Round 2, Game 5: Canadiens fall to Penguins 2-1

Canadiens goalie Jaroslav Halak makes a blocker save against Penguins Pascal Dupuis on Saturday night. Allen McInnis, The Gazette

Preview | Matchups | Saturday’s NHL schedule | Boone’s Game Blog and About last night … | Stubbs on Twitter | Hickey’s game story | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

AUDIO: Jacques Martin| Dan Bylsma | Scott Gomez | P.K. Subban | Michael Cammalleri | Glen Metropolit | Dominic Moore | Jaroslav Halak

• At a Glance: The Canadiens were able to keep the Penguins’ snipers at bay again in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinal on Saturday night, but defencemen did the damage in a 2-1 Pittsburgh win. Kris Letang gave the Penguins a 1-0 lead with less than two minutes to play in the first period when he beat Jaroslav Halak with a bullet from the point as Josh Gorges was serving a cross-checking penalty 18:18 into the period. Sergei Gonchar made it 2-0 for Pittsburgh midway through the second period when his point shot eluded a screened Halak. Marc-André Fleury made 32 saves, several of them could be called turning points in the game as the Canadiens pressed for the tying goal in the second period before the Gonchar goal, and tried to get on the scoreboard in the third period. Tomas Plekanec finally solved Fleury with 30 seconds to play when he pushed a rebound home during a 6-on-4 man advantage. Fleury made another game saver in the dying seconds as the Canadiens pushed for a miracle goal that would have tied the game 2-2.

• What It Means: The Penguins have pushed the Canadiens to the brink of elimination with a 3-2 series lead.

• What’s Next: Game 6 goes Monday night in Montreal. Game 7, if necessary, will be back in Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.

1. TommyB says:

Interesting, for sure.  I have always assumed it’s game over with either MCL or ACL tear.

2. pmaraw says:

its stuff like this that frustrates me.  we are watching the habs effectively turn teams into perimeter teams, eliminating second chances in front of the night but allowing them to cycle along the boards.  we arent getting out played in the hard working areas, the pens are, fire 100 shots from the perimeter, i dont care, the actual scoring chances are minimal.  hell the only reason the pens scored last game were on 2 blown calls putting our guys out of position.

you when i knew we were gonna win in game 4?  when they interviewed Belliveau, I got this warm tingly feeling

3. Habsman93 says:

Just finished watching the 100 Year Celebration from Dec 4th and I am primed and ready for tonight just seeing all those greats on the ice again brought chills and now hoping this current team can do the same once agin.

4. Slovak says:

:)))))))  Halak has to sleep in the fridge to remain that cool and calm no matter what… right now I would start to shake from all of the attention… but he just make his little circle on the ice after he is the first star for I don’t know how many times and he’s gone…:))

COME ON MONTREAL COME ON

5. pmaraw says:

more than boston?  is jaro bigger than chara in slovakia?  not physically bigger…  but like superstar wise?

6. Bill H says:

Markov back in the line up?  I’ll believe it when I see it.  What I saw with my own eyes is the way he went down, which looked like pain in the extreme.  But hey, I guess stranger things have happened.  Some of the discussion on ACL and MCL is very informative.  I’m still hoping for Spacek to get back before this series is over.

Spector/Lyle Richardson wrote an interesting piece on Wednesday, before Game 4, when we were down 2-1 in the series.  He didn’t rate our chances for a Cup run very highly, or for getting past the Pens, for that matter.  Why?  The imbalance in SOG, night in, night out.  He says we can’t afford to let the game open up, as we did that against the Caps and ended out down 2-1 before we tightened up defensively. He says this “rope-a-dope” strategy can help you steal a game or two, but it won’t help you in the long run.  Period 3 on Thursday night was fantastic hockey.  Periods 1 and 2, I am
    not so happy with.  Can we count on 2 quick goals in the third again?  The realist in me says Spector is correct.  The fan in me just wants to enjoy it as far as they go.

Richardson also says Halak’s performance, while very impressive, is more comparable to Steve Penney in ’84 or Jose Theodore in ’02 than it is to Roy or Dryden.  Until we win the Cup, I’m inclined to agree.  And the team that signs Halak long term for big bucks next year is taking a big gamble.  Look at Huet.  Look at Theodore.  Look at Tim Thomas.  Long term contracts for big bucks that are exacerbating their team’s cap issues.  Flashes of brilliance do not mean long term all star calibre.  I wish Halak a long a prosperous career with the Canadiens, but it remains to be seen how his career will go.

Seems more is coming out about SK’s bad attitude and work ethic, and how most other players did not want him around.  Is there still any question about the decision to cut him loose?

I’m not one to bash Crosby, but this, I can’t resist:

Number of goals this series

Crosby       0

Pyatt         1

LOL

I must admit, my sig pic felt pretty pointless all season long, right up until now.

7. pmaraw says:

Lmao!  great work bugs!  I love it!

8. Bugs says:

The numbers, dang you! The numbers!

Give us the 6/49 NUMBERS!

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

9. pmaraw says:

i wouldnt bet on a fair game by the refs.  i also wouldnt bet on markov playing :P  in fact i would bet the other way on both of those, but I will bet on Montreal winning tonight and I will bet on crosby crying tonight.

10. Bugs says:

Little snippet of what the reporter had to go through to get you this story: “…he decided to make his way to the Canadiens’ room at Pittsburgher’s practice facility to ask them how they felt about Sid the Kid getting all the attention. But he was stopped by Halak and informed they were in a meeting. No problem, he figured he’d grab a muffin and coffee off the brunch table and wait. But he was stopped by Halak and informed the muffins and donuts were for the Boys. Alright then, he’d go sit down in the stands and wait. But he was stopped by Halak for not having a proper practice press-pass. It was pointed out that a press-pass is ALSO a proper practice press-pass but that argument was stopped by Halak for overuse of alliteration.”

Tellin yehs; it’s gettin ridiculous with this guy. Very frustrating.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

11. Slovak says:

Damned Luongo – if only Demitra did score against him in the end – hey I did write this one before – I would love to see Demitra part of Habs team… I think in Vancouver he just don’t have right guys around him, it is not possible to play this different at Olympics and now…

COME ON MONTREAL COME ON

12. Danno says:

Fearless prediction: Tonight will be a defining moment in the history of Les Canadiens. The referees, shamed by their disgraceful performance on Thursday will call a fair game. The Great Wall of Halak will remain impenetrable. Markov will rise to
    quarterback our power plays flawlessly. And we will triumph on our way back to the Bell Centre for the final and decisive match and eliminate the defending Stanley Cup champions.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

13. Slovak says:

But know what? Real love had to be earned that hard… and now it’s the best possible scenario of all scenarios in the history of that word… so everything is ok Bugs Jaro loves you all, and all slovak hockey fans stands by Montreal…

COME ON MONTREAL COME ON

14. 100HABS says:

No problem with the risk – once it’s torn, it’s torn. MCL can heal, ACL can’t. Unless it’s like less than 50% torn, there might be a chance of healing. Mine was 90% torn and therefore useless. While waiting for the operation, I played sports with a brace no problem. Some people opt to use a brace all life because they fear the knife.

If I were him, no doubt, I would play and get the repair the day after the last game of the season.

All this assuming he really has an ACL tear. There was no official confirmation.

15. Say Ash says:

I don’t think I can drink that much.

16. pmaraw says:

well who woulda thunk it, a goalie outta slovakia?  I was routing for them at the olympics :D

17. joe-hab-nuno says:

let us pray

“our father, who are in bell center, hockey be thy name, thy will be done, the cup be won, on ice as well as in the stands… give us this day our hockey sticks and forgive us our penalties…. as we forgive those who cross-check against us. Lead us not into elimination and deliver us to victory.. In the name of the fans.. lord stanley. and the holy halak!!! AMEN!”

18. W35T5ID3 says:

duz the ‘W’ in ur avatar stand for Whiner?lol …as in cindy cry baby crosby aka the whiner?

19. W35T5ID3 says:

Is Markov playing?If so or if in an upcoming game,say game 6 then no one can question his desire and dedication to the team and winning.I think he,like i realize that this could VERY WELL be our year.Lord stanley,lord stanley….give me the brandy!

20. Bugs says:

(sniff)

Know what?

(choke)

It’s true!

(sob!)

…sorry, sorry; gonna collect myself…

Superfluously redundant, I remain

21. spoonfullofjelly says:

Damn, sounds like a hell of a night.

22. Slovak says:

But there can be 0-0 at the end of 3rd period – i take that as a “shootout” – then Habs score one even if they have to push it by their tongues and here we are :))

COME ON MONTREAL COME ON

23. spoonfullofjelly says:

I have torn my ACL. I played the rest of the football season with it. The pain is not an issue, there is only pain when you feel your knee “slip”….but I had a specially made athletic brace and was able to play. With the right brace, right support he can play, however, it will have it’s risks.

24. Bash says:

Back..check!

Body…check!

Poke…check!

Cross… check!

Hip…check!

GO HABS!!!

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

25. Slovak says:

And you know what, Halak’s story is pretty similar to Habs story – none or only very very few believed, he can be THE GOALIE one day, because he is small, he was no sudden wonder, terrible rebound control, drafted from the place at the end of the tunnel, you guys seem to oversee him because of Price, etc.etc. HE HAD TO EARN EVERY INCH OF WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW… AND NOW HERE HE IS… Jaro: “No one believed us, but HERE WE ARE”

COME ON MONTREAL COME ON

26. Storm Man says:

Doctor James Andrews when it comes to knees this guy is the top dog.

27. TommyB says:

I don’t think there is any doubt about the knee not hurting with the right meds, or that his mobility wouldn’t be affected with a good brace.  I do however think the issue would be how much more damage would he risk by playing under those conditions?  I’m no doctor, nor have I ever had a torn ACL, but that seems to me what the issue should be.  Let’s not forget that there has never been any official word from the team regarding Markov’s injury, so maybe the damage was not nearly as bad as was first suspected.  But my bet would be that we may see Markov on the bench in a suit tonight.

28. Bugs says:

Tried to be.

But was stopped by Halak.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

29. 100HABS says:

I’m in Montreal so I called around to find the best. Found a guy that does knees all week associated to the McGill sports clinic. If you’re in Toronto, you could probably find someone almost as good. It’s worth getting on the wait list of the best.

30. habssince1909 says:

Even one shift could be inspirational, and yes, it could play with the Penguins “head”…..

31. habssince1909 says:

It would be great if Markov could actually play, even if he cannot, just for morale reasons is also good enough.  We have got to BELEIVE……..take it one game at a time….

GO HABS GO…..

32. MontrealAtheist says:

There is no shootout in the playoffs … Even if it takes 10 OT periods until we have a winner :-)

33. Bob Barker says:

I tore my ACL, MCL and LCL as well as my biceps femoris all in the same injury. The swelling was ridiculous. Once it subsided though I could walk fine, I just couldn’t run properly because my knee was too unstable. I could limp run, so I still played ball hockey while waiting for surgery.

I saw Dr. Robert Giffin in London, Ontario. Every other surgeon I saw  said I probably wouldn’t be able to play sports again. Dr. Giffin completely rebuilt my knee using donor tissue from an achilles tendon to replace my biceps femoris and hamstring tissue from my other leg to replace the three torn ligaments.

I’d say I have 95% functionality in my repaired knee and don’t even notice it when I play hockey, which is 3-4 times per week. The only sport I don’t play as much of any more is soccer.

Anyways, if you’re looking for a surgeon I’d say Dr. Giffin should be at the top of your list.

34. MontrealAtheist says:

Hey, if they win tonight Monday’s game will be even bigger :-)

35. 100HABS says:

With the right meds, his knee won’t hurt. With a good brace, his mobility should not be affected. Saku Koivu plays with 2 braces – you would never know it.

36. 100HABS says:

I had it rebuilt through hamstring graft in 1998. Wore a sports brace for about 2 years for tennis and skiing. For the following 10 years, I’d say the operated knee (right) was actually stronger then my left.

Since last fall, I’ve had bad swelling when playing tennis. I’m going for an MRI Monday. Probably meniscus problem.

Overall, the operation was a great success. I’m more than willing to go back under the knife to fix the current problem.

37. sh00n says:

No problem!

38. MontrealAtheist says:

I don’t care who scores the winner as long as someone does it … Would be cool if Jaro could score the winner via a penalty shoot though. That should be enough to replace that obsolete cross on Mt. Royal with a 50m Halak statue.

39. Jbird says:

True – I was just saying it was possible – I say we lose in 7 (reverse jinx)

40. Jbird says:

Our curse has a lot to do with icing bad teams – So I want a real (;-)) bigger curse on their new crappy arena.

41. MontrealAtheist says:

evidently they don’t know what to do, they will do the same again and pray something goes in”

Sounds familiar, eh? Yeah, that’s precisely what the Caps were doing in the previous series … Boudreau was so convinced that what they were doing was right and they only needed to continue doing what they were doing and things would magically turn out differently.

42. novahab says:

Barnett said on off the record last night he played with a torn ACL two days after he did it so it can be done.  Question is will the Pens go after his knee espeically that idoit Cooke or will they exploit his lack of ablilty to turn quickly. Then maybe MAB sits and Markov just plays the powerplay.

43. brad.men5 says:

valid point, unfortunatly I’m not a professional athlete so I had to use crutches for a while before my swelling went down.  Did you go for recontruction surgery?

44. Will Longlade says:

Messing with the Pens heads, that’s all. If I was part of the team, there’s no way they could go to Pittsburgh without me.

45. 100HABS says:

Do you have top-notch injections available to locally cut the pain to your knee? I’ve had an ACL tear, too.

I would insert Markov even if it’s just for the power play.

46. nickster13 says:

Everyone get excited! biggest game since 1993 is less than 7hours away! GO HABS GO! get pumped up!

47. Bill J says:

YW – was one of my fav shows as a kid (in french)

lol

48. brad.men5 says:

I wouldn’t get excited about markov coming back to play.  I personally just tore my acl, and let me tell you, playing through it would be painful.

49. WestHab says:

Thanks again.

Les Schtroumpfs Sont La!

50. WestHab says:

Of course, thanks for the spelling, Bill.

Les Smurfs Sont La!

51. Slovak says:

2 – 1 Habs, or Halak will make shootout, it will be 0-0 and Habs score in OT – I HAVE A DREAM :))

COME ON MONTREAL COME ON

52. Bill J says:

I somehow don’t think Markov will play, it adds uncertainty to the Penguins game IMO (kinda like with Staal in game 4) except with Markov I somehow see him as a cheerleader tonight.

PS your sig (if you want it french) should be:

Les Schtroumpfs Sont La!

:D

53. Max_a_million says:

Gomez is very funny, I really like his sense of humor.

Not just a play maker, he also makes lots of great plays all over the ice.

54. WestHab says:

I have to miss the game tonight, maybe that will favor my life expectancy.

Les Smurfs Sont La!

55. WestHab says:

With all this excitement about Markov is there any chance that Spacek will get back sometime?  I mean is it really possible that Markov beats Spacek back to the line up?  What’s going on with Spa?

Les Smurfs Sont La!

56. dudurules says:

3-2 habs in ot…refs will stink again

57. W35T5ID3 says:

tnx its on my desktop now

58. Slovak says:

Sid and the other Ping Peng boys must be so desperate, evidently they don’t know what to do, they will do the same again and pray something goes in – come on Montreal make those clowns lick blood

COME ON MONTREAL COME ON

59. Jbird says:

That’s what I’m saying exactly!  Really like that guy – wish he could score -but his play making and attitude are world class.

60. Clay4bc says:

Everyone still comes if Gomez is not traded for…but I think the myth of Gomez is cute.

__________________________

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Francois Laignelot -

61. ABHabsfan says:

I agree, just didn’t fit my parallels!

62. Bugs says:

In-depth report: From ordinary to extraordinary, Habs know the drill.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

63. munch17 says:

I would add that another mil goes to making those around him better. So I see him as a 5 mil guy.

No way Giunta or Cammy ( or Gill for that matter) come if he wasn’t signed.

64. HabFanSince72 says:

Markov can just score the winner. No OT please.

65. lavie says:

Gomez’s 500K was spent on making the room as relaxing and trouble-free room;

Gomez’s
    another 500K was spent on inspiring young players.

So, Gomez is a
    6 mil player. Is that fair?

66. 11habs11 says:

thanks, that’s wicked!

67. omgblamebriesbois says:

Does anyone know what time the habs practise today?  I can’t seem to find it anywhere

68. sholi2000.com says:

GO CANADIENS GO

Only thing that needs to be said…….oh and lets throw the season for a better draft choice……….lol!

They Call Me Shane

69. sh00n says:

Hey guys. When the playoffs started a made a banner for you guys to use as a wallpaper for your desktops. Today I felt motivated since school is finally finished and I made a full wallpaper for everyone, sized 1200×1600.

If you want to download the full sized image, click the download link to the left of the image!

Cheers! And GO HABS GO!

70. Jbird says:

I’m enjoying hearing Gomez and reading his quotes in the press.  Yesterday on the Syndicated Jim Rome show Gomez is interviewed while on the team bus and Rome asks him something to the effect of “Montreal is playing so well, What gives? Any surprises on your team”

Gomez say’s “Yeah big surprises.  Epecially our D. I mean, some of the leaders on the team like me were really worried about all of our D in the regular season, especially Hal Gill.  But Gill,  somehow that big guy is actually playing well – real surprising coming from Gill.”

Than you hear laughter in the backround and Gomez laughs and tells Jim Rome that Gill is seated beside Hal.

Now for 7 million – the good quotes are a consilation worth at least 500,000.

Love that the Habs are being talked about everywhere across the continent and that Gomez is there not to say the same old things.

71. ABHabsfan says:

Marc Savard returns from injury and scores OT wineer; Simon Gagne returns and scores OT winner; Markov returns…

72. Slovak says:

What I was trying to say – Jaro is able to come up strong after a bad game or a bad streak as he has done it many times… That is why I don’t think he is a gamble to sign longterm – majority of other goalies that you wrote could not overcome bad game or bad period so easily… that is why I think the pressure from lost glory ties their hands… but this is not the case of Jaro – he was able to come up super strong after 2 huge burnouts in recent playoff – one with Caps and one with Pens – what does this tell you about him? Patrick Roy told in some interview that even He would have problems to come back that strong after being pulled…

And it is up to you guys – yes it is up to you all in Montreal – team, coach, owners, fans… you all have some impact on the team more or less…

But at the end I understand you – from the mathematic point is better to sign Halak for a year and see what happens. But for me it is the matter of inner feeling that he fits the team perfectly and I would sign him longterm right away for some reasonable money to have at least the backbone of this team solved for years to come…

COME ON MONTREAL COME ON

73. homerbowen says:

Cursed??? Do you mean similar to our cuirse at the Bell Centre?

74. gohabs1170 says:

Word is that Spacek is real close to returning, but not tonight.  Most likely next game.

Had an inner ear problem and a major case of vertigo…guess he finally got the right combination of ‘cocktails’ to make it right

75. habitual says:

If I recall the article on it, it is a sock that finishes just above the ankle, and it seems that Gill might have gotten cut behind the knee – which would be a dreadful place to be cut.

76. habitual says:

77. crabvader says:

Sam Stout…

In the words of Dennis Greene: “We let ‘em off the hook!”

78. ooder says:

once again Malkin proved that pens go as he goes.

Cindy is an image.. Malkin and Gonchar are what makes the pens tick

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

79. kempie says:

He always says, for example, “Talbot loses control of the puck” instead of “Gionta takes it away from Talbot”. Anything to not mention us by name.

80. kempie says:

Is that a record?

That’s adorable.

81. shootdapuck says:

The sock goes all the way to the knee!

As per the article!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

82. kempie says:

How’s the weather in space?

83. SeriousFan09 says:

Malkin always does more with less is what’s impressive, Crosby may play with 2nd-liners, but aside from PP, Malkin’s guys are 3rd-liners if that, and enigmatic ones at that.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

84. bostonantifan says:

Actually, it was a skate guard that goes over the boot of the skate, that’s what Gill was wearing.  If you look closely at a picture of his skates, you won’t see laces, they’re covered up by the guard.

85. HNS says:

Yea, and I’m sorry you wet the bed again.

86. daveho29 says:

Nice avatar ;)

87. shootdapuck says:

Don’t know what you “lecture” but I hope it’s not English!

Better check again:

Decimated:

1) Destroy large proportion of something

2) Almost destroy something completely

ie. inflict so much damage that it is seriously reduced in effectiveness.

3) Destroy one in ten of something

#2 or #1 would apply to the Habs defence.

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

88. MontrealAtheist says:

I’d like to believe that, but to get there we have to change a few things … Each of the 3 times the Penguins won their PP goals played a crucial part, so how about not giving up any penalties for a change? Pittsburgh is deadly on the PP, so better not give them any opportunity to begin with. Even 1 PP for Pittsburgh is 1 too many.

89. MontrealAtheist says:

We had momentum going into games 3 and 5, didn’t help much though.

90. Bob Barker says:

Kirk Muller will be at Garde Manger in time for closing to show off his recently streaked hair and wheel some cocktail waitresses. He’ll also draw up an effective game plan on a bar napkin though.

91. Clay4bc says:

Seriously man…Cole is a Habs fan. He is just old is all.

__________________________

92. Habs4ever Fan says:

Firstly, refereeing was fine this game but

Imagine this for an NHL Commercial

They show all the Missed calls by the refs that resulted in Goals for a team and then play them backwards as you see flashed accross the screen

“Imagine if the Refs were fair

History will be made

NHL

93. TPlow says:

No surrender, no retreat!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Put your hand on the record player and say, ‘I’m gonna get my freedom!’” — King’s X

94. slapshot777 says:

Our defense is getting too overworked. First it was Spacek, Markov, now Gill. Say what you want but that’s 3 huge holes on any teams defense. I still believe we will win game 6 and force a game 7.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

95. MontrealAtheist says:

If the referees will be as bad as during game #4 it will be an uphill battle … Heck, even if we score, the goal would probably be disallowed retroactively once Cindy starts doing his cry-dance.

96. xeonus says:

This isn’t over.

If they had won tonight, the Pens, with their backs to the wall, would have won game 6 and carried momentum into game 7.

This way, if we win game 6, we’ll have the momentum going into game 7, and it’s anyone’s game.

I’m not even surprised. Barely making the playoffs, barely making the second round, they do just enough to get by, and there’s no indication that that’s going to end just yet.

With the resiliency that this group has shown, this is far from over.

97. MontrealAtheist says:

100% agreed … Scoring a single goal with 30 seconds left is not going to win you too many playoff games vs. a solid Pittsburgh team.

98. shootdapuck says:

Overworked?

Decimated is more the word!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

99. BKAK72 says:

Anyone know the status of GILL?

I will be the first to admit my error of judgement when evaluating LAPS and GILL – both have proven their value in these playoffs. Looks pretty obvious AK46 has selective interest as does POULIOT, can’t ever figure out how such big players float around. — I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! –

100. habsgod says:

WITH APOLOGIES TO BOBBY MCFERRIN,
    Here is a little song I wrote
    You might want to sing it note for note

Don’t worry… BEAT CROSBY

He wears the number 87,Thinks his team was made in heaven,

Don’t worry… BEAT CROSBY

Golden Boy wants the Cup again.In best of 7 you make no friends,

Don’t worry…BEAT CROSBY
    Behind the scenes …is his Dad Troy,But he was nothing like Patrick Roy,
    Don’t worry, BEAT CROSBY

101. Slovak says:

Maybe they wait for Halak to step up and score for them with that big stick

102. lenny says:

Pouliot=DISAAPOINTMENT

AK46= USELESS

Send both to the bench and double shift, id raher have guys out there dead tired but trying, as opposed to those sad sacks. Now I see why the Wild gave on Pouliot and why the Hbas will give up on AK…

103. pmaraw says:

we’ll know more on gill tomorrow, martin didnt disclose anything

104. VancouverHab says:

Decimated is the wrong word. We have lost three of our top six defensemen. To be decimated (lost one in ten) we would have to have lost three-fifths of one defenseman (if MAB were a a top six defenseman–which, God knows, he certainly isn’t– he is about 0.6 of a defenseman.)

The right word I suggest is bisected: our defense corps has been cut in half.

105. ari says:

dont worry guys, we gonna win 2 in a row

106. pmaraw says:

I dont know how many times someone (gomez, gionta, hammer even)was battling along the boards vs 2-3 pens and all you see is either one of those guys standing 5-10 feet away, watching, I’m 3 feet from my TV screaming GET THE F%$# IN THERE AND HELP, but no, the pens when the battle, clear the puck

107. arrow says:

good game!Too bad Fleury had a Halak game tonite! But why does Pouliot always skate backwards, he receives the pass and then turns around!The timing was a little off tonite, alot of incomplete passes.  Next game is ours!! Hope Gill is OK.

Josh you are a warrior, keep up the good work!

GO HABS GO!

108. pmaraw says:

ya man, im with you, i believe!

109. Ton says:

i am so glad i read your post. i can now sleep now. now it make sense we lost on purpose tonight, we will win game 6 in order to carry it over to game 7 which we will win. thanks so much

110. MontrealAtheist says:

Once again a lack of discipline and a resulting power play goal for Pittsburgh costs the Habs the game … Way to blow a 2-2 tie after 4 games. Nice job, JM !!!

Well, it was a nice run while it lasted … Hopefully we’ll have more luck next year. And may the Penguins go easy on us on Monday.

111. MontrealAtheist says:

112. crabvader says:

Don’t worry guys, the refs of the NHL aren’t the only screw ups in sports.

Alan Belcher just spiked Patrick Cote on his head (which is illegal) and was able to continue and beat Cote with a choke.

Today is pissing me off.

(UFC btw)

113. arrow says:

We can beat this team. We have shut down Crybaby. Gina Malkin still gives us trouble but we can win! I say play Sergei along with Pleks and Andrei and see what they can produce.  I bet they can get a goal, and in this series a goal means aot! Good team effort tonite but we need to score more goals, get a 2 goal lead and we have the advantage defensively!

GO HABS GO!

114. habsguy says:

you already said that !!!!!!!

115. habsguy says:

Oh well,  I guess we’ll have to win it in front of the melon heads!!!!!

116. Habs_Fan_1 says:

That line could get a goal or two, sure. It’s the 5 they’ll give up that concerns me!

117. crabvader says:

Haha! Kimbo Slice is the man!

Sporting a Habs toque!

118. Habs_Fan_1 says:

Go back to licking the toads dude…

119. Fansincebirth says:

Don’t know why, but I’m not terriblly upset after that game.

Anybody else feel like this?

Icing on the cake for me is Cindy missing the open net :o)

120. crabvader says:

I’m not upset because I KNOW we will break their will and the 7th man at the Bell Centre will pound the Pens into the dirt in game 6.

We will go back to Pitts and just like Washington, beat them in front of their mommas.

121. hab nots says:

Series over.  You guys are whistling in the dark.  You have no depth, Pens outworked you.  Thanks for knocking out the Caps.  Sorry about Hal.

122. slapshot777 says:

Time for Kirk Muller to do his due deligence and make adjustments for game 6. Kirk, will have a strong game plan for Monday.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

123. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Well ! …This ol’ reprobate is goin’ to do the Vancouver Sun Run
    Marathon tomorra …kinda a decompression for A Wound Up West Coast
    kinda Hab Fan

…the Good News is …I’ll lap most of the Younger
    Punks along the course …the uncertain news is How The Hell ? will Our
    Habs deal with the potential of Hal Gill …and Jaro Spacek …AND
    Andrei Markov …MIA ???

…the 2009-version of Marc Andre Fleury showed-up this evenin’
    …Malkin has awoken …Crosby was Crosby …Letang another Josh Gorges
    only-with offensive skills …They WITH a Gonchar and We WITHOUT a
    Markov …enough early-bad (against Us) and non-calls (against dem) by
    the refs to change the early-Mo

…Our lack of net-presence or sustained net-pressure on MAF made
    Flower’s job that much easier …as well as a smart, disciplined
    well-coached game by The Waddlers

…YET !, We STILL came within
    ‘a whisker’ of pullin’ THIS game out of the
    fire !

..I’m gonna be thinkin’ and meditatin’ on all THIS while I
    run Gazelle-like over The Sun Run course …and IF I come-up with a few
    suggestions for JM to alleviate Our plight …I will be certain to let
    Him know

…so, to ALL The Young Punks tomorra …PLEASE …Make
    My Day !

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

124. Habs_Fan_1 says:

After the Markov injury earlier in the year, I thought many of the players were wearing a cut-resistant fabric for protection. I guess I thought wrong.

125. Fansincebirth says:

I’m guessing because we played a good game, kept Cindy and Gina off the scorecard again and lost because of MAF.

I think Gill is going to be ok. He seemed to be walking ok in the hallway. Keep my fingers crossed anyways….

We’ll take them to the wire. Win back home then anything goes….

Love the way PK is taking care of Crybaby. On the one play at our net, Cindy looked like he was having a Spaz Attack :o)

126. slapshot777 says:

Habs played a decent game, not one of their best efforts, but with their injuries, i am still proud of this team. I still think they have more to give yet, this isn’t over. I think if the Pens had 3 defensemen out like the Habs, they would have been toast.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

127. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Series over? You have to win 4 games to win a series not  3, if anyone is whistling in the dark – it’s you pal. Congrats on the win.

128. Fansincebirth says:

Awww sweetie, I know you think you’re being all witty and pretend you know something about hockey but seriously, run away back to your own little web site or go to bed before your Mommy finds out you’re still awake.

We’re okay here but you may want to check on Cindy. He didn’t look so good….

129. Habs_Fan_1 says:

One good starter would be to tell the players to keep driving TO the net rather than coasting past it. Metropolit would be a good example…

130. pmaraw says:

oh man, you sound like the caps fans when they were up 3-1, I didnt know it was best of 5.

131. Fansincebirth says:

Two specific comments by Cole the Hole made me just giggle….

1 – we clearly won a faceoff in our end puck went behind our net. Cole the Hole says that Pittsburgh is controlling the play after winnging the faceoff….Wut?

2 – Pittsburgh was on one of their puck control moments and he blathers on about Malkin controlliing the play…..ummmmmmmm, Gina was on the bench Cole!

Love Cherry’s comment when they said they were going to interview Cindy at the end of the game… “Doesn’t anyone else on that team speak English”

132. pmaraw says:

please dont spoil the UFC for me kk thanks.  Im renting it romorrow.

133. pmaraw says:

please dont spoil the UFC for me kk thanks.  Im renting it romorrow.

134. HugeHabsFan says:

I’m thinking (hoping) the same with Gill.  I also saw PK giving it to Crosby verbally.  Think he was telling him to quit being such a suck ass and whining like a little girl (no offence to my fellow females, lol).

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

135. Fansincebirth says:

I loved the way PK was jawing at him. “Shut up Cindy and try playing the game without crying. By the way, you don’t impress me”

136. HugeHabsFan says:

It was awesome for sure.  PK is the real deal.  Absolutely LOVING watching him step up and be a huge part of why this team is where it is.

……….. “Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!” I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

137. Psycho29 says:

C’mon guys, he’s a member since 40 minutes ago, he’s an expert.

Can you say TROLL ??????

138. Rainrocket16 says:

of course it is, so is whining to the refs about every little thing…I am sorry to sound jevenilel but I hate the Penguins to death..They do not deserve the credit they get, so I will make fun of them ugly bastards whenever the mood suits. but seriously they do look like that. Just saying!

139. HNS says:

Totally lost respect for the Pens organization. They claim Staal had foot surgery and it ended up being an ingrown toenail. They said Guerin is out for the playoffs and it ended up being constipation. Cindy, a whining bitch about everything. This organization is nothing more than liars and sellouts protected by Bettman. Regardless of whatever happens on monday, Cindy needs to get off the ice on a stretcher. Too bad we don’t have the guy to get the job done. The NHL is a joke.

140. Marty says:

Seriously? Dude… Mind games are played by all teams, including the Habs. Lets not turn “the good old hockey game” into political bull $h!t.

I get enough of that from the Quebec government.

141. Rainrocket16 says:

Quit reading about the game in the Pittsburgh newspaper and watch a game already! And don’t watch it on versus!

142. Aaron13 says:

The Pens were unimperssive and once again, the refs allowed the Pens to get away with infractions that were blatant – hold and interference.

143. BJ says:

Great effort by our team. Fleury looked good but will be beaten in game 6. Looking at the Pens faces last night compared to game 1 and the start of game 2, the difference being as great as Mickey Rourque 20 years ago and what he looked like in the Wrestler. These guys are losing their shine and do not look like a confident team. Win game six and cave in the Igloo/Mellon Arena in the Pens final game there.

144. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Hal Gill will be a big lost “IF” he cannot go for game 6? I did not see the game or the last game. But Monday night I will see it for sure!!! How did Gill  get injuried in the 1st place. Was it accidental or could it have been avoided by Knuitz? Its time to rally and get behind our habs by forcing a game 7. These guys shows a lot of heart and do not understand the word “QUIT”. GO GET EM BOYS!!! Go Habs Go!!! Believe!!! Believe!!!

145. sholi2000.com says:

MAF was great, the pens played hard and shut them down all night. The last minute was really exciting.  It’s fun because they almost pulled it off.  I can’t believe how important those saves Fluery made early were crucial to the game. Oh I feel good about game six, our fans will help us win that one.  Please Spacek and Markov, come back, we’re dyin here :)

They Call Me Shane

146. Slovak says:

GOOD NEWS:

-Halak is the real deal, even if he has no luck and does not have his best game – you can count on him again and again

-Plekanec will wake up in game 6 – coach should consider changes inside formations to give him some boost

-Montreal is a never give up team – they finally found their identity – its huge how they battle till the end

-For me as a abroad fan – Montreal is THE TEAM that is best to watch – they don’t complain, their eyes remain focused even if it seems nearly impossible to change the result because they are being outplayed badly many times…

IF IT IS ANY OTHER TEAM I WOULD SAY THE BATTLE IS LOST – BUT MONTREAL IS LIKE SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YOU ALREADY MADE ME BELIEVE IT IS POSSIBLE TO EARN MIRACLES!

147. Danno says:

Any news on Hal Gill and is it true that Makov might play Monday?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

148. LizardKing1967 says:

Hal Gill has “possible” lacerated tendon in back of calf, as just reported on Sportsnet. They went on to say that they hope that is not the case, and will report any “official” news from Habs camp when they get it.

to Slovak: “this is not madness, THIS IS SPARTA!”

Jim-out. I BELIEVE!

149. mr.a. says:

habs chances of winning this series have increased dramatically. Why? because it seems like noskill gill will be out with an injury. gill had a great series against washington because washington kept shooting the puck right at him. although he’s stopped a few pucks against the pens, he has shown many of his weaknesses. he still can’t skate, never wins his battles against the boards, opposing players are going around him with relative ease, etc… he is of no use to his team when his team falls behind and needs to score.he is a big reason for the pens having such a great PP percentage. he has either been on the ice when they scored or in the penalty box. the habs unknowingly got a huge break because of gill’s going down. subban and co. give the habs a much better chance of taking this series.

150. habs4_25th says:

JM needs to pull an early powerline to set the tone…

Cammy-Gomer- Gio for the first couple of shifts to get them going and catch pittsburg right off the start.

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be it yours to hold high.”

151. Chris B. says:

After reading this post the only conclusion I can come up with is that you have been watching some other series.

152. Psycho29 says:

I saw in your profile that your name is dumhockeyfan.

Nuff Said

153. SPATS says:

We are limping to the finish line. Our hearts get stronger while our bodies get weaker. The best we can hope for is to win in 7 – again. It won’t leave much in the tank, but it’s do or die now. It there is someway for Gill, Markov, and Spacek to suit up, Even if it’s for very short shifts, Dress all Dmen and roll 3 lines with Metro& MAB as rovers. Put AK and Benny (sorry dude but you have lost 1/2 a step) upstairs. No passengers. Just leaders please.

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

154. sholi2000.com says:

If he can walk he can skate lol, it’s the playoffs

They Call Me Shane

155. Willy the bum says:

I’m so amazed to see all the optimism after the crucial loss, it is all because of the new Habs pushing as far as it can goes.

In Game 6, if the Habs lose it won’t matter, they’ll be proud to pull the final curtain in front of the fans, and we the fans are glad to have such team that will not back down and never give up, putting the “biggest” teams in frustration and desperation.  This should be the year we should remember by for a while.

We hope to sign almost the same players for next year, and once it will happen they will go farther than ever.

Go Habs, onto Game 6… all-or-nothing!!!

156. MontrealAtheist says:

The biggest problem that the team has is discipline (or the lack thereof). Pittsburgh is deadly on the PP and very difficult to shut down, yet we gave away 3 unnecessary penalties and sure enough, they capitalized on the first PP they got.

In order to pull off another miracle on Monday (and then Wednesday) they will need to learn to control themselves better, refrain from fighting and use their brains before acting on basic instincts that date back to the dawn of mankind.

Even a single penalty is one too many against this Pittsburgh team.

157. Slovak says:

Did you see Mario’s face last night… he wasn’t smiling at all, I bet he was scared and I think he realizes that Pens just got lucky last game…as I said it before – they did the same thing as usually and got lucky something went in… but is this enough for being champions??? Oh come on, I doubt it and Mario doubts it too…

SHOW THEM HELL no matter who wins 6th game – just show them what it means to play like champions and we will see what will be the outcome…

COME ON MONTREAL COME ON

158. 4loorplay says:

Try turning on the TV and watch the game..You must be listening to a radio

159. terrygain says:

Roll 3 lines! You’ve got to be kidding. One of the things Martin did well last night was to play 4 lines in the first period. You think that a team that can’t score should sit two of its most gifted offensive players! Nonsense. Pouliot did nothing to deserve benching last night. He was skating hard and mixing it up. The stupid coach, who has exhausted his top two centres by using them as penalty killers all year, apparently needs a whipping boy.

Even though he overpaid for Hamrlik, BGL and Spacek, Gainey  has assembled a core group  of players who can win. But the Habs need a couple of policemen and a coach who has a clue if they are to advance deep into the playoffs.

160. DavidKB says:

I have slammed Gill all year, but have eaten crow since the the last few regular season games. Without Gill les boys would have been done long ago.

161. terrygain says:

Sarcasm does not work on sports blogs.

162. dallyd31 says:

You have just shown how little you actually know about hockey.  Gill and Gorges have been the ultimate shutdown pair and Gill has been one of the Hbas best ( and key) dmen in the playoffs….not to mention his leadership.  Without Gill, we probably lose in 5 to the Caps

He did the same when he won the cup last year.

163. W35T5ID3 says:

For Game 6 we need all our horses in the lineup and firing on all cylinders.That means PLAYING andrei kostytsin and his lil bro sergei….maybe put em on a line together…i dunno but we need em both.That means Pleks must perform……hes been invisible of late…..That means we all must play our ‘A’ game and hope the hockey gods are with us for another comeback in round 2 ……I believe.Do you?

164. W35T5ID3 says:

i agree with your assessment of last nights game dude.

165. W35T5ID3 says:

I agreee,the ref’n stinks like a smelly old tampon but i’m sick of arguing and hearing about the reffing.Theres nothing we can do about it.Lets just prove em all wrong by winning this series and overcoming the odds.

166. W35T5ID3 says:

<<<These are not my real teeth.

167. Aaron13 says:

The problems is that Martin doesn’t open his mouth to the refs.

168. dudurules says:

2 more minutes in that game and the habs would have won… crap timing all around… still alive and the Pens are gunna sweat in game 7

169. derfab says:

What is encouraging is that the Penguins are really not that good. Just like Washington, they are one player better than us if that guy shows up.

Malkin, admittedly,  is scary but couldn’t finish last night.

Crosby has not been a factor yet, except perhaps for faceoffs.

If Fleury doesn’t stop the shots he did last night, he’s an AHL goalie.

The habs just couldn’t get it done because they waited too long, again, to mount an attack.

The D needs to pinch more often and a forward has to get closer to the puck on dumps.

170. punkster says:

And who says comedy is dead.

FEEL THE PRIDE!

171. Shublips says:

Again, I was not impressed by the Pens.  They looked slow and tired.  The Habs did not get enough bodies to the net and did not win battles to loose pucks and rebounds.

THAT is why they lost and not just because Fleury was great.  Habs made his life easy!

Habs can win, Monday and force Game Seven. Go Habs Go!

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

172. backchec says:

2009 article from toptenz.net

”In Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, the Pittsburgh Penguins boast two of
    the best young players in the NHL today. Crosby, especially, draws a
    lot of attention and comparisons to former greats Wayne Gretzky and
    Mario Lemieux. In 2008, they won the Atlantic Division and tore through
    the Eastern Conference playoffs, reaching the Stanley Cup finals, where
    they lost to the Detroit Red Wings. So why do people love to hate them?
    Hype, for one thing. Critics feel all the attention given to Crosby,
    Malkin and goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury is undeserved. It isn’t just
    that, however. As they went through the NHL playoffs in 2008, fans of
    opposing teams cried foul that the Penguins were whiners and cheap shot
    artists, bellyaching after every hit while retaliating with dirty hockey
    of their own. It is this air of hypocrisy that has spread among hockey
    fans everywhere, making the upstart Penguins the preferred target of
    their wrath in the modern-day NHL.” Report<br />
this comment!

173. crabvader says:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeew!

Hope you didn’t see Josh Koscheck in UFC 113…

Club 7.

Koscheck has a bigggggggg target painted on his back.

174. habsfansince91 says:

he’s just asking to get jumped by a mob of habs fans.

175. Marty says:

First report said Markov had ACL damage/tear. You don’t travel with the team if that were true. So what’s the story with Markov? The REAL story?

We won’t know cause they don’t want the Pen’s to know. It’s all part of the game…

176. crabvader says:

Who gives a damn. Saying Staal got tendon surgery is a huge slap in the face to players like Markov, who actually had to go through rehab to come back from that.

It’s not political bull. It’s disrespect to players and complete crap.

177. crabvader says:

The HABS organization NEVER said that. It was the radio.

178. HNS says:

Markov traveled to support the team. It’s not as if he played. Pens are classless. Like the year they let Fleury rot in net to stink it up in front of their fans for a chance at the draft lottery. That would not happen in Montreal.

179. MTLForever says:

technically, markov can play with the injury that is claimed. you can play with that injury before surgery, my sister did for a bit. just drug him up.

180. Shublips says:

Oh man, needless to say that Markov being back in the lineup would be bigger than big!  Enormous for the impotent Habs power play that has been firing blanks since he went down in Game 1.

It was interesting to see him walking, without crutches or assistance, and caryring his own bag.  Maybe the injury is not as bad as we orginally thought.

Who knows.  Either way, that Habs have to pull out a huge win tonight whether he’s in the lineup or not!

181. habsguy says:

I don’t know about last game,  but I thought they scored a PP goal in every game so far ??

182. tricolore says:

I can’t help but think that this is the one that gets away and for no good reason. I think the Habs have been competitive enough, yet with no finishing. It’s hard to say something negative about players that have delivered very well thus far, but you can tell that Camm, Gionta, and Gomez and fighting the puck and having trouble getting ahead. It’s night’s like tonight that you want some other players taking charge and leading. AK, Pouliot are obvious. Even Pleks seems to have slowed down. Anyhow, still lots of hockey to be played. There is a game six in Montreal on Monday.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

183. crabvader says:

I mean I understand it’s just a bad guy act… but damn, dude… you can’t throw the Habs into the equation like that… Low blow.

No matter, GSP is gonna SMOKE this SOB.

Now I’m sort of glad Daley threw that shot after the fight.

184. homerbowen says:

Why all the secrecy about Markov’s injury? Does anyone think whether he appears on the ice or not will in any way impact the Pens players or strategy? It’s not like he is the greatest defenceman that ever laced on skates. If it is an ACL injury he should not play. If he’s there as a cheerleader then just say so.

185. 4loorplay says:

Its offical…my magic 8 ball says Markov gonna play tonight

186. ari says:

i just hope they finish the pits in montreal, i have no more nerve to see game 7

187. ari says:

188. slapshot777 says:

I don’t know about anyone else, but a lot of the hits could really be considered charging. I mean if you look at the Pens all you can see is a Pens player skating full speed at a habs player. The puck has been passed off and they still go flying into the man. I know you have to finish you check, but a lot of them it seems this period are boarderline.

I wonder what the penalties are going to be called for that little scrum at the end of the first.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

189. arrow says:

WE OWN GAME 6 & 7. Cindy & Gina will cry to the end!

Time for the guys with HEART to step forward!

Cammi, Gorges, Gio, Gill (I hope you are ok), Halak, Pleks, Gomez, Lapierre, Hamrlik, Moore, Moen, OB, MAB, AK
    SK(I Wish) Pyatt, Darche, and the guy with the biggest heart PK SUBBAN!

I hope I didn’t forget anybody!
    P.S. It would be nice to see Markov or Spacek next game!

GO HABBS GO

190. SeriousFan09 says:

Ryan White’s got 20 stitches in his face and has assisted on the game-tying and go-ahead goals for the Hamilton Bulldogs, who are now leading 3-2 in a comeback over the Abbotsford Heat looking to break a 2-2 series deadlock, in the 3rd period there.

He’s the perfect fit for an energy line next season, White, Moen, Moore,
    Lapierre, Pyatt for next season and hopefully a transplanted Andreas Engqvist

Dogs end it 5-2, David Desharnais and Ryan Russell score EN goals for insurance.

They can end it Monday Night.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

191. crabvader says:

WOW!

Shogun knocking out the champ.

It’s the Habs turn next to replicate the effort!

192. pmaraw says:

thanks a lot jack@ss

seriously, i ask nicely not to ruin it on your previous belcher post.  and here you are again, I come here to discuss habs and you blab the results of the ufc

193. Treefingers says:

How sweet would it be coming home up 3-2?

194. MontrealAtheist says:

How sweet would it be to be up 4-2 after Monday’s game?

195. gp52 says:

i hope the officiating is better

196. alestar says:

Not sure that it could possible be worse…unless the refs show up on the ice in Pens shirts with sticks in their hands…

XXIV…and counting

197. slapshot777 says:

I thought for sure that I would have seen Markov tonight.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

198. tricolore says:

If he does have a torn ACL, he’s done for the rest of the playoffs.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

199. SeriousFan09 says:

Sharks have sent the Wings to the Golf Course.

Guess it falls to Mr. Toews and the Hawks now, once they finish with Vancouver, which I am confident they will.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

200. gp52 says:

montreal hockey hasn’t been this exciting in 17 years.

201. Habs4ever Fan says:

Did Markov skate today and is he playing? Anyone??? Bueller? Bueller?

202. jimmy shaker says:

Save Ferris!

Shaker

203. MTLForever says:

rewatched kunitz step on gil…looked a little like it was on purpose?

204. gp52 says:

i thoughr the same thing

205. terrygain says:

Nonsense.  Just because this is a sports blog doesn’t mean you have to talk like an idiot.

206. alestar says:

It’d be awesome to have Markov in the line up, but if he’s still hurt…don’t rush him back!

XXIV…and counting

207. crabvader says:

Seriously? Buy ppv ya damn bum and stop being a dick.

I didn’t see your post so I sincerely apologize.

Calling me a jackass is low and completely pathetic.

208. tricolore says:

Dear AK46 and Pouliot,

Feel free to join the playoffs at your earliest convenience. Thanks and have a great evening.

At least, I know AK had a hat trick vs. the Caps, be it in a losing cause. Come back, please!

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

209. newbrunswick troy says:

Hey Tro colore..thats hillarious,cause i just said the same God Damn thing…but i said a whole lot of potty words as i said it!!!

210. Xtrahabsfan says:

I guarantee Halak will shut out those pukes next game!

211. MontrealAtheist says:

The problem is that with JM you never know … He might pull a Bob Gainey and put Price in nets again.

212. WindsorHab-10 says:

Despite the loss we should all be very proud of tonight’s effort. Halak was great & Fleury was the difference. I sure hope our unsung hero Gill is ok for game 6. If Markov & Spacek are able to play then it’s icing on the cake.

Pouliot & Kostitsyn need to wake up & contribute.

213. terrygain says:

How do you expect Pouliot to contribute when he plays 6 minutes? He didn’t deserve to be benched. Montreal has a stupid coach who thinks we can win with 3 lines. We can’t.

214. Habs_Fan_1 says:

Andrei Kostitsyn… the most useless bag of mostly water in existence.

215. tricolore says:

He’s too sporadic. We got rid of his baby brother, now time to get rid of him. At least Pouliot throws some hits and seems to be trying. I wish the could bring Trotter and Deharnais up from Hamilton. We’ll be much better next year for sure.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

216. alaskan_king_crab_gomez says:

AGREE!!!! He just stands there most of the time and has his stick parallel and barely moves. Sick of him!

217. slapshot777 says:

Pouliot not doing any better. 22 seconds, I believe was his ice time in the third. If we only got a couple of goals from each of them in this series, it would make a difference.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

218. MontrealAtheist says:

Yeah he did, but it always works for him, so why should he be motivated to change?

219. Rainrocket16 says:

Ok, I have calmed down..I am very happy with the Habs and always have been in these playoffs. These Refs arent the only reason we are losing this series, but they sure are a part of it. We all know what needs to be done, we have been with our backs to the wall, we can beat these ugly SOB’s. They think they are the best team, we shall see, its easy when the entire NHL has designed the playoffs around Sid the annoying whine-*** pre-pubescent nut sack Kid. But we aren’t beaten. When monday comes and IF we end up losing, It will never change the way I felt this post season, It has been a long time since we could cheer for a Habs TEAM!

Kill these flightless bird bastards!!!

Doesn’t MALKIN look like a Retarded frankenstein? Staal looks like a redneck Leprechaun!

220. Clay4bc says:

insulting opposition players because of their looks is juvenile.

__________________________

221. tricolore says:

There must be some kind of vodoo evil spell on Crosby. He can’t even score on an open net. Fleury won this game for his team. The Habs were in this. We’ll take them in Montreal. It’s going to 7.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

222. Max_a_million says:

I don’t know, I actually think it is worse when they pretend to be impartial.

223. MTLForever says:

not an idiot, if you have seen it multiple times like I have, it looked a little suspicious.

224. pmaraw says:

I had to laugh, when Crosby missed the empty net, i bet he cried to the refs that someone moved the net.

225. Habs4ever Fan says:

He did cry…..

226. habs99 says:

haha!  That’s my facebook message now..hope you dont mind me stealing your line!

227. slapshot777 says:

I was laughing at him when PK pushed him down and he got up and pleaded to the refs. What a whinner.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

228. pmaraw says:

who?  Pouliot?  Sorry Bugs.

229. habsguy says:

you’re such a knob!!!!

230. punkster says:

Who says comedy is dead.

FEEL THE PRIDE!

231. TripleX says:

Pouliot throws hits?????  Must be my new tv because I somehow missed those crunching body blows.

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

232. pmaraw says:

he threw one that i saw, it was a good hit to.

233. pmaraw says:

not at all lol!

234. Habs_Fan_1 says:

You’re absolutely right!

235. tricolore says:

Compliments to the Habs who have caused the defending champs to make changes to their line-up. The pressure is certainly on the Pens to deliver. Stand tall Habs! Be firm.

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

236. tricolore says:

More ignorance from the refs. Wouldn’t want Crosby out of the playoffs would we?

Lafleur, coming out rather gingerly on the right side.

237. habbyone says:

Wow. A lot of floaters on this team especially with the series on the line

238. newbrunswick troy says:

I wonder if silently the team is going into conserve energy mode…and giving up on this game..if so let Halak have a rest and send the 3rd and 4th lines out to wear done Crosby , Malk-man