Round 2, Game 3: Malkin awakens for Penguins

Canadiens goalie Jaroslav Halak gets out of the way as teammates Brian Gionta and Hal Gill crash the net Tuesday night. Pierre Obendrauf, The Gazette

Preview | Matchups | Tuesday’s NHL schedule | Boone’s Game Blog and About last night … | Stubbs on Twitter | Hickey’s game story | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

AUDIO: Brian Gionta | Mike Cammalleri | Hal Gill | Josh Gorges | Dan Bylsma | Jacques Martin | Sidney Crosby

Evgeni Malkin’s power-play goal 1:16 into the third period was the difference in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinal between the Canadiens and Pittsburgh Penguins, who won 2-0 to grab a 2-1 lead in the series.

The Canadiens had a chance to tie the game late in the period, but Marc-André Fleury robbed Michael Cammalleri to protect his shutout.

Pascal Dupuis scored into an empty-net goal to seal the victory for Pittsburgh.

Game 4 of the series goes Thursday night at the Bell Centre.

It was a goalless but exciting first period between the Canadiens
and Piitsburgh Penguins in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference semifinal
on Tuesday night.

Montreal held the Penguins to only three shots on Jaroslav Halak, but they also fired only seven times on Marc-André Fleury.

The Canadiens also hit at least two posts, including one by Maxim Lapierre near the end of the first 20 minutes.

It was a different story in the second period, with the Penguins outshooting the Canadiens 13-3, but still unable to beat Halak.

1. SLONCOLD says:

well a sparin is a grade 1 tear kinda thing. draining fluid from the knee joint area is a health concern along with freezing it up, i know this is teh playoffs but being through 1 knee reconstruction, i wouldn’t want to see markov rush back and risk his health, not so much for his career but for his own quality of living kinda thing. more to life than just hockey sometimes

2. KenD29 says:

Skating, but not in full player’s gear.
    Guess he’s testing out how it feels before any further decision.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

3. habs4_25th says:

Hey Ed nice profile pic!!

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be it yours to hold high.”

4. mike g says:

I hope it’s just a sprain…usually you can resume skating and exercise 5 days later, following some freezing needles of course..

But that comes with being in the playoffs

5. SeriousFan09 says:

That would be about the most miraculous recovery from a tendon injury in the history of modern medicine, I’m calling it BS and gamesmanship by the Pens. They want the team to worry about Staal when he’ll have no more impact on the game than the Fan of the Game.

6. SLONCOLD says:

if he was done for the year why not just announce it?

ligament injuries in the knee don’t require mri for a diagnosis. Displacement of the tibia in either lateral or forward motion will show/determine the injury.

Fingers crossed maybe it’s a bone bruise with some meniscus damage. but even a deep bone bruise to the knee cap can sideline yu for weeks…

7. Bugs says:

Still Russian far as I know.

Superfluously redundant, I remain

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant-Director of St-Habbie’s Hospital for the Blind, Head Physician of Neuroflannelogy Unit, and Occupational Therapist in Habsbros Emergency Ward: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

8. Bugs says:

Something tells me you’ve heard of’m, mate.

Why else would you enquire about it?

9. Jbird says:

Brilliant Mike – you called it.  I’m sure you feel great about this ;-)  God Damn that guy is Iron Man

10. Bugs says:

We need some big bodybuilder types to dress up as smurfs, equip themselves with soda cans with the Pens effigy on’em, and CRUSH’EM with looks of unbridled rage on their faces.

11. Jbird says:

WTF indeed -

12. ed lopaz says:

Habs hockey = Smart hockey we work as a team, and we win as a team. we play 5 man defence – not just 2. we play with energy, we play with Subban in Markov’s place (for now) – Pk could have been with us since the Olympics, but nevermind that

Staal had MINOR corrective surgery on some tendons in the front of his foot / leg.

It was not related to his Achilles, as first reported.

I had heard that he would resume skating, and he’s day to day.

If we can slow down Crosby and Malkin, we probably have the right system to slow down Staal. :-)

I’m not worried.

13. Habscore says:

Aaahh..what the heck, alright. Let`s do this! :D lol

– YES HABS CAN!! –

14. Say Ash says:

Anybody seen fans dressed as smurfs at a game yet?

15. SlovakHab says:

Who’s Slovie? A new HI/O member I haven’t heard of?

B.Burke is building the Bruins through the draft.

16. Corio says:

Jordan Staal skating Team 990 reporting!  Not in equipment but skating!  wtf!

17. KenD29 says:

Being reported that Staal IS in fact skating on the Bell centre ice this morning! Not in equipment though.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

18. SlovakHab says:

That’s exactly the way the Capitals looked at us, and the Penguins might be right now.

Everything is possible.. Even getting throught Penguins in a 7-game series and then losing to Bruins or Flyers in the next round. It’s the playoffs. A different level of hockey.

19. mike g says:

Please tell me that is not a joke….somehow prove to me it is 100% correct and I’ll jump off my chair here at work!

And, I’ll buy you a bottle of whiskey, fcuk the beer lol…

20. Bugs says:

Ovechkin weighs in on Habs in postseason. “I think in the regular season and in the playoffs, it was two different teams. You feel like, ‘Jesus what happened to these guys?”

Smurf Power, baby, that’s what happened.

21. KenD29 says:

And Lucic is an even BIGGER speed bump so far in the playoffs!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

22. Sambaguio says:

My long time idol Roy said of my current idol Halak:

“The ultimate test was when he was pulled; he did not start Game 4 against Washington. Even me, to be honest with you, I’d be rattled,” explained Roy. “I don’t know if I could have bounced back for Game 5.”

“I’m very impressed the way he has dealt with the situation with Price, and he responded really well in Games 5, 6, and 7,” Roy said. “That is the part that impressed me the most. Yes, he won those games, but being able to come back and perform at the level is something you don’t see.”

——————————————
    Halak is beaming right now, “Look, Gainey, I’m the REAL number 1. Your so-called ‘thoroughbred’ is sitting on the bench.”

23. Habscore says:

Like I wrote below in another post

”If ever we eliminate the Pens, part of me would really  want them to do it in less than 7 games to save `some` energy for the next round, but at the same time, I would not want them to relax too much and lose their momentum through 3 or 4 days off. ”

– YES HABS CAN!! –

24. HabFanSince72 says:

It certainly sounds right.

25. Off-side says:

I’ve been positive all year while everyone complained.  I was positive when I really shouldn’t have been.  I believed.  For some reason, I believed.  And now?  Now, I’M scared!  Now YOU all believe and I think we’re going to loose to the Pens.  I’m scared and I really hate thinking this way.  Somebody, PLEASE help me!!!!

26. KenD29 says:

Bet you a beer Mario Lemieux is going to lace em up to replace Staal !!   LOL !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

27. Sambaguio says:

Boston is a big speed bump. That Rask guy is in the zone. I hope Philly wins. PLEASE!!

——————————————

28. KenD29 says:

Reported on TEAM990 that Staal will not be in any games this series!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

29. KenD29 says:

Reported that the knee was to swollen to make any conclusion. If that is in fact true, pretty good chance he is done for this year and will require surgery.

PK has done very well in his absence!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

30. Sambaguio says:

Hahaha.. im sure girls would dig that.

——————————————

31. lavie says:

I said Habs in 5 downstairs. We should finish it earlier to have a good rest, then smash those Bears (most likely).

32. mike g says:

Could be, but….

I’ll bet you a beer he will be back in this series…lol.

33. namgel says:

Who ever wins this series is guaranteed a Finals Berth.

I don’t see Boston or Philly as more than a speed bump.

Coach Martin say’s one…..one little forward…two….two lit..

34. Habby2CU says:

I hope anyone who is going to tonight’s game has as great of an experience as I did for Game 6 vs. Caps: http://wingnight.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/home-ice-advantage/

This is why it’s so awesome to be a Habs fan! (and why the Pens will be completely out of their element!)

35. Jbird says:

Like a mascot.  Cool.  Hope you are right.

36. Jbird says:

Hoping for serious injuries is seems lame to me . . . . but I really hope you are wrong.

In the NFL correctly reporting all injuries is mandatory, in the NHL making stuff like this up is allowed and It would be a brilliant move by the Pens . . .  scary for us if Stall is back.

37. Sambaguio says:

Habs in 5 anyone? I predicted Habs in 6 but Habs in 5 is okay too. Do you believe?

——————————————

38. Corio says:

I read and heard from good sources that he did indeed have surgery to repair the tendon, so ya I call BS.  He traveled with the team because he is part of the team.. period.

39. mike g says:

That’s what I think happened..

The initial thaught was probably a torn tendon in his foot that required surgery. When they got to the hospital, maybe they saw that there was no inner damage, and that no surgery was required. Could have just been a deep cut…

That’s the only scenerio that would justify such a quick return. And it’s probably what happened.

40. Xtrahabsfan says:

Go Habs GO!

41. ed lopaz says:

Francois Gagnon reported that HE HIMSELF WAS TOLD BY HABS PLAYERS IN THE ROOM, that Sergei absolutely does not care about the team.

Gagnon is a reporter who has covered NHL hockey for years.

He covers the Habs daily – every game home or away. He is at every practice.

Also does special feature “a la une” between first and second periods of every habs game (televised on RDS)

Gagnon was interviewed by AM 990 from 8;00 to 8:30 this morning – here in montreal.

42. mike g says:

Yah, but NBC should still rightfully decide when we play afternoon games with 1 1/2 days rest….

(sigh)

43. Jbird says:

We are supposed to feel good today lavie.  Come on.

44. Habscore says:

LOLOL!! Like the ending.

– YES HABS CAN!! –

45. Jbird says:

. . . . or he never had surgery at all.   Good point.

Taken from this article.

…the six Canadian NHL teams account for about 35 percent of total league
    revenues.

47. idle says:

Subban?…  Oh you mean Slice

It’s a MAB MAB world.

48. Jbird says:

Unless Stall is superhuman, on lots of hybrid steroids or he received treatment from a magician and not a surgeon this is BS.   I’m with you, it’s a lame attempt to get JM to do something

49. mike g says:

Nope.

But I’ll guarantee you he’s not back for this series at least. It’s been 4 full days since he was hurt, and there is no diagnosis or an Andrei Markov on skates…

That’s not a positive sign. Sounds like ligaments, or in a timeframe vocabulary; see you next year.

50. thebonscott says:

if tampa were to buy out vinny lecav, they would have to pay him til 2030, if chicago were to buyout duncan keith, they would have to pay him til the year 2036 that is crazy

51. thebonscott says:

52. Habscore says:

– YES HABS CAN!! –

53. lord stanley 2010 says:

Lord stanley, lord stanley, here we come!

i can’t wait to see this city on fire! We can expect last wednesday’s celebrations x 2 if ever we beat these pitiful pens!!!

54. Bugs says:

Slovie posted this video yesterday. Worth a repeat. It’s a riff off the “Whaazaaaap” commercial but with “Halak”.

Very funny. The climax is to die for.

55. mike g says:

It could be a tactic….Or maybe they lied about the injury all along, and he never got surgery.

Who knows, all I know is that when this BS starts being thrown around it means that Stall is coming back very soon. It may not be tonight, but it means that he will be back in this series….

And no matter what, that sucks for us. He was supposed to be out for the year. I don’t wish injuries upon anyone. But if an injury by chance happens to the opposition, I want it to last. Kind of the same way we always have to deal with Markov’s injuries. Other teams always benefit from our injuries, it would be nice to taste that a little bit..

56. adam76 says:

Any word on Markov?

57. dudurules says:

Fromage

58. Corio says:

I think that is BS, the type of injury he had cannot be healed that quickly.  He had surgery on it.  This is most likely a tactic to force JM into making last minute adjustements to his lineup.

59. Habscore says:

Mehh! Spacek also made the trip to Pitts, didn`t he?

– YES HABS CAN!! –

60. Mad Habber says:

Yes he should fear the cookie cutter…

61. MontrealAtheist says:

Just imagine taking a 3-1 series lead after these two home games … How great would that be? Go Habs go !!!

62. lavie says:

The Kid’s feet will be shaking when seeing Subban. At least he tries to keep distance to Subban’s skate.

63. idle says:

I would like the Habs to win tonight.

It’s a MAB MAB world.

64. Ton says:

shut out for the habs one of the two games,  the other will be a overtime game. we will win one i hoping two.

65. mike g says:

Alright, I don’t want to ruin this beautiful day but…..

According to RDS, Jordan Stall made the trip to Montreal and chances are he will be back in the lineup tonight for the Pens.

Check it out for yourselves, it’s in RDS.CA’s main CH story.

TABARNACK!

66. thebonscott says:

i love this team, can’t wait for tonight, also in the offseason we trade 2 kosts and price and buy out or trade hamrlik, and acquire too sizeable forwards, and play pk subban the whole frickin season and we get even better, maybe bobby g really knew what he was doin, go habs go

67. mike g says:

They really are the best

68. coachdoug says:

I used to think the Bud light guys had the best commercials…and they have some great ones…but the boys at Dos Equis are pure genius…The latest one when he comes out of the ice fishing hole with two fish in his longjohns is awesome…there is no end to it…

“Save us Turtleneck Man…We need you now more than ever!”

69. mike g says:

Awsome stuff, lol…You can even use:

The “System” once had a staring contest with a mirror. After 4 days, the “System” won.

70. jimmy shaker says:

I’ll drink 6 Dos Equis to that and a boilermaker to top it off!

Cheers!

Shaker

71. lavie says:

Jonathan Roy’s new album: Found My Way.

72. coachdoug says:

In the spirit of Dos Equis Commercials and at Dave’s request: A beer ode to the much maligned “System”for good luck..Cue the music…

“The World’s Most Interesting System”

If the “System” gave you directions, you would arrive 10 minutes early.

The “System” once had an awkward moment to see what it would feel like…

The “System” is left handed..and right handed

The “System’s” charisma can be seen from outer space

The “System” would show it’s feminine side…if it had one

the “System” was once found guilty, of being innocent.

When the “System” wakes up the roses smell him.

The “Systems” bear hugs are actually hugs it gives to bears.

The “System” lives life vicariously through itself.

The”System” once taught a dog how to bark…in Russian.

“My friends…the Habs don’t always score a lot of goals but when they win…it’s the “System”

Stay thirsty HIOers!

“Save us Turtleneck Man…We need you now more than ever!”

73. lavie says:

CTV Canada am. No. 33 said Habs would win the series.

74. dudurules says:

I honestly thought the Habs would be down two games going into tonight…. this team keeps surprising alot of people and i think this is their series to win… it’s so similar to the caps series it’s sick… crybaby and malkin suck nuts when they get all pissy… p.k. and gill and company are doing great at getting under their skin… just keep this up and they’ll win… i think what happens throughout the season is the habs play to the potential of their opponent… come playoffs, they play very well and show they are where they belong. having said that, GO  HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE TWO AT HOME…

75. sprague cleghorn says:

Yikes!   Take your monkey’s paw and go home.

76. ArmyFan says:

I’ll agree he does play risky, no argument there.  But how does one define “too risky”?  If you don’t take chances (especially the guys with the talent to do it), you won’t create chances.

I guess the only way to measure it is to see how often a guy gets caught.  Time will tell with P.K. – the jury’s still out, I guess.

Cheers

77. nunacanadien says:

Where’s all those Price fans who also praised Bob Gainey the morning after we defeated Pittsburgh? Where ya all at now?  Come on, please illustrate again why Gainey did such a great job assembling this bunch of offensive smurfs……where ya all at?

78. nunacanadien says:

79. Habsforlife 1959 says:

That was a brutal call at the end of the 2nd period. They all should of went off for minor scrimmages. But no, the REFS called LeTang and Georges instead. With the teams best two D on the PK sitting in the penalty box while the Pens enjoyed a 2 minute PP. That was the difference in the game tonight.

I agree that Malkin and Crosby should been in the box too with Gionta and Gomez. Crosby started the scrum and gets nothing. Keep er going boys!!! I wonder will the Pens have Jordan Staal back for game 4?

80. Dee says:

What is it with BABY LA LA #87 always yapping to the refs.No penalty for him.He should be in Hollywood he is such a actor! Bettman’s golden boy.

Habs Fan 4 Ever & Ever Amen.

81. Drive_For_25 says:

You’re a phuckin moron.   These “smurfs” have allowed only 1 goal in 5 of their last 6 games.  IDIOT!  Can’t the powers that be block this guy or something??  Hate reading this shit.

82. DavidKB says:

I haven’t seen much evidence over the past two years of the team being success when they get involved in the rough stuff – a good reason for getting rid of Laroque.

Gotta give them credit for the effort, but Gionta vs Malkin? With his sweater over his head, Gionta looked comical, not intimidating.

Too many penalties, got off their game, can’t go down that road again.

83. nunacanadien says:

I didn’t realize we signed Gomez and Gionta to do defense, I thought we signed these smurfs so they could get a cup for us, or at least that is what Gainey said they had “cup experience”.  We all saw Gill and Cammy step up, same with Pleks, in fact the Habs have been great defensively mostly, except for the invisible defense who are they now, I can name Gill and Gorges, but really JM’s response to a failed small defense lineup is to have the whole team block shots.  That’s great when players like Malkin decide to shoot, but not so great when players like Malkin decide to skate with the puck.

84. W35T5ID3 says:

GAME 4:  – - – Jacques Martin:       YOUR MOVE.

85. Sambaguio says:

Halak can’t score. Markov is indeed a great loss. Sure Subban has talent but plays so risky and susceptible to bad turnovers.

——————————————

86. nunacanadien says:

Pittsburgh turned the tables on us, and Gomez and Gionta woke them up with their stupid penalties.  When if Gomez going to find out you dont’ wake up their sniper!  Pittsburgh shut us down last nite.  Halak was great.  What did not help was the stupid penalties!  And most of all no shots on their net of any quality!  It was like watching the Habs from just after christmas!

87. Thomas Le Fan says:

Malkin and Crosby should both have been in the box to start the third. Instead they’re out on the PP with our best PK defencemen serving two apiece. How the hell a referee could look at that scrum at the end of the second and not penalize Crosby and Malkin and somehow sent Gorges and Letang off will remain an effing mystery to me. I would have sent everyone on the ice off for two minutes. Yeah, stupid me.

88. Shublips says:

Habs margin for error is razor thin and if your goalie let’s in one goal and you lose the game, it’s because you have some offensive problems.

For the Habs to be successful they HAVE TO capitalize on the few scoring chances that they get.  If they can’t, like last night, they lose.

They need to get more bodies to the net and pick up on secondary scoring chances.  They had almsot none last night and need to have people picking up the rebounds.

I’m still not impressed by the Pens. They are VERY beatable!  Go Habs Go!

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

89. Aaron13 says:

Hamrlik didn’t cover Crosby in front of the net on the Malkin goal. He was way out front, while Subban covered his man perfectly. What was Hamrlik thinking? Halak was completely screened. Thre Pens could have been taken but for this mistake. MAF was oustanding.

90. mark_13 says:

Lot of pressure now to win this next game.  Need to be more positive going forward, the idea is to score at the end of the day!  With only two guys who can finish, we need a lot more chances.  Hope they rush Staal back in, he can’t be anywhere near ready to go yet.

91. Shublips says:

Yep, Habs need more scoring chances and more shots. I think they can pull it off on Thursday, however. And despite everything, I am not impressed by the Pens.

We can take ‘em.

Habs Addict.com

on Facebook:

on Twitter:

on Hockeybuzz.com:

92. VintageFan says:

C’mon guys, the Pens only won because of the Man Advantage.  It’s a little disappointing that the man was Kevin Pollack, but…………………..

93. KenD29 says:

While you make a good point about the man advantage, the ref(s) could have called a few more against the Habs! Bergeron managed to get away with several cross checks. I also saw a couple that could have been called against the Pens too.

Bottom line, need to stay away from the after the play penalties (Gorges). As soon as Malkin scored the PP goal, he came to life!!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

94. KenD29 says:

Give him credit, Gionta stands in there unlike some of his teammates (Popgun 46, Pouliot!)

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

95. ArmyFan says:

Gotta call you out on that one – I don’t think I’ve seen Subban cause any turnovers.  Certainly not in his own end, and I can’t recall any in the neutral zone, either.  Plus that STELLAR second effort when he fell at the Pittsburgh blue line to “scoop” (not sure what you’d call it) the puck back in deep.

96. Sambaguio says:

That’s why I said he plays too risky. What if he was not able to ‘scoop’ that puck? Then it’s a sure breakaway.

——————————————

97. Sambaguio says:

The point is the Habs can’t score. When your goalie only allows one goal, you need to win.

——————————————

98. KenD29 says:

Here you go

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

99. jimbo82 says:

Yup team 990 just reported it. Torn ACL average time out is 6-9 months!

go habs go!

100. KenD29 says:

Here is the link re Markov

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

101. pov says:

Now that it’s confirmed that Markov has a torn ACL – right knee, is there still a chance he may be back in this series, if it goes 6 or 7 games?  Correct me if I’m wrong but didnt’ Gonchar play with a torn ACL last year in the playoffs… with a brace I believe?  Does it depend on the severity of the tear?  Any informed medical opinions on this?  Thanks!

“The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” Samuel Johnson

102. mike g says:

Recovery time for an ACL injury is always 6-9 months…..

Ciao Markov. I love you because you are great, but SERIOUSLY WTF BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!

103. mark_13 says:

We’ll split these two games, going to go to the wire again, they’re a harder working team than the Caps

104. SeriousFan09 says:

Tell that to Johan Franzen, happened at the start of the year and he was back in for the Olympics.

105. crabvader says:

But are they a harder working team than we are?

Doubtful.

I say we take both games at home.

106. pmaraw says:

please tell me its not 5on3 going into the 3rd

107. Jeff says:

Wah wah wah!

Shutout by Fluery!

“10 shots in 2 periods and they expect to win?”

Hobbit hockey.

Did U see the bobblehead Gionta in the skirmish with a real man, heh heh heh…

108. crabvader says:

If it is a TEAR in the ACL or MCL, you are looking at one of the worst but most common sports injuries.

Not a good sign at all.

109. lavie says:

As long as Halak is charged and loaded, 3-1 Habs lead before Game5.

110. SLONCOLD says:

but he let in a goal he must have been tired on the play

111. MontrealAtheist says:

Can’t blame Halak for this loss, he did his job … However, you can’t win a game if you don’t score !!!

112. pov says:

Team 990 just reported that another Penguin is hobbling, apparently Guerin is a game-time decision for tonite.

Could we catch a break here??

113. pov says:

Could we catch a break here??

114. GoalieT says:

I’m really getting a healthy hate-on for that cry baby, Crosby. I would love to hear the sissy crying he does in the dressing room between periods.

He sickens me. And it’s only Game #3. (sigh)

C’MON BOYS!!! CRANK IT UP!!!

Ultimate Die-Hard Since 1986. T.

115. BKAK72 says:

CROSBY is such a female genitalia. What an embarassment, so much talent overshadowed by his missing progesterone. — I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! –

116. dudurules says:

I concur… he takes pressure off the big two and is very effective on the pk.  i’m really hoping he’s done but just to be sure, finish this in 5 please.

117. pmaraw says:

that was some kinda dive IMO at the end of the 2nd

118. SeriousFan09 says:

Not a good sign, but a lot of players have recovered from ACL injuries. Markov still has one of the best sticks among NHL defencemen and very good hockey sense. If he loses some of his skating, it’s a loss but with Subban now around it’s an easier loss to take and his abilities just handling the puck aren’t exactly terrible.

Stay optimistic and other Canadiens have dealt with worse. Serge Savard had both of his legs nearly shattered and he still remained a top NHL defender for years after the injuries and that was in a much more primitive time for sports medicine.

119. Fansincebirth says:

Go finish him off PK!!!! jk jk jk :o)

120. Say Ash says:

Anybody see what happend to him?

121. badbalance says:

Umm no, Why is it, when we win, everyone is saying shit like ” Montreal in 5!”  JM is a genius, and when we lose,,,,, “Pittsburgh in 5″ “JM is an idiot” ” THis team is pathetic”

Just shut up, haters. We’re bouncing back and this series is just the beginning…

122. LeeFree says:

There’s your double standard for you… (the announcer) “the Pens have been complaining about it to the league” = Gill on Crosby behind the net. It took three games to call this NOW, after their phone call to the league. You can’t covince me otherwise that the score is refs 1 Habs 0. What a “”"crying shame”"” and an embarrassment to an otherwise entertaining series!

123. Habsone says:

This sucks!!!

Next page

125. habbyone says:

regardless of the reffs. we need to generate some shots on net!!

126. MontrealAtheist says:

Pittsburgh in 5.

127. habbyone says:

finally a pp. they needed to play like this in the 2nd and the first 10mins of the 3rd.

128. homerbowen says:

It appears that the smaller team is now being worn down by the larger team.

129. CaliforniaHabsFan says:

Ugh….. sucks

130. MontrealAtheist says:

What a great first period by the boys even though it took some bad luck not to score with all those chances !!!

131. slapshot777 says:

That’s getting really old. I thing you have ran your course with the same comment every damn night.

132. Mikey_39 says:

Were we watching the same game? They didn’t capitalize on the tons of chances they created for themselves and it bit them in the ass in the end.

133. SLONCOLD says:

well, it’s annoying when i bring it up now? lol

i’ll stop

134. slapshot777 says:

I guess Bettman had to make an appearance to get things in order for cry baby Crosby. If Crosby is so good, play through it. He is still not the player of a Lafleur. Lafleur, I never ever seen that guy whine and there was a great deal of holding, slashing, hooking and whatever you can think of, yet Lafleur played through it.

The greats of the past played through all the sh!t, didn’t go over to the ref every F&*king time after a whistle.

135. Caballero says:

yup, that’s what I saw. Gave it their all in the first to score first, then ran out of gas.

136. SLONCOLD says:

old age maybe?

137. SLONCOLD says:

“Depends on a partial or full tearing of the ligament, we’ve got no details besides that it is a tear.”

if you have a partial tear to your acl and play sports the ligament has to be reconstructed:-(

Blood supply to the acl ligament is small as comapred to the lcl,mcl (i won’t get into the pcl). less blood flow/supply less likely to heal. like your cartilage which has little to no blood supply.

anyways he’s done…..

138. BKAK72 says:

Look everyone it’s MALAKA (LEAFS fan) JEFF.

– I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! –

139. mike g says:

Some of you will laugh at this, others will agree…

If, and I repeat if Jordan Stall’s injury doesn’t stall him too much and he returns in this series, were done. I really hate to say it, because the Habs have my emotions by the ballz these days and I’m loving it, but it’s true.

Most people don’t realize the impact he has on a game. I never appreciated him, saying that he benefitted from a stacked roster. But, he makes Crosby and Malkin so much better. It’s hard to understand, but he can play the “dirrty” minutes that Crosby and Malkin shouldn’t play. We have a chance now because of this. The Pens are forced to roll with 2 and a half centerman, which tires them all out after such a long season. Combine that with the fact that they never had to deal with Stall missing a game in his career, and they are searching for solutions. When you search, you are desperate and make mistakes. Those desperate mistakes combined with our great effort are what won us the game on Sunday.

If that a-hole Stall manages to come back, he solidifies their lineup to an unimmaginable extent. We can squeak a few more W’s against them, but if he’s in the lineup it becomes soo much harder.

140. Habs64 says:

Markov done for season…

141. temekuhabs says:

Does anyone have an opinion of WTF is wrong with AK46??? All that talent, and totally inept and invisible (except for the one game against Wash)

142. habbyone says:

habs sitting back is a recipe for disaster!!! They better turn it up a notch as the birds are gaining momentum and confidence!

143. mike g says:

I’ll confirm for everyone below…

Markov out “indefinitely” with a torn ACL in his right knee.

This is not BS, it’s a fact.

TABARNACK!!!

144. nightmare_49 says:

…  from Scott Burnside of ESPN,

145. slapshot777 says:

Again your an idiot as usual on these nights when the Habs lose. When we win your usually somewhere in hiding.

146. dudurules says:

taste of our own medicine… fleury saved the game

147. Marty says:

Just so were clear on the issue of Bettman, does everyone here know what he does? He works for 29 owners and is there spokesman, Bettsy has no power. He does what he’s told by the 29, including the Molson’s. His only fault is that he is not charismatic, and looks and sounds like a sleazy used car salesman.

I hate listening to him but he’s on the mic. Someone else is pulling the strings.

148. Habs_Fan_1 says:

Did I miss the CBC memo concerning the change in pronounciation of Halak to “Ha-lock”?

149. pmaraw says:

Cherry called him Havlak

150. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Hey Jeff, I will make a comment some time tonight and you might not be old enough to remember?

151. HFX-HabFan says:

Well, it was nice to see Kostitsyn show a pulse for at least half the game.  Getting him “back” gives us a legitimate top six again.

What I don’t understand was the limited play of Darche; since he wasn’t taking a regular shift, we were sometimes caught changing on the fly rolling four lines with only eleven guys.  Darche isn’t any worse than someone like Craig Adams, so why isn’t Martin sending him out there for 5 to 10 minutes a game?

152. slapshot777 says:

Don Cherry’s version ” Havlat”

153. RiverviewCanadien says:

Reffing, fair tonight? I don’t know. Reffing in the NHL is a joke regardless. But I will not say it cost the Habs the game.

Fleury, hot? He got lucky tonight, but give him credit, his positioning was spot on. Inches made the difference tonight. I hope this is not a repeat of Biron.

I thought for sure Andrei woke up, but he did not (he really showed signs). Useless?
    Pleks needs to wake up. Flashes of…
    Sergei needs to be played. I don’t care what the rumors are, I want an angry Sergei playing hockey. Obviously our “skilled” guys did not get the job done, so what do you have to lose, your pride? Come on Jack!
    PK did not have his best game, looked a little tired, but I am VERY glad he is playing.
    The team misses Markov.
    Halak was good.

GO HABS GO!

154. deuce6 says:

That had to be one of the most boring hockey games I have seen all year..We simply mailed it in after the 1st..After out shooting them 7-3 in the 1st, we had 4 shots on goal since halfway through the 3rd..lol

Say what you will about the bad reffing or what not, but you can’t expect to win getting shutout in your own barn in the playoffs..Unacceptable…

Except those 2 chances late in the 3rd, we generated close to nothing offensively, but it’s no wonder since JM reunited AK and Pouliot on the top 2 lines again..It hasn’t worked in months, but now you think it will work now? Terrible coaching..They stood around and watched the Pens skate around them all night..

Transition, aside from Subban, was nil…

Worst game we have played from wire to wire in these playoffs..

————– BRING THE JETS BACK TO WINNIPEG!!

155. slapshot777 says:

Hey we got to have a whipping boy and he fits our needs. LOL

156. luca says:

bahaha u see the penalty detroit just got with 2 mins left NHL is a joke anyways the habs had there chances couldint burry which sucks but JM cant rely on our goalie to win us every friggen game its getting annoying now how do u expect to win when shots are 50 to 17 every game frustrating. Well get them game 2 i hope go habs go

157. MontrealAtheist says:

So much for all the “hockey experts” picking the Wings in this series … Well, it had to be the Sharks’ turn at some point :-)

158. Marty says:

I’ll agree only because he looks like the Devil’s right hand man.

159. homerbowen says:

Ahhhhh quit your whinning

160. Jeff says:

Fleury was great on some difficult shots close in, otherwise not busy.

PK looked pretty good but the power of NHL forwards may be getting to him.

Gionta had better stick to playing, his trucluence is lacking.

Andre looks fat & lazy, his play shows that albeit for some flashes when he catches his breath.

Markov will be missed. PK’s not the answer.

161. habaholic68NJ says:

Our defense and goaltending were excellent.  Their’s were as good.  We did not get the bounces.  They capitalized on the PP with our two best penalty killers in he box.

But I really think we lost this game because our offense ran out of gas.  Reason?  Ever since the last three games of the Caps series, we have played with three lines.  It has caught up with us.  JM has to get 10 min out of a forth line combo that will stay in the game.  This way, our top three lines can be fresher throughout the game.  Metro saw 5 min tonight.  AK a few more shifts on other lines.  Darche never saw the ice. Maybe the Tits bros with Metro?

162. slapshot777 says:

Habs came out and played a good first. Then went in had a little rest and came out and went to sleep for the rest of the game. They stopped skating, hitting, shooting, passing, they just looked lost.

163. Fenrir767 says:

I was at the game and I know most people won’t agree with me but I think we got beat from the moment the puck dropped. I think Pittsburgh slow played us they seem to know where we were gonna shoot from, who were were gonna pass to and just block enough of the lanes so that our shooters would shoot wide. From period 1 when we didn’t score I had a feeling we had lost.

Even that last Great chance on the powerplay I wish Camaleri would have shot it because I could tell that Fleury was waiting for the pass he was down and ready to push off the post and go cross ice and block Gionta. Our superstars used a set of plays and I swear the game felt like a chess slow played chess match when someone wanted to close the game when they wanted to.

The penguins were a different team on the powerplay than 5 on 5. I called into the radio and got chewed out for it, but I guess no one has heard of playing possum, in my mind that’s what Pittsburgh did played possum got their goal then closed up the game. We need to do something original change it up because those few times Fleury was in real trouble he seemed to know exactly where we would be and how we would execute. Hats of to Bylsma for beating us.

164. RiverviewCanadien says:

So we both agree on things then. :)

And people are saying to trade Markov because he is now injury prone…ridiculous. He is so important, that his loss, REALLY hurts this team.

165. Anonymous Canadiens Fan says:

I hate MAF almost as much as I hate MAB. Bring back Sergei and when is Spacek coming back???

166. Marty says:

I think this was the game the Habs were supposed to take advantage of Staal and Guerin not playing.

Both should be back soon enough.

167. HFX-HabFan says:

Who had the best round out on the links today?  Bozak?  Finger?

168. Marty says:

I agree, but It’s that horse shoe up the @$$ thing that your either born with or not…

169. terrygain says:

Half a pulse describes you, dweeb. AK played only 11 minutes but tied for the lead in Hits with 4 and Takeaways with 2. And for those who say plays short shifts his average shift was 48 seconds. l

Darche did not see the ice, so that tells us how  observant you are. Limited play! LOL We have a kid who scored 131 points in his last year of junior, who can skate like the wind, and he’s not playing. This coach sucks.

170. lord stanley 2010 says:

sorry JM,

i like your style of coaching but no coach can win with 2 lines. maybe 3.

too many grinders…. that dont hit enough

take out the metropolit, darche and place SK in a line with his brother, and maybe a hamilton call-up? Ryan White? We need some breath with the loss of markov.

171. jimmy shaker says:

So when Sid barks, Bettman comes to the game and the stripes get him a call.  Cheers to the stripes, Sid and Bettman.  Great phantom call on Gill.  What a joke!  I thought we played decent and didn’t mind the effort.  Sure we didn’t generate or have that much sustained pressure in there zone, but if Laps chance goes in or Cammy’s 3 beautiful try’s or Pleks opp….we would be saying “The system worked”.  Fleury played good, made the key saves.  Malkin got the puck to the net and crosby screened Halak and they score.  Simple as that.  We didn’t capitalize on our chances and they did.  Again, can we generate more?  I would like to….but I like the game we played and think if we can do this again Thursday, we should be fine.  Just get traffic and take the chances when they present themselves.  I guess it’s Jaro’s turn to steal one on Thursday, and for a break to go our way.  Keep hustling and skating boys!

Shaker

172. Marty says:

Latest report on SK (From team 990) is that the team pulled a mutiny against him. He seems uninterested to play for the Habs and the Habs supposedly made it clear to management that they don’t want his unenthusiastic (I’m being polite) demeanor in the, and around the rest of the team.

173. slapshot777 says:

I doubt if we will see Spacek back in this seasons playoffs. Just seems like he is not progressing. They say he is skating but no word on at least a progress report. Just seems like this vertigo is going to run the long term rather than the short.

174. homerbowen says:

Do you really think we should be anywhere but down 2 games to 1

175. homerbowen says:

Like he would make a difference!!!

176. RiverviewCanadien says:

Sid is allowed to break sticks on opposing goalie’s nets and can also throw the broken stick to the boards like a spoiled rotten kid. That is Sid. But to be honest, sometimes I wish he played for the Habs, just without the attitude.

177. slapshot777 says:

Wow, I guess than it wasn’t just JM benching him. It’s gotta be pretty bad when your teammates don’t even stand up for you. That must put AK46 in a hard position.

178. SeriousFan09 says:

Why I like Toews over Crosby, he plays like a professional.

179. WindsorHab-10 says:

Cherry can go straight to hell. He’s a racist & a bigot.

180. Marty says:

Yup, team 990 says that it’s the end of the line for SK and the Habs.

181. jimmy shaker says:

Agree…Why can’t we use the fourth line more?  Got to give some rest to the top 6.  Did Moen play at all in the third or the game for that matter?  Bottom 2 lines have to be…. Moen/Moore/Lapierre & Pyatt/Metro/SK74

Shaker

182. Anonymous Canadiens Fan says:

Were you? I’m talking about goal production in case you can’t read…

183. slapshot777 says:

If that is the case, then PG really has no choice but to probably ship the brothers out together. I don’t see AK46 playing, if we trade his brother. Trade both and bring in a tougher player with more heart.

184. HFX-HabFan says:

“Dweeb”?  If anything, I was suggesting that it was nice to see Kostitsyn give a better effort than his performance (or lack thereof) in the first two games in Steeltown.  I hadn’t checked the boxscore but the stats you gave backed that up.  I didn’t know that giving a fairly accurate assessment of a player’s effort was worthy of being called a “dweeb”, but whatever.  It sucks that we lost, but no need to get testy.

185. adam76 says:

Start Price for game 4!

186. Big Ted says:

The reffing in the game wasn’t bad EXCEPT for the freedom they gave Crosby and Cooke. The two of them must have been flopping on the ice and grabbing their faces and sides about 10-12 times during the game and talking to the refs after the whistle all the time. I’m sorry, but even if Gionta clipped Crosby, he was obviously embellishing since he looked up to see if the ref made the call. And then he makes a slash. And then in the scrum he sucker punches Hamrlik in the back of the head… while he’s already engaged with another player (3rd man in?). There could have been 3 penalties on Crosby on that play, and yet all they do is giv eout off-setting minors and take away Gorges in addition to Gill, who frankly did zip all to merit a penalty except that he touched Sid the Kid. The only real goal in the game came on that PP, so even though the Habs played awful hockey the last two periods, the game would still be going if it weren’t for the preferential treatment Crosby gets.

187. jimmy shaker says:

That is going to be the next Gretzky trade of our generation.  Crosby to the habs for anything you want!

Stamp it!

I hate Crosby, but just in this series.  I’d take him here anyday of the week!

SHaker

188. homerbowen says:

OMG when will the poor sport whining end?

189. Marty says:

I love Toews. But would still take Crosby any day over any player. Kid was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Can’t deny that and let’s not forget he brough home (for all of us) the Gold metal.

190. AH says:

Another thing, what is Plecky doing lately, not much I’d say. I hope the little girl isn’t back!

191. Marty says:

Why? (just curious)…

192. homerbowen says:

LOL and I thought I was being a “shite” disturber tonight.

193. SeriousFan09 says:

Without Toews working his butt off all through the Tournament, Crosby never would’ve had the chance to score that goal.

194. RiverviewCanadien says:

I wish, because he is fantastic.

195. jimmy shaker says:

I totally disagree with you…..I think he’s been lights out defensively and although not showing up on the offense too much of late, he’s been our best 2 way centre.  If he scores tonight, you’re not asking that question on here!

Shaker

196. Anonymous Canadiens Fan says:

Sid has anger issues. What was going on with him this game?…cross checking Mike C and picking fights. Weirdo.

Need some offense. Where is AK since his hat trick, and more importantly, where has Pouliot been for the past few months? He’s due!

197. Big Ted says:

When the league starts treating all players and teams equally.

198. terrygain says:

Is this true or is this the media sucking up to the coach. Do the players think we can win with 2 lines and our best power forward on the 4th line? AK had 4 hits in only 11 minutes. Darche did not  play a shift. What is the point of dressing someone you are not going to play?

I’ve been saying for a week that we won’t win playing 3 lines.

199. Anonymous Canadiens Fan says:

I agree…he’s been playing well. But of course it’d have been nice if he’d have scored tonight!

200. terrygain says:

I say keep the K brothers and bring in a good coach who knows how to get the best out of talented players. I’m tired of stupid coaches running good players out of town.

201. Anonymous Canadiens Fan says:

I’m just so glad we have PK right now. Exciting to watch this young defender develop and create plays…

202. Jeff says:

Ak has a pulse?

Darche IS limited!

I wouldn’t take both sisters for Bozak or finger, and here’s a finger…..!

203. Marty says:

Couldn’t tell ya if it’s true or false. I just listen to Team 990 and chime in when I can.

Maybe, someone should call in tomorrow morning and ask: 514-790-0990.

204. topher5468 says:

You are

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

205. terrygain says:

AK tied for the team lead in  hits and takeaways. He averaged 48 seconds a shift. Did you watch the game?

206. TripleX says:

Makes no sense and is totally irrational. Hmmmmmm…..I think JM will probably do it as it fits his profile.  LOL

“Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.”

207. Rainrocket16 says:

Shut Up!!!

208. saskhabfan says:

What the leafs organziation will always be most famous for.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

209. HFX-HabFan says:

Wow, Detroit crapped the bed and now find themselves in a 3-0 hole.  Not that I’m complaining, I’d love to see the Sharks take the Wings out.

210. Jeff says:

Sometimes…..trading Markov would be like losing Roy.   :))

211. Bugs says:

Not too bad a game.

Shoulda scored one though…

212. slapshot777 says:

Must be more to it than that, SK74 has been sulking all season it seems and I guess his teammates have pretty much had enough of it. It would be hard to bring him back and go through that again next season. JM isn’t going anywhere next season, so why do it all over again. Trade him before July 1st so they can probably get  something for him.

213. SeriousFan09 says:

FFS Detroit!!!

What is wrong with you, you just handed the goddamn San Jose Sharks, whose Triple Choke line could have cost Canada Olympic Gold for their lack of well, anything in the important games a 3-0 stranglehold. You jerks better make NHL history in your next 4.

214. Jeff says:

Don’t tell me they sing the dumb Na, Na, Na or Ole Ole Ole in the Motown too ha ha ha.

215. terrygain says:

Half a pulse is not a fairly accurate statement of how he played? He played well. Stop damning him with faint praise just so you can get on the bandwagon..

216. TripleX says:

I mentioned that earlier in the week.  If SK is such a BAD APPLE and not deserving of even sitting on the bench, why not send him down and bring up Ryan White.  Even better why not send down Darche or Maxwell for White who might actually contribute to the team?

Make too much sense JM?????

217. slapshot777 says:

That will keep the Sharks fresh if they can take it in four. It will be hard fo the Nucks or the Hawks to go to the Finals. I see the Sharks as the finalist from the West.

218. Jeff says:

Wah, wah wah…..

219. adam76 says:

I feel embarrassed for you.

220. J. Ambrose says:

Metro actually had a very good game. Not in the face-off circle, but everywhere else. Caused all sorts of havoc in their end, and was constantly pushing the play to the front of their net. He and AK looked like they just might get one, then JM sat them down. And the Laps, Moore, Pyatt line was our best line tonight. Meanwhile I’ve always hated when JM puts Cammy on the Gomez line, and he did again tonight, taking off Pouliot who worked his butt off tonight and came close on a couple of occasions. I just don’t understand JM’s thinking.

221. terrygain says:

He’s a RFA. He’ll sign an offer sheet  with someone else.

222. J. Ambrose says:

I don’t believe we are allowed any more call-ups.

223. Jeff says:

OOPS!

With what ten shots? Ha! HA! Buahhhhh!

224. AH says:

He is our #1a OR 1b centre, he needs to score especially now!

225. J. Ambrose says:

It is looking better and better for the Nucks. They have a real chance of going to the big dance this year.

226. Jeff says:

Geez Homer they were talking Booins in the next round..some kinda hubris!

227. TripleX says:

Pouliot?  He was brutal in the defensive zone and turned away from any body contact in the offensive zone.  He made me want to kick him in the ass.

228. terrygain says:

You’re trying to understand something that’s not there. Look at Martin’s playoff record with all those good Ottawa teams. He couldn’t beat the Laffs.

229. TripleX says:

Thanks Bob for that one.  Using up a roster spot for BGL.  I KNEW THAT WOULD COME BACK TO HAUNT US.

230. FB says:

Pleck is getting 0 support from his line.  How many times did he dump the puck in…Check his man and have nobody there to pick the puck up.  His line has gone MIA.  They tried to put cammy on with him to get it going to no avail.

231. Jeff says:

Hey there SucsaHab, how was the game? Buahhhhh!

232. jimmy shaker says:

I see him doing the business in our zone and making things happen as well in the offensive zone too!  He did set up the 3rd goal in game 2, with a great play on Crosby.  I think he’ll be more of a factor on Thursday, because it’s basically the biggest game of everyone’s life that night!  Going down 3-1 will be a very difficult task to come back from again.  So Thursday will be a huge game, where the big boys are going to have to show up and get the job done!

Shaker

233. terrygain says:

Travis played only 2 shifts in the 3rd period. If he’s not injured,  this is shitty coaching.

234. Olay Olay Olay says:

You gotta admit that Crosby gets a lot of calls his way, he’s a hell of an actor. Mostly lead dramatic roles. But that isn’t why we lost this game. Sure it was a dumb call but we had our PP’s too and wasted them.

Side note though, I thought it was pretty funny how we had to watch Crosby fix his skates while there was a team scrum out on the ice….are you kidding me CBC??

235. terrygain says:

Sid has prima donna issues. AK played a very strong 11 minutes. Were you drinking again?

236. Bugs says:

So busy being taught how to lose every year, there’s no time to teach you guys how to count, Jeffy?

The leafer come to gloat at our defeat after we wipied out the best team in the league and took one away from the Champs at home, astounding. Yeah, joke sure is on us. We’re not good like the leafs, right?

Does your patheticness know no bounds?

237. Olay Olay Olay says:

Awesome!! for my hockey pool that is.

238. saskhabfan says:

I think it was a great game,thanks for asking jeff mcglynn from timmins,oppps i meant jeff hunter from hollywood. Isn’t technology grand jeffy? Just think,its only the beginning of what i can do. Its always great to watch my team compete in the playoffs every year,first knocking off the leagues #1 seed and now giving the pens all they can handle. Its alot of fun having something to look forward too instead of being a leaf fan supporting an organization with no future and a very dark and disgusting history of molesting children. Sad that management even knew it was going on and did nothing about it. But go ahead,brag about the leafs organization and its great history.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

239. AH says:

Agreed Shaker, I guess that’s all I’m wanting to see is the majority, if not all, our big boys showing up and leaving it all out there! By the way, props to you for disagreeing with, and conversing with me in a respectful way, appreciate it.

GO HABS GO!!!

240. Bugs says:

At least we don’t sing the “Yay, we’re losers again like every year!” song that you guys love so much, that your leafer fathers and forefathers taught you, and that you’ll one day teach to your kids, therbey sealing your place in loser history until the end of time.

Because you guys love to lose, were born to lose, and you’ve embraced losing all the time. Like losers.

Doesn’t get dumber than that.

241. Jeff says:

Did I upset you again Bugsy?

Easy now, take your Prozac and calm down, the Habs are the current miracle team in the playoffs…you know it,  I know it, everyone knows it.

Backing butt end first into the playoffs with a LOSS to the Leafs, Irvin’s quote not mine…muahhhh!

Leafs will win a CUP before the Habs!

Too bad about the shutout though, the Smurfs could have had a few more shots if they took their sweaters from over their heads……..har har har!

242. Jeff says:

Aw, I feel for you Bugsy. LOSER!

243. terrygain says:

244. Jeff says:

The Leafs will certainly not disappoint in their 100th anniversary as the Habs dropped the ball.

A sad sad display of incompetence.

245. jimmy shaker says:

It is a rare occurrence on here isn’t it?

Shaker

246. WindsorHab-10 says:

Even though officiating sucked tonight and was one sided, I feel that we gift-wrapped this game and handed it to Cindy & his whores, much to the delight of Bob Cole & the other jackasses on cbc.

247. HFX-HabFan says:

2022 will be a special year in Leafland.

248. Habs_Fan_1 says:

Good riddance!

249. AH says:

Yup, it is. I’m outta here; till Thursday night when I’ll be commenting on our victory! Have as good a night as you can after this loss!

AH

GO HABS GO

250. Bugs says:

What, they’ll finally make the playoffs?

251. HFX-HabFan says:

Possibly, but more importantly, they’ll surpass the Blueshirts’ Cup drought.

252. Habsone says:

nice but! lol

253. Habsone says:

This a Habs site !! Shut up!!!  Go Habs Go!!

254. AH says:

Frickin’ hell! We should have been up at least 2-0 after the first. As soon as we started hitting posts and not burying our chances, I knew we were screwed. Why is it they come home to all this fan energy and play one bloody period out of three??!!! Then the pop gun offense takes over…SIGH!!!!

255. Psycho29 says:

The boys played well, we got beat by a hot goaltender. With a bit of luck we would have tied it up.

Enough with the whining about “poor reffing”, that’s all we hear in here whenever we lose…

256. homerbowen says:

We tried hard, I was quite impressed with our play in the first period. As time wore on our smaller players were getting worn down. Having so many small players on the same team makes in very difficult, if not impossible, to advance in the NHL playoffs. Hopefully the off season will bring significant changes in that regard.

The posts critical of Crosby remind me of what was said about Gretsky when he played in his prime. I guess the great ones attract that type of negative comments. Quit blaming the refs and Crosby’s alleged whining and focus on our team weakness (SIZE!!!).

257. Propwash says:

You cant win many games, let alone win the O-zone when you can hardly complete any passes.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

258. MontrealAtheist says:

Apparently Bob Gainey put this team together, so if you don’t like the fact that they didn’t score please send your complaints to Mr. Gainey. (Not sure if he would respond though, given the volume of angry letters he must be receiving.)

259. slapshot777 says:

Once Bettman made his appearace it was going to be alright for the cry baby. How can someone sit there and watch hockey and say that it will be an even game.

Before the puck is even dropped, The Pens have the advantage in penalties called and penalties let away with. The game of hockey the way it was meant to be played has gone through so many changes, with regards of rules and fines and punishment, there is no way it can be or want to be called down the line.

I wonder what Lapierre got a penalty for with 10 seconds to go. I guess he whined to the ref and got an unsportsmanlike conduct.

260. MontrealAtheist says:

Ha, in a couple of years it’ll be their 100th anniversary … Be prepared for Leafs loonies and Leafs stamps to be shuffled down our throat when the time comes.

261. MontrealAtheist says:

And Price gets shutouts whenever he plays?

262. GoalieT says:

I sort of feel cheated here. I can’t remember wringing my hands so hard just pleading for someone, ANYONE, to step up. Three shots in a period? C’mon!
    It’s been posted before, and I wouldn’t mind seeing it: Sergei needs to get in the line-up and put that kid on a line with his brother and see if we can awaken a giant of our own. Would it work? Who knows, but it’s worth a shot. I, frankly, don’t think it would hurt. And maybe put Gio, Gomer, and Cammy together for a whole period and tell them to frickin’ let fly!!!

We could use the shots, for crying out loud.
    And stop shooting low on Fleury. That gumby is taking everything away down low.

Ultimate Die-Hard Since 1986. T.

263. WindsorHab-10 says:

Do us all a favor & SHUT IT.

264. Harani says:

No comment on the game coz I didn’t watch it. I volunteer at a foster kids home once a month and these kids anxiously wait for me every week to come do activities with them. I’m going to be honest that I had a good night with them and the smiles on their faces was enough to keep me happy tonight. And honestly, I wasn’t going to give up that valuable time just to watch the game.

But what I came to write here is that be it on the radio or on TV, I’m sick of hearing people say OMG Pittsburgh is playing without Jordan Staal and Bill Guerin and what an accomplishment. Please stop with the bull, we’re playing without Markov and Spacek. They have Crosby AND Malkin. Get serious! I’ll go watch the game and then post my comments later.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

265. homerbowen says:

Get over it we lost fair and square.

266. Habs_Fan_1 says:

Who is this Gretsky you speak of? He must have been 7 feet tall in order not to get tired in the playoffs, right?

267. Morocco says:

I’ve been pretty well converted to a Halak supporter. His performance has just been spectacular for most the playoffs, but I really hope we don’t lose Price. He genuinely wants the team to win, whether he plays or not.

268. Habsforlife 1959 says:

It will be all up yo Price “IF” he wamts to return in a Habs jersey next season. Just have to wait and see where this all ends up to? Price is the real deal and is learning still at 22. Better things to come from him in the coming years ahead. Go Habs Go!!!

269. terrygain says:

It’s too bad you missed the game. AK only played 11 minutes, but it was a very strong 11 minutes. He tied for the team lead in hits and takeaways. Darche sat the entire game, Metro played only 5 minutes and Moen played only 2 shifts in the third period. Not running 4 lines is really hurting us.

Unfortunately great goaltending will only carry you so far. To win you need a half decent coach.

270. terrygain says:

Price is gone. Habs will need to open the vault for Halak and Plekanek. They won’t be able to pay for two number one goalies. If Price doesn’t sign an offer sheet, he doesn’t want to be  number one. He ain’t gonna be number one in Montreal.

271. Jeff says:

IF Pierre can sign Halak to a long term contract (Patrick’s advice), Price is gone.

Price will flourish in another venue, too bad.

Pleks is good, not great, open the vaults, I thought the Habs were up tight against the Cap?

Yah gotta sign the Sisters though….hmmmmm.

272. Aaron13 says:

Pleks is not worth $6M. He’s not a grinder and afraid of the corners. We can use that money for better things. Trade Markov? Are you insane?

i would get rid of AK46. He’s strong and tough but doesn’t have the scoring ability. I’d keep both goaltenders if possible. Both are very young. Subban is smart, tough, aggressive and should be on the club next year. We need more like him.

I have to admit that I was not impressed with Gil early in the season but he really is a rock with the ability to neutralize most plays even though he’s slow. His savvy tells him how to position himself with minimal effort. He practices hard and is a money player.

I respect Gomez now. He’s not a scorer but a pure setup man who sees the ice very well.

Pouliot and MAB are liabilities and Hamrlik is burnt out.

273. W35T5ID3 says:

Salads off season musts 4 the habs:

1—–Absolutely sign Halak…..and Pleks…..

2—–Deal price ….he will fetch top dollar….

3—-Deal Markov…..hes become injury prone these last few years and i fear he’s done….Just hasnt been like the old Markov b4 all them injuries.

4—AK46 and SK74…hmmmm tough 1….keep ak and deal sk……ak has oodles of potential far greater than his bro.He just need to use the thing between his ears….his BRAIN!

5—Subbanator stays in hab land permanantly and thus the Markov dealing is alright.Subban is better than markov anyways.

6—-Guy Boucher must be assistant coach next year……grooming him for the future head coaching job in hab land.

274. kakey says:

I will say this in a respectful way, but your points are purely based on the performances of last couple of games. That is why team’s management make decisions based on much wider scope and factors, and not on knee-jerk fans reactions.

I agree with your keeping AK46 though. He’ll be needed at least to score goals in the regular season to rack up points for the standing.

275. MontrealAtheist says:

It’s not the refs’ fault that our guys cannot score.

276. 4loorplay says:

we hit 2 posts last night…at that time i did not think we would win. Bad bounces

277. terrygain says:

Do you have the Leafs’ disease? You don’t develop a team by trading blue chip prospects. Give him one year in Hamilton. See if he can earn number 4 centre in Montreal, then 3.  Perhaps when Gomez’s contract runs out he will be the number one centre.

What we need right now is  a couple of policemen so that the smurfs don’t have to fight. And a decent coach. Someone who isn’t stupid enough to believe you can win with 2.5 lines.

278. SeriousFan09 says:

Maybe the Habs will trade him and Weber or another prospect for a bigger forward, having prospects also means you can trade them with other teams. Some teams will want scoring regardless of size. Not ideal, but having a tradeable asset is better than drafting a stone-hands lead-footed 6’4″ guy in the 5th round who nobody needs and won’t be an AHLer let alone an NHLer.

279. AH says:

True enough Serious. I’m all for having tradeable prospects who can get us something good in return; and having said that, I would take a 5″ 10″ sniper who can fill the net over a 6’4” hands of stone lunkhead.

280. terrygain says:

So Price is now the coach who is supposed to publicly  question how a teammate practices? Price shouldn’t be praised for  calling out a teammate in front of the media. You keep it in the room. But I wouldn’t expect a showoff to know that.

281. sillywalk says:

Why can’t TSN ever get their facts straight? SK did not miss the Olympics at all, and in fact was Belarus’s best scorer.

282. kkurji says:

Not sure if someone already posted this story, but this probably why SK doesn’t play (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=320542). Shows no heart and thinks he’s above the team. Good on Price for calling him out.

In terms of the game, could have gone either way. BS call on the scrum at the end of the second. Malkin dropped the gloves so should have been in box for sure!

Anyways, Habs will make adjustments and come back next game and hopefully the bounces will go their way.

Where are the ghosts of the forum? We need you now!

283. BKAK72 says:

Full credit to PRICE and no surprise for SK74 or AK46.  The KOSTISYN SISTERS are brilliant when the game is soft, shame on the scouts who prompted the GM (Gainey?  Savard??) to pick up these two losers.

– I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! –

284. MontrealAtheist says:

Hopefully they’ll also score a goal or two next game … That would kinda be nice!

285. 4loorplay says:

Agreed he should have gotten a slashing at the least

286. Off-side says:

Not sure how much more Crosby hockey I can watch…he gets away with too much shit.

287. habsguy says:

WHY???????…Maybe the rest of the team is finally getting sick of the K bros,  I would say something as well,  and I wouldn’t care who was listening!!!!!!!!!

288. terrygain says:

Of course you wouldn’t. You still have no clue. AK was our most robust forward last night.

289. habsguy says:

I’ll give it to you that AK played a better game,  but over all he has been terrible,  how many chances should these guys get, I would take a team of Tom Pyatts and Dominic Moores over the K Bros anytime!!!!

290. HabsRadio says:

Fearless prediction: if the Habs take this game, then they will win the series when Spacek finally returns to help them close it out.

We discuss it at length on today’s cast: http://www.HabsRadio.com

===========================================================================
    Check out http://www.HabsRadio.com for a fresh take on all things Habs. Blogs, Discussions, and of course, the Podcast!

291. Rush says:

Any idea when that might be?

And what is really wrong w him?

292. Corio says:

Here we go boys: 2 at home!  Let’s go!

293. habsfaninboston says:

LOL! Love the avatar.

294. HabFanSince72 says:

Fearful prediciton: we are toast.

295. Corio says:

In saying we are toast I guess you really mean we will be on fire and will shut down the Pens as we did the Caps!

296. HalGillsNumberOneFan says:

Prediction.

Habs will win 1 of 2 at home. I have a feeling tonight will be the game that they win. Cammalari and Gill’s heroics will be rusty tonight and the habs are going to have explosive preformances from : Benoit Pouliot, Andrei Kostitsyn and his brother Sergei ( If he plays ), as well as i think Scott gomez might contribute with a goal.

Score Prediction 4 to 1. As the penguins are going to put less shots on net but try to rush the goalie more often than taking shots from far.

297. HabsFanNorway says:

I have a good feeling about tonight and I don’t like it! :)

Everyone from Sweden, Finland (swedish speaking), Norway, Denmark: Join the Facebook group “Montreal Canadiens Fan Club Scandinavia”!

298. coachdoug says:

Fearless prediction: I have no idea what will happen tonight.

Fearless Hope: My beloved Habs take both home games and kill the birds in 5

Fearless Dream: Get the parade permit…plan the route

GO HABS GO!

“Save us Turtleneck Man…We need you now more than ever!”

299. Habs64 says:

Habs 8 Pengirls 2

300. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Playing golf at Tremblant today and heading down to the game! Going to be a great day!

Habs 3- Pens 1

301. lavie says:

Game 3, 3:0 Habs;

Game 4, 5:2 Habs;

Game 5, That’s it!

302. Shublips says:

Oh man, you’re predicting a shutout tonight?  That’s hardcore!  I hope for that to be true and for your game 4 prediction also.

Go Habs go!

303. slapshot777 says:

Agree, but easier said than done. Put yourself in that position and a player skates by give you a slash across the laces or a little jab, you look and see it’s Crosby and you know he won’t get a call. Then he does this a couple of more times. It’s only so many.

304. dpthehabsfan says:

It just astounds me how after a hard-fought loss so many of the peeps who post here cry and scream about “Bettman conspiracies” or the “refs are out to get us”. “Or this one call or the other cost us the game”

Grow up. The refs don’t score goals…and we should all know by now that Bettman doesn’t know enough about hockey to be able to influence a game. That’s exactly why he was picked by the Board of Gouvenors in the first place.

There is no shame in losing 2-0 in the playoffs with the second in the empty net. We just have to play better next time.

There is no conspiracy.

305. SeriousFan09 says:

Not a conspiracy, just a lack of competent officials.

306. adam76 says:

There is no conspiracy.

307. Fenrir767 says:

I don’t think this was a hard fought loss, we lost this from the first faceoof. Pittsburgh played us, they slow played the game had something they wanted to try out and were just waiting to roar out of the gates if they needed to. To me it felt like Pittsburgh had decided to lose this game if that’s what it took to figure us out. But it didn’t they pressured exatly when they needed to gave up no bad plays and Fleury seemed to know exacly where our shooters were gonna be.

This game was a chess match and Jacques Martin lost, we need more creativity from our guys out there and need to stop running the set plays all thet time.

308. Olay Olay Olay says:

Tough loss, our D showed up at least but our offence looked shaky at best. To be fair though Fleury played a great game when he had to.

Question for Martin: What are you thinking with AK? Are you going to bench him or play him?

309. Jeff says:

Luv the avatar!

310. dpthehabsfan says:

If, as a team, or as a fan, you’re blaming the refs, it’s because you lost. And if you lost, well, you should be looking at yourself.

Some refs are better than others, but the refs we’re seeing now are the best in the business, as reviewed by their peers and all the GMs. If any of them had a bias, they’d be long gone.

311. SeriousFan09 says:

The fact is, the quality of on-ice officiating this playoffs has been poor. We’re not the only ones saying it either. Several veteran referees are missing from the playoffs with injury and others have retired. Some of these guys are just not that good at their jobs.

NHL officating on the whole is not good, too much league expansion, the double-referee system, the retiring of veteran officials without enough people to properly fill in has led to a poor on-ice product.

312. Rainrocket16 says:

Well it was a good hard fought game, I think we need to do a better job on the board battles. Stay out of the box, and continue with what we are doing, the board battles is what seperated us tonight, that and faceoffs. MAF played a great game, he is not a great goalie but he was in the right place tonight and saw everything. Halak didn’t see one and that was the difference in the scoreboard. Next game

On a different note, I am very tired of Crysbaby. Not one penalty against him for unsportsmanlike conduct in Game 2, tonight he hacks at Cammy and Gorges and we sit in the box for the game winning goal on the play where Gorges defends himself..BS!!! that kid is a little bitch!! Hope he liked the taste of Gomers gloves.

313. Olay Olay Olay says:

We got a taste of our own medicine tonight with the Goalie taking it from us. That being said, Halak was amazing…again. He made some very tricky deflection saves tonight.

314. deuce6 says:

1 win and 4 losses in our own barn..Yeah, that Bell Center crowd must be such a huge factor, eh?

Can we please just decline our home games and play in their barn for the entire series?

————– BRING THE JETS BACK TO WINNIPEG!!

315. BKAK72 says:

I am unaware of any Canadiens team benefitting from the Bell Center;  no ghosts here.

– I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! –

316. Olay Olay Olay says:

Thanks, me too.

317. Bugs says:

Not surprising. Only part of our team your team has ever seen.

318. Jeff says:

Aha, the Habs do wear panties, Gionta did play like a girl last nite!

319. Habsone says:

Nice ass!!!!  Should have been in front of Fleury!!!

320. Bugs says:

If the Penguin “chessmatch” consists in setting up Malkin for a Howitzer in the top-corner on a man-advantage for their only score of the game, I think we can adjust.

321. Jeff says:

Adjust?  That shootfest by the Pens in the 3rd exposed the uh….. SHORTcomings of the Habs!

What game did you watch Bugsy?  Geeeeezzzz.

322. Jeff says:

I call it respect because that’s what a great team gives their opposition….RESPECT. No fear.

The Pens will score just enough to win 1 or 2 goals.

Shuda, Cuda, Refda, NA NA NA NA, Olay Olay….didn’t work.

The little ones looked comical, especially Bobblehead Gionta.  Muahhhhhh!

323. Fenrir767 says:

I don’t thik they were waiting for Malkin but the team looked different 5 on 4 than 5 on 5. There was some b.s reffing but that’s besides the point. The penguins did not look like the penguins it seemed to me like they were holding it in but ready to bust it out if we ever got the lead.

This game looked to me like the Penguins were willing to lose to figure out MTL instead they played a chess match with us and they won, they got what they needed and then closed out the game playing defensive hockey. Not saying I like it much, but Fleury the defense they seemed to know just where to be to mess with us.

Sure enough a few bounces and a few better aimed shots like Lapierre’s and this would have been a different game, but i think we would have just awoken a sleeping lion rather than just pushed them over. Just like what happened in Ottawa.

324. Bugs says:

Disagree.

Same chances went in the other night.

Fleury made two fabulous saves, one on Cammy, one on Plecky. And Lapierre hit the crossbar on what shoulda been an easy opened corner goal.

Coulda been 3-1 for us.

We made good on our minimal opportunities the other night, but not tonight.

Only difference I saw, except for the fear in Pittsburgher’s eye.

They fear us.

Or else they woulda scored more.

325. Fenrir767 says:

I agree with you on that. If we made good on our minimal chances I think we would have seen a whole different Pittsburgh team though. I think they would have pressed the attack like they did in game 2 to try and win it if we had gotten a goal or two. There was something very different about the way they played even sid the kid.

This was not the Cup Champs, this was a whole different team with a different style and if we had gotten a goal or two I’m sure we would have seen the champs roar into action.

326. Habsone says:

I agree!!!!  Well Said!!

327. MontrealAtheist says:

Could have, would have, should have … As Crosby would put it: We didn’t execute today!

328. deuce6 says:

Goalie taking it from us? LOL

We had 18 shots on goal…MAF didn’t even crack a bead of sweat..He made 1 or 2 difficult saves..Our guys just simply didn’t have it in this one..Forwards sucked…

————– BRING THE JETS BACK TO WINNIPEG!!

329. Fenrir767 says:

We were predictable tonight and we got beat by a team that studied us, learned from their mistakes adapted tried something new for them and beat us. They knew where and how to hit us and beat us. I congratulate Dan Bylsma for doing his homework. Now let’s see if Jacques Martin will do his and We can even this up again and force it to six

330. MontrealAtheist says:

We got beat tonight because we didn’t score?

331. slapshot777 says:

Habs, didn’t play a bad game, but didn’t play one of their best either. I guess with all the Cindy whining, the penalties had to come. Nice how the officials have the two Habs defensemen Gorges and Gill in the box at the same time. I guess the officials know what to do to help the Pens also.

332. SLONCOLD says:

easy to blame the refs, all you have to do is skate away and stay focused and leave mr crybaby to himself

333. Ton says:

they tried hard. it was so important to get that first goal.  lets see if he can make those saves again in game 4, very important we get up on them early in the game. series is not over. no way.

334. Habsone says:

Martin!!!!  You are sitting the wrong Guy!!!!

335. Habsone says:

We need scoring from other players!!!!  Plk  what are you doing!!!

336. Jbird says:

Tony on 990 saying Stall is on the ice . . . . . not in equipment but  . . . .

337. W35T5ID3 says:

This habs team gives me a funny feeling.A funny GOOD feeling.I think its finals bound.I really like how they play 4 one another and its a total TEAM effort.Out of all the teams in the playoffs i’d say  we are the most TEAM like squad.Im tellin ya , we are definitly a contender for Lord Stanley….Habs vs Nucks in cup finals??Wouldnt that be something.

338. RiverviewCanadien says:

So NHL teams are allowed to lie about injuries and surgery? According to TSN Staal did have surgery to repair his tendon http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=320139

He must be on some good healing drugs then…

339. Say Ash says:

The Caps lent some, seeing as how they won’t be needing them

340. kakey says:

Remember how the New Jersey Devils were winning and everyone complained how the trap killed entertaining hockey with low scoring games?

That was how a Devils’ fan must have felt when your team is winning with that style, which eventually led to many rules changes, and this is how it feels now to be a Habs’ fan. The frustration on the other teams’ faces used to be on us. Now we don’t care if we win 1-0 and how opposing players diss our hermetic style of hockey. Remember how it used to be frustrating to shoot massive amount of pucks on Brodeur, yet when a turnover happens Parise/Elias/Langenbrunner or whoever would beat our cold goalie who’s been standing for too long with the devastating opportunistic goal? Now that team is us.

With Gomez and Gionta on board, it feels even more so that we’re the new NJ Devils.

341. SeriousFan09 says:

We’re going NJ-style on the Penguins in particular because it frustates the **** out of them, Brodeur and the Devils SWEPT the Penguins in their season series this year. JM saved his best coaching for the playoffs in that department.

342. SeriousFan09 says:

Eff Crosby, he may have the Golden Goal but his whiny ass wouldn’t have had the chance if Toews hadn’t played like a champion for the entire Tournament.

Toews is the best young captain in the NHL, plays like a professional.

343. SeriousFan09 says:

Gabriel Dumont, our 2009 5th-round pick who signed a 3-year, entry-level deal with the Montreal Canadiens starting for the 10-11 season and signed an tryout contract with the Bulldogs for the playoffs this season just scored his first AHL goal to tie the game at 2-2 with the Abbotsford Heat.

Dumont led all QMJHL forwards in goals this year with 51, he added 11 more markers in 14 post-season games. At 5’10″ he’s on the small side, but he definitely has a goal-scorers instinct looking at his stats.

Correction, now 3-2 for the Bulldogs. Olivier Fortier, another Habs pick from the Q just got his first professional goal after some injury troubles this season, good for him. Fortier and Dumont are 2 of the last 3 winners of the Guy Carbonneau Trophy, for Best Defensive Forward in the Q.

344. AH says:

Thanks for the update, but at 5’10″ thanks, but no thanks. “A little on the small side”, we have our fill of that going on right now in Habland and it will probably will end up being our demise. Gotta get bigger!

345. SLONCOLD says:

i liked the 4th line tonight they cycled well. missed some chances in the first, one or two cross bars and a few good fleury save sin the third. first time the team spoils a good goalie effort this playoffs.

kinda dissapointed montreal didn’t show up in the 2nd period

346. bus driver says:

why wasnt their penalties to crosby and malkin at the end of the second,  why isnt andre sitting beside his brother, all the talent doing nothing

347. terrygain says:

Are you blind? Or just stupid? AK played a very strong game.

348. krob1000 says:

Jordan Staark? how the hell is this guy skating? Where is his doctor?

Is Spacek skating yet? is Markov still hanging out with Kane in “Parts Unknown”?

Jordan Staal’s loss in combinataion with PK’s emergence are what is levelling the playing field for Markov’s loss.  If they get Staal back and we don;t get at least Spacek back the challenge definitely increases greatly.  Staal is a very important part of the Pens team and his style is frustrating to our Habs forwards, he can eat minutes, dominate physically and is very intelligent….

349. W35T5ID3 says:

i concur

350. SLONCOLD says:

well pk will just cut staal’s tendon on the other foot….. like mat cooke said he did it on prupose lol

351. lavie says:

It was a “diving”.

352. Nina76 says:

It is amazing how Crosby can do anything he wants to do.DIVE>>SLASH>>>>>>>>>YAP the whole game without a warning or penalty the habs had enough with all that crap going on the D’s had to deal with it & take the penalties for sure they weren’t going to come from our great refs………..GO HABS GO!!!! SUKER PENS INTO PENALTIES YOU CAN DO IT

353. W35T5ID3 says:

I was on espn’s website looking at expert predictions…..and out the5 or 6 dudes(experts) they allpicked pens in 5,6,or 7……the 1 guy that actually picked the habs to win this series in 6 was Pierre Lebrun.I just thought that was interesting.

354. WindsorHab-10 says:

Just listened to the hockey panel on tsn & Bob McKenzie thinks that both Crosby & Malkin should’ve been in the penalty box to start the 3rd, especially Malkin for taking off his gloves.

355. BKAK72 says:

HOCKEY BUSINESS 101:  The NHL/NBC tv deal is in deep doggy poopoo w/out OV8, Estrogen Crosby or Wally Malkin.

– I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! –

356. TrueRivalry.com says:

Bad officiating… it’s been a theme all playoff long!

——–

Twitter: @truerivalry

357. Rainrocket16 says:

Pisses me off!!

358. slapshot777 says:

Malkin scores one goal and you wouldn’t know by listening to Bob Cole that he has been lighting it up all series.

The Habs will regroup and get it back. Strange why they can’t win at home. One win so far in the play-offs at home is not giving us much of an advantage. Why can’t someone shove a towel down Healey’s throat anything just shut him the hell up.

He couldn’t play goal, yet he is an expert on hockey, he was part of the NHLPA and give it up before they got clear of him. He is a classic definition of a moron.

359. Marty says:

My favorit part is when Malkin and AK collided and Bob called it: “And the two Russians run into each other…” I’m pretty sure that AK is Belorussian.

Anyway, tonight was a roll reversal. Fleury made the big stops (so did the crossbar) and won the game. It happens. I think the Habs love & thrive on this underdog Rope-a-Dope system that got them this far…

360. W35T5ID3 says:

How are Markovs injurys last few years be based on last few  games?Halak has been Gold all season not just last few games.Price will never reach full potential in montreal.We oughta deal him before he becomes a Jim Carey scenario.None of my points at all …AT ALLLL ….are based on the last few games……and i say this to you in a respectful way: You couuldnt be more wrong.

361. kakey says:

I agree that some of those observations can be true during the regular season. However here are counterpoints:

Markov was playing great in this playoff, and both severed tendon from Price’s skate and awkward fall from Cooke’s hit were accidents not attributed to his supposed injury prone reputation. Plus he’s playing for hometown discount salary.

If Price is sucking now, sign him for cheap. Money saved can be used to add other players. In case he returns to top form we’ll have a bargain. If he did fetched top dollar a deal would have been made before trade deadline, when his value was even higher than now.

Now imagine you’re Jacques Martin, and Guy Boucher comes in as assistant with management “grooming him for the future head coaching job”, how would you feel? Being treated like that after what you’ve done in this playoff? Will you still be as committed? Who should the players listen to?

362. SLONCOLD says:

by the way, depending on the tendon staal tore, he might be able to skate but might not be able to cut or pivot quickly. It all depends what tore, wearing a skate might act as support for the torn tendon as well.

but if he comes back i would hit him until he couldn’t skate any more:-)

363. KenD29 says:

Markov   Torn ACL  right knee.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

364. topher5468 says:

Is that fact, Link?

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

365. Norcal Habsfan says:

Chant I’d love to hear tonight..

Cin-dy. Cin-dy, Cin-dy

366. SeriousFan09 says:

Pretty sure Flyers fans tried that in 08 and 09, I think we need to serenade Fleury.

367. bus driver says:

what did he do, hes a lazy quitter

368. slapshot777 says:

Cole can’t tell the difference between black and white. He never calls anything like it happens, he always blows it or misses it enirely.