Price to start, O’Byrne, Darche sit

There were no surprises at the morning skate in Buffalo.

Carey Price will start in goal tonight. Defenceman Alexandre Picard will return to the lineup in place of Ryan O’Byrne and Mathieu Darche will also be a healthy scratch.

Tonight marks the 40th anniversary of the Sabres’ first game – they lost 3-0 to the Canadiens – and Henri Richard and former Sabre Floyd Smith will participate in the ceremonial faceoff prior to the game.

1. TomNickle says:

Re: Boucher

Tampa is 3-0

Toronto is 3-0

Dallas is 3-0

Edmonton is 2-1

Smoke in mirrors folks.  Another 79 games left for each team.

2. HabsMitch says:

I love the Habs more than any team but there is a very strong case that TB is more talented than the Habs.

3. TomNickle says:

We need to capitalize on our powerplay.  Less even strength icetime might be in order.  But not a visit to the pressbox.

I agree with you and 7800 below explains why they need him in the lineup.

5. Mattyleg says:

No, that’s a great idea!

Any time anyone makes a mistake, ANYONE, sit them out!

Fantastic. We’ll play half our games down 5 players.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

6. Storm Man says:

I think what you smell is Bugs and his Jambalaya. OB for a draft pick but if Pouliot is traded it would be for another player that can play in the lineup.

7. SmartDog says:

Yeah but let Price play how many games? 65? 70??
    Isnt’ it better to give him a break every 4 games or so (total 60 games)?
    ———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

8. Kooch7800 says:

I agree he has a lot to learn.  Problem is they need him to quarterback the PP. I would actually send him down for a few games if he continues to play bad.  He is going to be great but is still very young and is very eager.

His biggest asset is confidence, it is also his biggest weakness

9. SmartDog says:

1. Gomez.  Gionta at least is getting dirty.

2. No, never. Boucher was a HUGE loss.  I said this at the time.

3. True I guess.  Stats don’t lie.  Ever.

4. Auld should play every now and then to keep him warm and to let Price sit without feeling like crap about the last game. 60 games would be a lot for him.

5. I’m going Gill.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

10. TomNickle says:

What coach would work for your organization after you’ve fired one that got you to ECF in favour of a one year professional?

11. squally10 says:

I’ll probably get attaced for this, but I think that PK should be the one sitting tonight. He cost us the the game against TB. I think he needs to learn to calm down a little, and 1 night in the press box would help. As for OB, I thought he was pretty solid in the last game.

12. jimmy shaker says:

Yesssss……I don’t have to give up my presidency of the MAB fan club just yet…….He’s still on the habs radar folks as per RDS.  Of course they are downplaying it and saying that they don’t need his shot from the point, but an 0 for 9 skid so far this season and not even looking close to dangerous on the PP is giving MAB a real chance, and I say go get him PG.  I know you guys all want to wait and see till Marky gets back, but MAB with Marky = LETHAL.  Pick him up before someone else does and at least you have the guy in the mix ready to go if you need him!

Shaker

13. Kooch7800 says:

1.  Both just brutal – Invisible

2. JM is a good coach and so is Boucher.  I have a feeling Muller is being groomed to be the number one  in a cuople years.

3. Possibly.  If we had some powerplay goals we would be in a better spot.

4. Price is ready to play.  This season is live or die by him so let the kid play and work out his kinks and get better.

5. Cammy has been taking a lot of meat head penalties this season.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it is him

14. SmartDog says:

Re. Boucher.  Watch and learn Tom!  Mark my words, Boucher WILL live up to the hype. The start isn’t a fluke.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

15. The Cat says:

That, and special teams.

16. notbigbird says:

JM can’t control himself. If MAB’s there, he plays him.