PuckCast, Vol. 2, No. 13 [Podcast]

The Canadiens head into Atlanta tomorrow night with two wins in three games on their four-game road trip, not the perfect record coach Guy Carbonneau was after, but a good trip nonetheless. Listen in to hear our experts give their opinion about the team’s recent play as Gazette sportswriter Dave Stubbs, I/O blogger Mike Boone and moderator Kevin Mio are back for the season’s 13th edition.

This week: The panel examines the team’s dual identity in New York after a poor game on Saturday against the Rangers and a solid effort against the Islanders; Alex Kovalev’s stellar play this season and his being left out of the All-Star Game; Cristobal Huet’s puckhandling skills – or lack thereof; and Carey Price’s struggles in his four games down in Hamilton, including allowing 12 goals in his last two starts.

The PuckCast | Download it now

RSS | Add the PuckCast to your RSS reader

iTunes | Add the PuckCast to iTunes

1. Connecticut Man1 says:

They had a nice article up in the NY Times the other day covering Komisarek and Higgins:

Teammates From Long Island to Montreal

2. PattyBoy31 says:

Watching the Flames game right now and Montreals pro scouts have been at calgarys last 2 games, and apparently there may be something to it…

3. TradeRyder says:

And good morning to you too.

Go get some coffee and maybe a large bottle of Valium.

_____________________________________________________________
    Let the kids play… let the non-performers watch or walk.

4. TradeRyder says:

Totally right. Huet needs to stay in his net.

But here’s what I don’t get. I get dumped on for saying we should trade Ryder, who’s sucking like a… well, you know the rest of the phrase. And you bash our goalie, who yeah, has brain cramps sometimes but is still in the top of the league in save % – has won five of the last six, bounced back last game after he was hung out to dry the one before. (Notice in the puckcast they didn’t blame him for the NY loss – they blamed the team.) So what gives?

And really – you may not love Huet, but with a lesser goalie in net, that last game could’ve easily been 4-2 Isles.

_____________________________________________________________
    Let the kids play… let the non-performers watch or walk.

5. Ed says:

That’s funny, because I thought that you have actually being throwing a little bit of praise Ryder’s way, especially after the last game. Maybe I have you confused with Smart Dog. I agree that Ryder should be traded, for the simple fact that he will never resign with the Canadiens. We should get what we can for him before the trade dead line.

As for your phrase, I for one don’t know the rest of it, and I don’t want to. Again, I thought you said he played well the last game, but I guess I was wrong.

6. J.T. says:

Ha! I just listened, and Dave Stubbs…you’re on fire this week. My favourite quotes: “I like when they lose,” and the All-Star game is “…Miss America in hockey pants.” Correct on so many levels!

One thing though, guys…that last game against Toronto might mean nothing to the leafs, but it could mean something to the Habs. The leafs could still play spoilers and ruin the Habs playoff, even if they’re not going to make it themselves. Hope our guys have a nice spot clinched long before that happens.

Oh, and “enigma” in Russian is “загадка” :)

7. RH says:

In regards to the leafs. Apathetic……I like that.

8. Hot_Pie says:

I’m so sure Boone is a closet Leaf’s fan.