Ryan White sent to Hamilton

So Ryan White was headed somewhere, told not to practice this afternoon in Atlanta before being sent to the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs.

And the Brett Festerling era is over. Acquired from Anaheim in the Maxim Lapierre trade, the defenceman has been dealt to Atlanta for goaltender Drew MacIntyre.

GM Pierre Gauthier will speak to the media around 5 pm ET.

Quick Hit on deadline day

1. Jonson says:

if they trade this guy they are all idiots

2. Connecticut Man1 says:

5 minutes to go…

3. lenny says:

I wish Gomer was told not to practice too….

What are we goig to do with all our D men, both Picard and Mara healthy scratches…..is Wiz and Sopel going to resign?

4. J.J. of Turku says:

Talented guys don’t need to practice?

5. MEGAJOSH says:

Watch it happen; White and a pick to Nashville for Dumont.

6. coachdoug says:

Oduya????

7. Jonson says:

the way i see it , it has to be a major move for this to make sense. If you trade white for another player straight up then the player in return prob wont we anyone special. If they make a major trade i dont see white being enough to be part of it. he is young , fast and tough. why trade that right now?

8. dimitrib says:

White to the Hamilton Bulldogs! e(5)

9. habaholic68NJ says:

White may be headed to Hamilton.

10. coachdoug says:

The blockbuster deal!!!! Plan the parade…

11. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Jason Arnott to the Caps.  Looks like everyone in the east got better except the habs.

12. drivefor25 says:

Don’t sound so happy about the Habs going down the toilet in the first round. Some of us might get the idea you’re not a genuine Habs fan!

Fan since ’71

13. blu3chip says:

‘Everyone in the east’ as in Rangers, Canes, Panthers, Sens, Caps, and Thrashers? I just don’t understand why no one ever send me a memo for such important events. I mean, you would think NHL cutting the Eastern conference down to 7 teams (with the Habs) is a big deal.

14. Shiloh says:

I guess there could be a few minor deals announced, but we are likely out of the mix again. Sopel and Dawes, baby!

15. Hockey Socks says:

Love what Capitals have done today. Arnott and Wideman are great additions, should put them back in the discussion for East contention. Philly and Boston aren’t the only two scary teams – especially if Ovechkin heats up.

16. habaddict_andy says:

Higgins to Vancouver e4…later CONFIRMED  LOL

Can’t believe I even went to that cheap website.

17. HabFanSince72 says:

I see.

So you don’t know that White has been traded, and if he has been traded you don’t know who for, but  you know that the trade (if it happened) is idiotic.

18. coachdoug says:

Big trade that did not happen today…

POS HIO server to the scrapheap for a server that doesn’t crash like Hall Gill going into the boards…

19. Habnofear says:

Ha ….The one time I want to hear all the opinions of the Fans and down goes the site…….

20. BJ says:

Lapierre and Higgins to the Canucks????

21. Hobie Hansen says:

Hopefully we got a little something for White if he’s gone! If he’s gone we actually got smaller at the deadline lol!

22. daveho29 says:

Lapierre to the Canucks

23. HabFanSince72 says:

Hope they win the cup!

24. Greg says:

Gauthier likes the draft, and we don’t have a 2nd rounder right now.  White could be it.

“I lined up next to him at a faceoff, looked over and said “Hi Rocket”. All he did was growl.” -Gordie Howe

25. HUDSONHAB says:

Lappy and Higgins to Van….Hab4life….

26. coachdoug says:

Laps under the bus on TSN…now they are backing over him again…too funny!

27. SeriousFan09 says:

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why Lapierre and Higgins are now Canucks.

Let me be clear, I never disliked them as Habs. I thought Higgins was a solid enough player who kicked in 20 goals a season and gave an honest effort and Lapierre was a great emerging player in 08-09, but as we all know they’ve both battled to have any kind of consistency for at least two years, three in Higgins case.

For a team aspiring to the Cup, Vancouver has taken two players who have identity issue problems, they don’t know what they ought to be doing on the ice too often and the stretch run for the playoffs is a pretty strange time to try and sort these guys out and tell them how they ought to be playing, that’s a project you start at the beginning of the season, not less than 20 games from the playoffs.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

28. avatar_58 says:

Oh my lol if the canucks win the cup now…

29. Rudy says:

Who did they give up for Arnott?

“Start the season with a clean equipment bag and a freah bucket of febreze!”-CharlieHodgeFan

30. RJB says:

Hmm, I see what you mean. But for me I see it as a good move for the Nucks. They add Higgins and Lappy to the bottom six, with Malhotra and Torres, thats huge. I think that bottom six now is exactly what Vancouver needs to go deep.

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” – Bilbo Baggins

31. TomNickle says:

That’s a player agent treating his NHL team like it’s a video game squad by trying to add scoring to his 4th line.

32. observer says:

and higgins currently is out with a broken thumb? unreal

33. HabFarmer says:

So what you’re saying then is that you’re more than happy to make us hear your opinions, but not that interested in hearing back?  Makes sense I suppose.

A man’s attitude… a man’s attitude goes some ways. The way his life will be. Is that somethin’ you agree with?

34. lenny says:

not to mention trying to get under the opposition skin after the whistle…that is totally against the system

35. Former Jets Fan says:

Other way around.  It was reported Lapierre asked for a trade – so he thought he was too good for this team.

36. observer says:

we do- one was traded for wiz but there is a bonus one for fischer that was traded away

37. Sisterray says:

They’re depth players. If they end up being awful for the Canucks, they’ll just be benched and the team will be back to their current team, which is doing pretty well.

38. likehoy says:

If there was one recent hab I wish the canucks would pick up is scott gomez.

- Gomez is holding down the “overpaid” button

39. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I meant the Eastern Conference teams that are in the playoff seeds.  Sorry for the confusion.  Rangers, Caps, Bruins, Flyers, Penguins, all loaded up for the playoffs. Sorry if the truth hurts youppi.

40. Chris says:

I think both guys were excellent acquisitions by the Canucks.  Lapierre is a very good 4th line player that got miscast as a third line player in Montreal.

Chris Higgins was always miscast (often in his own mind) about being a scoring line winger.  When he was put on a checking line and told to focus on that, he excelled.  I still remember him getting a standing ovation against the Bruins in that 2008-09 playoff massacre while killing a penalty, one of the precious few bright spots in an otherwise dark playoff.

In the right roles, these guys make the Canucks a much deeper team.  I think Vigneault is a smart enough coach to keep their heads screwed on straight and focus them on the roles they were brought in to fill, with the payoff of a Stanley Cup being a might powerful motivational tool.

For comparison’s sake, Plekanec (0.667 PPG) and Cammalleri (0.800 PPG) are the only Habs to have scored more points per game since December 1 than Chris Higgins (0.654 PPG).  When you factor in Higgins’ ability to be a good penalty killer and his minimal cap hit ($1.6 M), it’s not hard to see why the Canucks acquired him to bolster their depth for a Stanley Cup run.

41. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

I think you’re selling Laps a little short, was he not one of our better forwards in last year’s playoffs? Now the Canucks have two of the greatest yappers in the league, Laps and Burrows, they’ll draw a ton of penalties to keep the Canucks on the PP.

42. Former Jets Fan says:

Higgins is a head-scratcher, but Lapierre has a ‘History will be made’ commercial on his resume.

43. habaddict_andy says:

I think Lapierre is claimed just for the playoffs.  Vancouver has history of not performing well in playoffs.  Higgins..not sure why.

44. daveho29 says:

I’m going to be hearing at work I’m sure. The guy who owns the bar where I go absolutley hated Lapierre when the habs played the Canucks.

45. sidhu says:

“Ryan, look kid, you aren’t playing the system.  You try to hit and bang, and sometimes even fight.  You just don’t fit in here.”

46. Habnofear says:

It’s a good move for the Nucks and great for me cus when my Habs go down the toilet in the 1st round  I get to see Lappy play with Boroughs……I think this is the best thing that happened to Higgy!

47. HUDSONHAB says:

The Nucks don’t need either of them and so anything from them is bonus, they gave up nothing.

I think with some talking to and enthusiasm  they can really help.

….Hab4life….

48. TripleX says:

So let me get this straight.  A player that Montreal management and the coach think is not good enough to make their roster is coveted by the acclaimed best team in the NHL?   Go figure!

49. NightRyder says:

If the Canucks win the Stanley Cup I may have to move.

I am already being inundated by reports extolling the virtues of Higgins and Lapierre, as if the Canuckleheads just acquired Lafleur and Shutt in their prime.

50. krob1000 says:

rumour has it the Flyers, Bruins and Penguins made some rather significant moves as well…maybe not as big as Brent Sopel, Nigel Daews or Drew Macintyre?

51. Mr. Biter says:

HIGGINS HAS DONE NOTHING SINCE HE LEFT HERE 112 GAMES 18 GOALS 20 ASSISTS 10PIM. WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP BRINGING HIM UP!

52. A. Berke says:

Unfortunately they didn’t need any 3rd or 4th line centers.

Ali B.

53. VancouverHab says:

[NB: Mr. Boone--not "begs the question" but "raises the question."]

OK: no trade. Now let’s go back to Scott Gomez.

Empirical this time. Go to NHL.com.  On the games scroll horizontal at the top of the screen, scroll back to the Montreal-Carolina game & watch the HighLights. Give an argument why this is not a reel put together by Gomez’s agent to highlights his (a.) hockey excellence and (b.) worth at contract time.

54. coachdoug says:

Puck Daddy…”I have had bowel movements more explosive than this trade deadline…”

55. blu3chip says:

Oh the truth doesn’t hurt (my orange fur is rather thick).

Your stuff is kinda confusing though.

Those teams have had some significant trades, but nothing really big deal except for a several, e.g. Boston sold their prospect/pick for a pending UFA, Neal for Goligoski (that’s downgrading your D for a PF) etc.

Sometimes it is just better to have no trades and stay put.

56. Hockey Socks says:

Right, because Ryan White is the key to the Habs’ Stanley Cup aspirations…

57. coachdoug says:

Really?

58. Jonson says:

yeah yeah, i didnt put much thought into my initial comment. wtv ever though just read my second before you just all ove me

59. Displaced says:

I would trade Tinordi, but I’m not a Penner fan.

Whose leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

60. Displaced says:

It will be impossible to get any basis for this comment, but I believe it and take it for what it’s worth.  PG has a very low profile and is virtually incommunicative with the media.  Stealth is fine for certain things, but it hurts him when he tries to trade assets.  Burke is the polar opposite.  I think a Burke-type would have fetched more for Laps.

Whose leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

61. dasbooth says:

I don’t get the trade today, I thought we were desperate for D.  A little help here?

Also, though I secretly hoped Gomez would be dumped and a big forward would be acquired, I knew it wasn’t realistic. I’m happy we kept what we have. There was nothing out there that was going to turn us from what we are today to a team that on paper would beat Philly.

“Shutouts are really more of a team stat” – Carey Price

62. LA Loyalist says:

I’m happy to hang Gauthier, but I’m not going to hang him for “emergency” warm body moves due to injury.

I’d rather live with a couple of journeymen than wreck kids who should be getting pumped in the minors.

63. samTHEman says:

Renaud Lavoie from RDS tweeted that White was sent down and then recalled shortly after. His theory was that Gauthier was trying to make room for a trade that didn’t end up working out.

64. LA Loyalist says:

Who wants a trade for its own sake?

We want a trade that makes the team better now, or alternately, in the future, which is what happens after now.

We could have traded some guys that could help real playoff teams: Hammer, Gill, AK… for kids or4 picks, but no.

I’ll quote that hockey expert, the late Gerry Rafferty:

“Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Stuck in the middle with you.”

In the end, we did nothing. Why did we waste money on a plane ticket to Atlanta for Gauthier? I thought that was a bad omen when I heard he was going. Atlanta, it’s an armpit on a good day, it sure isn’t HockeyTown USA.

65. Chris says:

I’ll go out there and state that I would have given up Tinordi for Penner.  :)

66. olematelot says:

Pyatt is a better PK man

67. olematelot says:

Let’s not forget Desharnais

68. saskhabfan says:

Could you imagine had we kept halak like the manaparts,la loyalists and retromikey’s wanted? We would have been dumping contracts months ago and stuck with a flash in the pan goalie like the blues now are.

69. LA Loyalist says:

I don’t think anyone here would have given up Tinordi for Penner, that was a bogus rumour.

I would have like Penner at a bon prix, more for an indication that PG understands we are not going to win with too many Smurfs ™.

70. Mark C says:

The Ducks got a prospect too.

71. Displaced says:

We traded FOR a to-be-permanently benched Mara and could have HAD a third for Laps.  This is not good trading.

leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

72. Chris says:

Agreed.  Those were good moves for a Canucks team looking to push for a Stanley Cup.  Picking up a defenceman would have been a good idea as well, but I’m not sure they had the assets and/or cap space.

73. HabFanSince72 says:

They gave up two 3rd round picks.

So the value of players really does increase at the trade deadline.

Lappy was worth a 5th twenty games ago. Now, having done absolutely nothing in Anaheim (no goals, 3 asissts) he is worth a 3rd?

74. Les-Habitants says:

Haha, I feel the same way.

When I initially saw that, I was pretty pissed:

How dare Gauthier overpay for an over-rated forward! He hasn’t done anything, and he’s not consistent – we already have Benoit and Andrei, and you are telling me..

What?

LA got him?  Oh…

75. krob1000 says:

Couver picking up Higgins and lapierre for nothing is looking pretty good to me.  Neither guy has issues with battling in corners for pucks and both have above average speed and can kill penalties.  Thye can chip in offensively when playing in depth roles too.

76. Les-Habitants says:

We need to trade for a goaltender since Curtis Sandford is injured.

Ryan White to the minors?  Does that mean someone is coming up – Boyd, Dawes?

We had already given up several picks and players to acquire 3 NHL defensemen (Wiz, Sopel, Mara).  If our defense hadn’t been injured, we would have been actively shopping for a forward; unfortunately, that wasn’t the case and I think Pierre avoided overpaying for a solution that isn’t there.  We needed a 2nd line center, and hopefully one of Eller/Gomez/Desharnais can step up and fill that gap.

77. krob1000 says:

White told not to practice today……AI an agent?…. was wondering what he was up to these days.

78. Displaced says:

if it’s not too early to rank winners and losers for the trade deadline (past two weeks)…

Dallas is the BIG loser today.  Richards for the rest of the season and then pfftt. Nothing.  Add to that the head scratcher move for Gogo and you have to wonder how long Niewendyk is going to be the GM… Kings paid an awful lot for a player that probably doesn’t win them an extra round (I think they would have won one round either way).  Their fans will hate this trade in 2 weeks and regret it in 2 years… Toronto (this one hurts) gets two firsts, two prospects and other picks and moves closer to the playoffs… Boston is a marginal loser (IMO) for way overpaying for Kaberle.  For all their moves, I think they’re still behind Philadelphia as the Eastern rep for the Cup… For Habs fans, nice not mortgaging the future, but I would have liked to see PG sell something into a hot market… Edmonton is a big winner clearing cap space and getting more prospects and picks for Penner.  Florida is a modest loser for not shedding some of their other players, Vokoun in particular.  What’s the point of keeping him with a core rebuild underway?…  God bless them for getting a third for Higgins… PG are you listening to this???… Sad days in St. Louis as a team with aspirations becomes throws in the towel, but has the guts to add great young players in Shattenkirk and Stewart… Calgary fans are going to be paying for their unlikely rebound for a couple of years for not dismantling this team. If Penner nets a bounty, Iggy would have been worth a Gretzky-esque return…  Washington made several small moves to improve themselves into the playoffs.  Wideman and Arnott are big bodies that can help in a lot of different ways.  Ultimately, they need Ovie and their stars to star again…  Devil fans, see the issues surrounding the Calgary folks… Colorado should have moved some older players to kick start the rebuild, but give them props for pulling off a huge trade with the Blues… I’ve said for a while that Ottawa needed to gut to the bone.  Their cupboards are bare and Phillips, Alfredsson and others will play out their careers on a dud team… Vancouver, Higgins and Laps.  Really?  Really!?! That’s their answer to playoff players… Anaheim is a playoff dark horse if Hiller is healthy and gets hot… Detroit, with respect to my HIO friend (you know how you are) I’m not as sold on their goaltending as you are and their window is closing… Pittsburgh made a couple of discount moves to improve themselves, but sans Sid, they are not the even close to the same team… Rangers, clearly they doubt their chances so Sather will spend some money in the offseason… Nashville made a big splash early but their playoff push fizzled…

My predictions for the final four and the Cup:  Philly and Washington in the east; Vancouver and Detroit out west.  Vancouver over Philly in 5 for the Cup. Whose leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

79. nunacanadien says:

JM’s five on five style is not working very well.  It only works when the other team buys into it.  Otherwise the rest of the league just basically steps on and over our mighty shrimp lines.

80. Hammer says:

Living out west we get to watch the Oilers 30 time a year. IMO, Penner would not have been what the Habs needed. He has size, but slow, slow. He would have cost too much.

81. nunacanadien says:

Well the unknown is whether Price’s legs will not buckle under him or whether the Halak trade was worth Eller if Price cannot succeed under Playoff pressure, or if the defense cannot protect him.  But the additions of the Wiz and Sopel, we’ve yet to see whether their presence will buck up Gill and Gionta.  We all know Gomez is invisible regardless and a big waste of cap space.

82. nunacanadien says:

Probably following the Gilette style of making tons of money by giving us mediocre hockey with small unwanted players mixed in with skinny fast rookies.

83. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Very selfish of PG to not make a trade so that we’d have something to dissect and be a part of the excitement.

I’d love to see Tinordi traded to Edmonton for Penner, not for the betterment of the team, but just so I’d have something to talk about and read about and analyze. Future of the team be damned!  I want something to do now!!

84. krob1000 says:

I don’t twitter..we can’t access that from work…he has had trades up ten minutes before other sites…and his site worked all day…better than most. His site was the palce to go today without tv or a cell phone.

85. rob_c says:

Every year its the same thing. I was looking for a Rivet type move to be honest. Remember Rivet to the to Sharks for a first and Gorges (that first turned out being MacPac) Why not try to unload a Hamrlik, Wiz, Kositsyn and grab a piece for the future, or perhaps an early pick in this years draft. Im an optimist and believe Montreal can make a run to the finals this season if they play the way they can, but that wouldn’t change even if we traded one or more of those guys.

86. dallyd31 says:

I just don’t understand the ineptness of some people.  WE DO NOT HAVE THE TEAM TO MAKE A DEEP PLAYOFF RUN this year. With Gorges and Markov going down (and now Spacek) it just ain’t going to happen.  So what….would you like to trade our good young players and hurt us down the road for seasoned UFA vets who still won’t get us a cup ?  How about our first rounder for a guy who maybe MAYBE will get us past the first round.
    Good GMs’ know when to fold ‘em.

Stupid, just plain stupid that “fans” want a trade just for a trade…just to say “we did something”.

This is why fans are fans and not involved in hockey.

87. LA Loyalist says:

Sure, but weren’t you holding out for a Festerling for Finger trade?

88. joeybarrie says:

We give a 5th for Mara who played 20 min a game with Anaheim.
    They get a 3rd and a player for Laps who played 11 min a game for Anaheim.
    And you are saying we OVERPAID for Mara????
    Mara has 1 point less then Lapierre in Anaheim, and Mara is a defenseman.
    There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

89. t1tan5 says:

I was about to rip that post a new one, but thankfully I read the whole thing and realized it was written with tongue squarely in cheek. I hope others do the same.

90. Mark C says:

Lebrun via twitter says there is a prospect going to the Ducks.

91. nunacanadien says:

The way Gauthier is selling off our young, it makes you wonder if Eller will be traded for a small worn out centre ala Gomez style.  Heck fast forward and we could say Gauthier does not believe so much in our youth, Price being the exception to the rule.

92. krob1000 says:

I am glad PG finally pulled the trigger…this move had been Festerling too long and was disrupting the balance in the room….not exactly how he Drew it up…but situation resolved…way to go PG!!

93. joeybarrie says:

Every single team in the East got better today EXCEPT for the Habs. Oh what a bunch of idiots run this team. I mean we really should have traded away half our roster for a roster of different players and we would be on the path to the cup…
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I waited and waited and waited and waited for this team to make a move. I really had no freaking clue they wouldn’t do anything.
    I haven’t seen any of the moves pan out yet but every team is now better than us and there is nothing we can ever do about it…
    I MEAN FOR GOD’S SAKE VANCOUVER PICKED UP LAPIERRE. STANLEY CUP HERE THEY COME. Laps was TEARING it up in Anaheim with his 3 assists in 21 games. I can’t imagine the Nucks not getting 30 goals out of him next season, and of course Laps will lock up the Cup for them this season……..

Its like you wanted them to make a move JUST FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING A MOVE…….

OF COURSE a few weeks ago everyone was saying how we shouldn’t trade away our future on rentals….
    So it comes down to if you make a move I will bash you on that move… If you DONT make a move, then I will bash you for NOT making a move.
    Despite 3 new players wearing a Habs jersey. BUT RRGGGGHHHHH Why couldn’t you make a move TODAY….
    We absolutely wanted Penner… Apparently the west coast AK… BUT WE WANTED HIM…. OK feed my need for impulse buying just because we CAN…
    Get a grip.
    There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

94. Captain aHab says:

My god…really who cares about getting the info on trades seconds before someone else.

95. shootdapuck says:

Well the Habs did get bigger!

In goal! Macintyre is 6’2″!

“I only like to watch and takes notes” JM

96. nunacanadien says:

I disagree, with Halak there, Price has improved drastically.  With Halak, Price was able to mature.  So before you dump too much on Halak, remember that he brought us further into the playoffs than Price has done so far.  So before we give the Stanley Cup to Price, let us see him take us further than Halak.

97. TomNickle says:

Every trade that has been posted on that site has gone up after it’s been announced on Twitter.

Every single one.

98. Captain aHab says:

So if the Habs don’t have any moves left, safe to say the presser will be:

1) We made our deals before the deadline as we feel players are more expensive to get at the deadline.

2) We really like our team going forward.

That’s about it.

99. likehoy says:

I know you have a point, but I think I missed it.

what I got from this was you took too much time out of your life to do this :).

- Gomez is holding down the “overpaid” button

100. Former Jets Fan says:

Or, it’s a sign prices are higher on the last possible day of trading than in December, when you are asked by the player to make a move.

101. habstrinifan says:

Did Dawes get called up? I think Dawes is a perfect fit for JM’s system.. and I am not saying that sarcastically. Dawes strength has always been his skating and JM likes players who can skate. He has good hands and is good with and without the puck. But he can be inconsistent … yes folks.. another skilled but enigmatic player. Had a good junior and minor career but still has not prospered in NHL career. I am gonna use the “mark my words” phrase that’s been a topic of conversation in HIO tonight and which I should be smart an eschew… but mark my words, if Dawes gets into JM’s lineup he WILL be a PERMANENT fixture making Pyatt expendable(minors) and push other ‘fringe’ players for ice time. He is a prototypical JM type.

See I am over the  trade deadline disappointment already. Looking foward NOW…. well until after tomorrow’s game cause if we lose Iam gonna be cussing.

I know I know.. he’s small.

102. PrimeTime says:

Glad we didnt do anything! We are not in a position to be buyers or sellers…..stuck in the middle still. But now time to let the kids continue to gain experience, do a round or 2 in  the playoffs, move a couple of vets in the off season for picks and rebuild the now empty cupboard in Hamilton. We need to get bigger and let the kids develop. Our next window of opportunity is 2-3 years so that should remain the focus.

103. blu3chip says:

The best move of the day by Habs is not getting Penner.

Man my heart is still beating a bit quick because of that joke.

104. Chris says:

I’m not either, but Penner was the only power forward that appeared to still be available.  And he does have a big enough body to be an effective PP net presence.  Penner’s the kind of guy that might add an “intangible benefit” in that a team full of perimeter shooters, such as Montreal, could see a marked improvement in its scoring totals even if he isn’t on the score sheet, a la Tomas Holmstrom.

With Subban/Hamrlik, Wisniewski, Cammalleri and Plekanec on a first wave of the PP and Penner setting up a screen, you’ve got some potential for the goalie to not see the shots.

And the second wave of the PP (Gomez, Kostitsyn, Gionta, Subban/Hamrlik and Weber) gets a bit more balance to do some damage too.

105. Danno says:

Does it get any more uneventful than this?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

106. TripleX says:

Can anyone say how good Ryan White is, or isn’t?  Why does Eller get every opportunity to stick with the club?  Eller is showing he belongs now, but don’t tell me he belonged two months ago.

This is a systematic problem with Montreal.  Never giving a young player a chance to prove himself.  White was acclaimed as the breakout player during training camp.  So what happened?

Has Tom Pyatt done anything to show he belongs in the NHL?  I don’t understand how this team handles its assets.

107. CanadienBoy says:

Went Gomez time is over Eller will take over that big center job, the kid is a natural center and will get heavier ,he remind me off a young sudin

108. TripleX says:

That Geoff Molson saw fit not to throw out the status quo management group says a lot.  Usually if a new owner has a plan in opposition to the entrenched management group. he does a clean up and puts in his people.  That has yet to happen.  I think Mr. Molson is quite happy to be a mid level team that makes the playoffs.

109. Mark C says:

What current team within the playoff picture sold off assets today? I get what you are saying, and in theory I agree with a lot of it, but you are asking management to do something that no other teams do in any sport.

110. rogieshan says:

Anaheim getting a 3rd rounder and Joel Perrault for Lapierre is another example of Gauthier overpaying for guys while seemingly always getting less in return. Bryan Allen went to Carolina for Samonsov for crying out loud. We paid a 5th just to get Mara.

111. HabsTrueBlue says:

White was injured and has never really regained the form from training camp. I like his effort but his skating seems a bit sluggish to me. What’s wrong with returning him to the Dogs to get better.

“Never giving a young player a chance to prove himself” <– Latendresse and Price. Two young players who were given lots of time to prove themselves before playing more than a handful of AHL games. Pacioretty was first brought up after a couple months in the AHL. Subban is playing major minutes after one AHL season. When you toss in Pyatt and Eller, I fail to see the “Never” from your statement.

112. OneTimer says:

why would we trade a potential 2nd line center for a 3.7M back-up?

113. LA Loyalist says:

Eller for Halak. I hear he’s a great prospect. Tore up the toasted Danish league. We’d make that deal, wouldn’t we?

114. cunningdave says:

I would have liked to have seen a Price for Halak trade, straight-up.

Anyone?

115. Marvin says:

Don’t get it. Other than skating ability, Pyatt doesn’t have anything over White. I’ll take White’s aggressive style any day, thanks. Should be fun when Boston is back in town in a few days.

116. LA Loyalist says:

In a situation like Edmonton there is at least hope, you have pix and exciting kids.

Of course you need to manage that well, which not everyone does. But for us? Neither heaven nor hell, some endless waiting room like in some dopey existential novel.

No one wants to admit it, but our situation is not so different from Leafs. Sold out every night, no pressure on ownership to deliver a better product.

Are Molsons any different from The Teachers’ Pension Fund that owns the Leafs?

When do you think we’ll find out? Ever?

117. krob1000 says:

you know…I ahve been on about 4 trade sites all day and Eklund has ahd them up long before everyone else….perhaps on the live tv shows you guys are getting the info quicker..but on my comp here at work…Eklund has been the go to…sad as that may be.

118. Dunboyne Mike says:

Did you love Ryan Kesler last week? If that’s what you’re talking about I totally agree.

Cheers

119. yiwunyshus says:

A while back, Microsoft was hit which includes a patent infringement lawsuit as a result of undeniable fact that Steve Ballmer personally stole a bunch of resource code that somebody else had patented, and built that the core of their document program. (Near ample) Steve Ballmer filed an appeal with the Texas court which was apparently granted global authority to manage Microsoft (Thank you, President Obama,office Home And Business 2010 license!), declaring a little something that I did not read considering I dislike Steve Ballmer a lot he would make me prefer to vomit on his shoes .

Anyway, it does not make any difference what the appeal was, due to the fact it was denied! Ha ha! Consider that, Steve, you evil, bald bastard,microsoft windows 7 product key! This is a quote from an Ars Technica article about this. This stuff can make me weak while in the knees:

The US Court of Appeals has ordered Microsoft to drop assist for editing Customized XML in Phrase,discount win 7 x86, essentially stopping the company from offering current versions of 1 of its flagship items and affirming a $ 290 million patent infringement judgment from the software program large. The injunction , which goes into result on January 11,cheap win 7 generator key, 2010, not merely bars the sale of Term 2007, but also has an effect on all editions of Microsoft Workplace 2007, considering Phrase comes bundled with all of them.

Oh, guy, I think I have to have a cigarette. Workplace is Microsoft’s primary moneymaker, and now it is utterly and utterly destroyed. They will not manage to market any sort of Workplace ever before again! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Maintain on, Katherine’s telling me there’s much more text. I think Katherine will want to shut up as a result of I loathe her a lot, but – aww, crapcakes, there is certainly a lot more in the short article:

It’s not as negative since it looks, nevertheless. , meaning all copies of those products offered prior to this date (like Word 2003 and Phrase 2007) aren’t impacted. August 2009 and have set the wheels in motion to remove this little-used function from these goods. So, we assume to get copies of Microsoft Phrase 2007 and Office 2007, with this particular characteristic removed,office Professional upgrade key, on the market for US sale and distribution from the injunction date .

The injunction does not have to have modifications to Word 2010, slated for release in June 2010. This can be since the injunction,

What type of goddamn stupidity is this? Come on, Texas! You are meant to become the -eyed and being mentally handicapped; how could you get a person take a look at Steve Ballmer and consider he’s fit to stand for anything?

You lower me deep, Texas courts. You reduce me deep.

So this really is a minor hiccup for Microsoft? That’s more or less as lame as Eric Schmidt! Isn’t going to Microsoft should stand accountable for any of their terrible, evil organization practices? I guess Microsoft had to purchase many legal charges , that’s beneficial, but if you mix this together with the EU choosing not to great them any longer, Steve’s going to be getting very cocky, and we cannot have a very cocky Ballmer. It just would not do, and more than that, it’s going to be a mess for the complete goddamn entire world.

I’m calling on my huge readership to sue Steve Ballmer for some thing. I don’t treatment what, provided that it is going to allow it to be by means of a trial and make them damage. Who’ll enable me knock that bald bastard down a peg? I do know it’s tons to inquire, but when a person could ensure it is materialize, it will be like some kind of Christmas miracle.

Shalom!

120. yiwunyshus says:

The usual ��Technology Guarantee�� for Office 2010, the place recent purchasers of Workplace 2007 obtain a at no cost upgrade, is closing quickly.

To qualify you must invest in Workplace 2007, set up and activate it just before Thursday thirty September 2010

That’s not a lot of time if you should make it easy for time for you to track down and ship an Office 2007 version upgrade to you personally.

Conserve on Office 2010
    As we��ve mentioned ahead of,discount microsoft windows 7 64 bit, there��s a chance to conserve on selecting the premium Office 2010 bundles by getting a qualifying copy of Office 2007 model upgrade and invoking the Technological innovation Ensure.

This functions best with Workplace 2010 Pro where obtaining Workplace 2007,buy microsoft office 2010 Home And Student, Greatest, Experienced or Modest Online business upgrade bundles will qualify. As an example you may decide to buy Office 2007 Minor Company upgrade for US$232 and qualify for Workplace 2010 Pro as a substitute for paying out $409 or maybe more obtaining Workplace 2010 Experienced directly �C saving $177 for exactly the same software programs and licenses.

You would possibly should hunt all-around for copies of Office 2007 seeing that a number of merchants have cleared their shelves and place in Office 2010 bins as a substitute. Commonly talking the reputable over the internet retailers deliver the most beneficial costs.

Amazon.com has Workplace 2007 with their ��free super-saver shipping��. Office 2007 Small Online business upgrade pack is a lowest priced (retail total price $280,office Professional Plus 32 bit key, road $232) with Office 2007 Final upgrade for $320 (retail $540). It��s price checking all charges before ordering considering that there are usually pricing anomalies,office 2010 Home And Business key, for example the Skilled bundle costing greater than the Final edition.

For alot more specifics to the Office 2010 Solutions Assure consider our characteristic Conserving on Workplace 2010 by having Office 2007 now

Licences
    Office-Watch.com reader,microsoft windows 7 generator key, Bev asked in regards to the license you get using the Technological know-how Assure. ��I approach to buy the office 2007 upgrade and get the absolutely free download of 2010 Expert, but does that allow for me to put in 2010 on a lot more than 1 personal computer? ��

You happen to be changing like-for-like in terms of licenses – so once you obtain the retail Workplace 2010 Expert Technology Guarantee then it truly is 2 transferable licenses a single for any desktop and one particular for a portable machine. House and Student it’s 3 transferable licenses within the home. If you happen to purchased an OEM edition of Office 2007 with a new computer, then the single non-transferable license will apply.

121. yiwunyshus says:

Familiar Office dvd and startup wizard would make receiving started out painless; imports data from Microsoft Excel and Dough, and Intuit QuickBooks Seamless integration with Microsoft Workplace packages for higher efficiency and accuracy Instantly make quotes, gross sales orders, and consumer invoices while not transferring details between programs Permits you to easily record objects for using the web sales,buy office 2007 generator, obtain orders, and acquire payments in serious time Accountant Transfer Export Wizard permits you to easily share your company��s economical knowledge with your accountant .

Office Tiny Enterprise Accounting workplace 2007 will permit tiny establishments to successfully market their services to millions of customers, constructed attainable via eBay��s World wide web Services API. The forthcoming product will provide firms together with the capability to decide upon services from their stock,microsoft office 2010 pro key, list products, watch position of listings, and obtain transactions and costs �C all from in the accounting software package.

In contrast with microsoft workplace 2010 ,win 7 professional, you’ll be able to attain countless opportunity shoppers by selling your goods and services via the internet because of marketplaces like as eBay. (More subscription and fees may be required for this characteristic.) You’ll be able to conveniently listing things, verify listing standing, obtain orders, and acquire payments in authentic time. After an item sells, all transaction records, as well as commissions and charges, are downloaded directly into Workplace Accounting Skilled 2007, producing both accounting and order processing alot more successful on windows 7.

New options in Workplace Accounting Experienced 2007 also can show you how to get paid faster. Utilizing Outlook 2007,microsoft windows 7 professional serial, you may make an e-mail concept with an invoice that features an integrated PayPal opportunity. Purchasers simply just click the PayPal hyperlink within the invoice to shell out. Office Accounting Expert also offers a charge card processing possibility, a usefulness for ones people that also lowers your transaction expenditures like watching one tree hill dvd.

Workplace Minor Business Accounting 2007 will permit small-scale small businesses to simply market their products to millions of purchasers,microsoft office 2007 update key sale, built likely by eBay��s Internet Solutions API. The forthcoming solution gives organisations with all the capability to decide upon products and solutions from their stock, checklist objects, watch standing of listings, and obtain transactions and fees �C all from within the accounting computer software.at last,allow ��s like grey��s anatomy dvd.

122. TripleX says:

This management group is in a permanent state of constipation.  There is no movement.

Are we real contenders that only needs some final touches or a team in transition.  A team in contention makes deals to get stronger a team in transition sells off assets that don’t fit the long range plans.  Doing nothing  might be the safest move but it indicates lack of foresight and planning.

Geoff Molson needs to apply a generous amount of fiber to clean out the system.  Make a move or move on out.

123. Displaced says:

Good point.  I was just illustrating his inability to get good value back for player he trades.  As much as I like Eller, I don’t think we got good value for Halak or what we received from a package that included Halak.  I know— I know— I’m not an NHL GM and I don’t know what else he was offered… but this is my reality.

Whose leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

124. LA Loyalist says:

What deal would you have liked for Tinordi? You can’t leave us just hanging like that.

And for the record, I’m more interested in a Penner-type than him in particular, a PF with decent hands who goes to the net. Me and everyone else in the league :)

125. LA Loyalist says:

What bugs me is that we’re neither fish nor fowl.

We’d didn’t help ourselves for the playoffs, neither did we make any moves that would help down the road.

And we didn’t learn anything about Gauthier’s plan. Maybe he’ll come out at 5 pm and shrug like Trudeau and say there was no deal to be made at a ‘bon prix’. If he at least has the cojones to say that I’ll give him some respect.

If he says he likes the team we have, well, I’ll just leave the room and puke.

Should be interesting.

126. dallyd31 says:

So, was he just supposed to deal with the injuries and play with a depleated blueline ? So, bolstering our ravaged blueline with good dmen isn’t making our team better ?

To make our team “better” than it was with Markov and Gorges, as you suggest he should, that would mean getting 3 or 4 top talent players.  Just how do you propose he gets those ?  Give away Price and Subban perhaps ?

Dumb

127. joeybarrie says:

Are you saying Wiz and Sopel DONT better our team?
    What exactly did you want to see PG do?
    There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

128. TripleX says:

Washington picked up MORE offense and Montreal?

I have no problem with doing nothing if I could see some logical long term plan.  But what is this team?  What is the direction that PG wants to go?  Does he like this team as presently constructed or does he see some holes?

129. _Habsoloutly_ says:

He’s headed to big D for Richards!!  lol, one can dream can’t he?

130. darcy1 says:

whatever you’re on, i’d like some!

——————-
    ”If you’ve only got one day to live, come see the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’ll seem like forever. ” Pat Foley (Blackhawks broadcaster)

131. habitat says:

Wow, I am almost numb at this point. It strongly appears to me, that the rest of the league do not value our players whatsoever regarding a trade. Hence the reason for almost zero player trades, not withstanding draft picks.

I believe Wiz was a great pick up, I think Sopel was a decent addition as well. Mara? I am sort of this opinion, we do not have a team for strong cup run. I think we will make the playoffs, but it will be a challenge. I guess it is plausible to think PG stood pat, and did not mortgage the future giving away future draft picks. If so, I commend him.

Perhaps PG will attempt to pick up a free agent or two this summer, who really knows. My earnest hope is that PG re does the Gomez contract this summer or waive him. I believe that to be the Habs major sticking point.

132. observer says:

WIZ AND SOPEL WERE NOT PICKUPS! they were the reaction of gauthier to fill holes left by injuries! while other teams try to BETTER their teams.

133. Storm Man says:

Are you sure?

134. Hockey Socks says:

Except for Gregory Campbell.

135. Bred says:

So we get a 5th for Lapierre… the Canucks got a 3rd.

Yeah okay.

136. likehoy says:

we also got brett festerling.

- Gomez is holding down the “overpaid” button

137. observer says:

MINOR LEAGUE DEAL ONLY – MILWAUKEE — Chicago Wolves goaltender Drew MacIntyre earned his fifth straight win, turning away 29 shots in a 2-1 victory over the Milwaukee Admirals

138. Bryan says:

That MacIntyre guy looks decent.  He’s put up respectable numbers in the AHL.  With Mayer struggling, it’s a good idea to have some insurance.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

139. bjmmn says:

I was thinking the same thing…

140. king ddd says:

BLOCK BUSTER DEAL!!!

bret festerling for drew macityre. who the fak is festerling and who the fak is macintyre

** Buck Fruins **

141. observer says:

festerling? lapierre trade?

142. HUDSONHAB says:

I think Macintyre is a tough guy. Don’t quote me. lol.

….Hab4life….

143. SeriousFan09 says:

Habs deal D Brett Festerling for G Drew McIntyre.

Stats: 20GP, 12-5-1, 2.91 GAA and .906 save % with the Chicago Wolves this season. Drafted in the 4th round of the 2001 Entry Draft.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

144. Rage says:

ATL trades Drew McIntyre to MTL for Brett Festerling.

145. observer says:

just now burke talking about  the entire league says a lot of deals have been made still to be announced after cleared by league

146. TripleX says:

My hometown Flames acquire Fredrik Modin.

I thought he retired like 10 years ago.  ;)

147. likehoy says:

drew macintyre**

- Gomez is holding down the “overpaid” button

148. lenny says:

this blows….

149. Bryan says:

I realize this guy is 4th in the Habs depth chart on D.  I’m just saying for the Bulldogs’ sake, he’s an upgrade on Mayer.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

150. vaya_ says:

definitely pricey but i wouldn’t say it’s as steep as the kessel deal.

151. HabFanSince72 says:

So the Kings essentially paid for Penner what the Leafs paid for Phil Kessel.

152. Connecticut Man1 says:

Thanks… I usually get around to looking after the playoffs. :)

153. Hockey Socks says:

No, not many great prospects past the Top 10. “Weak class” based on not many sure-thing or can’t-miss kind of players.

154. Connecticut Man1 says:

A lot more draft picks going around for the few players moving. Is next year supposed to be a deep draft? (Yes, I am out of the loop on that stuff. lol)

155. HabFanSince72 says:

Is AK46 practicing?

156. king ddd says:

pyatt is JM’s baby no one will ever lay a hand on pyatt

** Buck Fruins **

157. shootdapuck says:

He’s not from Eastern Ontario, never attended JM Hockey School!

That’s all that’s important!

“I only like to watch and takes notes” JM

158. avatar_58 says:

What? Why? I thought he was doing well, better than Pyatt

159. sims says:

here comes the blockbuster!!!

160. darcy1 says:

“Told not to practice”… sure doesn’t sound sick.

——————-

161. Storm Man says:

He could have the flu.

162. coachdoug says:

PG must be making a move if he is waiting until 5pm to speak…heard the Pens are working some deals also…who knows?

163. LNev says:

Maybe he is good enough already?