Prust will definitely play against Rangers

Canadiens coach Michel Therrien confirmed after Saturday’s morning skate in Brossard that Brandon Prust will return to the lineup Saturday night against the New York Rangers (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690) after missing eight games with a shoulder injury.

“I feel good out there and I feel I’m ready to go,” Prust said after practice Friday in Brossard before dismissing a suggestion he was rushing back to play against his former team.

“You want to make sure it’s safe to come back and you’re not going to do any further damage,” said Prust, who also said he wanted to make sure the shoulder wasn’t going to be a concern if he had to fight.

Prust had played 273 consecutive games before injuring his shoulder in Tampa Bay on March 9.

Carey Price will start in goal against the Rangers, while Nathan Beaulieu, who was called up from the Hamilton Bulldogs on Friday, will make his NHL debut.

The Canadiens held an optional skate Saturday morning in Brossard and Prust was on the ice again. The  players who didn’t skate were Michael Ryder, Tomas Plekanec, Brian Gionta, Josh Gorges, Travis Moen, Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais.

In 62 games with the Bulldogs, Beaulieu posted 6-19-25 totals and was minus-9.

“The beginning of the season was a bit tough, but I’ve been happy with my progress and want to make the most of this opportunity,” Beaulieu told reporters after Saturday’s morning skate.

Beaulieu will be paired with veteran Francis Bouillon.

Ryan White, recovering from an ankle injury, skated on the second rink in Brossard Saturday morning with strength and conditioning coach Pierre Allard.

The Canadiens also put defenceman Tomas Kaberle on waivers Saturday.

(Photo by John Mahoney/The Gazette)

Prust expected back against Rangers, by Pat Hickey

Budaj comfortable in backup role to Price, by Dave Stubbs

Subban’s star shining brightly for Canadiens, by Stu Cowan

Habs practice photo gallery

Habs fever is welcome distraction, by Gazette political columnist Don MacPherson

Rangers’ Gaborik has to be better, by New York Daily News

Big, Bad Bruins might need new plan, by Pat Hickey

Penguins win big in trade sweepstakes, by Pat Hickey

NHL stats team watches the game differently, by Brenda Branswell

Guy Boucher not to blame for Lightning’s problems, by Pat Hickey

1. durocher says:

Does anyone know if the Canadiens are interested in pursuing Antoine Laganiere (the 6’4″ homeboy forward playing for Yale) once his college season is over?

• Un Canadien errant says:

I’ve been asking the same question. All I can find is that Pittsburgh and Vancouver are some of the front runners. I hope the Canadiens make a pitch, unless, as I’ve said before, Trevor Timmins thinks he’s a stiff.

2. Habfan10912 says:

North Dakota vs Yale at 4:00 today followed by New Hampshire vs Mass-Lowell at 6:30. Winners move on to the Frozen Four in Pittsburgh on April 11 and 13.

Other games today. Quinnipaic vs Canisuis, Union vs BC, Miami (Ohio) vs Minn Mankoto, and St. Cloud vs Notre Dame

I think one of the kids Calgary picked up plays for St. Cloud

• Storman says:

By the way that was a great Bull Call , on my Wild Kristo joke , Cheers Guys great Habs prospects in action today in Kiristo, Macmillan, I will also be watching Boston College and Colin Sullivan, Pointe Claire native Mike Matheson(Panthers), Johnny Hockey Gaudreau(Flames), NCAA, CHL playoffs wow.. and Nathan Beaulieu tonight vs Rangers,, he is going to shine at the NHL level when surrounded by more skill his skating and vision will be hopefully be utilized as well on the second wave of the PP

• B says:

Yale should be a tough game, they knocked off #2 Minnesota. Here’s hoping ND makes it to the Frozen Four in Pittsburgh!

–Go Habs Go!–

3. Mavid says:

Watched Skyfall last night..disappointing really..M dies, and they shoot up that pretty car..not one of the better Bond movies I would say

4. Sportfan says:

My 2nd blog my Part three of my Expos roster this time its pitchers check it out ! Like it if you can! Haha thanks for reading!

5. Sportfan says:

Got two new blogs for you guys to check out!
    This ones James Bond related

6. Storman says:

Look for Marc Bergevin to file grievance and or tampering charges with league as it has been reported Minnesota Wild Director of Player personnel Blair Mackasey and Coordinator of Amateur Scouting Guy Lapointe, have been seen out to dinner with and courting Danny Kristo, Kristo has been reported to have recently told his former high school coach in Eden Prairie Minnesota he is very excited at joining Minnesota wild in the summer, when he becomes free agent August 15th

7. Mavid says:

the early bird catches the worm

8. Habfan10912 says:

In the “How the heck did that happen?” Department, the Ducks are now just 3 points back of the Blackhawks in the western Conference.

9. JohnBellyful says:

Here’s what I think B rgev n s uld do be re th tr d dl ne
    Ra s! my pr nt r’s run in ou of i k, w ll p s lat r

10. lavie says:

Who starts tonight, Pricey or Budajay?

Tonight’s top ten list.

Rangers head coach John Tortorella shuffled his line combinations during practice, putting Mats Zuccarello on a line with Brad Richards and Chris Kreider, and Marian Gaborik with Kris Newbury and Taylor Pyatt. Tortorella kept his No. 1 line of Carl Hagelin-Derek Stepan-Rick Nash intact, and had rookie J.T. Miller centering Brian Boyle and Ryan Callahan.

The Rangers 78 goals are the lowest total in the NHL. Most of the blame is falling on Gaborik and Richards.

How bad is Gaborik right now? Well, he’s playing on a line with Pratt and Newberry which is kind of like playing with Armstrong and Noke.
    How bad is Brad Richards? Right now he has 7 points in his last 20 games. He has goals in his last 25 games.

This could only happen in a rich market like New York but there is some off the wall talk that the Rangers could use their 2nd amnesty buyout on Richards. Gaborik would also be a consideration but he might be a trade option with one year left on his contract. If he gets a buyout then he would be the perfect replacement for Ryder next year as long as he signs for just one season. The Rangers also have to re-sign RFAs McDonagh, Stephan and Hagelin. Someone is going to be moved by October.

The Rangers have scored 13 goals in their last 9 games. That speaks volumes about their present state. The trend seems to be a very flat 1st period in which they rarely score the first goal. That should be right up Montreal’s alley.

Special teams are also a concern. The PP is 2 for 21 right now with a 14.6% average for the season. The PK has given up a goal in 7 of the last 8 games.

As usual, Lundqvist is still the man who keeps the team in most games. His stats are 2.19 and .922%. There is some talk of concussion issues after he took a bump from Girardi so there just might be an outside chance of seeing Biron tonight.

Mats Zuccarello should play tonight and Jesper Fast is on his way. This is why Halpern was waived. Right now these appear to be Sather’s trade deadline moves.

The Rangers also signed UFA college player, Conor Allen. He’s a defenseman out of UMass-Amberst. He’s probably going directly to the AHL.

Four days to go until the trade deadline. It can’t come too soon for me.

• HabsFanInTampa says:

Cut & Paste much?

• Habfan10912 says:

Great stuff Steve. I can’t help but wonder if some of the problem with Richards and Gaborik is the crappy ice they have to play half there games in. Plus the ice on the Island and New Jersey is not much better. Chris tells me that the issue with the Garden ice is the mineral content in the water which is from upstate reservoirs.
      I am wondering if Richards would benefit from playing on the good ice at the Bell Centre?

• jmsheehy19 says:

Gaborik has been getting undeserved flak in my opinion. Torts used him as a scapegoat early on, and bumped him to the 3rd line to play with boyle. But up to that point, he was playing well and leading the team in goals. Richards is the one that should have been demoted.

12. Habs First Cup win on this day in 1916..

Oh and the Habs destroyed the Leafs in a playoff game 11-0 on this day in 1944. Thought I’d throw that in….

Habs will win a “boring game,” by Torts standards, 4-2.

___________________________________________

Exploring the Habs history at Le Tir, et Le But! Follow me on Twitter

13. habstrinifan says:

Caught a glimpse of RDS show and they were mentioning Raffi Torres. Not good at understanding spoken french but I think they musta read your summary.

Edit meant for Habfab repost.

14. Mr_MacDougall says:

I have premonitions, the Habs go up 4-0 this evening and Torts has a fit, he becomes so enraged he loses control of his body and wets himself on national television.

15. twilighthours says:

With all this talk of deadline rentals, there’s been no mention of Streit. Not the big thug we could use but definitely the smart, pp guy we could use.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

he’s a HUGE minus… one of the worst in the NHL… he can ‘wire’ a puck though.

• twilighthours says:

You might even say he has a “laser beam.”

I envision him as cube’s partner getting a few ES minutes and lots of PP minutes.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

I have my hopes set on Jay-Bo.. long shot but I think he’d be a good fit and is under contract for next season.

• ed says:

I would consider Stephane Robidas;
          He’s not big, but he doesn’t play small either.
          He is experienced, very smart and cagy, quick feet, 1st on the puck, but is calm and makes very good decisions with the puck on his stick.
          shoots right, can play power play, penalty kill, 5 on 5,
          has 1 more year left at 3.3 million cap hit.
          a leader, very hard working, very competitive.
          Born in Quebec, drafted by the Habs and played 2 seasons for us.

16. stephen says:

Good morning everyone,

I’m lucky enough to be going to the game this evening and was wondering if somebody could tell me what time the Bell Centre opens to ticket holders before the game. Will be coming from out of town, so I’d like to plan accordingly!

Thanks for any help.

Cheers!

17. Danno says:

On tonight’s episode of Happy Days, the Fonz learns the hard way it isn’t cool to be a sore loser and to blame everyone but yourself for your failures. Tired of his silly antics, Al the owner of Arnold’s Drive-In finally kicks Fonzie out of his “office” – which is the men’s washroom at the malt shop.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

18. HabFab says:

A repost from yesterday but a good look at potential pick ups;

• Phil C says:

Strachan is an interesting option on that list. He played really well against Montreal the last time they played Florida. Big (6’3″, 215 lbs), physical, a willing pugilist, and a right handed shot. I think he could take a regular shift with Cube and he would not be expensive. With all the injuries in Florida, he has been playing almost 22 minutes a night.

I am also really looking forward to watching Beaulieu play. He has all the tools to play in the NHL right now, it’s just a question of his decision making. If he can simplify his game and not take too many chances, the Habs may not need to go deadline shopping.

19. Lafleurguy says:

To Whom It May Concern:

A new saying developed right here on HIO: “The late worm evades those early birds.”

“May you live in interesting times.”

20. HabFab says:

Last nights Bulldogs game. This site has most of the Bulldog game hilights;

21. showey47 says:

Is there a link available to watch yale/north dakota today?

22. Psycho29 says:

Great to have Prust back, the team did great without him, and are an even better team with him….

I didn’t realize he was a plus-13 this season……

• Habfan10912 says:

Morning Psycho. I think LafleurGuy posted yesterday that the record with Prust is pretty close to the record without him but I agree with you. It will be nice to get him back in the lineup. .

Hopefully the Habs play as bad as they did last time against the Rangers.

• Lafleurguy says:

It showed that trapping by both teams on bad MSG ice can result in the better team winning. Ice is better at the Bell, and a confident Habs team should lead to the opposite of a close game.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Marc10 says:

I’d love to hear from Torts just how downright awful Les Boys were in skating all over his Blueshirts. Me thinks a 6 goal stinker is in order!

• Cal says:

Our resident Philosopher of Grit is back in the house. Torts is going to miss him even more. ;)

• Habfan10912 says:

Funny Gerald but Torts did the same “blast the competition after a loss thing” with the team he lost to after the Habs game (I think it was the Sabres?). Since that time he’s been very timid in his statements especially with regards to the competition. Is it possible Sather may have whispered in his ear, “No More” to this classless jerk.

24. Lafleurguy says:

Tampa Bay pulled off a Habsian comeback against the Devils. Down by a couple, scored with 12 seconds left, won in a shootout. Still about 6 out of eighth.

Now that we know the Habs’ speed and all-zone-compete-for-the-puck can beat either Pittsburgh’s skating Happyfeetsters, and Bruins who would rather maul people than play hockey, games like tonight’s are are different kind of test. Whether it’s a possible worst game in a coaching career possibility or not is wholly dependent on how much trapping the Rangers will employ (a strategy that totally makes sense against the Bruins…..get it?…..bears…..trapping…..nevermind). So we’ll get to see if Les Boys can fight through the tight checking that weaker teams including their 1st playoff round opponent will employ against them.

All teams benefit from superior goaltending; strong teams are not dependent on it. Experienced fans know that strong teams will often bail out their goalies. When we lost 5-1 to Ottawa with PeterB in net, there wasn’t a whole lot (alot?) of Budaj-love going on. (I wonder if his name was a cry in the dark after the win over the bears.)

Peace/Out

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Marc10 says:

Mornin’ Guy!

The bottom 4 are really going to slug it out to make the show. Now that we’ve played the Beasts of the Easts, I’m hoping we string together a couple of wins against some hungry and desperate opponents. It should be interesting.

Rumour is Bergie is going to go after a right handed Dman as Diaz won’t make it back anytime soon.

Looks like Boston will try to land Jagr now that they’ve been spurned twice.

• Lafleurguy says:

Mornin’ M., with all due respect to your time of the day! Would be nice to add to the blueline. 6-5 and 7-6 scores are exciting but reveal vulnerablities that some strong teams can exploit. Small note; don’t think Emelin is enough of a shut-down D to pair with a gambling Markov. Another small note, Markov is slowed by knee braces that would make Usain Bolt run like a drug-free sprinter.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• JF says:

Where are you hearing this? I haven’t heard anything about Diaz except that he isn’t skating yet.

• Marc10 says:

Last reports from the 98.5/RDS guys tracking Bourque and Diaz’ progress. Bourque is skating in Georgia with the guy who looked after Sid’s concussion and Diaz is working out in the gym with no sign of progress.

I suspect we’ll find out just how it is come the deadline. We need some help for the PP (if Diaz doesn’t show) and a big presence who can clear the front of the net… But there isn’t much out there. It’s going to be interesting.

25. HabFab says:

Poor Calgary but it is kind of funny;

nhlupdate – It isn’t Easter without Jay Feaster! – Calgary fire sale slogan

26. HabsFanInTampa says:

We need a 100% healthy Brandon Prust for the playoffs. I hope he isn’t rushing back prematurely and gets hurt again.

27. Boomer says:

Commence “Operation Venus Fly Trap”… Send out gorgeous Montreal girls to upcoming UFA’s and get them to fall in love and come play in MTL… Authorization code: Delta november hot chicks…

• Clay says:

It’s funny to me how Montreal people think that the women there are better looking than girls anywhere else in the world. This is simply not the case; there are a myriad of beautiful women throughout the world, and no one country – and certainly not one city – has a monopoly on this. Take it from someone who has traveled much of the world.

__________________________
      ☞ The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. ~ Richard Feynman ☜

• wildwilly says:

I’ve traveled to over 35 countries and think Montreal women can rank themselves highly but (as you said) it is both the person and the eye of the beholder. But Montreal women seem to take a little better care of themselves, dress a bit nicer, and make excellent partners. With that said, I married a German. I think anyone who has visited Montreal and sampled the night life knows it is a great place.

• jmsheehy19 says:

Montreal has a lot of good looking girls, but I wouldn’t say they dress better.

While yoga pants damn near year round are nice to look at, they certainly don’t classify as “well dressed.”

I’ll take the southern belles in sun dresses thank you very much.

• The Cat says:

I havent been around the world, but I can say North America is in my back pocket, and I say Omaha, Nebraska is the official city of beautiful babes. Lots of blondes with scandinavian ancestry.

• geo_habsgo says:

Clay, I used to scoff at people who claimed that Montreal women were hotter than most but over time I’ve road-tripped extensively through the North American East Coast and backpacked through a large part of Europe and I have found that it is actually the truth. It is not to say that every woman is earth shatteringly beautiful but the simple fact is that if you walk down St. Catherine as any given time you won’t really spot anyone that you would honestly say is “ugly” or “unattractive”. We have a lot of babes in this city! But maybe we should play it down a little bit so that the secret doesn’t get out too much :)

• terrygain says:

I disagree. I’ve been to baseball games at several stadiums, including Yankee stadium. The difference is eye-popping.

• Psycho29 says:

@Clay
        You’ve obviously never been to Valleyfield!!

;-)

• habstrinifan says:

Finally a subject in HIO which leaves me at a loss for words… beautiful women.

• HabsFanInTampa says:

Gorgeous Montreal women that only care about what you drive or what your Postal Code is.

28. Buzz Lightbeer says:

Hey Youppi!,pound salt. We’ve got a new mascot, Miss Marie-Pier Morin.

29. H.Upmann says:

Kessel…….. Yeah? No?

30. christophor says:

Antoine Laganiere looks pretty good in this compilation:

Seems to be really quick for a big guy (6’4″), a quick stick defensively, and shields the puck well. Maybe he doesn’t have a decent shot, but the rest of his game seems much better than I expected.

Home town boy.

Btw, bravo Mr. Prust!!!

32. Skeptical says:

Rangers will be out to even things up tomorrow. Hope the Habs come to play 60 minutes ….

33. EL_PRESEDENTE says:

My software has also pointed out several flaws in the play of one Josh Gorges, who simply put, Cannot play defence worth a damn.

34. EL_PRESEDENTE says:

Hello friends and aquatances. It has come to my attention that this overachieving season we are having may very well come to a screeching halt. I, using special sports analyzing software devolved by myself, have found using advanced prediction algorithms that our habs may well fall out of the top 8 in the eastern conference of this national hockey league.

THE FUTURE IS BLACK

35. habs_54321 says:

im sorry for posting a dream trade rant but i just can’t help it!

picking up a guy like Jagr would do so much for this team, imagine what it would mean for a guy like Galchenyuk, for him to learn from a guy like Jagr could accelerate his development in light years.
    it would greatly improve our powerplay having a big body (6’4, 240 lbs) with that much skill to go get the puck in the corners and make plays from behind the net would be just what the doctor ordered especially with bourque and cole now gone. the chemistry he would have with plekanec!!

36. habbernack says:

They don’t need him aqainst the
    rangers. Rest him one more game.

37. frontenac1 says:

Ducks beat Hawks 2-1. Souray gets the game winner on a blast from the point.

38. Mavid says:

very happy Prust is back…GO HABS GO…..

39. HUDSONHAB says:

HELP. Anyone know where I can look to find what the Habs all time record is in games played on March 30th?
    ….Hab4life….

40. HUDSONHAB says:

Oops
    ….Hab4life….

41. cthabfan says:

Is Kristo planning to finish his studies after UND is finished playing?
    Doesn’t the semester end in May?

So now that Pens added Iginla, Murray, Morrow and Malkin’s back… who do they sit? That’s a lot of room to make.

43. HabFab says:

2-1 for Denver after 1st period.

44. Habfan10912 says:

UNH and Denver getting nasty. Unusual for NCAA games.

45. HabFab says:

Hab prospect #4 Didier getting some love from the announcers for his defense.
    6-2 215 19 year old shot blocking physical D

46. Lafleurguy says:

In Prust’s absence, teams record was 5-2-1 for a .688 winning percentage/ratio. With Prust, 16-5-4 for a .720 winning percentage. Sample size is small and therefore not statistically significant. Winning percentage calculated based on points available to the team, and not affected by the number of 3-point games played. If Chara didn’t give Markov a tip on how to score with 8.2 sec. left, a 4-3-1 record results in a .568 winning percentage/ratio.

“May you live in interesting times.”

47. Dunboyne Mike says:

Great Gazette photo of PK embellishing being simultaneously cracked in the face with a stick and slew-footed by the talented hockey purist Bradley Marchand.

“It’s so sad that embellishment had come into our game, so sad that the refs couldn’t spot it in my clean hit on Subban.”

• sheds88 says:

it kind of looks like P.K. helped the stick to his face…. i can see why some people don’t like our little P.K.

• Dunboyne Mike says:

I agree “kind of looks”.

But imo much easier to imagine it’s how his hand went in an instinctive effort to fend off the stick, while at the same time falling over backwards having had his feet kicked out from under him.

What’s hard to imagine, for me anyway, is that at game speed PK becomes aware of the proximity of the stick and thinks, “NOW to influence the officials’ ruling on this play by quickly leveraging this hockey stick into my own face! Mwa ha ha!!”

• Lafleurguy says:

Actually, I think P.K. was trying to hold the stick which could have resulted in a penalty. This move is used by most NHLers. It is not unique to Subbie nor does it represent the bulk of his play that had Raymond Bourque praising his high skill level and the strong possibility in being the best, or in trophy-speak, a Norris winner.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Dunboyne Mike says:

Could be, Guy, could be. And if I say to anyone “I’ve never, ever seen PK hold a stick,” it’s with my fingers crossed!

But do you think it’s the case on this one? I’m just visualising what my hands do if my feet are kicked out from under me and I’m falling/being dragged backwards…

(The other caption that occurred to me was, “Hey! Somebody get this randy poodle off my leg! Oh, it’s only you Bradley.”)

• Lafleurguy says:

Dun, these incidents happen so fast. I know both knew the other was there and capable of damaging each other so the reflex reaction to protect himself is highly probable. When Sami Salo was submarined and injured by Marchand, likely Salo hadn’t looked up rat yet in his English-Swedish dictionary.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• Mc says:

You mean Bradley the Foul Mouthed Turtle?

48. Habfan10912 says:

Final. 2-1. Kristo with the game winner. UND played a great 3rd period. Niagara goalie was stellar in defeat. Great game to watch.

49. jols101 says:

Any updates on Kristo’s game? How is he looking? Is his team winning? If they lose can he come and play for the Habs/Bulldogs right away?

• Habfan10912 says:

30 seconds left. 2-1 UND. Kristo looks great.

• HabFab says:

They won 2-1 so still active. Announcers comment says it all “Kristo probably the best goal scorer in the NCAA”. Fast, extremely slick and always going to the net.

• jols101 says:

When is this NCAA tourny over? I just want to see what he can do at the Pro level. It has been a long time since we drafted him. Hope the wait will be worth it and ,of course, hope he signs with us.

• Habfan10912 says:

Tournament Final game is April 13. Kristo may be playing in Montreal April 14. He’s that good.

• Lafleurguy says:

Would make me ask Chris Who*?

“May you live in interesting times.”
            *chriskreider.

• showey47 says:

If he is good enough to step right into the habs lineup,it would be a bonus if he could play left wing and be just as good with bourque still on the shelf.

• Lafleurguy says:

It was brought up last playoff season with Kreider, the fact that he played solely for playoff bonus money since all contract salaries are payed out in full by the end of the regular season.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• piper says:

i have only seen him play in the juniors tourney but if he’s that good MB needs to make room for him. Where?

50. frontenac1 says:

Tom the Bomb Kostopolis loses another tilt with Goudas.

51. petefleet says:

I watched the game against Pitt today on PVR. The Pens were lucky to win that game. MTL took it to them the whole game and missed a half dozen good chances. There were long stretches that Pitt didn’t get a look at the net, let alone a shot on it. No wonder MT was happy with his team’s performance in spite of the loss. The Habs are for real and I don’t see any huge gaping holes in their lineup. Halpern was a very good pick up and showed it in the games against Pitt and Bos. Pleks can now concentrate on offense. Should be fun to watch.

******************************************
    “Backup goalie getting the shut out is like your mistress babysitting your kids. Did a great job but still feels wrong.”

Mutt

***Habs Forever***

52. POPS says:

Is Kovalev an option?

53. Habfan10912 says:

Kristo’s skill level is NHL ready.

54. Loonie says:

Eagles’ goalie definitely shaky since his own player nailed him after the whistle.

55. wild flower says:

UND down one zip going into the third and then Danny Kristo…

56. Danno says:

“We’re gelling”

Brandon Prust

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

57. HabFab says:

Kristo 2-1!

“Kristo shows why he may be the best player in the NCAA” as per the color commentary.

58. Habfan10912 says:

Kristo! 2-1 UND. What a friggin play. A wrap around goal.

59. frontenac1 says:

Easter cocktails are ready for Hawks vs Ducks tonight. Should be a Corker. Don’t miss it Amigos!

60. jols101 says:

She will have Prusty speaking French fluently in no time.

Great to have him back in the lineup.

Go Habs Go!!!

61. frontenac1 says:

Nice!The Heartbeat of The Habs is back!

62. DAVE. N says:

Douglas Murray. who was traded for by the Pens the other day:

In 2005, shared the Cleveland Barons’ Rubbermaid player-of-the-year award with Canadiens defenceman Josh Gorges.

And Murray and several classmates at Cornell University invented the UberTap, a hands-free, three-spout beer dispenser.

This is talent that we should have traded for, and I’m not talking about the rubbermaid award!

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Penguins+trade+sweepstakes/8170918/story.html#ixzz2OyQyKOqo

63. Hali_Hab says:

Any one know where a guy could stream episodes of 24 ch on line?

64. Danno says:

The art of Darth

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

65. HabFab says:

In case you have not seen before, pictures taken at the Alumni game in Montreal a week ago. Link goes to story but click the picture tab and get a look at some of the old heroes today;

66. Da Hema says:

I missed Prust. Welcome back!!

67. Da Hema says:

…an even less dubious honor for third….

68. twilighthours says:

What the hell, first

69. HabFab says:

Idiotic, moronic and downright stupid!

70. Lafleurguy says:

Sounds like you’re kidding but you got to work in a smiley face or something.

“May you live in interesting times.”

71. jols101 says:

aj was surly joking. Right?

72. Danno says:

Foolhardy, irresponsible and ill-advised

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

73. Habfan10912 says:

And it begins. Sigh.

74. Lafleurguy says:

But aside from these three things, do you see some positives in this hypotheical?

“May you live in interesting times.”

75. Habfan10912 says:

Sure, if you’re Tampa’s owner.

76. HabFab says:

Let me see…………….NOPE!

77. Danno says:

I knew that. CHeers aj! :mrgreen:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

78. Habfan10912 says:

Remind me to ignore your post on Monday. :).

Because otherwise it’s too subtle?

80. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

They saved the best for last. Beaulieu can clearly carry, pass and shoot the puck at an NHL level.

81. Habfan17 says:

It is nice now to be bringing up players for evaluation and coaching rather than to “save” the team. We get a glimpse of the future and the players get to audition with little pressure.

Habfan17

82. savethepuck says:

I think it may of been planned to call up all 3 of these guys, but may be possible they left Beaulieu to be the 3rd D call up to give him the extra dozen plus games in the AHL to work on his defensive game a little more. Don’t think there is any questioning his offensive ability.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

83. Chrisadiens says:

If a team could just pick Kaberle up for free right now, why would a team trade for Kaberle later?

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

84. Phil C says:

If he clears waivers, highly unlikely he gets traded.

85. Chrisadiens says:

Am I missing something here? The article doesn’t say anything about the possibility of trading Kabs.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

86. Phil C says:

Or he could be claimed on waivers tomorrow.

87. Chrisadiens says:

For free. Without giving the Habs anything. I don’t understand the point AJ is trying to make here.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

88. Chrisadiens says:

See Franks’ (Habfab’s) post below. He points out the reason for the move.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.