Round 3, Game 1: Flyers crush Habs 6-0

Canadiens’ Jaroslav Halak looks back as Flyers’ Braydon Coburn scores during the first period Sunday night. Pierre Obendrauf, The Gazette

Preview | Matchups | Sunday’s NHL schedule | Boone’s Game Blog and About last night … | Stubbs on Twitter | Hickey’s game story | Philly.com sports

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Mike Cammalleri | Carey Price | Mike Richards | Daniel Brière

Coming off the high of a seven-game upset of the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Canadiens came up flat against the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final Sunday night, losing 6-0.

After the Canadiens failed to score on their opening power play, they quickly gave up a goal to the Flyers with the man advantage when Braydon Coburn pushed a loose puck behind Jaroslav Halak.

James Van Riemsdyk made it 2-0 early in the second period with a goal off a faceoff in the Canadiens zone and the rout was on.

A few minutes later, Daniel Brière made it 3-0 and Simon Gagné made it 4-0 with another power-play goal.

Scott Hartnell made it 5-0 in the third period with a shot over Carey Price’s shoulder. Price replaced Halak after Gagné goal in the second period. Claude Giroux then made it 6-0.

The Canadiens trail the best-of-seven series 1-0, with Game 2 scheduled for Tuesday night.

1. notbigbird says:

I’ve noticed elsewhere that you are witty and funny guy. Good work.

2. JIMVINNY says:

Now that’s just not nice.  Saskatoon has had that new-fangled television thing for a couple of months now.  It may be black and white, and maybe only one in ten households have one, but they still have it.  Pick on Regina or something.  Now THAT is a pitiful place.

3. deuce6 says:

Where was I bashing them?

I don’t want more of an effort from you..I really don’t give a crap about you..lol

Some effort from the Habs would be good, though..lol

————- “Winning is fun!” – Hal Gill

4. Bugs says:

Telegram to Saskatoon during last series: “Penguins powerplay STOP Shot by Crosby STOP Stop Halak STOP Shot by Malkin STOP Stop by Halak STOP Stop STOP Another stop STOP Great stop by Halak STOP Cleared by Moen STOP My arm hurts a little STOP Moen steps around Gonchar STOP Shot by Moen STOP Scores STOP My heart STOP My heart has stopped STOP Sweet Jesus someone call an ambulance STOP … STOP.”

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

5. HabFab says:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

6. chelios_24 says:

Since 1995 we’ve been burned by the habs so many times….no matter how great our momentum is..there is alawys a touch of reality that we need to keep in mind. We’re not an elite team. We haven’t been since a very long time and that’s the reality.

7. Habs4ever Fan says:

Hopefully our D defends Halak appropriately and we have OB on D clearing their players out from infront of the net.

Lets hope their our no key injuries resulting from blindsided hits from them.

8. blu3chip says:

I don’t like supporting my team blindly but I certainly won’t bash
    them whenever they are losing or having a bad game.

A loser fan
    like you don’t deserve more effort from me.

9. tricolortrue says:

I have 2 concerns.

1) philly’s physical presence will take out out our only 2 goal scorers- Cammalleri and Gionta.

2) Philly has a much more balanced offence and their players crash the net, which will distract Halak and maybe take him off his game.

Tho I would love to see the habs win, I’m thinking Philly in 6. Habs please prove me wrong.

so is this Philly team deeper or better than the 1 than beat us in 5 games 2 years ago?

I think so.

10. Danno says:

In the name of Halak, Cammalleri and the Holy Gauthier, amen.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

11. DONJUAN says:

LETS keep this rolling GO HABS GO!!!

In HABS we trust.

12. habsgod says:

Our Father, Who art in Montreal, Maurice Richard be thy name. 24 Cups
    won Odds overcome On the road, as it is at the Bell Centre. Lead us
    tonight Down the Path to 25. And forgive us of our penalties. As we
    score against those who fault against us. And lead us not into tee time
    But deliver us from Pittsburgh For Thine is the Cammellari’s, The
    Gionta’s and the Halaks, Forever and Ever, GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

I believe!!! Tonight, les glorieux will made more incredible history…

13. Clay4bc says:

OK, Lucic is NOT a goal scorer…his 2 goals in game 7 were just his 3rd and 4th at home ALL SEASON. As in he had 2 before that…and less and he would be lighting it up like Komisarek…

__________________________

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Francois Laignelot -

14. Danno says:

Not. The guy in the picture is way too handsome to be Hartnell.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

15. tricolortrue says:

well I don’t think that’s true. habs have 2 goal scorers- Cammalleri and Gionta. that’s only 2 players.

bruins had Bergeron, Ryder, Wheeler, Lucic, and Kreickji(till he got hurt). that’s 4 players.

this series is about goaltending because habs won’t score more than 2-3 goals/game.

16. tricolore says:

Hoping the boys come out strong in Phil tonight. Vive le tricolore! Go Habs Go!

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

17. deuce6 says:

Naw..It’s just some people can’t take reality too well..

————-
    “Winning is fun!” – Hal Gill

18. MontrealAtheist says:

Well, 4 goals on 13 shots does not speak too well for Halak though.

19. joeybarrie says:

I wanted the Bruins too. In the last 3 seasons we have done well against them. Except for a few games. But i wanted another chance to send them home. I love it when we do that. I hate the Flyers too. I just wanted them out. But we do get a chance for redemption for 2 seasons ago.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

20. deuce6 says:

Yeah, pretty much getting embarrassed..Or embarrassing ourselves..lol

That bandwagon just came to a crashing halt..Stupid penalties and not a will to play tough is killing us..Sooner or later depending on your goalie to stop everything is gonna come back and hurt you..The team in front of our goalie is doing nothing but shooting themselves in the foot..Terrible showing..

————- “Winning is fun!” – Hal Gill

21. Corio says:

Anything can happen boys, let’s go!

22. joeybarrie says:

only hit the button once. WEIRD. Sorry

23. Brian14 says:

Scott Hartnell is already looking past the Canadiens.

24. otter649 says:

We’ll soon find out how good a goalie Leighton is cause The Habs have more

goal scorers than The Bruins did………

Whoa Baby – What’s Going On In Pennsylvania…..(Bob Cole)

25. FeverBoy says:

i was thinking the exact same thing before, Normal 0 false false EN-US, exactly, thats the key to the habs winning. :)

26. chelios_24 says:

Isn’t that something that should be banned….

27. joeybarrie says:

go habs go

28. CharlottetownHabbies says:

I hope the Flyers prep the way that Phillysports.com “series breakdown” writer did.  Focusing on the importance of Hal Gill, the emergance of PK and how valuable and noteworthy Hamrlik’s been……

29. J Haul says:

This is pathetic. Can’t string together more than 1 pass at a time. Tons of shots from the outside. Not dangerous at all. Talk about annoying.

Hey Sargent, you just might be getting a NHL franchise back into Manitoba closer to your base. Don’t forget tickets for me when Habs are in town.,,,,,

Birth of a Team

31. Hobie Hansen says:

It all comes down to the quality of shots the Flyers are
    given. If Montreal can manage to contain Philadelphia’s  forwards from storming the net over and over
    they will come out on top. If Richards, Hartnell and others are allowed to
    crash the net all night things won’t be so good.

I think our forwards can snipe plenty of goals past Leighton
    as well.

32. deuce6 says:

LOL..Truth hurt much? Nice post, loser..

————- “Winning is fun!” – Hal Gill

33. nightmare_49 says:

Hab’s Prospect:  Mac Bennett / Cedar Rapids Ryders …..  Get to know him on Q & A video

In 53 games he had 9 goals and 24 points and was a +17.

He will be going to Michegan in 2010.

Gabriel Dumont: Reaching his Goals ……..  by Rick Springhetti McKeen’s Hockey Prospects Staff ………..    http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1079275

34. MontrealAtheist says:

The Habs are lucky it’s only 3-0.”

Not too fast … lol

35. sholi2000.com says:

I wanted to play the Bruins for the rivalry.

Plus I just down right hate the Flyers.

Beat these losers.

They Call Me Shane

36. chelios_24 says:

It’s not Halak’s fault.  We are finally playing a team that is well coached..has great defense and most of all..plays as a unit. The Penquins and Capitals…were not.

I like how the Flyers fans are mocking us with Ole Ole Ole..

LOL

37. chelios_24 says:

This is embarassing.

38. chelios_24 says:

Yeah..I was worried about finally playing a team that is built for the Playoffs. Capitals and Penquins both had terrible defense and pride themselves on individual talented players. The Flyers are a real team.

Reality has kicked in.  We are still a small team… Right now…I wish Chelios was still on the team to take out  Briere like he did Propp.

LOL

The Habs are lucky it’s only 3-0.

39. deuce6 says:

If they aren’t gonna show up, then just give the series to PHI..Grow some freaking balls, Habs..We play a physical team and decide to roll over..Who said this team isn’t intimidated? Gorges..BS..

————-
    “Winning is fun!” – Hal Gill

40. Sampam says:

Well, I can’t say I’m normally a Habs fan, except when they are trouncing the Leafs LOL,  but ya gotta luv this team.   It was a good ride for us a couple of years ago before losing in game 7.   I see a lot of parallels in the Canadiens cup run.

I just want to say good luck: believe in your team and support them all the way to the Cup.  There’s at least some redneck Albertans cheering for you guys!

BTW: Perry Pearns is a consistent winner and an excellent coach.  You guys are fortunate to have him on the coaching staff.

- Oiler at heart

41. blu3chip says:

stfu.

Thank you.

42. MontrealAtheist says:

4-0 … This is getting really ugly and Halak is having one of his “off” days … Our whole team looks tired and somewhat clueless, I thought the Flyers were the ones who were supposed to be tired …

Finally, Price coming him … JM should have switched goalies after the 3rd goal already.

43. Shublips says:

Oh man, this is going to be an awesome series. I have some fear when it comes to the Flyer’s size and brutishness, but I still think the Habs can pull it off. Their speed and skill should cause the Flyers to take a lot of penalties.

I think the Habs will either win in 5 games or in 7.

4 hours to game time!

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

44. KenD29 says:

Yes, thanks for pointing out my error.

Caps won 3 straight and then, well we all know the end result!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

45. deuce6 says:

We won game 1 in WASH..

————- “Winning is fun!” – Hal Gill

46. MontrealAtheist says:

The site has been poorly programmed … It’s not that difficult to prevent double-posts like that.

47. soperman says:

Canadiens head coach Jacques Martin shares a laugh with Brian Gionta, Scott Gomez and Michael Cammalleri (hidden) ….”

No wonder the other teams can’t find him on the ice, he can even hide behind Scott Gomez.”

“Pusie possessed a wickedly wild shot, so inaccurate that he could not hit the province of Quebec if he was standing inside the Montreal Forum.” Dick Beddoes

48. joeybarrie says:

The thing about this team, to me, is that given a series against one particular team we can beat them. Our coach is pretty smart. Our players can play a particular style against a team and consistently do what it takes to beat them. When we played during the regular season we had to deal with different teams with different styles. Once we figure a way to play against the Flyers, we can beat them.

Our guys are gonna do this. STARTING WITH TONIGHT.

SUNDAY NIGHTS A GREAT NIGHT FOR FIGHTING.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

49. chelios_24 says:

why am I double posting. This is annoying. I guess I have no choice but to watch Desperate Housewives.

LOL

from a desperate Habs fan.

50. Bugs says:

Hal Gill and Chris Pronger exchange fightin words in the Underdog Royale.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

51. WatchMojo says:

Hopefully this will just introduce reality to those who thought this series would be easier/easy.

But – this is a repeat of the first game against the Pens:

- lack of discipline

- opposing team using size

- Halak not playing out of this world but not exactly any of it being his fault.

We just need to adjust and show discipline.  As the cliche goes: let’s aim to come back to Montreal the way we did after Game 2 of the last series.

And people, either get on the bandwagon and stay on it or don’t bother getting on at all!

Go Habs Go.

Shoeshine Boy knows better than that.

53. chelios_24 says:

but the Caps and Penquins play no system open ice hockey. They also have no defense.

Mulva?

55. chelios_24 says:

56. Slovak says:

Current HABS team STOP can be stopped STOP only by Halak STOP

57. chelios_24 says:

Somebody needs to do something to change things. We need something. We’re not going to win this game so it’s an opportunity to do something to show the Flyers that we’re here… They’re sleep walking and it’s so pissing me off.  We need a Nilan type momentu shift.

Someone better run at their goalie..and start something. This is how you do it in the playoffs. Enough with the choir boys routine.

58. Danno says:

Well, for one thing it rhymes with…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

59. WAR72 says:

just like the caps..just like the pens…habs can do this!

7 game series…lotsa hockey ahead…i had an open mind concerning the habs in this years playoffs…

i never made any predictions, i enjoyed the hockey and what was, was.

i will continue to not predict.

but taking game one would be gi-normous.

go habs go!!!

60. blu3chip says:

awww, you dont give a crap about me, I’m so hurt…  awwwww

on 99

61. Bugs says:

I heard Regina still deals in wooden nickels. Is that true?

Superfluously redundant, I remain

62. Dunboyne Mike says:

(Glad you’re still posting! You need to locate that guy and pull the thorn from his foot!).

63. habsgod says:

WHAT’S WRONG WITH REGINA? i’m from regina

64. Dunboyne Mike says:

TCT, I share your concerns. In the first two series we evolved into a team that could contain finesse and capitalise (Hah!) on our opportunities. Can we adapt as readily to crash-and-bash?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we do. The collective will, self-belief and spirit of these guys is pretty incredible.

And in relation to the two areas you mention, there is surely hope in:

1) that Philly are likely to suffer from fatigue before taking out any smurfs (cuz they’re hard to catch)

2) If crashing Halak leads to penalties, our PP may force Philly to alter strategy

Which leads to what for me is the big question: what can we expect from the officiating and how significant a factor will it be?

What do you think?

65. MontrealAtheist says:

Against the Caps they won game #1 although they lost the next 3.

66. KenD29 says:

People… gee they  have a bad game and everyone is jumping off the bandwagon and all over them. This is only Game #1, with a full period to go. They lost Game # 1 against both Caps and Pens and in the end, who is still playing!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

67. Eliisa says:

HA-LAK! NOT HAV-LAK. Please! Especially if he is your “hero”. It’s just a matter of respect.

68. Frank2468 says:

Well what can you say about tonights effort, it wasn’t there for some reason.  They couldn’t execute at all, but if they had to lose tonight on the bright side getting thumped the way they did is better than playing awful and losing a squeaker.  By losing this way they realize they have some work to do and fix it before Tuesday.  If they lost in O.T or a squeaker they could think well we could have won and we didn’t really play that bad.  This is a good wakeup call for the guys in red.  What really bugs me is Briere scoring goals against us, he turns down a good contract to play with Philly, guess he can’t take the heat of playing in Montreal.  I wish someone would run this SOB right through the end boards, can’t stand him every time I see his face or hear his name it makes my skin crawl.  I could understand if Montreal didn’t offer him as good or better contract then Philly, but they did and to think he grew up idolizing this team and he turns his back on them what a gutless wonder.  Sorry people for ranting but thinking of Briere does that to me.  The TRAITOR Benedick BRIERE plays for Philly.

69. Rainrocket16 says:

He is overpaid and he isn’t as good as Cammy or Pleks, well maybe tongiht he was but, we are way better off without him. Crosby is kinda that way with me, grew up a habs fan and look how he acted last week against us. We have the team right now to win, just gotta play like we want it.

70. A. Berke says:

IMHO, go ahead and change it right away please, after all we don’t want to jinx it do we?

Ali B.

71. Bash says:

As many have said we did not compete…to get past Philly we willl have to take some hits and come back for more. We will also have to initiate. But that’s easy to say on Monday morning.

Certainly we need to get a little bigger. And so O’Byrne is in and MAB needs a rest. I would leave Benny in and perhaps give him a shot (a full period?) on one of the top lines. He has not played to potential but  he adds size and this may be his moment.

Then we play Moen, Moore, Laps against Hartnell’s line.

The key to Pronger is to take the puck to him…he will take a penalty against speed and he gets slower the more minutes he plays.

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

72. BJ says:

Habs playing possum? Here is the definition:

Apparent death is an antipredator adaptation.

Many animals, such as sharksbeetlessnakes and the Virginia opossum, are capable of appearing to be dead to an observer, while otherwise alive. This could either be a reflex action, as in tonic immobility, or a defense mechanism for avoiding predators, as in thanatosis, which is probably adaptive, or “playing possum“, which is more instinctive. Such actions often prove beneficial in the natural environment but, in the modern world of human intervention, can also be fatal.

Or perhaps a decoy. We’ll find out in game two.

73. Aaron13 says:

Martin should have pulled Halak after the third goal, but the Master Planner was slow on the uptake. Halak simply didn’t have it tonight.

Did you notice that Laviolette called a timeout during second period and actually spoke to his players? So much for your theory that head coaches don’t talk to players. Martin is not a communicator. His comment to  Versus during the game was that ‘…we have to let the puck do the work’. Work (force times displacement)requires effort, which was absent tonight.

In that last two series, we “hugged the enemy” – winning by depriving them of space and time. Tonight, we saw saw men playing boys. If we don’t use this tactic, we’ll be swiftly be swept off the table.

74. The Cat says:

I got to agree with you. Muller seems to be the one communicating behind the bench during timeouts.

75. G-Man says:

I think JM can coach. By your Monday morning quarterbacking, it’s obvious you think he can’t. He’s brought the team to the conference final. He’s done great. Last night was 1 game. JM and company will adjust.

Your “Master Planner” comment displays ignorance and lack of respect. So, pfffffft! to you.

76. Bill J says:

Maybe you do not hate Price, but you sure POOP on him and back it up with lies lies & more lies.

Get a life, maybe buy a new prescription for your eyes (so you can see more clearly, who is playing and who is not) & to see the stats that show that not only has Price won a series, he also got 2 shutouts against the Bruins in that series.

RE your implication: “Oh look at me getting picked on by everyone”

NO – we are sick and tired of this debate, and when a dolt comes on here and fabricates his own realities, well it does not sit well with posters.

If your too clueless to realize this after 24-36 hours of ridicule vis-a-vis your posts, you deserve ALL the crap replies you get.

FFS – ENJOY THE PLAYOFFS!

77. MontrealAtheist says:

Did you notice that Laviolette called a timeout during second period and actually spoke to his players?”

He called one, too, against Boston when they were behind 0-3 and afterwards their team pulled off that historic comeback. Looks like JM could learn a thing or two from Laviolette.

Not only did Philly outplay us badly last night, we also got outcoached.

78. MontrealAtheist says:

My point is that it is absurd to always give credit to Gainey when we win (as done by a lot of people here after eliminating the Caps and Pens) but conveniently be silent about him when we get crushed like this.

As you said, he was not on the ice wearing his #23, so maybe he was not the driving force behind those wins either.

Food for thought.

79. Aaron13 says:

He’ll earn respect when certain veteran players stop rolling their eyes and turning away when he does talk. Martin always preferred nifty to grinding. Pouliot is nothing more than an AHL journeyman who’s afraid of being hit, MAB is a liability except for his point shot, Plekanec is weak in the corners who is also being afraid of being hit and has not been an impact player this playoff year – certainly not worth $6M. You need to hone your observational skills.

80. Habs4ever Fan says:

JM knew we had lost the game when he put Carey Price in nets

It was time for Carey after Halak failed to make some key saves. Halak…..we still love you!

Bottom line is our players don’t play well in front of Carey Price and if you watch closely, they stopped playing after Carey went in. (argueably they stopped playing after the score was 3-0).

Dumb penalties killed the habs last night.

Poor execution of any game plan killed the habs last night.

We had so few quality shots on Leighton, I can hardly remember them.

The habs have now seen the Flyers at their best and now is the time for the Flyers to see the Habs at their best.

Back to your warm seat Carey, thanks but we wont need you for the rest of this series

MAB, stay in Montreal….you really are too small and have no talent

PK, you’ve played great but last night I think you forgot the game plan.

The rest of the boys…prepare to take on some bruises as you overcome this poor outing and come back to take on these broadstreet bullies!

81. MontrealAtheist says:

Yeah, they probably want to show those Flyers that they, too, can come back from a 0-3 in the series.

82. Bill J says:

“our players don’t play well in front of Carey Price and if you watch
    closely”

You seriously need to get a new prescription for your eyes.  Because those 4 goals scored against Halak, the team was NOT playing in front of him EITHER.

83. Habs4ever Fan says:

Well put!!!

for MAB, I was thinking of a 2 month rest…what were you thinking?

84. terrygain says:

Ryan O”B is not going to be “the difference” in this series: Chris Pronger he ain’t — he is sitting because makes dreadful defensive play regularly.

20 is plus/minus 0 in 10 playoff games.  47 is minus 11 in 15 games.  You have dreadful judgment.

85. Bash says:

Depends on who signs for him for next season…. :)

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

86. Fansincebirth says:

Good Lord, give it up…..go cry your Price vs Halak song somewhere else.

Our guys were never in this game, period. They didn’t stop playing in front of Price, they didn’t give up because they didn’t start to play.

87. terrygain says:

You think Martin is going to abandon the system he’s imposed all year? Playing  a soft trap with all that speed is to waste it. We need to get on them in their own end and force turnovers.  We need to abandon Martin’s system.

88. terrygain says:

No. This was Martin’s fault. When we win it’s Martin’s fault we didn’t win by a bigger margin.

89. terrygain says:

Without Markov we need MAB for the PP. He can play on the 4th line. Giving 47 a regular shift on D while sitting 20 is a serious indictment of Martin’s competence.

90. KenD29 says:

Good lord… the team was not there the “entire” game! Price has been on the bench for the majority of the playoffs. Come sin when Halak has had a “stinker” and by that point, the game is out of reach anyway!

Sure Subban did not play well last night. But he was “NOT” the only one. The ENTIRE team took the night off. Gomez, bad penalties, no goals scored, no D clearing out th Flyers from the crease, Halak sub par performance.

Again, a total TEAM let down!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

91. KenD29 says:

Peter… Bang On !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

92. sholi2000.com says:

This member has a serious hate on for Carey Price.  Yesterday he made himself look like an entire donkey’s butt going on about Price.

These damn Toronto Maple Leaf fans should stick to their own sites, lol.

They Call Me Shane

93. sholi2000.com says:

lol

They Call Me Shane

94. habsguy says:

do you get the feeling that nobody here cares what you say,  nobody here likes you,  everyone here wishes you would go away…….Well for once you are RIGHT!!!!!!!

95. sholi2000.com says:

HE writes-

Carey Price has never won one series for the Habs. Halak has.

Again you proved you know nothing about hockey, and the Canadiens history.  How old are you?  I am guessing early 20’s to maybe 14.  Proof is in the writing.

They Call Me Shane

96. Habs4ever Fan says:

Do I hate Price? I dont hate anyone except for people here who feel the need to crap on anyone who doesnt swim upstream the same way they do.

Carey Price has never won one series for the Habs. Halak has.

Carey Price rarely makes the key saves when you need really most need him to. Halak does.

With this said. We lost yesterday because our goaltending was far from stellar AND the rest of the team didn’t execute.

97. Habs4ever Fan says:

Hi Habsguy

If no one cares what I have to say then why comment on what I have to say?<b><b>

Canadiens are winning 3-2 in a key playoff game and the other team is on a two on one. Who do you want to see in nets? <b><b>

If you answered Price….or no difference….you’re in denial

98. Laramy87 says:

MAB has one power play goal this playoffs, do we still need him in the lineup. His defence play was poor and his giveaways were brutual. I would MUCH rahter have OB in there.

Game two will be different, there is no way Habs will come out like this in game two. It feels like the extneded break they had caught up with them, and the emotion high of the flyers after thier game 7 win was used to thier advantage. They will come crashing down when habs win, and that will be pretty much it for the Flyers.

On a side note I HATE HATE HATE HATE flyer fans

99. habsguy says:

Halak for sure !!!!!!!…..but everyone here is sick of your one man crusade against Price,  talk about something positive for a change and nobody will give you a hard time!!!!

100. PeterStone says:

I dont understand why this deabte is still ongoing … nonetheless, Price has won a series for the Canadiens.  He beat the bruins 2 seasons ago.

101. Habs4ever Fan says:

Love the way the habs have played (except last night)

102. Habs4ever Fan says:

Love the way the habs have played (except last night)

Please read my original post! Canadiens can beat this team!

103. barriesc says:

Why even give this dude the time of day?  Damn……

104. NightRyder says:

Looked like a team that was entirely satisfied with itself after pulling two upsets.

Hopefully getting the underdog status back in short order will help everyone row in the same direction.

105. ThirtyThree says:

HABS just wanted to secure their position as “underdog”. Now that that’s done, they can play their game. HALAK’S gonna come back strong like bull.

106. W35T5ID3 says:

WE GOT ‘EM RIGHT WHERE WE WANT ‘EM…..ITS ALL A PART OF THE MASTER PLAN.

107. deuce6 says:

Is Pronger hurt?

He left the game and never returned..It could have been a simple “rest him up”, but I beg to differ..It was reported that he wasn’t even in the room when the team left the ice..

Moen got his elbow/stick up into the rib area and he left and didn’t come back..Remember when he played for STL and took that slapshot to the chest and had a heart attack on the ice? Could it have reoccured? Hope not, humanly, but it would be great if he was out of the series..It would even up the playing field..

108. pablojinko says:

Man, you need to bash on Price in order to support your argument on Halak?

You really know nothing about hockey

Halak is the guy so far, he’s been simply AMAZING… is he going to play in a superhuman way forever? No, last night proved it.

He is a guy on extremes, when on the zone, he’s unbeatable, but when he’s not in one of his days he can really look bad out there.

That been said, in my opinion, the team needs to keep both goalies for at least one more season. Price has learned more this season than the other three together, but still has to improve. And Halak still hasn’t proved that he can carry the whole workload of the team.

As Seen In Montreal

109. wotever says:

Up 6-0, there’s no reason to bring him back no matter what the problem was, but I thought the chronology was that he got a stick in the face AFTER the Moen play on the boards?

You’ll have to speak up – I’m wearing a towel.

110. deuce6 says:

I heard one of the announcers say he took Moen’s stick/elbow to the rib area?

111. duckdoc73 says:

All night long we kept backing up, especially when they crossed our blueline. We generate offense out of counterattacks; we don’t have a buildup kind of offense. Our forwards need to pick them up in their own zone and create scoring chances off their giveaways. Bet JM and the coaching staff will have the right strategy to get the most out of our skating speed and our quick hands.

112. MontrealAtheist says:

Since Bob Gainey always seems to get the credit whenever we win, are we allowed to blame him now that we got hammered 6-0 by Philly?

113. Habs4ever Fan says:

repost

114. gp52 says:

This is good because it will calm down alot of people who thought this series would be a cake walk

115. mike g says:

Is there anyone else here who just wants to melt a sledgehammer onto Danny Briere’s face?

Man, I can’t believe a little “ufck” like him is the player I hate the most in the league.

Does he always have to go on one knee and touch the ice every time he scores? I’d just like to slash his teeth while he’s doing that, make sure he has some class when he scores next time….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

116. Johnny_Offensive says:

That’ll really make Ovechkin and Crosby scratch their heads.

117. mike g says:

nope.

blame Sergei. For sure he went out partying last night, got into a bar-fight, and that’s what ruined the team chemistry….

lol.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

118. VancouverHab says:

Guys, guys — we lost a game. The Pens were down 4-0 early to us Game 7 after a penalty decision went our way & a PP goal went in. Those things happen in a game. That doesn’t mean the Pens are a hopeless bunch of crap artists.

Ryan O”B is not going to be “the difference” in this series: Chris Pronger he ain’t — he is sitting because makes dreadful defensive play regularly. We are missing Markov & so have to work with a depleted defense corps.

Why so negative?

119. habs001 says:

pouliot 1 goal in last 29 games…darche cannot score at this level..plecks passer cannot be relied to score goals..gomes passer cannot score ..ak46  after hat trick no goals in 14 games…pyatt cannot score…moen cannot score regularly..moore cannot score regularly…lapps cannot score regularly…metro streak scorer on pp ..camm and gion are our only real scorers …this is why this team is still a 500 team and we should enjoy the incredible wins vs pitt and wash

120. MontrealAtheist says:

It’s interesting that you mention the Pens … Yes, they were down 4-0 but they pulled themselves together and got back into the game whereas our guys simply collapsed, showed no interest in competing and consequently lost the game 6-0.

It seems to me we could learn a thing or two from the Penguins on how to handle a 0-4.

121. Rainrocket16 says:

I think the sole reason we lost tonight is the fact that we lossed almost all the battles along the boards and corners, we will not win anything that way.

122. kempie says:

OMG you’re kidding?

My condolences to his family & friends.

123. emann_222 says:

Couldn’t agree more … This was never going to be a cakewalk – and anyone who thought we had a free pass just cause we took out “The President Trophy Winners and the Defending Stanley Cup Champions” was foolish.

This team plays strong North South hockey with big players and a ton of grit.

We CAN beat them … and if we show up to play (unlike tonight) … We WILL beat them.

We’ve been here after every game one in the playoffs so far – this is no exception. Learn from the mistakes … make changes… but next time – – SHOW UP AND PLAY.

I BELIEVE – Go Habs Go!

124. SPATS says:

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

We won’t get shutout again, and they won’t get 4 past Halak again. We’ll meet em in the middle and I like our chances to prevail

125. Curtis O Habs says:

Gomez needs to finish on a scoring chance.  Marc Andre Bergeron needs to hold the zone on the power play.  Travis Moen needs some time on the power play.  Ryan O`Byrne needs to dress.  P.K. Subban needs some shifts up front with Gomez and Gionta.  Pooliot needs to sit.  SK74 needs to dress.

126. A. Berke says:

I didn’t see him on the ice wearing his #23.

BTW, Gainey has and knows more hockey in the nail of his pinky finger than you’ll know all of your life, yet you seem to be hellbent and inane enough to throw mud at him in every thread. One would wonder what is exactly your point? Trying to prove that you know better or something? If you do know better, please do not hesitate to share with the rest of us.

Ali B.

127. Rainrocket16 says:

If we lose the next game in such a manner as this one…I might have to change my avatar!

128. CaliforniaHabsFan says:

Tough loss. Not surprising actually. Habs are so used to being “on the brink” or significant underdogs…

Now it’s time to see what the Habs are made of.

I, for one, am not ready to shave just yet…

129. ari says:

Screw you,Boston

130. Y says:

Looks like the sweep is in full effect

131. Habs4ever Fan says:

Penalties Killed the Habs tonight

0-1

We’re in for a long series

Flyers….should get these wins out of their system

Don’t look for them to win 5 in a row. We’ll get them next game

GO HABS GO

132. Habs4ever Fan says:

You can blame bad breaks and undisplined dumb penalties

Our D core looked terrible

Subban’s worst game of the playoffs

MAB……Why JM Why? Put in OB….MAB is good for %*@#@

133. Laramy87 says:

No one cared tonight, no heart, no desire, no will, no compete.

Have to change something for game 2. I can gaurantee this will not happen in game 2. Habs will respond

134. slapshot777 says:

If this don’t wake them up nothing will. Played like they are happy just to be here. It’s only game 1 I know JM and Kirk will make adjustments. the passing was just horrible. If I had to rate scoring chances tonight the Habs would only get 2, Gomez and Cammaleri. I really can’t see any more.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

135. Storm Man says:

Oh well that was a spanking, I hope that we don’t see MAB in next game and OB is in. I see no need to finger point it was a beating and hope the team comes out hard in game 2.

136. The Kid says:

uh, they only need to win 4….. but hopefully our boys won’t let that happen.

137. chelios_24 says:

The habs showed us no reason to have hope for the next games. Nothing! Completely out classed in all areas.

138. bostonantifan says:

It’d be nice to see O’Byrne in for the rest of the series. Admittedly, he won’t turn the series around, but at least he has the ability to, and is willing to hit someone! With all the small players this team has, and all the hitters the Flyers have, the Habs have to play their biggest defenseman. I know Bergeron has a great point shot, but did you notice the pass from behind his own net to the Flyer right in the slot? You can’t afford to have someone like him on the blueline.

139. Habs4ever Fan says:

Sorry Dont look for Flyers to win 6 in a row

140. 23 HABS 23 says:

If the HABS play scared like they did tonight … it is going to be a repeat of the 2nd round ousting by Philly in the 2008 – 2009 playoffs!  Really wish the series was against Boston … but JM has to get these guys up for game 2 and come out guns a blazin’ against these Flyers!  I am not panicking yet … but I am concerned.  Lots of time to make this a victorious series … maybe the HABS needed this a$$ kicking to wake them up and realize that this is going to be a hard fought series.  Let’s go HABS … so close now … Don’t let it slip away!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

141. MontrealAtheist says:

What if the Habs showed up for game #1 of the conference finals? … History will be made

142. Habs4ever Fan says:

I truly hope he enjoyrs the rest of his career in Europe where his size and lack of ability will do him fine.

He is good for one thing…the PP shot and the guy has been having a hard time keeping the puck in the zone let alone shooting on net

143. Y says:

I’ll give them up to game 2.

If they can recover from this anihilation, then we are good, if not, the bubble has burst and it’s back to insulting the players, gainey, youppi, and each other.

144. habsguy says:

still being the complete “team guy” I see!!!!…

145. dre1744 says:

Wow that game was no fun too watch. I hope the boys right the ship next game and play like we all know they can or this could become a short series.

I still Believe……. I know halak will come back with an outstanding performance next game. We just have to get the flyers to start peppering shots at us cause we don’t fair well when we limit the opponents shots.

146. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

REFS were pathetic…so were the Habs…. and especially JMartin.  He needs to dish-out the tough medicine, its time for BERGERON and METRO or POULIT to SIT…. insert OBRYNE and KOSTYjr.

Bergerons play is unacceptable, totally, and the blatant minor league giveaway was unreal for a team in the 3rd round…he should have been nailed to the bench after that, instead Martin is pushing big minutes on him after that play!… as well, SUBBAN better wake up because he is starting to play scared, like he overacheived, he also made multiple errors consitently througout the game.

and to repeat…I really hope those REFS watch the tapes, GOMEZ was not a slash, PYATT’s call was laughable, SPACEK was a collision and they missed the initial punch by BRIERE after kosty hit…total REF B.S. again…

JM better wake up, what small minded strategy to go with the same lineup against PITTS?, this is NOT PITTS!, this is the ROUGH FLYERS, GET OBRYNE IN THEIR ….UNREAL.

147. SeriousFan09 says:

O’Byrne in for Game 2, no excuses JM, use a defencemen who can HIT. We didn’t start turning the WSH series around until OB got back into the lineup and started giving us some physical power from the blue line.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

148. ABHabsfan says:

I you are going to lay a stinker, I guess game 1 is a good time to do it. Lots of guys were off their game and I am sure it will come around by Tuesday. You can’t play that bad 2 games in a row, at least I hope you can’t.

149. Fansincebirth says:

Quite simply, the score reflected how we played.

I feel about the same as I did after game 5 of the Pittsburgh series, totally indifferent.

We played like crap and they didn`t play a whole lot better.

On to game two!

Gill is hurting and we have to bring O`B into this game….

150. deuce6 says:

I just think they came into this series thinking they were the better team and looked passed the Flyers..There was no competition in their game tonight and before you knew it, it was out of reach..I hope we can expect them to take the foot off the gas for the next one and slow down to think about where they currently are instead of looking to the future or down to the end of the tunnel..

The finals seem so close, but after what we witnessed tonight, it kinda puts a sense of how far it is away..

151. TPlow says:

I blame Gary Bettman. He obviously told the Habs the series starts tomorrow ….

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ “Put your hand on the record player and say, ‘I’m gonna get my freedom!'” — King’s X

152. Xtrahabsfan says:

Yeppers,MAB’s job is too shoot da puck and he’s not letting her go (It’s  a Laraque not fighting scenario) so bring on Brutis O’bRYNE….

153. chelios_24 says:

6-0 and there is nobody doing something to change things. Nobody doing anything! Prepare the next game…Anything to show we have a pulse.

154. chelios_24 says:

155. Habs4ever Fan says:

You can’t blame Carey Price for those last 2 goals. They had no right shooting the puck at him when he was on his knees and the puck was 15 feet out

156. Johnny_Offensive says:

Pretty sure they meant 4 vs Boston, then game 1 AND 2. That’s 6 games in a row for those counting from home.

157. arrow says:

Well Game #1 is not ours! We need to step up our game for the next one. We have to come out and play with HEART, the team looks like they don’t care enough tonite!

I STILL BELIEVE!!

GO HABS GO!

158. Olay Olay Olay says:

The definition of insanity is to repeat something over and over again and expect a different outcome, by the actions of our team tonight, they should all be committed.

159. MontrealAtheist says:

OK, so we can’t blame Halak for his 4 goals and we can’t blame Price for the 2 that he let in … Whom can we blame for this 0-6 then? Bob Gainey?

@Kevin: Good job in updating the scoreline in the title after every goal … They sure are keeping you busy, eh?

160. ari says:

a little girl is back

161. Habs4ever Fan says:

You got it Pontiac!

I would have loved our first round pick to have turned out to be a superstar. Many other of the other first round picks that year turned out to be really solid.

Halak had it last year and the year before.

162. K-hab25 says:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with your opinions about Carey, I just respect your honesty.

163. slapshot777 says:

I know what you are saying guys, I hope that Halak continues his great play well into the future, but whether Carey plays here or somewhere else I think he is going to be a dominant goalie in time. I just rather it be here with the Habs than somewhere else.

In the meantime sign both goalies moving forward, and as they say the rest will work itself out. It always does. For now let’s just enjoy the Habs and their great play by the WHOLE team. I want to us to win move into the next round.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

164. Bill J says:

Made me laugh when he assumed you where on-board with his opinion of Price.

Exhibit A) The player pictured in your avatar.

Exhibit B)

K-hab25

Favourite player (current): Price-Cammy-Gio

Favourite player (all time): Roy-Carbonneau-Gainey

I still think though saying he had integrity when posting a flame of a post if I ever seen one, is debatable. lol

165. MTLForever says:

lets remind ourselves that Price doesnt even have a bad save percentage or anything of that nature, just didnt get the wins. we didnt score enough in front of him. so stop bashing price when he is still a great goalie.

166. Habs4ever Fan says:

oops you’re right it was Huet in the clean up

167. slapshot777 says:

Agree 100%. With all that the Habs have done and are doing. There are still people who must get their shot in at Carey Price. He sits on the bench and that is still not good enough. Where would you like him to stay in the dressing room. In my mind Price seems to have come a long way according to the pundits over these playoffs. After every game if you notice Carey is right there to congradulate Halak and the rest of his teammates with a big smile and high fiving everyone.

He hasn’t complained to anyone that he is not started. He in fact has been the one who gave SK74 a piece of advice about his whinning and his work ethic in practice.

Price WILL in the near future be the starting goalie for the Habs and he will be doing the same thing that we are witnessing now. These same people who are constantly b!tching and complaining about him now will be kissing his a$$ down the road. Just wait and see time will tell.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

168. Habs4ever Fan says:

Wow, that must been we are going to make a trade involving our current #1 clutch goalie Halak?

Look for a big trade between end of this year and March 2011 and it won’t involve Halak

169. Clay4bc says:

Your post is great, except for one thing…you unequivocally state that Price will soon be the #1 goalie for the Habs. How did you come to this conclusion? Has Halak done anything to show that he is going to give up the position that is rightfully his? Or will it just be handed to Carey again? Where did you come by this interesting tidbit of knowledge?

Agree that there  is NO need to be bringing up our back-up goalie now. Halak is doing just fine…

__________________________

170. Corporate says:

He probably meant that we can’t keep both forever. We might be able to keep them together for the next few years but then the Candiens wil have to make a decision.

171. Bill J says:

Agree with you Clay.

I suspect slapshot777 ‘s reply was emotional a bit, I had to choose my words carefully as well in my replies, to not get baited by Habs4ever Fan

172. Clay4bc says:

According to his profile, Habs4ever Fan is almost 50, yet he acts like a child here.

Me, I’m just happy we are in the THIRD ROUND! Been far too long…I hope we can make a habit of this, like we used to do.

__________________________

173. Habs4ever Fan says:

Almost 50

Been to over 30 games this year

Have not missed one playoff game (Including a visit to Washington for game 7)

Love the team since day one of this season…..

Hate watching two players on the ice….MAB and CP.  Like MAB and CP, I close my eyes every time they have the puck and just hope

Also was there for the NYR MTL game and was disgusted with the Officiating. I was not one of the 4000 fools who threw their Reno Depot promotional item on the ice.

I love Gainey everything Gainey did for Les Boys except for pushing and pushing of Price when he clearly did not have the right stuff.

174. K-hab25 says:

You sir, I respect. Unlike about 10 other posters here, you are atleast honest enough to admit your hatred for Price. The others claim to like him, while lambasting him every chance they get. You atleast, just hate him openly and like I said, I can respect that. I don’t think it’s wrong to dislike a player on the Habs, hell I hated Kovalev and still do. I just hate the fake people who try and say they like player X, so people will take there criticism of said player seriously, instead of calling them out on there biased opinions. Like I said I hated Kovalev and I never tried to hide my biased opinions about him. I just wish those 10 or so posters had the integrety to do the same, then maybe it would be a little less volatile around here.

175. WatchMojo says:

But – this is a repeat of the first game against the Pens:

- lack of discipline

- opposing team using size

Go Habs Go.

176. chelios_24 says:

I’m not on or off the bandwagon. I always hated the bandwagon thing. I call it like it is. I watch hockey and no way I will praise a team that plays like craap the way they are now! When they play great then they get my praise.

177. Johnny_Offensive says:

don’t forget the utterly horrific penalty killing – just like vs Pens.

We’ll respond strong in game 2 or be swept.

178. HabFanSince72 says:

yeah that would have changed everyting.

179. Kooch7800 says:

The team flat out stunk tonight.  PK really looked like a rookie out there tonight.

180. ari says:

putting obyrne out was huge mistake,at least he could level briere

181. linp says:

MAB and Hamrlik can’t clear Philly’s forwards in front of Halak. We need O’Byrne to play against Philly.

182. Habs4ever Fan says:

We have a few players off their game tonight

MAB….my gosh….sleeping on the powerplay

Halak, tough breaks but let him get pulled once a series and wipe up the opposition for the rest of the series

We can count on Price now….he always plays better in relief

We need quality plays. The theo fleury factor are not here right now

183. shaw says:

I’m not trying to discourage our team but i’ve  noticed that the flyers have always been the habs killer , ever since the 90’s when Eric Lindros was on the team they were always beating the canadians  senseless.Even  2 years  ago we go beat 4 games in a row the playoffs when we were 1st place , the flyers been to the eastern conference finals more than the habs in the past 10 years atleast the 2round. It’s just something about the way they play they always seem to score easily they’re not afraid to make mistakes they just crash the net and shoot  like crazy.

I have to say the flyers were getting on my nerves chanting the ole ole  theme .

I predict game 7  for this series and the habs will have definetly a much harder time than the first 2 teams, but the habs at the end will win it

184. Laramy87 says:

I hate philly fans, mocking the habs fans, with the ole…. oh man go to hell…..

This is bad, really really bad. But like i say, a repeat of game 1 against Pitts, game 2 will be different. Philly is really not that good, we are carrying the play, and outplaying them. Halak just had a bad nite

185. LeeFree says:

Just who was that team last night? I hope the coaching staff has the players sitting in front of a VCR all day today – showing them films of the first two rounds and most certainly showing them the film from last night. Don’t get caught up with those obnoxious fans, let’s get back to the basics of what got you there.

GO HABS, GO!

186. slapshot777 says:

Why don’t the boys shoot the puck on the blueline. If they are not going to shoot it from back there, than Bergereon shouldn’t be in the lineup. He makes too many giveaways to offset what he does offensively.

Anyway this is only one game yet. The Habs need to go out and win this period.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

187. Say Ash says:

It’s like Biron all over again.

188. deuce6 says:

Biron? lol

The team is making it really easy for Leighton..Biron just simply stood on his head..We simply just didn’t show up tonight..PHI’s physical game is just intimidating our smaller forwards..OB in and MAB out would be nice..

PHI have the skill and the team to rip us apart..The only glaring weakness they have is in goal, but we have no “want” to make it difficult in that dept. for PHI because we are scared to do it..

We matched up well with WAS/PITT because they like to open the game up and rely on scorers to win games for them..PHI depends largely on there huge D..That is why we are having a hard time generating anything in terms of rebounds and 2nd chances..Thank god this game is over..We need to regroup and adjust..

————- “Winning is fun!” – Hal Gill

189. MontrealAtheist says:

I wonder if we have anyone on our team who is not “off” tonight.

190. TripleX says:

Everytime Cammi was on the ice so was Pronger.  Ironic how it is our star that is being targeted this round.  Crosby, Malkin and Ovi could not get past Gill and Georges.  Can JM find a way to get Cammi space and time?

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

191. slapshot777 says:

The habs look like they are disinterested. I figured for sure that the layoff would have them jump out of the gate, but it seem to make them flat.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

192. KenD29 says:

Keep in mind, Flyers came off a big win only 2 nights ago. Still have that “desperation”, not to mention standing in front of our net. Caps and Pens did not do that. Like another poster said, Halak and company have to do a better job of clearing them out!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

193. habsguy says:

he tried to make some plays!!!!…hope it doesn’t hurt his confidence

194. Kooch7800 says:

That is PK’s great asset and greatest downfall….Confidence.

He still has a long way to go in development.  I think he will be good but we have to remember he is 20 and the dipsy doodling will have to be used at the right time.

It is all about adjustments. If Martin can come up with something that
    works. A little more effort and discipline to start. Lets win this
    period.

196. MontrealAtheist says:

I agree … JM will have to do some adjustments after this game and so far he always succeeded in doing so after big losses in the past series. Getting a goal or two would also help, just for momentum’s sake.

197. MontrealAtheist says:

I hope he does … It looks like Halak is due for a few days off to get back to his game.

198. J Haul says:

No. I love Carey, but they’ve commited to Jaro for this run. They’ve got to give him the chance to bounce back. He’s been great after a loss this post season.

199. duckdoc73 says:

I hope not. It’s no secret that he drops tp his knees when the shooter approaches and is vulnerable to shots over the left shoulder, as goals 5 and 6 clearly demonstrated. Halak will be ready the rest of the series……BELIEVE

200. chelios_24 says:

We need Chris Chelios,  Shayne Corson and Claude Lemieux to come out of retirement and show the habs not to be intimiated by the FLyers…and not bend down and take up the @ @ @.

201. chelios_24 says:

202. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ll take Larry Robinson, I don’t think the Canadiens have won a Playoff series against PHI if they didn’t have Big Bird.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

203. roblack says:

HABS FOREVER,FOREVER HABS

Halak will come back with an awesome game just like before. We knew this wasnt going to be easy. We will win this series,have faith.

204. deuce6 says:

The team in front of Halak is what worries me..Not Halak..We all know he can steal a game, but how can he do it with Flyers in his face all night?

205. deuce6 says:

The officiating wasn’t the reason we got embarrassed in this one..Just the team’s lack of will to compete..

206. Propwash says:

No matter what happens during this series, I for one am really proud of this team. Whatever happened during the regular season means nothing, except the fact they made the playoffs. Everyone who is anyone predicted that the caps would knock us out…..didn’t happen. The Penguins would clean house and take us out……didn’t happen.

Will Philtydelphia take us out? Maybe.

Or maybe not.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

207. nightmare_49 says:

Our man about town ‘Chris Aung-Thwin’ on Four Habs Fans Pantscast:

208. dallyd31 says:

As strange as it seems, we outshot the Flyers ( 28-25) and owned them in the faceoff circle ( 32-27).

It sure looked ugly though.  I guess the good news is that we played the worst we have in probably and month and still outshot them.

209. jimmy shaker says:

Man, how I love the calm before the storm!  I’m really into all the numbers and stats throughout this run so far.  Each new stat I find or look at, really encourages me.  I know that we can throw out all the stats and numbers in the world, and that it’s what the boys do on the ice…..but it’s almost a game within the game for me.  Anyway, enjoy the game everyone and MAB will get a PP goal for the boys tonight!

Shaker

210. AH says:

Can someone…,anyone….please tell me how you frickin’ beat both Wash. and the Pens, and then you come out with an effort like that tonight???? What the hell happened?, that was a freaking embarassment!!!

211. joeybarrie says:

It’s gonna be a good series. I am pretty happy we have come this far, and we are one step from the Finals. This city deserves it more than any other in my opinion. However, it will be the most difficult task. When you close down 1-2 players like Backstrom and Ovechkin, Crosby and Malkin, then you make these team beatable. Especially in Washington’s case because they do not have the defense or goaltending to get around that. But with Philly, I feel as if they were hit with injuries all season and they are playing with the same regard for adversity as we are. They have many weapons and they have the players with the same drive. We can’t simply shut down a few guys and take advantage of our chances.

BUT, and a BIG BUT. If we do win, which we can. This is a very very good match-up to help prepare us for the next step. If we can’t beat Philly, we can’t beat Chi or SJ. So does it really matter WHO we go out to if we are going out? It doesnt.

Lets simply enjoy this series and see our new team compete. But I feel this will be more difficult than the two previous teams. BUT WE CAN DO IT….

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

212. Fred D says:

It is really fun to watch this Canadiens team emerge.It took a while!

Perseverence and skill in the Coaching and Management,as well as on the ice have given us a group of guys that now play for each other and, win or lose, can hold their collective heads up.

I still think we have no “cake walk” in our immediate future, but we have the horses to pull this out, as proven by recent success!.

I am very happy and excited.

213. FeverBoy says:

Agreed. This definitely won’t be a cake walk against Philly
    but we have a chance if we work hard and that is what’s making this really
    nerve racking.  This team has really come
    together after all the injuries and mess from this season to show some true
    heart and grit and prove so many doubter wrong. Sid is still convinced it was a
    bad dream.

A win would go along so well this beautiful day (finally) in
    Montreal! Go Habs Go!!

214. Framlingem says:

First ever HI/O comment to say… if it was a cakewalk, it wouldn’t be the Stanley Cup.

Go Habs.

215. Rob D says:

What did JM do to get these guys ready for this one? Play Perry Como records till they threw up? Jeezy Josie, flat as a pancake from the get-go.

Putting a big body in the slot and Halak looks ..below average? Yep.  The goal scoring shots were very well placed as well but ..we can’t win without him playing in the .980+ range. Cannot.

Gomez’s idiotic penalty really hurt early. WT Hell was he thinking?

This is a must win in Game 2…I picked Flyers in 6 (like Uncle Mike) but they already seem to be reverting to the team we all knew and loathed for large parts of the season and down the stretch of regular season.Wake up ..fast..this could be over in a flash if they don’t respond.WE’ll find out what they have left. Philly seems to have a lot left if tonight is any indication.

It’s been an exciting run .to say the least…hope its not over. I guess we reserve judgement till after GAme 2.

216. dre1744 says:

its only one game calm down….

Yoiu have to BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

217. Habs4ever Fan says:

Lets just hope that Carey Price keeps up his fine form.

Just watched the greatest comeback victory in Habs history Mtl 6 Rangers 5 after trailing 5-0

Who was in nets when we were losing????? Price

Who was in nets when we won???? Halak

Go habs go

218. joeybarrie says:

I don’t even know what to say to this post. You hve really wasted a good opportunity to enjoy watching our TEAM play in the Conf Finals. Instead you have to concentrate on nonsense. No one in here is on this page. We will ONLY win if the WHOLE team is on the same page, AND THEY ARE…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

I think you are missing half the fun my friend! The team wins and looses as a group, not one player. Look at the bigger picture, not half of it.

Birth of a Team

220. Propwash says:

Read my sig.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

221. adam76 says:

Give it a rest.

222. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.   you idiot.  It was HUET. Way to demonstrate your utter inabilty to even see correctly.

FFS, get off the kids back.  He hasn’t played in weeks, and Halak is playing great.  Why do you feel the need to run him down for no reason.

223. John Q Public says:

Unfortunately you youngins don’t realize that Price will get a start or 2 in our run for the cup.

Its normal when you play this many playoff games.

But there is no debate.

The other team comes at us with Blowback but there is wall and his name is HALAK!!!!!!!!

( 9 hours to go)

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go !!!

Nana na hey hey good bye ;)

224. Mike says:

Thats incorrect, Price started, let in 3 goals, (lucky goals) HUET went in, let in 2, then Komi fought someone, came out of the box, fought him again right when they came back, and then we scored 6 straight (5 + shootout)

225. Bill J says:

As you have already admitted in another reply to this nonsense of a post.

You clearly did not watch it very closely, not enough to judge Price in the beginning of this game, nor did you watch it closely enough to realize Halak was in the AHL during that game, and Huet was on the bench backing up Price.

So really – your post is pointless at this point during the season – is it not ?

226. sholi2000.com says:

You just proved to every member that you no nothing about the Montreal Canadiens.

Halak?  LOL

They Call Me Shane

227. Habs4ever Fan says:

Huet not Halak…..sorry boys.

Price was still the one who dug the hole though

228. sholi2000.com says:

lol, those first three goals were defensive breakdown, and most fans know that.  Give it up and stop causing animosity here. Damn I have Leaf fans.

They Call Me Shane

229. Bill J says:

Yeah at the ripe old age of 20!!!!! He dug a 3 goal hole all by himself!

talk about something else, you just keep digging your own hole here.

THIS IS A NON-TOPIC!

230. sholi2000.com says:

lol, those first three goals were defensive breakdown, and most fans know that.  Give it up and stop causing animosity here. Damn I hate Leaf fans.

They Call Me Shane

231. joeybarrie says:

Did you even see that game?  How does it feel to have the DUMBEST post in the last 2 months??? Price let in 3 of five. So Price screwed us BIG TIME, and Huet letting in 2 did a MUCH MUCH better job? Honestly how stupid is that comment?

It just goes to show you, even when we are winning we have idiots who ruin it for the rest. JUST LIKE IN THE STREETS.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

232. Puck Bard says:

Wow. This might be the boner post of the season. Thanks for the laugh kid.

233. wd40 says:

Halak,Huet… Minor detail. Why let the facts get in the way, eagle-eye.

234. JF says:

Huet, not Halak.

235. Clay4bc says:

Come now, Joey…Priceberg had the dumbest posts in the last few months, hands down. This is s distant second, at best. :)

Where is Priceberg lately, BTW?

__________________________

236. HabsFan90 says:

Man is it just me or was I begging O’Byrne to get back there and make Pronger’s life miserable?? Martin putting MAB on D against a phyiscal team like Philly? Please. Put MAB as a forward and put in O’Byrne. We need all the size we can get against these guys.

237. A. Berke says:

With all due respect, why put MAB as a forward? Like he’s going to past by Pronger every time he has the puck. He can’t even keep the puck in the blueline on a PP. IMO he should take a rest for the remainder of this series.

Ali B.

238. habgunner says:

So TSN gives philly the series edge because of their big forwards, nice to see they’ve learnt nothing…Goaltending and defense gets you the rings, we’ve got the edge in both! Should be a good series and if we haven’t folded yet in keeping to JM’s plan I don’t see it happening now! Habs in 6!

239. Habs4ever Fan says:

I am really superstitious like it or not and have been sticking with this theme throughout the playoffs.

We are playing like a team and Carey has been rooting us on but…..I lost tons of respect for his lack of seriousness in the playoffs this year,,,(2 misconducts in a loss), last year with the phantom attack against the bruins fan as he came on the ice) and the famous joking inteview with the taxi driver after a playoff loss.

We are here because of the intense concentration of a cohesive group of players and there have been no lapses so far because we don’t have an immature baby that we are relying on to make key saves at key times.

So I will continue saying

Go Habs Go

Price has looked really in his element these playoffs

240. Bill J says:

You talk of cohesiveness, are you BLIND – Price is a part of this cohesiveness.

FFS – Quit talking about this – it is a 100% non-topic right now!

241. joeybarrie says:

He is 22. Do you expect him to go home and stare at the black tv screen for 5 hours after a loss like Michael Jordan???  What exactly do you expect him to do after a loss? He puts it out of his mind and prepares for the next game. This is a good thing.

As for your loss of respect for him because of the 2 misconduct penalties. Have you seen the penalties. Softest in the game this season. Besides what the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Honestly this is the DUMBEST reason yet why to bash Price.

And your whole susperstitious theme in your posts about continuous bashing of Price to help us win, you wont be breaking it is you SIMPLY DO NOT POSTS AT ALL. I think we all prefer it that way anyways.

Let me put this in another way. If we ALL were on the team in here. You would be SK and we would be ignoring you as you skated around in the corner alone… If there is any immaturity around here, it is YOU…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

242. joeybarrie says:

I can also tell by your remarkable ability to see and sense the smallest detail in every game how incredibly in tune you are with the team. Your insight is so dead on. HOWEVER, the fact you can’t even tell who is in goals in this GREATEST COMEBACK in which you said you JUST WATCHED tell me exactly how to take your posts. Did you see how many goals Sheldon Souray scored in that game???  It was awesome.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

243. ab-hab-nut says:

Wow, we looked pathetic!! Why on earth is one trick poney MAB still playing?? Get O’B in there!! Wake up JM! wake up Habs!!

244. FeverBoy says:

Truth Hurts…

245. MontrealAtheist says:

5-0 … Oh well, at least the Leafs and Bruins fans will have something to celebrate tonight.

246. ari says:

did u get your tickets for 6th game?

247. showey47 says:

anybody have a link to the denmark/russia world championship game?

What time is it on Showey?

Birth of a Team

249. FeverBoy says:

or search the sopcast or atdhe channels, should be on there

250. barriesc says:

Who even gives a crap……its ancient history…how about some positive vibes?

251. Rainrocket16 says:

I know we sucked and it was not the refs fault we lossed. But that second goal was BS, the refs wait for the flyers to get positioned then drop the puck in such a manner that they burn us on the faceoff, that pissed me off, that was the turning point in the game I think. We completely sucked that one.. I am embarrassed to be a habs fan today (just today though). We will bounce back on Chebacca and the gang, we will expose Leighton for what he is.

252. Habs4ever Fan says:

We are winning because we are playing as a team and have PLAYOFF Goaltending.

How good would anyone feel if we had Happy Carey in nets for this series?

253. Bill J says:

UH HELLO

WE DO NOT HAVE CAREY PRICE IN NET – BECAUSE JARO HALAK IS IN NET!

Seems pretty damned clear to me this is a NON-TOPIC.

254. ab-hab-nut says:

Loser, go cheer for leaves!

255. duckdoc73 says:

Bring Zarathustra up from the Minors

256. habbyone says:

2 zip baby!!!!

257. MontrealAtheist says:

I only managed to get one for game 3 which is probably a good thing … I’m not holding my breath for having a game #6.

258. Habs4ever Fan says:

OK Habs…we are down 1-0 but we are still at the show!<br><br>

We got to play better, more consistant, with more energy and less intimidation.<br>

We can do it….<br><br>

MAB…shoot the puck.<br><br>

Halak….you always bounce back, Tuesday night will be no exception <br><br>

OB, hope to see you out there<br><br>

SK…..hopefully you’ve learned something watching these habs and WAKE UP !!! you can do it for them<br><br>

PK….remember…its a team game…..Pittsburgh and Washington were defeated because they didnt play enough of the team game<br><br>

We have seen the Flyers at their best…time for the 2010 Canadiens to show those Flyers what they can do.