Single-game tickets on sale Sept. 11

The Canadiens have announced that single-game tickets for the 2010-11 season will go on sale Sept. 11 at 10 a.m.

For all the details, visit the Canadiens website.

1. SeriousFan09 says:

Puck Daddy has the Mount Puckmore of the Dallas Stars up, guess who takes a bow from Montreal?

Hint: It’s NOT Ribiero.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

2. derfab says:

Weird rankings. Nash has to be a top 5 pick. Richards top 10.

character is derfab destiny.

3. punkster says:

I take exception to the tone of your comments and I believe you miss the point of amateur and professional sports for women.
    In the first place there is no reason to label this a “grotesque leap of
    logic” as if it some sort of hideous, insidious plot by women to usurp
    your position as the dominant species, to denigrate a woman’s athletic
    abilities by unfavorably comparing them to “ordinary teenage boys” or
    brush off Wickenheiser’s pro shot in a male league as “laughable”. That
    stance diminishes your argument considerably.
    As to the subject of women in sports you may some day learn that women
    are considerably different than men in many ways none the least of which
    is their abhorrence of violence, their infinite patience with
    neanderthals and their innate ability to detect BS when they hear it.

4. derfab says:

There may be a few women with as yet unseen potential that would have to be several multiples of the best so far  to compare to a good 18 year old male. However, not counting the guys in prison, the injured and unlucky, or the one’s whose parents never had the cash, there is an ocean of potential players who gave up for one reason or another. Manners are important, but, to paraphrase martin luther King, a man dies when he refuses to face the truth.

character is derfab destiny.

5. avatar_58 says:

Remember though that some of this is because the level of interest isn’t as high as mens. Some potential star players may never join a league and just do other things.

6. SmartDog says:

Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

7. secretdragonfly says:

If you’re not particular about who the visiting team is (ie no Original Six especially), tickets in the reds can be had in that range – you just need to really scour the listings.  That being said, try your luck on Sept. 11 first – you just never know, however,  my advice would be avoid any tickets in the Club Desjardins section; no way anyone can eat that much junk food to justify the extra $$$.

8. observer says:

yeah right! the same network that chose the pittsburgh-ottawa series over habs-washington because they thought that one would be a better series.

9. derfab says:

Because my local rink in Rosemount is used by the team Kim St-Pierre plays for, I have seen a fair bit of elite level women’s hockey. Kim is a fine goaler but if you are under 40, have ever played double-letter level or even Midget ‘A’ and are stiil in reasonable, garage-league type shape, you most likely skate faster, shoot harder, see the play and control the puck better than the majority of Kim’s teammates. Based on the attendance for the games (often less than for my son’s Atom practices)only a few of the ladies Dad’s would disagree.

character is derfab destiny.

10. blu3chip says:

Last time I paid $300 for 2 tickets centre white 2nd row… on ebay. It was vs Carolina too…

I get Leafs tickets for free from my company, 5th row from ice…  lol  irony…

11. notbigbird says:

Probably K Jr.

12. SmartDog says:

how much more do you pay there?

can you get a great pair of tickets for say $200 each?

Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

13. pic1983 says:

I dont remember anything about a guarantee that hes bolting to the KHL, just that they would explore other options.  They are using the KHL for leverage for sure, but I dont think Kovalchuk will actually go back to russia.  If Kovalchuk signs with an NHL team other than new jersey, I cant wait to see that press conference.

“Well I’m glad to be in ______________.  Its too bad things didn’t work out in NEw Jersey, but I’m glad to be in this city right now, you guys were always my second choice.”

I was about to say I wonder how the fans would react, but Im sure they wouldnt care, they would just be psyched to be getting kovalchuk.

14. pic1983 says:

Pretty sure laracque has an NMC because otherwise we could have just buried him in the minors.

15. pic1983 says:

Like ive said before, I have nothing but respect for the women who play sports, and I recognize their tremendous talent.  Im sure, with body contact removed, all the national womens hockey players are better hockey players than I am.  However, as a fan and someone watching from home, its a little hard to watch womens sports after watching mens sports because the gap is huge.  Kind of hard to watch women pulling 540’s on the snowboard halfpipe after youve watched Shaun White do 1260’s like its no big deal.

16. HFX-HabFan says:

I try to be a good ticket too.  😉

17. derfab says:

They are talking body contact and women’s pro hockey at “The Summit”. What a joke. It is great that women play, but a grotesque leap of logic to promote and argue that the best women are somehow pro calibre when the level of play, as with women’s baseball, football, soccer and basketball,etc., really only approaches that of athletic but rather ordinary teenage boys. As much as the truth hurts those who imagine us all perfectly equal, living in peace in minimal contact gatherings around the globe, these sports were organised and developed for men to enjoy, discover, temper and perfect their combative virtues. Haley Wickenheiser is a great athlete but, despite her laughable attempt in Finland, she is not a pro hockey player.

character is derfab destiny.

18. WarHero says:

Not a big signing, but at least it’s news … Stars sign Nick Grossman

19. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

I don’t think we were ever told exactly why things happened the way they did, but Laraque definitely had a NMC, and was never waived. That’s why he was still listed on our active roster. I’ve never heard of that special clause for European players, but I’ve come to realise that there are lots of things that exist that I’ve never heard of. It could also be related to the fact that Huet was an off-season move, and Laraque was mid-season.

Here’s the HIO report from the time:

20. geo_habsgo says:

I think K stands to gain from a little stability around him. As much as his younger brother has been a comfort to him over the last few seasons, I always felt that Sergei’s butting heads with the management would distract Andre. With Sergei K gone now Big K just has to focus on his hockey. Also, I think that getting to play with Plecks and Cammie will only benefit them if he is willing to park in front of the net and use his godly wrist shot the way it was meant to be used.

But I totally agree that the management is losing patience fast. If this turns out to be a healthy season as far as injuries are concerned then Big K will be on a very short leash.

21. derfab says:

K has to outscore Pleks, who can’t be expected to top 25, or he’s gone before the deadline. Pouliot is still very green. Anything over 20 is bonus. But with Eller, Pacs, Kristo….I doubt the Habs will be very patient. He will probably be gone next year as well unless he jumps up in his development to show he really is a solid top 6 guy.

character is derfab destiny.

22. CanadienBoy says:

Best news of the summer CBC will broadcast 28 Habs games versus 24 Leafs , let the light in !!!

23. HFX-HabFan says:

So we agree then.  Last weekend of October it is!

24. secretdragonfly says:

In my experience, on-line is luck of the draw and takes a lot of patience.  If you want good or great tickets for a particular game, your best bet is on ebay or stubhub.

25. habstrinifan says:

Totally love your choices and the rationale behind them.  Especially the ‘hope’ part for Pouliot. It would be great for Montreal if Pouliot were to score between 28 and 35 goals. It is great for the team and it’s cultural image when we have a top notch forward who is French. And would be nice to see a ‘gifted’, high draft offensive player pan out in Mtl. On top of that I wont be looking at the Minnesota game log everynight with a bottle of Pepto Bismal at hand.

26. SmartDog says:

Does anyone have experience trying to be GOOD tickets.   Is online a good way to go?  If so are there any tricks to it?

Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

27. Aybara says:

amen….. amen

28. nightmare_49 says:

World Hockey Summit Wraps up … by Jeff Marek

29. K-hab25 says:

Gotta go with the more consistent guy, Plecky. If all played up to there full capabilities, I’d go with Kostitsyn. If we were going on who I reallly hope does it, than Pouliot. I don’t believe he’s a natural goal scorer like Kostitsyn, but I think he is the most offensively gifted, all around, of the three.

30. observer says:

Even the Leafs’ championship drought of 43 years (and counting) seems like yesterday to the last championship the pitiful Cubs(especially the 2010 Cubs) won back in 1908 just 102 years ago(and counting too).

31. observer says:

NHL’s current management is far worse than the Habs management team ever was or is.

32. deuce6 says:

Laraque had a NTC, not a NMC, and did clear waivers…Besides, he did want to play in the Swiss league, but got denied by the NHL..The team simply wanted to rid him of the franchise..

Bugs brought up the reason why, already..Huet is Euro born and there is an exemption to players born in Europe..

33. Bugs says:

Dans mes bras, Proppie!

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory:

34. Bugs says:

Your pretending is to be commended then because it had me completely fooled.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

35. JD_ says:

Your candour is refreshin’, my friend.

36. SeriousFan09 says:

AK, distraction-free and that wrist shot is insane when it’s unleashed.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

37. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m calling within the first 10 games he’s back in the CH.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

38. SeriousFan09 says:

That would be a strange thing to occur at the same time a cyclical and not self-propagating calender designed by an extinct Central American culture just happened to end because that culture was made extinct by another culture before they could add any more time on to it would it not?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

39. JD_ says:

…like a dude at the WSOP Main Event final table, facin’ an A, K, 9 flop and holdin’ an unsuited 2-7 in the hole.

40. HFX-HabFan says:

Dude’s always been a fast healer.  I imagine he’ll be back in the lineup before the calendar hits November.

41. HFX-HabFan says:

Good to see you can make a post without slagging the current Habs management or making a reference to 88 points.  Well done, Tony.

42. Mr-T says:

43. Propwash says:

Pouliot….by far

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

44. otter649 says:

According to CTV sports the deadline is 48 hours or else Mr Kovalchuk will spend this season with The KHL……

45. Bob Dobbs says:

I don’t know, they just said PK “stepped” on Staal’s foot, which is indeed what happened…

46. HFX-HabFan says:

And replace him with…?

47. otter649 says:

BGL would have had to clear NHL waivers (going to Europe or AHL same thing) & Laraque did not lift his no movement clause to allow this to happen so nothing happened………..

48. LA Loyalist says:

Can we do it with nGomez?

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

49. Mr-T says:

Are you implying that there is not going to be a geomagnetic shift in the earth’s Magnetic Field, resulting in the reversal of the North and South poles, thereby causing catastrophic weather events.

Support Carey Price         “Hypocrisy is not a virtue”

50. geo_habsgo says:

I’m going to go out there and K Senior. He has the touch if he ever decides to turn it on for more than a few games. Pleks will play well again and Pouliot just hasn’t convinced me yet but I do think he has all the right tools. This is me pretending I know something about hockey :p

51. geo_habsgo says:

In unrelated news, I ran in Andre Markov today downtown. Saw him walking the streets. I did not get to talk to him really but he seemed pretty healthy and a lot bulkier than I ever imagined him to be. Always cool to see one of the Habs out and about in the city.

I’m thinking he is going to come back from his recovery a lot sooner than what’s being projected. He has done it before I can see it happening again as long as it is not a rushed, botched recovery.

52. Bugs says:

He’s bluffing.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

53. Bugs says:

Who gets more goals this season, all imponderables included?

K Senior, Plecky, or my boy Poolio?

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

54. Bugs says:

That special clause (of which I don’t know the exact details, sorry) only applies to European-born players.

Questionable but unactionable, it’s

55. otter649 says:

If Kovalchuk does not get an average of 10 million a year in The NHL – He probably will go to The KHL since that’s what he turned down from Atlanta and would not look good if settled for less in The NHL………

56. deuce6 says:

The Hawks have permission to lend Huet to a Swiss League team to get his cap hit off the books…Why was it denied by the NHL when we tried to do the very same thing with BGL???

Thinking BS on this one, Bettman…

57. JD_ says:

Fortunately for Donald Fehr, and unfortunately for hockey fans, he doesn’t need to know the difference between a hockey stick and a baseball bat to do a whizbang job for his new clients. Heck, he doesn’t even have to step foot in an NHL arena.

Fehr’s a mercenary-for-hire. All he needs is the current CBA, the league’s P&L, and a big cup o’ joe.

And, far as I know, NHL club owners are generally far less deep-pocketed and wily than their baseball counterparts. I am doubtful Bettman will underestimate the guy for even a second. Gary probably swore up a storm when he got the call about the all-but-confirmed rumour.

Why, as we speak, somebody out there is probably already editin’ the next installment of those Downfall spoofs, this time with Bettman bein’ given the bad news.

58. observer says:

he is a lawyer trying to get the best deal for his clients the players vs. the owners who want to keep as much for themselves – it is the exact same in every sport. the owners dont and never gave a damn about the fans.  they publish publicly the exact money each player makes so the jealous envious peasants if a player should perform bad will attack them  as will the media BUT they wont open their books and refuse to give the exact amount the gm or the president or the owners each make even if the team sucks. but these fans take the owners – the elite sons of money for the most part – these fans take the owners side. what a joke. BTW – after this free agency where all these RFAs are furious because they are screwed by the current deal and only a few UFAs who even got good money WHICH WAS MUCH LESS than in previous years(no collusion here?) the onLy exception kovalchuk the league i mean bettman for the owners blocking – yes it is guaranteed there will be a strike or lockout. fehr is the perfect man for the players and bettman’s worst nightmare. NFL and NHL have another thing in common both have had a couple of strikes/lockouts AND BOTH will have another in the next year(NFL) and 2 years(NHL).

59. observer says:

bettman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the man made millions off this game that even he couldn’t ruin by his greed.

60. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

A cool piece of video on Cammalleri’s most important piece of equipment.

61. avatar_58 says:

Kind of like what they did to Markov wasn’t an injury. An eye for an eye….

62. Bill J says:

Fehr leaves a bitter taste in some Montrealers mouths.

Seeing as one of the lockouts Fehr was involved in, cost the ‘Spos a championship season that would have boosted revenue, and likely kept that team together for more success & revenue.

The fact that he is clueless of the NHL only scares me more.

63. RiverviewCanadien says:

When I read this I thought, “they certainly did not make it sound like an accident”. Staal April 30th Injury.

64. Exit716 says:

Fehr doesn’t understand hockey and will be crushed by the owners.

65. SeriousFan09 says:

2012 won’t be the end of the world for everyone, just hockey fans and probably when the Habs are in an excellent position to contend (Leblanc, Tinordi, Kristo, Avtsin on the big team).

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

66. Bill J says:

Thus why I have suspected a strike &/or lockout.

The current CBA ends in 2 seasons.

Am I worried ? YES

Far more worried then if Price will be signed… 😉

67. SeriousFan09 says:

Until Fehr gets in there and argues it’s every player’s right to get paid twice what they’re worth for 10 more years longer than they’ll actually be playing oh and PED investigation? That isn’t going to happen with Fehr around.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

68. Bill J says:

I think the Kovy2 Deal is the straw that broke the camels back with respect to front loaded contracts.

You wont see many more if any of those going forward I bet.

69. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Kovulchuk’s agent is setting a deadline for a deal to be accepted by the NHL or he will bolt to the KHL.  Nice how the NHL let’s some teams have front loaded contracts and rejects others,  the NHL is bush.

70. RiverviewCanadien says:

Speaking of tickets, I have to travel to Chicago next week for business meetings. One of our Directors at work got me Club Box tickets for a Cubs game…first baseball game ever (Wrigley Field to boot).

I am so stoked!

71. RiverviewCanadien says:

Yup did not have much luck getting good seats when they first changed over. But fortunately last year, my wife and I got lucky for the Centennial Game…Awesome Night!

Hat trick Cammy and Price almost had the shut out…and I got to see Roy dressed in Habs gear. I will never forget that night.

72. nightmare_49 says:

Should the NHL continue going to the Olympics? [Down Goes Brown]

73. Chuck says:

Ah, yes… the virtual waiting room! Otherwise known as “Internet Hell”, or “How I Wasted a Sunny Afternoon”.  🙂