Robinson’s changing postcard face

Collector Erle Schneidman shares these official Canadiens postcards of Larry Robinson through the years:

From top: 1973-74; 1974-75; 1975-76; 1976-77; 1977-78; 1978-80; 1980-83; 1983-85; 1985-86; 1986-88; 1988-89.

1. RetroMikey says:

Kudos to Erle Schneidman…..this guy is simply amazing when it comes to collecting Habs memorabilia. Bravo Erle!

“We will win the Cup only with Carey Price in the nets”

2. Geoff F says:

I love it!!!!

Congrats Larry, well deserved and long overdue!

3. Cable Guy says:

I really wish I was at this game. My favorite player of all time. Congrats Larry!

4. scottroy says:

I can’t wait to see #19 go to the rafters tonight. CONGRATS Larry!!will probably have a tear in my eye.one of my favorite habs of all time. grew up watching Big Bird.will be there to cheer him on:)

5. Wisdom says:

in 30 or 40 years am i gonna be cheering on players like koivu an markov when their jesey’s are retired? weird.

6. ILoveCats says:

That is an awesome moustache.

7. WindsorHab-10 says:

Congratulations to one of my favorite Habs all time. A well deserved and long overdue ceremony. The word CLASS comes to mind whenever Larry’s name comes up. Best wishes always and GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

8. WindsorHab-10 says:

Dave Stubbs:
    I’ll miss tonight’s game and more importantly Larry’s number rettired because I have to work. Is it possible to have a link added to this site that will feature the ceremony so that people that miss it can watch it later on?

9. Dave Stubbs says:

We don’t have rights to tonight’s telecast, but I’m sure some enterprising Inside/Out reader, and others, will upload RDS and/or Sportsnet coverage of the ceremony to You Tube, and we’ll link it from there. You might want to consider taping it at 6:30 p.m. ET

I’ll be at the game and expect to upload audio of Larry and others in mp3 form to the site late tonight. It should be quite an event for a very deserving icon of the Canadiens.

Dave Stubbs

Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette

10. Proudones says:

He was the reason I became a Habs fan.
    Congratulations Larry!

11. WindsorHab-10 says:

Thanks for the reply Dave. I’d love to tape it but it is not offered in my area. It should be a memorable night. Thanks again.