Single-game tickets on sale Sept. 11

The Canadiens have announced that single-game tickets for the 2010-11 season will go on sale Sept. 11 at 10 a.m.

For all the details, visit the Canadiens website.

1. Thurston says:

Gotcha. Didn’t realize that.

I’m actually glad to hear it’s legitimate news rather than some columnist dredging up old news.

2. pic1983 says:

2009-2010 STATS

Ovechkin 109 pts

Backstrom 101 pts

Semin 84 pts

Laich 59 pts

Knuble 53 pts

Fleischmann 51 pts

M RICHARDS  62 pts

Jeff Carter 61 pts

Briere 53 pts

Giroux 47 pts

HArtnell 44 pts

JVR 35 pts

Yeah…the flyers top 6 definitely looks better than the capitals….NOT.  Maybe its your love affair with philly thats clouding your judgement, and not my dislike for philly thats clouding mine.

3. Storm Man says:

No Worries see you at the draft.

4. RGM says:

I betcha that the guy that dropped something like $22K on that rookie card feels like a chump now eh?

—————————————– Josh Gorges for Captain!

5. Habhopeful says:

I’m in, like…ahhhh you do the rest!

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!”

~Rodney Dangerfield~

6. LA Loyalist says:

I’m sure glad you guys don’t play darts because everytime there’s a point many of you miss it.

Sloncold is arguing for depth and balance, the individual pieces thereof are a separate issue.

How is that bad?

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

7. WarHero says:

Thank you Storm!!

8. pic1983 says:

Ill take washingtons top 9 over phillys any day of the weak.  And even if they do play in a weak division, they were a full goal ahead of philly.  A FULL GOAL PER GAME.  THATS 82 more goals per year, thats not small potatoes.  Also philly was 8TH IN GOALS SCORE PER GAME, not 2nd, not 3rd, 8TH! Anaheim was ahead of philly in goals scored last year! Anaheim wasnt even a playoff team! Bottom line is your flyers barely made the playoffs, and only got as far as they did because of the different standards for officiating in the playoffs.  Had washington not run into Halak, they would have mopped the floor with philly hands down.

And if you want a head to head comparison.  Washington was 3-0-1 against philly last year, outscoring them 22-13, and ovechkin only played 3 of the 4 games.

Pittsburgh was 5-1 against the flyers last season, outscoring them 24-16.

9. BJT says:

Formerly known as Camel_Larry

10. Storm Man says:

11. BJT says:

Formerly known as Camel_Larry

12. avatar_58 says:

Is there some reason Eller, Boyd, Pacioretty, Lapierre, etc would be shafted over this guy? We don’t need him.

13. BJT says:

What’s weird is seeing (IMO) the best forward in the world, Jonathan Toews, best player in the playoffs, captain of the cup winning team, and best forward in the Olympics, rated 21st.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry

14. derfab says:

Ah shucks. I miso you too.

character is derfab destiny.

15. mike g says:

Why don’t you look deeper into the facts before trying to prove me wrong?…

In all honesty, and take away the grudge you hold over the Flyers for eliminating us last year, who has a better group of top 9 forwards; Philly or Washington. That’s right, Philly by far. After Semin, Ovi, and Backstrom there’s nothing really serious. While in Philly you’ve got Richards, Carter, Briere, Giroux, JRV, Leino, Hartnell, etc……So we’ve established that, right>?….

And finally, I think the Habs would rank #1 in goals for if they played in the Southeast division. Analyze the facts a little, and you’ll see that the Flyers have to play 18 games every year vs Lundqvist, Brodeur, and Fleury, while the Caps have to play vs Florida, Tampa, and whichever waterboy the Thrashers put in nets.

So don’t say WSH has a better offense than PHI. The Caps play in the weakest division by far, while Philly’s is the most competitve division in all of hockey.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

16. BJT says:

You know what? You better shut it, dude, and you better shut it RIGHT NOW, or before you know it, viscious insults like “fanboy” and “price bunny” are going to be flying, and believe me, you do NOT want that.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry

17. derfab says:

See you at the next Women’s professional hockey game. Oh wait, I think Grey’s Anatomy is on that night. More action. Sorry.

character is derfab destiny.

18. HFX-HabFan says:

Norm Cash had a heck of a year in 1961.

19. Psycho29 says:

here’s an interesting story from Wikipedia concerning Nolan Ryan’s 2nd no-hitter:

On July 15, 1973, as Nolan Ryan was working on his second career no-hitter, Norm Cash went to the plate with two outs in the bottom of the ninth (after striking out his previous three at bats), holding a table leg from the clubhouse instead of a regulation bat. The stunt drew immediate action by the umpire, who ordered Cash to use a legal bat. Cash popped out using a regulation bat to end the game.

20. mike g says:

So I just joined the pool…

Even though I’m starting a new job and will have extreamly limited internet access, I still think I’ll be able to assemble a team that will kill all of ya’ll!!

That’s right guys, take all the Habs players you want. I’ll be just fine with the other 29 teams, lol.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

21. HFX-HabFan says:

Great, more high football numbers.  What’s wrong with 8, 15, 22, 24, 25, 27 or 28?

22. pic1983 says:

Phillys offense was 8th in the league last year in Goals per game and a full goal per game lower than the league leading washington capitals.  To say Philly has the best offense in the league is the biggest farce I have ever heard, especially because they lost gagne (although I will call it moot in anticipation that JVR and Giroux will improve this season).  Philly was also ranked 15th in goals allowed per game last year, so to say their defense is the best is also a complete farce.  The only reason philly got anywhere in the playoffs last year is because they are big and tough, and the refs let them play that game.  If the refs called philly in the playoffs with the same standards they use in the regular season, philly would have been gone in the first round.  Also, Gagne was the catalyst that sparked philly last year when they were down 3-0 to boston, so dont underestimate how big of a loss he is for them.

23. JD_ says:

What a joke. It is great that people teach, but a grotesque leap of logic to promote and argue that the best high school teachers are somehow university calibre when the level of teaching really only reaches rather ordinary teenage kids. As much as the truth hurts those who imagine all teachers are perfectly equal, high schools were organised and developed for less intellectually capable people to enjoy, discover, temper and perfect their teaching skills.

Did I properly capture the gist of your pseudo-Darwinian post, teach?

24. slamtherimtim says:

just joined

25. Storm Man says:

Warhero you need to register on the ESPN site, After you do that click on fantasy and look for hockey and the league name is HIO Unlimited.

26. WarHero says:

I’m only 32, so we have the exact same view :)

27. pic1983 says:

All im saying is id rather keep the cap flexibility and give the spot to young players.  If guerin comes here it will be to play, not to sit on the bench, and the coaching staff will feel obligated to use him just like last year with MAB.  Yannick Weber should have gotten way more than a 2 game look before going to MAB, IMO.  Thats why jacques martin is the worst coach for this team, he has no tolerance for rookie mistakes.  Young players need consistency, and to be shown confidence if you want them to improve.

Thats my take on it.  The only reason i would bring in guerin is to fill a leadership role, and we already have plenty of that.  To take another roster spot away from a young player would be detrimental to the long-term success of this team.  Youve heard the saying “too many cooks in the kitchen” I presume? Thats exactly what will happen if you bring in billy guerin.

28. WarHero says:

Can you send it to me as well Storm?

29. kirbhabs says:

Is there still room?

30. Malreg says:

Ah, I was thinking about today’s Midget A…

31. punkster says:

You’re really stretching now and way off base though preconception and prejudice has that effect on some. Why not quit while you’re ahead because you’re definitely winning this meeting of the minds. I’m certainly no match for you.

32. HabsMitch says:

Yeah, I think I’m down to join as well !

33. Storm Man says:

Habsolouty I have sent you a email on details on how to join.

34. SensFanSpezza says:

35. SLONCOLD says:

well you make an offer and find out MR stormman. i’m saying i’m interested in the idea not saying they have to do it. obviously it has to make finacial sense…