Shoutout to a group of loyal fans

Not exactly what we do here, but here’s a tip of the Habs Inside/Out helmet to the group of loyal Habs and HIO fans I encountered tonight at Le Manoir in Pointe-Claire.

These guys wanted to talk about the Canadiens – contracts, roster, the season past and the one to come. A brasserie isn’t the place to take names, unfortunately, but as promised them in parting, here’s a quick shoutout to an enthusiastic group whose support of HIO we appreciate very much.

Hope to see you again, guys.

1. carolinahab says:

Mention of the Manoir brings back old memories of John Rennie and the like. Never miss hitting the Manoir on a trip home. Hope to see you there sometime Dave. Now lets get Price signed up!!!!

2. Exit716 says:

Post of the day!

3. CERF says:

what are we all doing here at 3am folks

4. nightmare_49 says:

Rant from Seth Rorabaugh / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

-Rant: If the Panthers want to put some butts in the seats, they should try putting together an legit, competitive team. This joke of a franchise hasn’t reached the postseason in over a decade. Do you realize how easy it is to make the playoffs in the NHL? Over half the teams in the league get in. And considering they play in a traditionally weak Southeast Division, the task would appear to be even easier for the Panthers. Heck, the Thrashers have won the division. But no, instead of going out and signing their marketable superstar, the Panthers are marketing their team on a superstar from another sport.

-The Panthers are offering a LeBron James-themed ticket package for next season.

5. HabFanSince72 says:

Wait a minute … he’s from Pittsburgh and he criticizes clubs that deliberately ice a non-competititve team?

6. c.robillard says:

Hey! I was at Manoir tonight too! Sitting in the back corner near the exit and the ATM. Small world eh? And now Le Manoir is open til 3 AM!

7. SeriousFan09 says:

Okay, apparently I need to hang around Manoir the next time I’m in MTL.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

8. Sportfan says:

Wow if only we had a lot of room on our cap lol

Could the Flyers consider waiving Simon Gagne
    if they can’t find a trade partner? According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, a
    few NHL executives he’s spoken with believe that’s an option
    Philadelphia will use if they can’t move Gagne in the next few days.

9. showey47 says:

We would have the room if we moved harmlik. But with the way ufa’s are now taking a pay cut other then kovalchuk you can probably 3 defenceman for 5.5 million.

10. Sportfan says:

No way I was at the Manoir for a bit ! Damn I would have loved to have talked hockey, thats what me and my friends were doing on the Terrace I hope you enjoyed your self Mr. Stubbs

11. idle says:

Question for you Dave.  How many times when you go out and are recognized by Habs fans do you wind up talking about politics or music or movies with them?

12. Dave Stubbs says:

Roughly never, but that’s fine. I’m constantly amazed at the passion of Canadiens fans; if they want to talk hockey with me, I’m happy to oblige. (And to Sportfan’s comment below: I was indeed on the terrasse.)

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

13. SlovakHab says:

moved to the next thread..

14. awesomerino says:

“A brasserie isn’t the place to take names”

Dave Stubbs, you are a stand-up guy in my books.  I still hate The Eagles, though.