Price talks!

To the Tri-City Herald (shout-out to Mark C for finding the story).

He doesn’t sound like a player sweating a holdout:

The Canadiens opted to keep Price and on June 17, traded Halak to the
St. Louis Blues for forwards Lars Eller and Ian Schultz.

“They
had to make a decision and they did,” Price said. “I was just riding it
out. I’m happy to still be there. Montreal is a great place to play and
the fans are great.”

Price, 22, and the Canadiens still were in
contract negotiations as of Monday.

“You know how I am, roll as
you go,” Price said. “I’m a restricted free agent, it’s pretty much wait
and see and come to an agreement that is fair to both sides.”

•  •  •

Two Randys to coach the Bulldogs

Cunneyworth as head coach, Ladouceur as his assistant.

Maybe Cunneyworth and Kirk Muller can talk about old times at training camp.

Check out a long list of Cunneyworth bouts on YouTube. Highly recommended: the KO of Markus Naslund.

Fearless prediction: Not a lot of back-talk from the ‘Dogs this season.

• And Guy Boucher hires his Hamilton assistants for the Lightning.

•  •  •

Gomez and Cammalleri at Camp BioSteel

SjHLMG1N9hk

1. derfab says:

Babcock bows to Jacques Lemaire. Neither learned anything about hockey at McGill.

character is derfab destiny.

2. Bill J says:

Can’t think of another reason all these “particular” Ex-Habs where mentioned ?

Not a one eh ?

sigh!

3. Bill J says:

You know what – I perhaps believed the rumour on this one.

I can’t find anything mentioning it “officially”

OK back to hoping this becomes reality! lol

4. LA Loyalist says:

I was in LA that day, and I was also really upset and angry. I think the team was here or he was here. I wanted to go to the hotel and apologize to him, but it was too weird.

5. SeriousFan09 says:

Darcy Tucker is well past his prime as an agitator/enforcer and Richards is often confused by situations that don’t involve him putting an elbow into a check or blindsiding somebody when it comes to physical play.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

6. JD_ says:

Far as I know, the Brunet thing was merely rumour until now.

Demers said goodbye at the end of the playoffs.

Two potential vacancies for Crete’s round table and Mario Tremblay looking for work.

Lock your windows and hide the kids.

7. jkirk says:

That’s a pretty expensive bag of magic beans.

Good luck with the website.

8. derfab says:

Cunneyworth will do a good job.

This Boucher stuff is sickening.  Boucher has never played pro hockey and, with the exception of Tampa, has had very strong teams handed to him since the beginning of his very short career. Honestly, what putz can do wrong as an assistant with the national junior team?

The guy is 2 parts political appointee, 1 part hockey coach who Tampa got on the cheap. A rookie McGill twit as opposed to a 20 year nhl vet. … PULEASE!…

character is derfab destiny.

9. Bill J says:

Was already announced a while back

Demers also not returning if I remember correctly.

10. HabFanSince72 says:

Forget Max Pac too.

11. Bill J says:

What a confusing post this is.

1) You seem to love another Captain Kirk… 😉

2) your reference to Star Wars (Jar Jar) while being a Kirk lover is tantamount to “Does not compute”

lol 😉

12. HabFanSince72 says:

I chuckled at this entry on Bieksa’s wikipedia page:

A relative unknown in his first couple of seasons in the NHL,[27]
    his last name, which is pronounced phonetically (
    Bee-ek-sa), was
    frequently mispronounced by sports newscasters and hockey broadcasters
    such as Bob Cole and Harry
    Neale
    of
    Hockey Night in Canada.

It’s at best 50/50 that those two will either mispronounce a player’s name or mistake him for someone else altogether. I remember Cole calling Lapierre “Laperriere”.

13. PuckBuddy says:

It was rumoured to be a top prospect so AK would be out of the running. I’d say Max Pacioretty because his development has taken a bit of a hit in the last year. Personally, I think once he fills out his frame he’ll be able to compete more on a nightly basis but I could see him going the other way. Another name could be Carle or Weber. With Subban cracking the NHL this year, the Habs have a one too many right handed OFD in the system which they could move without breaking a sweat.

– Matt

14. TorontoHabsFan says:

It’s pretty obvious that it wouldn’t matter what Price said, Tony here would slam him for it.

15. gauver says:

he’s not a spolied brat, he is easy-going and always has been that way.  as he states, he is rolling with the punches.

16. HabFanSince72 says:

Forget O’B.

Just forget about him.

17. Bill J says:

I think your not far off with your Cap hit for Price.

I think more like 3 years.

and the Habs certainly have a bad poker face if as you say they “want Price to prove his worth”

😉

18. HabFanSince72 says:

Sorry but our D lacks physicality. Bieksa is physical and he was leading scorer among Canuck D-men his two full seasons.

He missed a lot of games in the last 3 years but both times it was due to freak incidents (skate cuts).

And he beat the tar out of Darcy Tucker and Mike Richards.

19. SeriousFan09 says:

Going by Eklund, Alexander Frolov, Gilbert Brule and Andrew Cogliano have been on the roster for at least a year in MTL already. Guy’s just blowing smoke out of his rear because he can’t dangle BS Kovalchuk rumours anymore.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

20. jkirk says:

I, too, love Captain Kirk.

When Martin gets fired or forced out next season for making Jar-Jar Price fight for the #1 goalie spot, I hope they put Kirk in charge of the team. When they fire him for making the same decisions regarding Price as Carbo and Martin, maybe more fans will finally start to understand what all this Price stuff is doing to the franchise.

21. Bill J says:

You do have a good point

counting PK & O’B – the Habs have 7 D…

Like I said, because Eklund is saying it will happen, means it will not happen.

No worries 🙂

22. PuckBuddy says:

I think Price will sign for a 2-year $6 million contract. His career stats will be brought into the negotiations which should bump up his salary a little higher than most think. I think anything more than 2-3 years won’t happen because the habs want to see him prove his worth and Price will believe he can get a big pay raise in a few seasons if all goes as planned.

I’ve started a hockey website recently so feel free to check it out here: http://www.puckbuddy.com or http://www.twitter.com/puckbuddymatt

Cheers,

Matt

23. SeriousFan09 says:

Oyoyoyoy… How will we cope?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

24. Bill J says:

1) the fact that Eklund is reporting it, means it will NOT happen.

2) IF it where to happen, more likely AK46 is the one shipped. (Cap Hit Vs. Cap Hit)

25. avatar_58 says:

NO DAMNIT – I don’t want to see another d-man eat a rookie’s spot on the roster, nor do I want to see another one of our prospect forwards do better on another team. Stick with what we have.

26. forskis says:

Um…how is letting management make the decision and letting the chips fall where they may be an example of a bad attitude?  His fate was in management’s hands, there was nothing he could do except wait.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

27. Mark C says:

Vancouver.

28. HabFanSince72 says:

Why does Vancouver want to get rid of Beiksa? I thought he was meant to be a good d-man with good leadership.

His cap hit is only $3.75M and he beat the tar out of both Darcy Tucker and Mike Richards last year. If we can get him for say Max Pac, then it seems like a pretty good deal.

29. Bill J says:

He’s from B.C.

30. pmaraw says:

you dont remember that goal he scored for canada at the 02′ olympics I believe?  gold medal game?  pass goes thru lemieux’s legs?

31. Bill J says:

Ayayaye!

I mean

WOOHOO!!!! 😀

32. Castor says:

No more Benoit Brunet on RDS

33. Bill says:

You gotta love Captain Kirk! When they traded him was my most upsetting day as a fan. I was in a band at the time and I even wrote a song about it! Ah, youth.

Full Breezer 4 Life

34. ZepFan2 says:

They’re here as well?

Alert Tony Tantrum at once.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

35. bwoar says:

Experienced guys, good to see.

36. Rugger says:

I thought he was Alaskan?

37. pmaraw says:

two positives make a negative?

38. TommyB says:

What!  Kariya hasn’t filed for Canada Pension yet?  Or is he going to double-dip?

39. avatar_58 says:

Why wouldn’t you give that job to Eller, Boyd, Pacoretty, Palushaj, White, Desharnais, Trotter, etc etc etc

40. LA Loyalist says:

then we’d have a matched set of smurfs, think what we’ll save in uniforms, only having to order “small” – and since when is Frolov a top 9 winger? No one here in LA is very impressed with him, but at least Gomez would be happy.

41. Bill J says:

you forgot about Jacques Demers and Serge Savard.

lol

42. aemarchand11 says:

haha well done
    2010-2011

43. aemarchand11 says:

haha well done
    2010-2011

44. aemarchand11 says:

**IGNORE**

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

45. aemarchand11 says:

**IGNORE**

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

46. Mark C says:

For any Elvis is still alive conspiracy theorists out there. Ladouceur sure looks a lot like Freddie Mercury.

47. ZepFan2 says:

Frank Mahovolich and Ken Dryden are in the house?

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

48. TommyB says:

We’re talking about minor-league coaching here.  Cunneyworth spent roughly 20 seasons in the NHL, only four of them with Ottawa.  And that’s what you dwell on?  The Ottawa connection?

Some like to refer to it as the “old boys club”.  But the reality of running a hockey business is that you need to hire people that you are both familiar with, and that you trust.  Trust is probably the most important.

49. likehoy says:

hurry up and sign carey effin price!!!

once we sign price we can look for a top 9 winger in frolov or kariya. i wouldn’t object to signing another undersized player in paul kariya for a year at 2 million or less.

50. ZepFan2 says:

Not if Jacques “Moses” Martin has anything to say about it!

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

51. Mike Boone says:

Yup. My bad typing strikes again!

52. Bill J says:

:O

Call Area 51 – this is a Class A Conspiracy theory.  This must all be swept under the rug!!!!

lol

53. ZepFan2 says:

Montreal is a great place to play and the fans are great.

Yeah, what a crappy thing to say about the fans here. lmao

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

54. SlovakHab says:

Wait, it gets much much worse..

Ladoceur spent some time in Anaheim.. AND Carey Price is from Anahim Lake, BC..

55. JD_ says:

By January, I will want RC in Montreal.

From decent choice to second coming. So it is written, so it shall be done.

56. avatar_58 says:

Why are you reposting? This was already stated in a sarcastic “wheres tony” fashion. You are too slow and predictable, please to be coming up with a new “thing”

57. otter649 says:

Double post…….

Whoa Baby – What’s Going On In Pennsylvania…..(Bob Cole)

58. Mark C says:

Must say that I was little disappointed, that that was all he had to say on the matter. I mean, these are the men entrusting with leading the farm team.

59. Bill J says:

Even a Former Leafs 1st round pick is attending this thing (Tyler Seguin)

lol

I agree with Bryan and Tommy,  Cunneyworth is a decent choice to coach our farm team.

61. Bill J says:

HA!

Like clockwork… You show up.

62. SeriousFan09 says:

As in if they start smartassing or just yapping back at the coach, Cunneyworth is going to knock them around a bit, ex-NHL enforcer.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

63. SlovakHab says:

Aaalright.. Gotcha. Thanks.

64. Ricky says:

Why did they hire Randy? All he does is mow lawns drunk! You can’t trust a man without a shirt!

65. SlovakHab says:

Should I be worried that Cammalleri and Gomez will be spending time with the likes of Stajan, Colaiacovo, Staios and Cogliano..? OMG, Oilers and former Leafs..

66. nightmare_49 says:

Randy Cunneyworth is a decent replacement for Guy Boucher and i hope he can develop our prospects and Ladouceur seems to have experience but i’d rather have Lyle Odelien than an ex-laff.

In thr words of our fearless leader Mr.Boone : Not a long of back-talk from the ‘Dogs this season.

67. Malreg says:

I believe he meant to say “Not a lot of back talk”, as in the players won’t give the coach any problems.

68. TommyB says:

Though the names may not be awe-inspiring, the coaches hired for the Hamilton farm both have plenty of NHL experience behind them as players.  They will know what the prospects need to improve on if they are to make the jump to the NHL.  Let’s hope they have some decent communication skills.  Stability behind the bench is all that is required.  You don’t necessarily need a budding superstar coach at the AHL level to help these kids along.

69. SlovakHab says:

still don’t get the sentence. Was it supposed to be “Not a lot”?

Spezza is talking again. No one else wants him !Clearing The Air

71. Curtoph says:

I think because both the new Coaches were tough guys in the NHL.

72. SlovakHab says:

What does it mean “Not a long of back-talk from the ‘Dogs this season”?

73. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Price talks are “Restricted”.