Single-game tickets on sale Sept. 11

The Canadiens have announced that single-game tickets for the 2010-11 season will go on sale Sept. 11 at 10 a.m.

For all the details, visit the Canadiens website.

1. secretdragonfly says:

Stay tuned, could change again before the start of training camp :)

2. avatar_58 says:

81? I thought 60?

Yeesh, I’ve gone from 61 to 60 and now 81 in NHL10. I’m trying to get used to their numbers before the season and this isn’t helping….hah

3. krob1000 says:

Too bad noone has ever figured out how to perform Nolan Ryan surgery……that guy was fireballing over 100 mph well into his 40’s and without a Randy Johnson frame.

4. Mark C says:

I’d be surprised if he made any starts next season, maybe a few rehab starts at the end of the season. TJ recovery time for pitchers is now about a full year. I agree it is a big blow to the team and his career, but I wouldn’t write him off yet. Many scouts agree with you about his delivery, that big “W” he creates as he loads up is very worrisome.

5. Storm Man says:

Ok… How much do you think it will take to have him play for the Habs? we have around 4 mil left and you need to save some after you sign Price(2.7)mil and no way Billy plays for 1 mil and only takes home 450,000 after Quebec taxs.

6. SLONCOLD says:

when healthy they’re gonna be hard to beat. emery could be that x-factor in nets that could help push them to the cup.

i’m hoping someone nails richards with a nice elbow this year though lol he’s a great player i just hate him

7. WarHero says:

————————————————————————

8. mike g says:

The offense is a huge difference…

Boston, Buffalo and Toronto’s offense combined last year aren’t even in the same category as Chicago and Detroit’s.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

9. krob1000 says:

Bill Guerin and Glen Metropolit are both class acts but they command respect for completely diff’t reasons…metor is the perseverance guy, never gave up and finally made a go of it…Guerin…was a borderline star and is the prototypical power forward.  He is aging but is still scoring 21 goals minimum every year ….and is a right shot, and we don;t really have anyone with any grit to compliment our top six,a nd he is short term whcih gives our younger guys the opportunity again next season…..Guerin is a welcome addition to any room IMO based on what I have heard of him ….throw him an offer at least…he may not want to play here but it is a pretty rare find to have someone who could fit essentailly all of our needs up front in one foul swoop while meeitng our cap restrictions, the correct term to match our youth, the size, the right shot, the grit, the experience with Gio and Gomez where he would fit ideally……too many positives and we keep seeing guys like Recchi who take care of themselves and Guerin continue to put up numbers……sing him up…now!

10. Storm Man says:

OMG…… In fantasy hockey the H-Word is only number 45? Slovak you better send 1000 emails today saying that this is so wrong and the H-Word is in the top 3.

11. Malreg says:

This is so ridiculous, and I’m glad Doan is sticking up for himself.

Like it or not, racist remarks are part of sports.  Either in the form of trash talking, or bitching out ref’s to release some frustration.  Does it mean that the person who said it is racist?  Absolutely not.  The amount of times I must have called some one an eff’ing french something when playing hockey, is probably equal to the amount of times I was called a “tete-carré” or something else.  Hell, once a french kid passed by our bench told us to “retour a ton payis”(go back to your own country), just because the majority of the kids on our team were english.  Funny enough, he said it to one of the only french kids on our team…

But I digress.  It’s part of sports, deal with it. We can do our best to teach our kids and players about respect and not do it, but it will always be part of sports.

12. mike g says:

That’s a big blow to his career…

He’s lucky if he’s able to make 15 starts next year, which will hurt his devellopment and the franchise. Plus, depending on how he reacts to the surgery, he may lose some speed off his fastball, etc…We saw guys like Mark Prior and Kerry Wood battle injuries at young ages, and look wat happened to them. They came up to the majors as blue chip prospects, and then got smashed with injuries for years. The Cubs have sucked since, and those 2 guys never made huge impacts like they should have.

But, who knows. Some guys come back stronger, some worse. There’s just something about Strasburg’s wacky delivery that tells me he’s gonna be a frequent visitor to the DL….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

13. SensFanSpezza says:

I love the smell of misogyny in the morning.

14. SLONCOLD says:

yikes. well good luck to him. however, some guys come out throwing stronger after the surgery; im sure the “natinals” are hoping for that.

15. krob1000 says:

Guerin scored 21 goals last year,21 the year before, had 9 playoff pts in 9 games, oozes character and grit,is a right shot, is affordable, has connections with guys on our team, can convert Gomez chances AND add some grit to that line.  Personally, I am in complete agreeance with Eric Engels…make him an offer ASAP! I also liked Torres but Guerin is a short term ficx and an ideal role model for the room….he is willing to stand in fron t of the net, has a cannon for a shot, will still drop em, can hit a ton and i s just an all round class act…..I agree completely that it would be foolsih not to consider him.  It may take time away from POuliot though who the tam has high hopes for but I like the idea of dropping Pouliot from the top line and playing him with Eller and Lapierre.  It will be interesting btu Guerin would be a one year solution and would be out of the picture for when more young guys are ready to make the jump…..perfect fit IMO.

16. secretdragonfly says:

According to the Canadiens website, Boyd will be #17 and Eller is #81.

17. WarHero says:

Can any remember what numbers both Boyd and Eller will be wearing?

————————————————————————

18. secretdragonfly says:

Engels makes a good case but I also have reservations about his production, not to mention what effect this would have on the team’s cap.  I believe there is just over $4million remaining for the 2010/11 season, with Price remaining unsigned at this point.  If Guerin brought in $2million last season, it’s unlikely he would take less than $1.5million, which doesn’t leave a lot of wiggle room.  I seem to recall reading something about this being the issue with the team not re-signing Metropolit, who would certainly have continued to fill the veteran role.

19. mike g says:

1st of all, they’re not MY Flyers…lol…

I like them, but the Habs are #1 by far in my books.

Now back to the tenders situation. I think it takes the brains of a donkey to know that Philly’s terrible in nets (not an insult to you). It’s just wayy too obvious. But, every team has their weaknesses. For the Habs it’s size upfront. Many will say we will never win because of that default, and many will say Philly will never win because of their netminders.

So when I evaluate teams, I look at the overall picture. Philly’s offense is #1 in the league. There’s no if’s, and’s or but’s about it. When your top 12 forwards include Richards, Carter, Giroux, JVR, Hartnell, Briere, Leino, etc…you’re #1. Their defense includes Pronger, Carle, Timo, Coburn, Mezaros, O’donnel; also the best top 6 overall in the league.

Now, will having the best skaters allow them to win the Cup? My guess is more than likely it can, but nothing’s for sure. If I had to put money, there’s no other team as well balanced as the Flyers, excluding goaltenders. And something tells me if Emery recovers fully from his abdominal injury, the Flyers will re-ink him for the rest of the year at a very cheap price. And with Emery, they’ve got a serious chance at Stanley.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

20. SLONCOLD says:

my view is guerin might not be in the line up every night but it’s a nice fall back option if players get hurt or struggle to produce. Our youth should be given time to develop but they should not be put in a situation to fail either and then deal with the montreal fanbase/media.

Like lets take eller, he’s a good prospect right but anyone who simply expects him to be fantastic right out of the gates is setting up unrealistic expectations. just don’t complain about our youth struggling; my position is not to take away from our youth but to bring the best players to help them develop. Guerin or players liek him have to want to fit that role too.

21. Mark C says:

Never had more than 80 points in a season, weak +/-, so-so PIMS, only scores goals and he was 13th last year. Great, great player, but for fantasy hockey not so much.

22. Malreg says:

While Women’s hockey is definitely weak, you’re exagerating a little too much.

Team Canada practices and schrimmages against Midget AAA teams, which is not even close to being in the same ballpark as Midget A, or garage league hockey.

The biggest difference between men’s and women’s hockey is the shooting; that could probably be compared to Midget A.  For the most part, they just don’t have the strength and power to shoot the puck, and it makes it seem like much weaker hockey then it is, and it also makes it more boring to watch.

23. SensFanSpezza says:

It’s not an issue of columnists.  It’s in court right now.

24. SLONCOLD says:

well the blues finished with 90 points last year 2 more than our fantastic habs. i think the blues are hoping halak can steal 3-5 games more than mason/conklin did last year; that means making the playoffs. when you look at the central division, one could argue the blues might have one of the strongest goalies; but then again he might get completely lit up too but i thinking if halak could play against the big boys in the east he should be just fine down in st louis

25. Mark C says:

That’s too bad, at least its “only” Tommy John surgery and not a more damning injury like a labrum tear.

26. pic1983 says:

I agree.  Even in the most offense-heavy league nash isnt a top 5 pick.

27. mike g says:

BREAKING MLB NEWS:

Stephen Strasburg will undergo Tommy John surgery!!!!

Can you say, BUST.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

28. SLONCOLD says:

pretty much my thinking on it.

Now Back to your flyers…. they are stacked but i just have a feeling that their goaltending will let them down. Alot of people forget that even with chicago, niemi stole a few games and made some pretty key saves in the playoffs. their should be serious concern in philly camp because boucher and leighton aren’t exactly at the top of the goaltending classes.

If i’m a club the one thing i would want is a stud between the pipes. We all know goalies benifit from good defensive structures and good puck possesion teams infront of them. But at the end of the day your goalie is your last line of defense at keeping the puck out of the net; they also makes there defense look good when they make big saves on 2on1s and powerplay oppertunities. Heck we got into the playoffs and had some pretty good success when we had some hot goaltending. Good goaltending can cover up a lot of mistakes.

29. Thurston says:

Five years later and this is still an issue? It appears some columnists won’t let it rest.

30. pic1983 says:

Eric Engels also has a love affair with bill guerin: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-Engels/No-Brainer-Habs-Should-Offer-Guerin-a-Contract/82/29914

I have nothing against Bill Guerin, I just dont see the point of adding him on our team.  Guerins productivity is steadily diminishing, and theres more than enough leadership in the room.  I dont want to pay someone $1 million to take a roster spot away from one of our young players, or be a healthy scratch.  Theres just no point.  He had 45 points playing good minutes with sidney crosby, I highly doubt he will come anywhere near that number at 40 years old, and playing in montreal.

31. _koopy_ says:

I would love to have Guerin on the habs (at the right price). Eric Engels just posted this on hockeybuzz:

32. mike g says:

It was planned like that…

I don’t mean this in a bad way, nor am I poking fun at Sept 11th victims and their families.

But the Habs know that their ticket sales system is gonna crash like usual, so what better date than Sept 11?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

33. Mark C says:

Nash a top 5 pick? Can I join your league?

34. DAVE. N says:

A little concerned about Habs picking 9-11 for sales to go on tickets…just kidding….

35. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

My 3 favorite stadiums attended are Fenway, At&T and Canden Yards, but I would love to go to Wrigley! Enjoy!

36. punkster says:

I’m fascinated now to see just how far you’ll go.

FREE TIMO!

37. WarHero says:

I like Guerin, I really do, but I think the Habs already have enough Vets. Gomer, Gio, Hammer, Spacek, Gill

————————————————————————

38. mike g says:

I like Billy G…

I’d want the Habs to grab him, it certainly wouldn’t hurt. When AK or Pou-Pou go into one of their dissapearing acts for a month, shoot Billy on the top 2 lines. He’s got some grit and the old school attitude.

1 year, 1 mill with an option year.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

39. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Just curious, do you not like Gomez the player or his contract?

40. derfab says:

Very reasonable. They will need someone like him to survive the end-of-season scramble.

character is derfab destiny.

41. mike g says:

I wish Jaro all the luck…

I’m not saying he ain’t a good goaltender or anything, but I wish him all the luck to compete in that division. If there was a division that could make goaltenders look terrible, it was the Central divison; Detroit, Chicago and Nashville. A goaltenders nightmare that divison is. Add up the fact the the Blues have one of the worst defensive cores in the NHL, and it spells trouble for Halak.

I honestly think it will take the Blues another 2-3 years to be able to comepete annually. They’ll score goals for sure cuz they have some very goos young talent up front, but their defense leaves far too much to desire.

So in 2 years, I can see Halak having a taste of the playoffs again. 4 teams can’t make it from the same division, and Detroit, Chicago and Nashville aren’t falling in the standings…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

42. TorontoHabsFan says:

Well you implied that bunch of beer league 40 yr olds would trounce them, I’m showing you that, no, that isn’t the case.

I’m not sure why women’s hockey is so offensive to you – if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

43. derfab says:

How about an anthem?

Imagine all the people, living life in peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeace!!!!!

character is derfab destiny.

44. secretdragonfly says:

Wow, keep digging – this is somewhat entertaining.

45. WarHero says:

Love it!

————————————————————————

46. derfab says:

Yes. I agree. Let’s start acampaign to get rid of bodychecking once and for all and draft cute little blond girls to play for the Habs. We can make posters and recruit volunteers outside UFC events!

character is derfab destiny.

47. SLONCOLD says:

So yesterday i mentioned bill guerin’sname and how i wouldn’t mind having him on the habs and i got this whole rebutal about him being too old, not productive enough or sign him for packing boxs.

Well, have you guys heard of depth? I’m not breaking the bank for the dude or offing a multi year deal. The problem some of you are having with this whole youth idea is the only way to go; you’ll also be the first to say the players were rushed up though if they fail / made some mistakes. Injuries are going to happen this year and i think it would be nice to have a player like guerin(could be another vet) who could step in and help us out a bit.

48. derfab says:

Sorry, did you say that the best women in the world lost 10 games to Albertan boys teams?

character is derfab destiny.

49. derfab says:

I guess you disagree. As to my tone, I think it less shrill than your’s. But that could just be my chauvinistic hearing. I also believe that women are no less violent than men, only less effective because they are physically weaker in an instrumental sense (brute force), which would also make them inferior hockey players.

P.S. Neanderthals were less violent than Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

character is derfab destiny.

50. Fire_Laraque says:

On another note.  Shane Doan comes clean and confesses that 5 years ago, a teammate used racist remarks against a French Canadian ref leading to Shane’s game penalty.

He still denies it was him saying it though.  You can read it here:

51. TorontoHabsFan says:

Seconded.

52. secretdragonfly says:

Post of the week, right there.  Thankfully opinions like those expressed above are slowly becoming less common (or at least those expressing them have the sense to keep their bigoted views to themselves).

53. Mr-T says:

It has gained various levels of support around the world.

54. TorontoHabsFan says:

“Wickenheiser and her teammates have heard
    it for more than a decade now: Ever since women’s hockey entered the
    Olympics in 1998, doubters and chauvinists have minimized the sport,
    claiming any good boys’ team could trounce the women.

Now
    there’s quantifiable proof they’re wrong. The Canadian women have gone
    16-10 in the AMHL games that counted, regularly beating Alberta’s top
    teenagers — including Phaneuf, the younger brother of Toronto defenseman
    Dion Phaneuf.”

55. SeriousFan09 says:

Puck Daddy has the Mount Puckmore of the Dallas Stars up, guess who takes a bow from Montreal?

Hint: It’s NOT Ribiero.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

56. derfab says:

Weird rankings. Nash has to be a top 5 pick. Richards top 10.

character is derfab destiny.

57. punkster says:

I take exception to the tone of your comments and I believe you miss the point of amateur and professional sports for women.
    In the first place there is no reason to label this a “grotesque leap of
    logic” as if it some sort of hideous, insidious plot by women to usurp
    your position as the dominant species, to denigrate a woman’s athletic
    abilities by unfavorably comparing them to “ordinary teenage boys” or
    brush off Wickenheiser’s pro shot in a male league as “laughable”. That
    stance diminishes your argument considerably.
    As to the subject of women in sports you may some day learn that women
    are considerably different than men in many ways none the least of which
    is their abhorrence of violence, their infinite patience with
    neanderthals and their innate ability to detect BS when they hear it.

FREE TIMO!

58. derfab says:

There may be a few women with as yet unseen potential that would have to be several multiples of the best so far  to compare to a good 18 year old male. However, not counting the guys in prison, the injured and unlucky, or the one’s whose parents never had the cash, there is an ocean of potential players who gave up for one reason or another. Manners are important, but, to paraphrase martin luther King, a man dies when he refuses to face the truth.

character is derfab destiny.

59. avatar_58 says:

Remember though that some of this is because the level of interest isn’t as high as mens. Some potential star players may never join a league and just do other things.

60. SmartDog says:

smartass

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

61. secretdragonfly says:

If you’re not particular about who the visiting team is (ie no Original Six especially), tickets in the reds can be had in that range – you just need to really scour the listings.  That being said, try your luck on Sept. 11 first – you just never know, however,  my advice would be avoid any tickets in the Club Desjardins section; no way anyone can eat that much junk food to justify the extra $$$.

62. observer says:

yeah right! the same network that chose the pittsburgh-ottawa series over habs-washington because they thought that one would be a better series.

63. derfab says:

Because my local rink in Rosemount is used by the team Kim St-Pierre plays for, I have seen a fair bit of elite level women’s hockey. Kim is a fine goaler but if you are under 40, have ever played double-letter level or even Midget ‘A’ and are stiil in reasonable, garage-league type shape, you most likely skate faster, shoot harder, see the play and control the puck better than the majority of Kim’s teammates. Based on the attendance for the games (often less than for my son’s Atom practices)only a few of the ladies Dad’s would disagree.

character is derfab destiny.

64. blu3chip says:

Last time I paid $300 for 2 tickets centre white 2nd row… on ebay. It was vs Carolina too…

I get Leafs tickets for free from my company, 5th row from ice…  lol  irony…

65. notbigbird says:

Probably K Jr.

66. SmartDog says:

how much more do you pay there?

can you get a great pair of tickets for say $200 each?

——–
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

67. pic1983 says:

I dont remember anything about a guarantee that hes bolting to the KHL, just that they would explore other options.  They are using the KHL for leverage for sure, but I dont think Kovalchuk will actually go back to russia.  If Kovalchuk signs with an NHL team other than new jersey, I cant wait to see that press conference.

“Well I’m glad to be in ______________.  Its too bad things didn’t work out in NEw Jersey, but I’m glad to be in this city right now, you guys were always my second choice.”

I was about to say I wonder how the fans would react, but Im sure they wouldnt care, they would just be psyched to be getting kovalchuk.

68. pic1983 says:

Pretty sure laracque has an NMC because otherwise we could have just buried him in the minors.

69. pic1983 says:

Like ive said before, I have nothing but respect for the women who play sports, and I recognize their tremendous talent.  Im sure, with body contact removed, all the national womens hockey players are better hockey players than I am.  However, as a fan and someone watching from home, its a little hard to watch womens sports after watching mens sports because the gap is huge.  Kind of hard to watch women pulling 540’s on the snowboard halfpipe after youve watched Shaun White do 1260’s like its no big deal.

70. HFX-HabFan says:

I try to be a good ticket too.  ;)

71. derfab says:

They are talking body contact and women’s pro hockey at “The Summit”. What a joke. It is great that women play, but a grotesque leap of logic to promote and argue that the best women are somehow pro calibre when the level of play, as with women’s baseball, football, soccer and basketball,etc., really only approaches that of athletic but rather ordinary teenage boys. As much as the truth hurts those who imagine us all perfectly equal, living in peace in minimal contact gatherings around the globe, these sports were organised and developed for men to enjoy, discover, temper and perfect their combative virtues. Haley Wickenheiser is a great athlete but, despite her laughable attempt in Finland, she is not a pro hockey player.

character is derfab destiny.

72. WarHero says:

Not a big signing, but at least it’s news … Stars sign Nick Grossman

————————————————————————

73. Thurston says:

Gotcha. Didn’t realize that.

I’m actually glad to hear it’s legitimate news rather than some columnist dredging up old news.