Reminder: Tell us what you think about HIO

There are only 5 days left to participate in our Habs Inside/Out survey!
A big thanks to all of you who have already participated.
If you haven’t, you have until Monday Nov. 1st at midnight Montreal time to do it.
Complete survey now.

1. SmartDog says:

Sometimes you have to eat your own cooking…

1. e.

2. Bone & Studs!

3. …the ads… the lotto ads especially.

4. …the lotto ads OR people crapping on people for saying what they feel like.  If you’re going to censor something censor THOSE GUYS!

5. …make me horny.  Just seein’ if you’re payin’ attention.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

2. ths says:

You cheap baxtards couldnt even come up with Dale Hogansen’s game worn Jock as a prize for taking 20 minutes out of my party time with the ‘Tits sisters to fill in this survey ?

Dropped the puck ….

Ooh Aah Habs on the war path

3. SmartDog says:

A WEE SURVEY.

1. What did you think of the survey?

a. I LOVED it! If you fill out only one marathon survey this year, make it this one!

b. It was okay. I did it.

c. I might fill it out later.

d. I’d like to fill it out but I have other commitments (i.e. a life).

e. We need to send the survey to Hamilton or trade it.

2. The best thing about HIO is _______.

3. The WORST thing about HIO is ________.

4. If I leave HIO it will be because __________.

5. Complete the Sentence.  Surveys _____.

SD

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

4. Kristopher7 says:

The survey was timely. It was hilarious to see the last thread created for the survey, so much QQ. Read faster? click faster? Idk.

5. fbkj says:

smart dog, install add blocker pro, works great

6. pierre lapuck says:

I have no ads or pop ups on my page, never have.  The site needs to have some manner in which us Anglo-only Hab fans can understand the French content either audio or written.  I used to copy and paste entire articles into babal fish  or whatever but it was like reading a ninth grade essay written by a student who would likely fail English.  As a result I have access to a portion of the site and not it’s entirety.

7. Castor says:

Use Google Chrome. It has a built in translator. I use it when my wife (anglo Winnipegger) needs to read a Habs related article.

8. smiler2729 says:

Not to start a war of language here BUT I was born and raised in TMR, my dad’s anglo, my mom’s franco-anglo, we spoke english at home but I went to french school until grade 7 when we moved to the U.S., I understand french but I’ve lost a lot of it by not using it enough which is a shame. Whenever you have articles by journalists for french sites, I could use a translator.

9. SmartDog says:

Thanks. I will.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

10. SmartDog says:

You make me refresh the page to see the latest posts and EVERYTIME I do I need to tell those FREAKIN’ LOTTO ADS TO CLOSE.  EVERY TIME!!!!

Right now that’s MOST OF WHAT I THINK OF THE SITE.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

That’s weird because I’m not seeing any Loto ads at the bottom of the page.  In fact, the only ads I’m seeing are the ones for the survey and the Ontario Power Authority (top right-hand corner).

I took the survey last week and it was about ten minutes long.  It could be a tad shorter but it’s certaily not the same as completing the federal long-version census form:-)

12. Propwash says:

ABP works wonders on Firefox for the ads.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

13. fbkj says:

that worked splendidly

14. Danno says:

You probably already heard this but you really need to upgrade the H I/O server. It’s crapping out now, imagine how it will perform in June…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

15. Mr.Hazard says:

TELL ME ABOUT IT!! They insist on only upgrading it AFTER it craps out 15 times, and then they only do patchwork. Fix it once and for all! We’re 8 or 9 games into the season and already unable to load the site sometimes. In our day and age, and considering the popularity of the site (judging from all those impressive charts), it’s embarassing!

16. BJT says:

I’d love to, but as soon as I start it tells me to go away, but my participation was appreciated.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

17. fbkj says:

well for one these loto 6/49 ads are makin me mental

18. Castor says:

I did already! Get off my back!

19. SmartDog says:

The survey’s too long.  Sorry.

But one thing: the new lotto ads at the bottom are making me want to leave.  I’m on a laptop and they eat up a quarter of my viewing space with a message about something that I hate (or in marketing terms, is not only NOT relevant to me, but detracts from my interest in the core content). They make me SERIOUSLY WANT TO LEAVE… as in if I dissappear soon, they are why.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

20. shiram says:

I do agree, those ads that pop up over the content of the website are quite annoying.
    They really deter from the experience, but i guess they make it so this place is free.

21. cautiousoptimist says:

Totally agree — it’s extremely annoying.  This particular ad also really slows down the load time of the page.

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  22. cautiousoptimist says:

This wasn’t on the survey, but man, those pop-up ads are extremely annoying — make me feel like I’m on some sketchy Russian-based website or something.

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  23. SlovakHab says:

I did it a few days ago.

Didn’t think it was too long at all! And I was really glad to be able to express my opinion about HIO and about potential future changes.

24. SmartDog says:

There are other better ways.  They’re testing this as an ad product – let them know it stinks.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!