Single-game tickets on sale Sept. 11

The Canadiens have announced that single-game tickets for the 2010-11 season will go on sale Sept. 11 at 10 a.m.

For all the details, visit the Canadiens website.

1. pic1983 says:

Phillys offense was 8th in the league last year in Goals per game and a full goal per game lower than the league leading washington capitals.  To say Philly has the best offense in the league is the biggest farce I have ever heard, especially because they lost gagne (although I will call it moot in anticipation that JVR and Giroux will improve this season).  Philly was also ranked 15th in goals allowed per game last year, so to say their defense is the best is also a complete farce.  The only reason philly got anywhere in the playoffs last year is because they are big and tough, and the refs let them play that game.  If the refs called philly in the playoffs with the same standards they use in the regular season, philly would have been gone in the first round.  Also, Gagne was the catalyst that sparked philly last year when they were down 3-0 to boston, so dont underestimate how big of a loss he is for them.

2. JD_ says:

What a joke. It is great that people teach, but a grotesque leap of logic to promote and argue that the best high school teachers are somehow university calibre when the level of teaching really only reaches rather ordinary teenage kids. As much as the truth hurts those who imagine all teachers are perfectly equal, high schools were organised and developed for less intellectually capable people to enjoy, discover, temper and perfect their teaching skills.

Did I properly capture the gist of your pseudo-Darwinian post, teach?

3. slamtherimtim says:

just joined

4. Storm Man says:

Warhero you need to register on the ESPN site, After you do that click on fantasy and look for hockey and the league name is HIO Unlimited.

5. WarHero says:

I’m only 32, so we have the exact same view :)

————————————————————————

6. pic1983 says:

All im saying is id rather keep the cap flexibility and give the spot to young players.  If guerin comes here it will be to play, not to sit on the bench, and the coaching staff will feel obligated to use him just like last year with MAB.  Yannick Weber should have gotten way more than a 2 game look before going to MAB, IMO.  Thats why jacques martin is the worst coach for this team, he has no tolerance for rookie mistakes.  Young players need consistency, and to be shown confidence if you want them to improve.

Thats my take on it.  The only reason i would bring in guerin is to fill a leadership role, and we already have plenty of that.  To take another roster spot away from a young player would be detrimental to the long-term success of this team.  Youve heard the saying “too many cooks in the kitchen” I presume? Thats exactly what will happen if you bring in billy guerin.

7. WarHero says:

Can you send it to me as well Storm?

————————————————————————

8. kirbhabs says:

Is there still room?

9. Malreg says:

Ah, I was thinking about today’s Midget A…

10. punkster says:

You’re really stretching now and way off base though preconception and prejudice has that effect on some. Why not quit while you’re ahead because you’re definitely winning this meeting of the minds. I’m certainly no match for you.

FREE TIMO!

11. HabsMitch says:

Yeah, I think I’m down to join as well !

12. Storm Man says:

Habsolouty I have sent you a email on details on how to join.

13. SensFanSpezza says:

Misoderfab

14. SLONCOLD says:

well you make an offer and find out MR stormman. i’m saying i’m interested in the idea not saying they have to do it. obviously it has to make finacial sense…

15. SLONCOLD says:

same type of player, either or i would be good with but moore is gonezo…

16. derfab says:

Strength, power, speed, whatever. ‘A’ level hockey was actually very close to elite level hockey (comparable to today’s BB or better) for those of us who played in the 80’s or earlier.

character is derfab destiny.

17. _Habsoloutly_ says:

how do you join?

18. derfab says:

How about, I pity you guys who have been brought up and educated exclusively, it seems, by people from the greater Toronto area who think that Margaret Atwood is an intellectually honest and insightful human being.

character is derfab destiny.

19. Malreg says:

Doan sued for defamation, other guy counter-sued, they just settled out of court.

20. fuhgawz says:

I was/am a HUGE Ryan fan — they broke the mold when they built him.  It wasn’t just his fastball the man had an insane curveball as well.  Im my lifetime and im only 32 Ryan ranks up there with the best of the best that i have ever seen play.  7 no hitters is a record i doubt will ever be broken that and his strikeout record.

21. derfab says:

Wash your underarms? misanthrope?

character is derfab destiny.

22. Jbird says:

That’s quite the pendulum swing in the first 3 months of his big league career.

Tale of two Blue Jays: Shawn Marcum has come back nicely after a full year off after tommy john while Dustin McGowan ‘s career looks done.  Who know’s what happens with the kid but it would be a miracle if he pitches for the Nats next year and quite the comeback to be anything like he was this year.  Better learn how not to throw a 100 MPH fast ball.

23. SLONCOLD says:

ya well 3rd line duties are different from 2nd line duties by the way… i’m saying it adding vets liek guerin is a depth move.

24. derfab says:

True. I just though it weird to see one of the best players in the world ranked 31st in any capacity. I meant as a hockey player, not as one of these cherry-pickin, shinny league, fantasy things.

character is derfab destiny.

25. derfab says:

Since thrown out of Ottawa, Coderre wants to go after the Quebec Nazi Act guy too.

character is derfab destiny.

26. krob1000 says:

I am only 33 and started watching my fair share of ball around age 10 and Nolan was still kicking stong.  The coverage wasn’t so great back then so I can only remember a couple of his starts and that is mainly because of his 100 mph fastball….it always seemed the announcers talked abut his fastball the entire game, between that, his fitness level and his career achievements it was hard to believe if you were looking away that there was anyone else playing! lol  Oh well….in retrospect he deserves every single compliment and will be remembered as one of the greatest and for his freakish longevity despite being the games hardest thrower….phenomenal really. Ricky Henderson…..best leadoff hitter ever …but also the biggest ego ever and that is a far tougher category to lead with the likes of Bonds, Cobb, Clemens, etc. Nolan Ryan is in a league of his own…..much like Gordie Howeis to hockey for those reasons….just an incredible freak of nature.

27. nunacanadien says:

Guerin would probably work very well with both Cammy and Subban, his style seems to complement Boyd’s grinding style too.  We would see the offensive spark I spoke about, Guerin would be a natural in Montreal.

28. derfab says:

Strong legs. Takes the strain off the shoulder. He was one of the first to use a serious pool-walking regimen, to the point where he could almost walk on water.

character is derfab destiny.

29. mike g says:

And also without HGH…

I’m not old enough to have seen him play, I’m only 22. But from researching on Ryan, I can honestly only say that he was probably just a special athelete. Some guys are like that, they can play at a high level for much longer than anyone else.

I think he was blessed with a very forgiving body and arm that allowed him to burn up the radar gun at an older age.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

30. Storm Man says:

I have set-up another ESPN fantasy hockey league as some missed out on the first league and wanted to join. The new one is called HIO Unlimited. If you joined the first one and want to play in this you can.

31. mike g says:

They’re already saying 12-18 months of rehab….

Anyways, I really think his akward delivery will cut his career short. Unless they do some video sessions and have him tweak his delivery at least a little, I can’t see him lasting too long.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

32. WarHero says:

Used to love watching Nolan play. I still remember watching him K Ricky Henderson for # 5000 :)

————————————————————————

33. pic1983 says:

Yeah but Eller is going to be a 3rd line player to start if anything, and Id much rather give a spot to eller than fill it with guerin.  This team needs to grow and improve, not just patch and bandaid every year to make the playoffs.  If Eller cant get it done on the 3rd line, than a guy like paccioretty/white/pyatt should be able to step in.  Ellers ceiling is a projected 2nd line center i believe, so starting him on the third line is easing him in, I wouldnt consider it rushing him in.  We have to give the young players a chance to make mistakes and learn from them, otherwise we will never become a perennial contender

34. mike g says:

Leave my Boy Richards alone, lol…

I’ll tell you what, if Richards was playing in the 80’s or 90’s, he’d be considered one of the top 10 players of the league. His mix of agility, goal scoring, physicality, etc.. is very hard to come by.

His only problem is that when you play the style of physical hockey he does, it’s only a matter of time before something “dirty” happens. He plays with an edge, and half a second change of position is enough to cross that fine line.

Same thing with Ovechkin and Corey Perry. Are they dirty, no. But their style of play will always leave the question marks. Guys like Shanahan always played with the edge and never got called cheap or dirty. The difference is back then you could get away with a little spear or elbow to the face. Now with all the replays and extra ref on the ice, it’s impossible. Apart from not being able to touch players anymore in the new NHL, they’ll catch it and you’ll be labelled a cheap shot artist.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

35. avatar_58 says:

Why not just keep Moore then? I was under the impression signings were done and we’re going with youth. Getting Guerin makes no sense.