PuckCast Vol. 2, No. 10 [Podcast]

Most of us are back for Inside/Out’s PuckCast No. 10 of the season,

The PuckCast | Download it now
RSS
| Add the PuckCast to your RSS reader
iTunes | Add the PuckCast to iTunes

1. Dave Stubbs says:

As of 5:40 p.m. ET, our server problem appears to be remedied.

Dave Stubbs

Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette

2. Naila Jinnah says:

I can actually listen to it, dunno about downloads.

3. Axeman says:

I hope the download error is resolved soon …

I NEEEEEEED my fix! With the media here in Toronto being what they are, these puckcasts are my once-a-week dose of real sports journalism (and great commentary)

4. The Ian Cobb says:

DAVE – – – _ _ _ – – -

5. Oleg Petrov says:

Dave, cant download podcast #10 – anybody else having a problem?

6. Derek says:

I can’t get it either, downloading shows an error 404 too.

7. Dave Stubbs says:

Technical issue, folks. Looking into it immediately. Thanks for letting us know.

Dave Stubbs

Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette

8. Derek says:

thanks Dave, really looking forward to this puckcast.

9. Pat8987 says:

First of all, congrats to all Montreal fans! Markov and Huet are leading the all-star voting in their respective positions. We also have the highest vote in (not on official list) in KOVALEV. As for the game tonight I’m excited, I just hope breezeby is not playing because he will get burnt by Datsyuk and Zetterberg. As for Ryder and Smolinski, Ryder unfortunately should get traded sooner than later and Smolinski needs to get confidence from Carbo and be put on the PP with the second unit permanently. Smolinki is a clutch performer and someone we want on our side for the playoffs! Just help him get the money off his back. Doesn’t he have more points than Ryder playing on 4th and 3rd line and NEVER on the PP?

10. TommyB says:

Pat, I agree with your opinion of Smolinski. And should we get to the playoffs, most fans here will be glad we have him.

11. Rocket Richard says:

As a habs fan, I am not too confident that the Habs will win tonight vs Detroit.

To what I have witnessed of late with the Canadiens, they have some pressing issues to clear up before they can move forward.

Don’t get me wrong, if the habs escape tonight with 2 points and a “W” in the win column, I will leap for joy. But, somehow, I sense this team is going to experience a slump of sorts.

Final Score
    ———–
    Detroit 4, Habs 2

___________________________________________________
    December 1,2007 – rise and fall of the 2007-08 Montreal Canadiens

12. Oleg Petrov says:

But Rocket, the exciting part is that Price is playing at home and he has shown the ability to steal some games. The team is struggling for sure but Carbo has shown a willingness to makes changes to get the team going. They are going with a speedy lineup tonight which might match up well.

At the very least, you never know what can happen – they have to play the games! Let’s go Habs! But at a minimum, let’s hope for an entertaining game!

13. MikeL says:

One of my pet peeves is when people try to “guess” the score of an upcoming game. I find it totally pointless. Not to mention you are “guessing” that the Habs will lose. Is there any need of this negativity? I can understand someone bashing the team after a lose, but to come on a Habs msg board and tell everyone the score the Habs will lose by…..well quite frankly, I dont want to hear that foolishness.

14. Joe Habsfan says:

I guarantee a Habs W tonight!

15. The Ian Cobb says:

Sorry Dave, I don’t know what a podcast or puckcast is! And when i click on it i get ERROR. By reading earlier posts i se4e others can’t download also.

What is it anyway, live play or interviews on tape or you posting when the game is on? I,m not very techy. I know morris on a telegraph key though.

16. JF says:

Ian, the podcast is a discussion (roughly half-an-hour) among Dave Stubbs, Kevin Mio and Mike Boone of all the issues currently surrounding the Habs. Interesting questions raised, good insights, well worth listening to!

17. von says:

I wish the Habs would just sit Markov, and let Gorges play. He’s been mediocre playing hurt, and he would be healing up faster if he was able to get some solid days rest.

It would be a good test for the team too, see how they can handle it. Should Markov ever be out long term, god forbid.

18. Rocket Richard says:

After 2 periods, wings are leading 3-1 over habs. So far I am proving my point, though I hope the Habs come back and win.

This team isn’t the same when it first started the season
    ___________________________________________________
    December 1,2007 – rise and fall of the 2007-08 Montreal Canadiens

19. Rocket Richard says:

Mike,

Sometimes, always, you need to be honest with yourself. I don’t wish the Habs bad, I want them to win, I just tell the truth as I see it.

___________________________________________________
    December 1,2007 – rise and fall of the 2007-08 Montreal Canadiens

20. The Ian Cobb says:

Thanks JF

PuckCast Vol. 2, No. 10 [Podcast]

Most of us are back for Inside/Out’s PuckCast No. 10 of the season, featuring Gazette sportswriter Dave Stubbs, I/O blogger Mike Boone and moderator Kevin Mio. We’ve sent the Saint Bernards out into the country to find our fourth, the snowed-in Pat Hickey. In this edition: With netminder Cristobal Huet nursing a pulled groin, what of Carey Price in the No. 1 role in goal, and will Price and Hamilton callup Jaroslav Halak be the Canadiens’ goaltending tandem of the future?; a look back at the Habs’ meltdown Saturday night against Nashville, and the team’s troubling habit of folding in the third period; so what was up with Guy Carbonneau’s bizarre (though pretty functional) lines that night?; should the team sit defenceman Andrei Markov and let him heal whatever’s bothering him?; a look at six tough games ahead; and what to make of Michael Ryder and Bryan Smolinski being healthy scratches, if that happens tonight against Detroit?

The PuckCast | Download it now