Some pre-game reading

Red Fisher on a courageous kid
• Martin hopes for debate on discipline
Sopel is day-to-day
Dave Stubbs visits the great Glenn Hall
Bashing Bettman
Andrew Cohen’s great read in The Atlantic
Stu Cowan on a better helmet
Arpon Basu on CH injuries
Ken Dryden on hockey violence

1. HabFanSince72 says:

I’m not a fan of Don Cherry, but he does know his hockey, and he also appears to care about players.

I think he will be fully aware of all the issues relating to this (the history between the two players, the fact that all NHL players know about the turnbuckle) etc … that being said I won’t be surprised if he says Pacioretty should have been more careful or something of that nature.

2. smiler2729 says:

No kidding but the owners are just as bad collectively as politicians.

3. Shiloh says:

I’ll be interested to hear Weasel MacLean’s take tonight. Cherry is just Cherry but MacLean has had his lips planted squarely on the rectal regions of Buttman and Colon Campbell for years. I’m still shaking my head about the full-segment execution poor Burrows received when a referee was caught blatantly cheating.

MacLean had better learn a new song.

4. SeriousFan09 says:

Who knows how Don will come out of this.

Pacioretty’s a NA kid, a power forward, he likes him, but he’s also a Hab.

Chara is a European, a giant of a man which he likes, but also European, but he’s a Bruin.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

5. ths says:

NHL is doomed while punk criminals like bettman are in charge and people like Kenny D are on the outside looking in.

I wouldnt put it past that arrogant little sh1t to actually show his face in Montreal soon.

6. Danno says:

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But if Cherry goes bananas, as is expected, he further polarizes the debate and does harm to his own credibility — not to mention the NHL’s. It has reached a point now where the defenders of head-shot hockey must rethink their position if only for their own self-interest. If they don’t they will alienate the very fans who generate the revenue that keep them employed.

It’s called damage control. Guys like Cherry can be part of the solution or continue to be part of the problem. Without the fans the NHL is nothing and many the fans today are changing the channel and taking their sons out of the sport.

Tonight will be a defining moment. Stay tuned.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

7. Danno says:

History will be made…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

8. WindsorHab-10 says:

Thank you Einstein.

9. WindsorHab-10 says:

That’s his new name from now on. Colon.

10. Omit says:

I’m not sure about that.  Colon Campbell makes a bit more than 1M, and his cousin, Mike Murphy, makes mid 6-figure salary. A total waste of expenditures.  At least Buttman has made money for the owners.

Btw, look for Buttman to find another position for Campbell in the near future to silence the critics.

11. Habfan4lfe says:

Too much corruption in the NHL for anything to change. The only way to get change is to stop buying tickets, stop going and watching the games.

12. shootdapuck says:

Only if the earth returns to its normal axis and Jeremy Jacobs disappears.

Without Colin Campbell in the league office whatya bet his kid is on the outside looking for work in June.

… the fans of the Boston Bruins now have lost forever any right to complain that “the league” is out to get their team, and that the Montreal Canadiens have some kind of pull inside the NHL home office. Charles P. Pierce – Boston Globe

13. The Cat says:

You did ask why cant the people dethrone Bettman and Campbell…

14. SeriousFan09 says:

I think Burrows was a different thing, Maclean was a minor, minor-league ref once upon a time so any assault on his old previous fraternity is like taking a leak in the middle of a church to a bible-thumper.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

I am working with a group called ( ) Concussion Education, Prevention and Rehabilitation is what we do.

We are being sponsored by the NHLPA, the Hockey Hall of Fame, NHL Alumni, and more great hockey people including Keith Primeau, who also had a career cut short.

Play It Cool is determined to educate, all people involved in sports, the importance of protecting their child’s most precious asset, their mind and their spine.!

Former hockey pro Kerry Goulet is our Director of Hockey Operations of Play it Cool Concussion Education Program.

Please click onto,  and read about this great work.

16. The Cat says:

You have the right to live. You dont have the right to have the NHL be the way you want it to be.