Six old, new looks for Canadiens

Alex Kovalev is ready for a nap in his jammies-like jersey, a replica of what the Canadiens wore for part of 1912-13 – until the Ottawa Senators complained. It is one of the special throwback jerseys the club will wear during their centennial season.
Gazette photo

The Canadiens are making a very big deal out their centennial. And why the heck not? Turning 100 isn’t a bad thing – especially when you have a rich history to celebrate.

Among the highlights will be the vintage jerseys the club will wear on select nights throughout the season. Check out the Canadiens official site for more on the centennial celebrations, and more on these great unis. And read on below for a primer on the sweaters the team has worn through the decades

Got a favourite among the ones below? Drop us a comment and let us know.

Clockwise from top left in a Gazette photo: captain Saku Koivu, Patrice Brisebois, Alex Kovalev, Steve Bégin, Mathieu Dandenault and Roman Hamrlik model the new, old jerseys you’ll see this season. And below, courtesy of the Canadiens media guide, a look at team sweaters through the ages.

1. habsfansince91 says:

my personal fvorite is the one with the globe.

2. St.Leo Habs Fan says:

They’re all great; classy,legendary, and full of history. my favorite one though is 1941-45 jersey.

3. usversusthem says:

My favourite is the 1912-13 one. Kovy looks great in it, I don’t know what it is about it, but it really appeals to me.

4. BeeGee says:

I have a feeling we’ll loose the game when wearing the ’45-46 jersey (worn by Dandenault).

5. Mr Dobby says:

I was really hoping for just a normal one with a tie at the neck, i would never buy one of these.

Like the 46-74′s, those jerseys won some cups!!

6. Skotbot says:

1911-1912 FTW!

They should have chose that one.
    It is the obvious choice for the fasionable Habs :)

If it came in a small, and was a T-shirt or long sleave T, I would buy it right away.

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable?
    Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?