo in the zone? Good for him but he’s got to do it for 3 straight games.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

9. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

In 1993, I was -1 year old.

10. alaskan_king_crab_gomez says:

I was in the same boat as u too. Only name I could pronounce was Roy from listening to commentary and Bellows LOL

11. habsfansince91 says:

in 1993 i was two and didn’t know what hockey was. Most of you guys are lucky you can remember them winning the cup.

12. Rainrocket16 says:

Its amazing that it looks even on paper. Dont tell me you are saying that game was evenly reffed? That first penalty on Gorges was BS just what the Pens would need to steal our momentum, and how about we finally get a PP and the game is almost over! Tired as hell of this Shit!

13. RiverviewCanadien says:

So Mara skated in full uniform?

Ahhh…is he coming back?

GO HABS GO!

14. megagoten says:

in 93, i was turning 5 and didn’t know english at all. now in 2010, i would go crazy in 3 languages if the habs bring the cup back

15. Mikey_39 says:

If the habs do lose monday night, I really hope they get the longest and loudest standing ovation for making TRUE habs fans proud in the face of adversity (reffing, injuries) and proving all the nay-sayers wrong

16. sprague cleghorn says:

in ’93, I sat with my baby daughter, not yet one year old, in her little Habs T-shirt as we watched Les Boys win the Cup.  She is going to graduate high school next month.  It’s time.