RDS reports AK46 will be a healthy scratch

There’s also the chance P.K. Subban will be yanked in favour of Yannick Weber.

Lars Eller with Tomas Plekanec and Mike Cammalleri?

More to come.

1. ctony says:

Cool, my magic 8 ball told me to bench AK as well.

2. TommyB says:

Ah, here we go.  The guy wearing the jockstrap on his head (and a filthy looking one at that) is going to defend the Maple Loser guy.  You use a Loser avatar, you get treated as such.  Even though the Loser avatar is a parody, it’s still offensive to the eyes, and needs to be treated with disdain.  Not dat dain, but dis one.  And just what might Boone know about you being big boned???  Further more, George Burns played a mean ukulele.  Or was that Tiny Tim?  Arthur Godfrey?  Hey, my old man told me about that last one, ahem.  As the rope around my neck gets tighter, I’m outta here.

3. Oddball says:

Too bad Boone and Stubbs didn’t have the cajoles to bench you, especially after your insensitive and rude “Omar The Tentmaker” remark to that wonderful and knowledgeable fellow with the ‘Toronto Maple Losers’ avatar. It might come as a surprise to you, but big boned people have feelings too, just ask Boone if you don’t believe me.

Anyway, there’s no chance anyone would mistake you for a rookie though, maybe George Burns, but not a rookie.

..always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves..

4. Bugs says:

In-depth report. Young Habs getting the shaft?

Unquestionably unquestionable, I think I’m

L. Bugs Potter, esq., Herzog of ze Abominable Habsuchtig Brigade, Markgraf of ze Fearsome Flanell Flausen Flank, und devoted minion of ze Habsbros Order: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

5. krob1000 says:

not a rookie but been in Jm’s doghouse many times….still one of “Martin’s Mutts” ….anyways …everyone knows that Kostitsyn’s aren’t really people ….

6. TommyB says:

OH MY GOD!  What is JM trying to do?  He’s going to ruin that rookie, AK46!  How come the vets don’t get benched? Oh…wait a sec….A Kost is not a rookie, is he?  Hmmm…..how can that be?  JM only disciplines the young guys and the rookies.  He hates those guys.  Now, unless you people consider A Kostitsyn to be one of the young guys on the team, your argument just lost some wind.  AK has been in the league for how long now?  And all the while playing on top lines.  The same can be said for Pouliot.  He’s no rookie either.  So it’s not just the kids.  Martin is an equal-opportunity bencher.

7. Mr.Hazard says:

hahahahaaa

8. SeriousFan09 says:

Francois Gagnon tweets that Weber will be in the press box.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

9. oshawahabsfan says:

I think he should be on the ice and Picard in the box. Weber deserves some more games as he played well in his few appearances. We have some reasonable depth with young defenceman, and they should be rotated in and out throughout the season. I also feel that the older players should have some stints in the press box here and there in place of the young pups, we need them not to be burned out come playoff time.

Having PK and Weber out there also gives the team two great weapons from the point on the powerplay, enabling both units to have the ability to get good point shots to the net

10. shiram says:

Maybe it will be a revelation, and Eller is a top notch winger, maybe having less responsabilities will help his game.

11. phillyhab says:

If PK sits again, I fear reading that “Subban playing great in X-Town, had ‘confidence’ issues in Montreal..” article.

Already getting the feeling I’ll be reading the AK one soon.  Shame.

12. W35T5ID3 says:

…and thus begins the downward spiral that the habs seem to be going down….thanks Jacques Martin…..If we arent scoring ,why sit ak46?I dont get it.Sure he isnt bringing it lately but he has for most of the season.Plus he with plex and cammy form a great line but obviously you are an idiot.Lets sit subban while were at it.Again.Eller sit him Jacques.Lets ruin EVERYONE!

13. cautiousoptimist says:

Unless a trade is about to be announced, this is positively bonkers.  The team can’t score, so we sit Kostitsyn for Pyatt and Darche.  Picard was far worse last game than Subban, and if anyone sits it should be him — not Subban or Weber, the only two D-men who bring any offence.  Just nuts.

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  14. oshawahabsfan says:

Someone spiked The Count’s eggnog, he’s f#$kin’ lost it!

15. avatar_58 says:

So what happens when Picard/Weber craps the bed and Eller can’t handle top 6 winger duty? Random D pairing shuffles? Moen on the top 6?

I’m not entirely sure how “we didn’t play for 60 minutes” (which is the excuse every loss) translates to “this line sucks, next”. Maybe focus on compete levels and work ethic? The chanes are there, they just aren’t taking them.

16. habs63 says:

I can’t say I’m a fan of AK46 sitting but I’m all for Weber playing instead of Subban. As much as I like Subban, we were winning with Weber in the lineup.

17. volcano62 says:

I’m not surpised….to be succesful this season we needed AK46 to play like he can.(the big hits and scoring key goals like he did at the beginning of the season) At the moment he is playing like his brother did when he was with us.

Subban/Webber/Picard

Can we trade one of them once and for all? Jeez this musical chair business can ruin someones confidence.

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Agree, past time Weber got some more playing time and it’s not like Picard has been doing much for us lately. Yes he had the PPG but then he undid with that braindead giveaway. A nice tribute to MAB/Souray when their PPGs were undone by ESGs but not what the Habs need.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

19. oshawahabsfan says:

Haha that was a good Souray/MAB tribute, unfortunately it became the difference in a one goal game