Skategate? Habs had blade issues too: Martin

From The Gazette’s Herb Zurkowsky:

Not
only are the Canadiens denying any suggestions of sabotage, head coach Jacques
Martin said his players had their own skate-related issues during Saturday
afternoon’s game against Philadelphia.

According to Martin, his team lost two centres – Scott Gomez and
Dominic Moore – at the same time during the second period.

“Both teams had skate
issues,” Martin said Sunday, following a meeting at the team’s Brossard
practice facility. “With the new sticks, because of the intensity and
battles and shots on the composite sticks, it makes more damage.”

NBC reported during Saturday’s game at the Bell Centre, won 3-0 by the Flyers, that “sand or some other foreign substance,” had been emptied onto the floor outside the door of the visiting team’s dressing room and down toward the tunnel. Subsequently, several players’ blades became dull quickly.

A handful had to leave the game, some repeatedly, for skate repairs.
 Published reports had captain Mike Richards leaving three times for repairs, for example.

The Flyers attempted to alleviate the problem by placing a series of towels outside their room.

“Every game, teams have problems with their skates,” Montreal defenceman Hall Gill said. “There’s a lot going on in the arenas, more foot traffic, and there’s a tendency for more stuff on the ground.”

Canadiens forward Tom Pyatt is day-to-day with an upper-body injury
suffered during Saturday’s second period.

1. Just A Guy says:

You stand by them?

First post : Man up already and face the facts that the flyers are on a mission.

Now while this might be a smiple grammatical error, I am still waiting for your other facts.

Second post: It don’t matter how it happens.  You can talk all you want about a no
    body, but this guy is stopping your “great” team from scoring.  Thats
    all that matter!  You can say all you want…your such a great Habs
    fan, already counting out your team and trying to make yourself feel
    better that the flyers will get killed by chicago. hahahaha thank you
    for proving my point that you guys are complete idiots.  Thank you!

First I thought it was the flyers defense that needed to be given credit. I mean who posts a shut-out and doesn’t get a game star? I think though that the person “counting their team out” is basing their observation on reality, but then again I’m sure you would agree with him/her. So by calling us idiots based on this idea I would have to assume, excuse the tertium non datur approach here, that the difference is we don’t cheer for the same team, yet we arrived at the same conclusion. I’m not sure if this is some quasi-rational state you seem to think we should be living in, that something must be true because we want it to be. If rejecting delusions on the basis of rational thought and objective observations make me an idiot, then you must surely be a man of great intelligence.

Third post: Sorry I just came across this website, so thats why its my first time…I come on here for laughs.

Excuse the editing, but its for emphasis. Either you come here for laughs of you just came across this website.

I’m sure you had your fun, and its been fun for me too, I kind of think of myself as this self appointed maieutic provoker of sorts. So I will ask you this. Did you come here because you love the flyers or because you have to hate their opponents?

2. saskhabfan says:

Then why do you post as a leaf fans on other sites?

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

3. saskhabfan says:

Surprise,surprise another troll from a town where they watch lawn bowling instead of hockey, this time its the Pedodelphila Philes.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

4. Got2BHabs says:

Halak’s is .885 and Price’s is .818 this series. In the game we won, where our team actually scored goals, Halak’s save % was .962. If Gomez hadn’t taken penalties in the opening minutes of the first 2 games which both led to goals and we were able to pot one or two, this would have been a whole different series. It’s hard to always be playing from behind, but it is what it is.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    “This kid is going to win a Stanley Cup one day and hopefully I’ll be with him when that happens” – Saku Koivu

5. Got2BHabs says:

Yeah a bunch of whiners! “They had their #1 PP unit out in a 4-1 game, I don’t know what they were trying to do” The #1 unit that had not scored a PP goal? Any moron could see that they were just trying to get the PP going, sorry, I mean any moron not named Richards, that whiny little puke couldn’t figure it out. But my favorite is “Cammalleri stuck his tongue out at me” sniff, sniff boo fricken hoo, tough guy Carcillo gets his feelings hurt by Cammalleri sticking his tongue out at him! THAT’s whining at its best!

6. Rainrocket16 says:

I would’t worry about Walsh! He will get the boot From Jaro if he Pisses PG off, Jaro is a Hab at heart now!

7. Rainrocket16 says:

Why don’t you go Filatsche the Rocky trophy and pretend the Flyers are good enough to win the Cup. Habs love playing on the verge and lets see what you say after tomorrow!

8. Niflster says:

L.G.F.

While I really hate to give a Troll a reason to reposnd again it their own trollish, I just couldn’t help myself.

Before you came here spewing your, I guess, Pro Flyers ideaolgy, did it ever cross your mind to whos fans you were doing so to?

I am going to assume no. Because if you did, you’d realise that unlike your blind faith in the Flyers, we rain doom and hell on our own team, even when they do well. Check with Patrick Roy if you need evidence. Hell, have a look at the role of our so called #1 goaltender, Carey Price and see just how much main stream media and fans have influenced his massive role.

Before you spew your mouth here, know your audience. We WILL and DO throw our own under the bus, justified in most cases, but quite unlike you.

Having said that, perhaps once you can speak more about actual Hockey, instead of quoting media and your own oppinion as an all out, blood red, die hard flyers fan, by all means, feel free to talk about the sport here. But until then, you might as well take your superiority trash talk back to your own forum ;)

9. HugeHabsFan says:

I love your optimism.  I’m with you all the way!

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

10. ooder says:

Cromier had a high light reel of him on TSN displaying his constant elbows and dirty plays during the WJC.

and you don’t have a problem with a cheap shot during a heated game but being down 1 and losing your temper is what exactly?

wtvr dude.. your just another don cherry who thinks that what Cooke, Richards, Carcillo, Pronger, Clarke (back in the day) do is good Canadian hockey, but whenevr someone from another country does it it’s because they are all dirt bags.

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

11. topher5468 says:

Friend, we didnt lose yet, Lets keep it positive, Were not losing because of the officiating, dont go there, were losing because we are not playing well, not passing well, and most of all, 4 of our top 6 forwards are sucking. it takes 4 games to win, Philly has only won 3, Lets go

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

12. habs fan from stonyplain says:

well well well you flyer fans are all the same shooting off your mouth all the time just like your team, yes leighton has three shutouts, but the habs have only skated for one game which we won. The flyers always get away with interference all game long, how are you guys going to keep up to the hawks who our as fast as us but bigger. Leighton is a career minor leager who is going to get exposed, and we have made life easy on him

13. Chuck says:

Talk about making mountains out of molehills…

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

14. topher5468 says:

All right Dude, you said your piece, Its real easy to come on here when your team is winning and talk trash. Like I said, if you guys win, Great, Ill be the first to say congrats, until then go home, back to your own teams website. If you want to discuss Hockey then fine do it, but if your goal is to be a Douche, thats cool too, As I come to expect that from Philadelphians.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

15. slapshot777 says:

You better hope you don’t lose, We all like to see if you got the balls to come back if you lose, my money is on you won’t you be too busy playing with them.

16. L.G.F. says:

It’s called a joke.  Flyers are in the USA.  Montreal is in Canada.  All in good fun. A joke.  They may be from canada but they play for a USA team.  Sorry you can’t understand humor.

17. punkster says:

Welcome aboard. Flyers have certainly played well. Unfortunately our guys don’t seem to have it all together now. But I won’t take anything for granted with either of these two teams. They have shocked the so-called experts to date and the Habs themselves have been a pleasant surprise to the folks here on HI/O.

FEEL THE PRIDE!

18. L.G.F. says:

Great response.  I stand by my earlier posts even more now.

19. beebZ says:

What makes sense for you guys is to chant “USA USA USA” when the majority of your team players are Canadians…….. Now who is more of an idiot????_________________________________________________________

20. hablifting says:

Another guy with revisionist history.  Cormier made a stupid play in the WJC (one).  His real problem began after the tourney.  Also, lets not forget that his elbow came in the middle of a contested game, not in the waning moments of a loss.  I can deal with a cheap shot…a cheap shot that kills your teams chances of winning?  Moronic.

Cormier was not “cheap shotting” everbody in sight.  Thats not even remotely accurate.  Try again.

Oh yeah and Malkin was one of those idiots.  Throws a gloved punch at a guys head behind the net with ~2 minutes left and his team down 2.  The guy is about as intelligent as a bag of hammers.

21. slapshot777 says:

LGF = TROLL no matter how you pronounce it there it is, no matter what you say there it is, TROLL, you won’t forget your name now will you, TROLL. Your life long goal is to come on sites and stir sh!t. If that makes you happy than so be it, I guess you haven’t much of a life than. You must sure work at Trolling because you seem to be pretty good at it.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

22. L.G.F. says:

We’ll cross that bridge after we get the 4th win of this series.  3 shut outs no matter how they happen sure are nice!! Man, maybe he’ll go for his 4th and break all kinds of records tomorrow night!   A win is a win and a loss is a loss.  It don’t matter how it happens.  You can talk all you want about a no body, but this guy is stopping your “great” team from scoring.  Thats all that matter!  You can say all you want…your such a great Habs fan, already counting out your team and trying to make yourself feel better that the flyers will get killed by chicago. hahahaha thank you for proving my point that you guys are complete idiots.  Thank you!

23. habbytown says:

didn’t we say that a few years ago about Kostistyn bros, Pleks, Price, ?

and it’s very possible all will be gone come July.

24. L.G.F. says:

Maybe you should follow your own advice. All you guys talk about is how he said that about the PP in game 3, nothing about how he also gave them credit you hypocrite!  Again, proving my point about how stupid some of you are…follow your own advice.

Habs will not win the next game, they are done.  If they do, it’ll be all the sweeter to win in front of you idiotic fans in Montreal.