Price talks!

To the Tri-City Herald (shout-out to Mark C for finding the story).

He doesn’t sound like a player sweating a holdout:

The Canadiens opted to keep Price and on June 17, traded Halak to the
St. Louis Blues for forwards Lars Eller and Ian Schultz.

“They
had to make a decision and they did,” Price said. “I was just riding it
out. I’m happy to still be there. Montreal is a great place to play and
the fans are great.”

Price, 22, and the Canadiens still were in
contract negotiations as of Monday.

“You know how I am, roll as
you go,” Price said. “I’m a restricted free agent, it’s pretty much wait
and see and come to an agreement that is fair to both sides.”

•  •  •

Two Randys to coach the Bulldogs

Cunneyworth as head coach, Ladouceur as his assistant.

Maybe Cunneyworth and Kirk Muller can talk about old times at training camp.

Check out a long list of Cunneyworth bouts on YouTube. Highly recommended: the KO of Markus Naslund.

Fearless prediction: Not a lot of back-talk from the ‘Dogs this season.

• And Guy Boucher hires his Hamilton assistants for the Lightning.

•  •  •

Gomez and Cammalleri at Camp BioSteel

SjHLMG1N9hk

1. derfab says:

Babcock bows to Jacques Lemaire. Neither learned anything about hockey at McGill.

character is derfab destiny.

2. Bill J says:

Can’t think of another reason all these “particular” Ex-Habs where mentioned ?

Not a one eh ?

sigh!

3. Bill J says:

You know what – I perhaps believed the rumour on this one.

I can’t find anything mentioning it “officially”

OK back to hoping this becomes reality! lol

4. LA Loyalist says:

I was in LA that day, and I was also really upset and angry. I think the team was here or he was here. I wanted to go to the hotel and apologize to him, but it was too weird.

5. SeriousFan09 says:

Darcy Tucker is well past his prime as an agitator/enforcer and Richards is often confused by situations that don’t involve him putting an elbow into a check or blindsiding somebody when it comes to physical play.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

6. JD_ says:

Far as I know, the Brunet thing was merely rumour until now.

Demers said goodbye at the end of the playoffs.

Two potential vacancies for Crete’s round table and Mario Tremblay looking for work.

Lock your windows and hide the kids.

7. jkirk says:

That’s a pretty expensive bag of magic beans.

Good luck with the website.

8. derfab says:

Cunneyworth will do a good job.

This Boucher stuff is sickening.  Boucher has never played pro hockey and, with the exception of Tampa, has had very strong teams handed to him since the beginning of his very short career. Honestly, what putz can do wrong as an assistant with the national junior team?

The guy is 2 parts political appointee, 1 part hockey coach who Tampa got on the cheap. A rookie McGill twit as opposed to a 20 year nhl vet. … PULEASE!…

character is derfab destiny.

9. Bill J says:

Was already announced a while back

Demers also not returning if I remember correctly.

10. HabFanSince72 says:

Forget Max Pac too.

11. Bill J says:

What a confusing post this is.

1) You seem to love another Captain Kirk… 😉

2) your reference to Star Wars (Jar Jar) while being a Kirk lover is tantamount to “Does not compute”

lol 😉

12. HabFanSince72 says:

I chuckled at this entry on Bieksa’s wikipedia page:

A relative unknown in his first couple of seasons in the NHL,[27]
    his last name, which is pronounced phonetically (
    Bee-ek-sa), was
    frequently mispronounced by sports newscasters and hockey broadcasters
    such as Bob Cole and Harry
    Neale
    of
    Hockey Night in Canada.

It’s at best 50/50 that those two will either mispronounce a player’s name or mistake him for someone else altogether. I remember Cole calling Lapierre “Laperriere”.

13. PuckBuddy says:

It was rumoured to be a top prospect so AK would be out of the running. I’d say Max Pacioretty because his development has taken a bit of a hit in the last year. Personally, I think once he fills out his frame he’ll be able to compete more on a nightly basis but I could see him going the other way. Another name could be Carle or Weber. With Subban cracking the NHL this year, the Habs have a one too many right handed OFD in the system which they could move without breaking a sweat.

– Matt

14. TorontoHabsFan says:

It’s pretty obvious that it wouldn’t matter what Price said, Tony here would slam him for it.

15. gauver says:

he’s not a spolied brat, he is easy-going and always has been that way.  as he states, he is rolling with the punches.

16. HabFanSince72 says:

Forget O’B.

Just forget about him.

17. Bill J says:

I think your not far off with your Cap hit for Price.

I think more like 3 years.

and the Habs certainly have a bad poker face if as you say they “want Price to prove his worth”

😉

18. HabFanSince72 says:

Sorry but our D lacks physicality. Bieksa is physical and he was leading scorer among Canuck D-men his two full seasons.

He missed a lot of games in the last 3 years but both times it was due to freak incidents (skate cuts).

And he beat the tar out of Darcy Tucker and Mike Richards.

19. SeriousFan09 says:

Going by Eklund, Alexander Frolov, Gilbert Brule and Andrew Cogliano have been on the roster for at least a year in MTL already. Guy’s just blowing smoke out of his rear because he can’t dangle BS Kovalchuk rumours anymore.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

20. jkirk says:

I, too, love Captain Kirk.

When Martin gets fired or forced out next season for making Jar-Jar Price fight for the #1 goalie spot, I hope they put Kirk in charge of the team. When they fire him for making the same decisions regarding Price as Carbo and Martin, maybe more fans will finally start to understand what all this Price stuff is doing to the franchise.

21. Bill J says:

You do have a good point

counting PK & O’B – the Habs have 7 D…

Like I said, because Eklund is saying it will happen, means it will not happen.

No worries :)

22. PuckBuddy says:

I think Price will sign for a 2-year $6 million contract. His career stats will be brought into the negotiations which should bump up his salary a little higher than most think. I think anything more than 2-3 years won’t happen because the habs want to see him prove his worth and Price will believe he can get a big pay raise in a few seasons if all goes as planned.

I’ve started a hockey website recently so feel free to check it out here: http://www.puckbuddy.com or http://www.twitter.com/puckbuddymatt

Cheers,

Matt

23. SeriousFan09 says:

Oyoyoyoy… How will we cope?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

24. Bill J says:

1) the fact that Eklund is reporting it, means it will NOT happen.

2) IF it where to happen, more likely AK46 is the one shipped. (Cap Hit Vs. Cap Hit)

25. avatar_58 says:

NO DAMNIT – I don’t want to see another d-man eat a rookie’s spot on the roster, nor do I want to see another one of our prospect forwards do better on another team. Stick with what we have.

26. forskis says:

Um…how is letting management make the decision and letting the chips fall where they may be an example of a bad attitude?  His fate was in management’s hands, there was nothing he could do except wait.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

27. Mark C says:

Vancouver.

28. HabFanSince72 says:

Why does Vancouver want to get rid of Beiksa? I thought he was meant to be a good d-man with good leadership.

His cap hit is only $3.75M and he beat the tar out of both Darcy Tucker and Mike Richards last year. If we can get him for say Max Pac, then it seems like a pretty good deal.

29. Bill J says:

He’s from B.C.

30. pmaraw says:

you dont remember that goal he scored for canada at the 02′ olympics I believe?  gold medal game?  pass goes thru lemieux’s legs?

31. Bill J says:

Ayayaye!

I mean

WOOHOO!!!! 😀

32. Castor says:

No more Benoit Brunet on RDS

33. Bill says:

You gotta love Captain Kirk! When they traded him was my most upsetting day as a fan. I was in a band at the time and I even wrote a song about it! Ah, youth.

Full Breezer 4 Life

34. ZepFan2 says:

They’re here as well?

Alert Tony Tantrum at once.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

35. bwoar says:

Experienced guys, good to see.

36. Rugger says:

I thought he was Alaskan?

37. pmaraw says:

two positives make a negative?

38. TommyB says:

What!  Kariya hasn’t filed for Canada Pension yet?  Or is he going to double-dip?

39. avatar_58 says:

Why wouldn’t you give that job to Eller, Boyd, Pacoretty, Palushaj, White, Desharnais, Trotter, etc etc etc

40. LA Loyalist says:

then we’d have a matched set of smurfs, think what we’ll save in uniforms, only having to order “small” – and since when is Frolov a top 9 winger? No one here in LA is very impressed with him, but at least Gomez would be happy.

41. Bill J says:

you forgot about Jacques Demers and Serge Savard.

lol

42. aemarchand11 says:

haha well done
    2010-2011

43. aemarchand11 says:

haha well done
    2010-2011

44. aemarchand11 says:

**IGNORE**

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

45. aemarchand11 says:

**IGNORE**

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

46. Mark C says:

For any Elvis is still alive conspiracy theorists out there. Ladouceur sure looks a lot like Freddie Mercury.

47. ZepFan2 says:

Frank Mahovolich and Ken Dryden are in the house?

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

48. TommyB says:

We’re talking about minor-league coaching here.  Cunneyworth spent roughly 20 seasons in the NHL, only four of them with Ottawa.  And that’s what you dwell on?  The Ottawa connection?

Some like to refer to it as the “old boys club”.  But the reality of running a hockey business is that you need to hire people that you are both familiar with, and that you trust.  Trust is probably the most important.

49. likehoy says:

hurry up and sign carey effin price!!!

once we sign price we can look for a top 9 winger in frolov or kariya. i wouldn’t object to signing another undersized player in paul kariya for a year at 2 million or less.

50. ZepFan2 says:

Not if Jacques “Moses” Martin has anything to say about it!

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

51. Mike Boone says:

Yup. My bad typing strikes again!

52. Bill J says:

:O

Call Area 51 – this is a Class A Conspiracy theory.  This must all be swept under the rug!!!!

lol

53. ZepFan2 says:

Montreal is a great place to play and the fans are great.

Yeah, what a crappy thing to say about the fans here. lmao

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

54. SlovakHab says:

Wait, it gets much much worse..

Ladoceur spent some time in Anaheim.. AND Carey Price is from Anahim Lake, BC..

55. JD_ says:

By January, I will want RC in Montreal.

From decent choice to second coming. So it is written, so it shall be done.

56. avatar_58 says:

Why are you reposting? This was already stated in a sarcastic “wheres tony” fashion. You are too slow and predictable, please to be coming up with a new “thing”

57. otter649 says:

Double post…….

Whoa Baby – What’s Going On In Pennsylvania…..(Bob Cole)

58. Mark C says:

Must say that I was little disappointed, that that was all he had to say on the matter. I mean, these are the men entrusting with leading the farm team.

59. Bill J says:

Even a Former Leafs 1st round pick is attending this thing (Tyler Seguin)

lol

I agree with Bryan and Tommy,  Cunneyworth is a decent choice to coach our farm team.

61. Bill J says:

HA!

Like clockwork… You show up.

62. SeriousFan09 says:

As in if they start smartassing or just yapping back at the coach, Cunneyworth is going to knock them around a bit, ex-NHL enforcer.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

63. SlovakHab says:

Aaalright.. Gotcha. Thanks.

64. Ricky says:

Why did they hire Randy? All he does is mow lawns drunk! You can’t trust a man without a shirt!

65. SlovakHab says:

Should I be worried that Cammalleri and Gomez will be spending time with the likes of Stajan, Colaiacovo, Staios and Cogliano..? OMG, Oilers and former Leafs..

66. nightmare_49 says:

Randy Cunneyworth is a decent replacement for Guy Boucher and i hope he can develop our prospects and Ladouceur seems to have experience but i’d rather have Lyle Odelien than an ex-laff.

In thr words of our fearless leader Mr.Boone : Not a long of back-talk from the ‘Dogs this season.

67. Malreg says:

I believe he meant to say “Not a lot of back talk”, as in the players won’t give the coach any problems.

68. TommyB says:

Though the names may not be awe-inspiring, the coaches hired for the Hamilton farm both have plenty of NHL experience behind them as players.  They will know what the prospects need to improve on if they are to make the jump to the NHL.  Let’s hope they have some decent communication skills.  Stability behind the bench is all that is required.  You don’t necessarily need a budding superstar coach at the AHL level to help these kids along.

69. SlovakHab says:

still don’t get the sentence. Was it supposed to be “Not a lot”?

Spezza is talking again. No one else wants him !Clearing The Air

71. Curtoph says:

I think because both the new Coaches were tough guys in the NHL.

72. SlovakHab says:

What does it mean “Not a long of back-talk from the ‘Dogs this season”?

73. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Price talks are “Restricted”.

74. secretdragonfly says:

In the interest of accuracy, this link was posted earlier this morning by Mark C on the Kovy II thread and subsequently re-ignited the s*tstorm of Price vs Halak nonsense.

75. Mike Boone says:

OK, I’ll change the credit

The remaining high end UFAs as posted by TSN..

77. Exit716 says:

Great, so I guess the Bull Dogs will go from playing Boucher’s up tempo aggressive puck pursuit game to a dull and drab Jacques Martin-esque system.

Ladouceur got fired twice in the OHL. That says a lot.

78. RetroMikey says:

Boucher had luck on his side coaching Hamilton with the nucleus of players he had in Glumac, Russell, Trotter, Henry, Dwsjardins to name a few.

Let’s see how he does in Tampa.

Cunnyworth and Ladoceur will fit in fine.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

79. avatar_58 says:

They didn’t hire Mr. Lahey too?

80. Bill J says:

Oh Boy – this thread must be causing Tony’s ears to ring.

Former Martin & Gauthier guys.

Also apparently have been coached by <cringes> Pierre McGuire.

from Boucher to …..  Even I’m a bit speechless ….

81. Mark C says:

Boone, we have much more important things than internet posting timelines to worry about. Pierre McGuire coached both of the Randy’s during his time fetching hot dogs for Holmgren in Hartford. Anyway, can’t you hear it now, “get excited Montreal, you just got a whole lot of double Randy!”

82. tonymr says:

Why, since you already acknowledged MarkC? However, maybe we can blame you somewhat for dangling another bone!

This was a practiced move, fake the slapshot, kick it up to your stick and roof it. Great move!

Video: Wild prospect either covers goof or pulls shootout beauty

84. RetroMikey says:

Welcome both Randys to Hamilton, and yes, they will succeed as coaches with the nucleus of hard working players they have but what concerns me with all the Bulldogs signings, do any of them really have a future in Montreal?

I just love the shuffling in the organization, and hope Montreal does more until we can finally say we are a contender on the ice and in the office.

Good move today by the Molson Borthers.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

85. forskis says:

Um…no offense but weren’t you one of the many who were enraged that Boucher was allowed to leave with his entire staff and that you hated almost every off-season move made so far by the organization (especially the Halak trade)?

Did someone slip some Kool-Aid into your juice or hypnotize you when you werwen’t paying attention?

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

86. Exit716 says:

This is a brilliant strategic move aimed at protecting Martin.

Two unilingual Anglos are no threat to be parachuted in to Montreal to take over from Martin.

The heir-apparent and his staff were allowed to skate to Tampa.

Martin will limp through the remainder of his contract.

87. Howie55 says:

Isnt Ladouceur a Francophone?

Pour moi, Saku c’est un champion qui n’a pas encore gagné. Il joue comme un champion, il s’entraîne comme un champion, il mange comme un champion. Un jour, il le deviendra

88. SeriousFan09 says:

Why are tinfoil hats suddenly so fashionable at Habs I/O this offseason?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

89. LA Loyalist says:

I think you are 90% right, probably. Boucher was a huge threat to Martin if Habs – sorry, WHEN Habs stumble out the gate this October. But they’re not even smart in their game playing – the smart thing to do in the NHL is completely blow up the team for draft pix and then you have 3 or 4 years before anyone starts to really complain about not being competitive.

“to failing hands we pass the torch”

Rangers vs Canucks Line Brawl | Sean Avery trash talks Darcy Hordichuk and Sh.

Some summer fun!

Rangers – Canucks BRAWL | Sean Avery thrashtalks Hordichuk [Nov 3rd, 2009]

Sorry I can not put the link up properly for you.!

91. Thurston says:

Per the team release, Ladouceur is from Brockville.

Not sure if that answers your question or not…

92. Howie55 says:

No Sure. I really dont care. I was just responding to the ignorant post above regarding hiring anglos and Martins job being safe blah blah blah.

93. LA Loyalist says:

ignorant? When management makes strategically and tactically dumb moves said moves may well have political motivations.

For the 100th time I ask you to explain: what is the Gauthier / Martin plan? – beyond holding on to power – what is it? I don’t see a plan. What is it? Pretend I’m ignorant and explain it to us.

94. SeriousFan09 says:

Same plan 29 other hockey teams have, Win the Cup.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

95. RetroMikey says:

1.  Yes I was enraged, we gave him a job and he brushed us aside, he only wanted an NHL head coaching job and he was not patient to wait another 2 years or so to get that head coaching job he yearned.. to coach the Canadiens/ He’s going to pay the price when he gets axed by Tampa Bay,  Isn’t that the case in the NHL?  Young protential NHL head coaches thrown into the den with the lions and then getting eaten alive? Anybody remeber Greg Gilbert as a player, coach of the AHL Worcester Ice Cats assistant coach of Falmes, and then head coach of Calgary?  Well everyone knows waht happened to Greg after getting the axe with the Flames.

2.  I really don;t care for Julian Brisebois and the others, never did I see him in his office when I went to pick up tickets in Hamilton and he was our GM of the Dawgs?  As far as I know it was a title given to him by Boivin and how nice is it that he worked out from Montreal than Hamilton?  I don’t get it.  Good luck in sunny Florida along with Boucher.

3.  But the sun is shining very slowly for me,  Boivin will be gone in another year (I was very vocal for him to be fired right from the getgo), hopefull Bobby will be out of the picture along with Gauthier who cannot make decisions on his own without consulting with Bobby first and foremost.  Our new assistant GM Carriere can perform a better GM job with his hands tied behind his back than both of these 2 combined.

4.  Timmins is the last along with several other scouts  I’d like to see gone.  I’ve said we needed a major overhaul in the front office and the Molson Brothers are seeing the day of light since Gillet did not when he had control of the team.

5.  I was not happy for the Halk trade, and hope that I am wrong but I see a Carey Price as nothing more than average at best as our starter and to play in the NHL.  Also. the Plekanec signing was absurd.  If Price is not performing to snuff come December, we have problems.  In my opinion, I believe Price thought he was going to be traded and Halak was going to remain a Hab.  Big mistake!!

6.  The team has alot to prove this season.  Are we better than last season with Eller and Boyd in the fold?  Time will tell but if the team starts floundering in the standings, the panic button will be pushed by fans and the media.

Need I say more forskis? Have a great summer.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “