Price to get the start against Panthers

Here’s latest from The Gazette’s Pat Hickey in Florida.

Carey Price will start in goal tonight.
Michael Ryder will be a healthy scratch, while Tom Kostopolous will play.

Sergei Kostitsyn is expected to move up and take Ryder’s spot on the line with Saku Koivu and Christopher Higgins.

1. nightmare_49 says:

I thought it was the other way around but the bottom line is that they both embarassed themselve last night and let’s drop it for there’s no need of that anymore and it is as lame as the continuing jokes about the purse scenario.

2. grimmreaper says:

If it’s you, I congratulate you for sticking it to the americans.

3. G-Man says:

Chips, Locke and Grabovski are not 6′ 3″ and weigh 230. Everybody moans for a power forward, but because he’s French, young and is learning with the big boys, they don’t like it. He plays roughly 10 mins a game and has twice as many goals that Ryder who is on the PP (until recently). Is that enough reason to play him?

Gilbert

4. G-Man says:

Yeah, that why there are so many (sarcasm)playing on a team that used to be dubbed, “The Flying Frenchmen.”
    Huet, Lapierre, Latendresse, Begin, Bouillon, and Brisebois. Wow, there’s no room for anyone else! (That’s more sarcasm)
    Love the “What system” remark. Exactly which team have you been watching this season, anyway?

Gilbert

5. The Teacher says:

Ohhh man….LMAO

Even a teacher is always learning, I wasn’t quick on the ball today.

6. downeast hab says:

Its time to call a spade a spade. Carbo is french oriented. if Ryder was pronounced Ryduur he would be still in the lineup over some other non acheiving players. man. where would the habs be without Kovys line. there are some players on this team getting the royal s—wing from Carbo and his, well what system.

Teach – Yes, Grimson’s nickname was The Grim Reaper and that’s why I selected his name as a sample of a hockey goon because the original poster uses the same ID name. I thought I was being quite clever but now my quick-witted remark has lost it’s lustre. Why? Because I’ve had to explain it three times – to a teacher of all people!! Which is what got the whole thing started in the first place:-)

Here’s hoping that Carey Price can steal this game for us tonight. Keep the faith.

The Original 24 Cups

8. PGHABS says:

great intelligent comments

good read
    _______________________________________
    Pessimism is a cowards way out.

9. The Teacher says:

So sorry ;) I found it quite amusing I must say.

So I’m incorrect in thinking Stu Grimson’s nickname was The Grim Reaper? I was serious about that question!

Gut check is right. Bleeeeehhhh

Adriano – You not being the afore mentioned “Teach” just took all the steam out of my ‘humourous’ dig. Stu Grimson (Grim Reaper) relates to the ID tag of the original poster.

As for the Habs, tonight is a bit of a gut check, plain and simple.

The Original 24 Cups

11. The Teacher says:

I’ll have to assume you guys mean me, as I do get called Teach here. However, the “Teach” on the Atlanta website is most definitely not me.

Wasn’t Stu’s nickname the Grim Reaper?

I’m pretty sure that post I made is on Boone’s blog that got post-blocked.

I have no idea what to expect tonight, that is as honest as I can be. I would say I have more pessimistic feelings that I do optimistic, but we’ll see. Hopefully Price decides to steal a game tonight.

12. The Teacher says:

If you think I embarrassed myself, you’re sorely mistaken.

This is now your third post on the matter. Drop it ;)

13. Proudones says:

All players get paid in U.S. funds.