Price talks!

To the Tri-City Herald (shout-out to Mark C for finding the story).

He doesn’t sound like a player sweating a holdout:

The Canadiens opted to keep Price and on June 17, traded Halak to the
St. Louis Blues for forwards Lars Eller and Ian Schultz.

“They
had to make a decision and they did,” Price said. “I was just riding it
out. I’m happy to still be there. Montreal is a great place to play and
the fans are great.”

Price, 22, and the Canadiens still were in
contract negotiations as of Monday.

“You know how I am, roll as
you go,” Price said. “I’m a restricted free agent, it’s pretty much wait
and see and come to an agreement that is fair to both sides.”

•  •  •

Two Randys to coach the Bulldogs

Cunneyworth as head coach, Ladouceur as his assistant.

Maybe Cunneyworth and Kirk Muller can talk about old times at training camp.

Check out a long list of Cunneyworth bouts on YouTube. Highly recommended: the KO of Markus Naslund.

Fearless prediction: Not a lot of back-talk from the ‘Dogs this season.

• And Guy Boucher hires his Hamilton assistants for the Lightning.

•  •  •

Gomez and Cammalleri at Camp BioSteel

SjHLMG1N9hk

1. Mark C says:

Vancouver.

2. HabFanSince72 says:

Why does Vancouver want to get rid of Beiksa? I thought he was meant to be a good d-man with good leadership.

His cap hit is only $3.75M and he beat the tar out of both Darcy Tucker and Mike Richards last year. If we can get him for say Max Pac, then it seems like a pretty good deal.

3. Bill J says:

He’s from B.C.

4. pmaraw says:

you dont remember that goal he scored for canada at the 02′ olympics I believe?  gold medal game?  pass goes thru lemieux’s legs?

5. Bill J says:

Ayayaye!

I mean

WOOHOO!!!! :D

6. Castor says:

No more Benoit Brunet on RDS

7. Bill says:

You gotta love Captain Kirk! When they traded him was my most upsetting day as a fan. I was in a band at the time and I even wrote a song about it! Ah, youth.

Full Breezer 4 Life

8. ZepFan2 says:

They’re here as well?

Alert Tony Tantrum at once.

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

9. bwoar says:

Experienced guys, good to see.

10. Rugger says:

I thought he was Alaskan?

11. pmaraw says:

two positives make a negative?

12. TommyB says:

What!  Kariya hasn’t filed for Canada Pension yet?  Or is he going to double-dip?

13. avatar_58 says:

Why wouldn’t you give that job to Eller, Boyd, Pacoretty, Palushaj, White, Desharnais, Trotter, etc etc etc

14. LA Loyalist says:

then we’d have a matched set of smurfs, think what we’ll save in uniforms, only having to order “small” – and since when is Frolov a top 9 winger? No one here in LA is very impressed with him, but at least Gomez would be happy.

15. Bill J says:

you forgot about Jacques Demers and Serge Savard.

lol

16. aemarchand11 says:

haha well done
    2010-2011

17. aemarchand11 says:

haha well done
    2010-2011

18. aemarchand11 says:

**IGNORE**

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

19. aemarchand11 says:

**IGNORE**

Go Habs Go! 2010-2011

20. Mark C says:

For any Elvis is still alive conspiracy theorists out there. Ladouceur sure looks a lot like Freddie Mercury.

21. ZepFan2 says:

Frank Mahovolich and Ken Dryden are in the house?

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

22. TommyB says:

We’re talking about minor-league coaching here.  Cunneyworth spent roughly 20 seasons in the NHL, only four of them with Ottawa.  And that’s what you dwell on?  The Ottawa connection?

Some like to refer to it as the “old boys club”.  But the reality of running a hockey business is that you need to hire people that you are both familiar with, and that you trust.  Trust is probably the most important.

23. likehoy says:

hurry up and sign carey effin price!!!

once we sign price we can look for a top 9 winger in frolov or kariya. i wouldn’t object to signing another undersized player in paul kariya for a year at 2 million or less.

24. ZepFan2 says:

Not if Jacques “Moses” Martin has anything to say about it!

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

25. Mike Boone says:

Yup. My bad typing strikes again!

26. Bill J says:

:O

Call Area 51 – this is a Class A Conspiracy theory.  This must all be swept under the rug!!!!

lol

27. ZepFan2 says:

Montreal is a great place to play and the fans are great.

Yeah, what a crappy thing to say about the fans here. lmao

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

28. SlovakHab says:

Wait, it gets much much worse..

Ladoceur spent some time in Anaheim.. AND Carey Price is from Anahim Lake, BC..

29. JD_ says:

By January, I will want RC in Montreal.

From decent choice to second coming. So it is written, so it shall be done.

30. avatar_58 says:

Why are you reposting? This was already stated in a sarcastic “wheres tony” fashion. You are too slow and predictable, please to be coming up with a new “thing”

31. otter649 says:

Double post…….

Whoa Baby – What’s Going On In Pennsylvania…..(Bob Cole)

32. Mark C says:

Must say that I was little disappointed, that that was all he had to say on the matter. I mean, these are the men entrusting with leading the farm team.

33. Bill J says:

Even a Former Leafs 1st round pick is attending this thing (Tyler Seguin)

lol

I agree with Bryan and Tommy,  Cunneyworth is a decent choice to coach our farm team.

35. Bill J says:

HA!

Like clockwork… You show up.

36. SeriousFan09 says:

As in if they start smartassing or just yapping back at the coach, Cunneyworth is going to knock them around a bit, ex-NHL enforcer.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

37. SlovakHab says:

Aaalright.. Gotcha. Thanks.

38. Ricky says:

Why did they hire Randy? All he does is mow lawns drunk! You can’t trust a man without a shirt!

39. SlovakHab says:

Should I be worried that Cammalleri and Gomez will be spending time with the likes of Stajan, Colaiacovo, Staios and Cogliano..? OMG, Oilers and former Leafs..

40. nightmare_49 says:

Randy Cunneyworth is a decent replacement for Guy Boucher and i hope he can develop our prospects and Ladouceur seems to have experience but i’d rather have Lyle Odelien than an ex-laff.

In thr words of our fearless leader Mr.Boone : Not a long of back-talk from the ‘Dogs this season.

41. Malreg says:

I believe he meant to say “Not a lot of back talk”, as in the players won’t give the coach any problems.

42. TommyB says:

Though the names may not be awe-inspiring, the coaches hired for the Hamilton farm both have plenty of NHL experience behind them as players.  They will know what the prospects need to improve on if they are to make the jump to the NHL.  Let’s hope they have some decent communication skills.  Stability behind the bench is all that is required.  You don’t necessarily need a budding superstar coach at the AHL level to help these kids along.

43. SlovakHab says:

still don’t get the sentence. Was it supposed to be “Not a lot”?

Spezza is talking again. No one else wants him !Clearing The Air

45. Curtoph says:

I think because both the new Coaches were tough guys in the NHL.

46. SlovakHab says:

What does it mean “Not a long of back-talk from the ‘Dogs this season”?

47. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Price talks are “Restricted”.

48. Storm Man says:

Just a observation you don’t know much at all about football after reading your post. Breeze was released by San Diego after a threatening shoulder injury. Rivers was going to be the starter next year anyways so it was easy for the Chargers to let Breeze to sign with the Saints. I think it has worked out very well for both teams.

49. Malreg says:

I fall in the middle of both extremes on the opinion of Boucher. I think he will EVENTUALLY be a good coach at the NHL level, but he is very inexperienced and has yet to prove anything.

I like how the same people(that may not be exactly you TripleX, but many others that I have noticed) will say that Carey Price has not proven anything, and what he did in the Juniors, at the World Juniors, and in the Calder Cup in the AHL don’t mean squat, but yet, they do not hesitate to quote Boucher’s success at all of those same levels when people question his accomplishments.

All of those qualities you quoted sound great for a Junior coach, a coach who works with kids who are still learning and developing, but we have no idea how any of that will translate when he’s coaching millionaire professionals that are almost as old as he is.

I think he has tons of potential, but I won’t cry over his departure until he proves, over at least a few years, that he is an NHL coach(I say a few years because even Carbo was nominated for the Jack Adams in his 1st year, where is he now?). I would not have been comfortable with him taking over the Canadiens after 1 year in the AHL.

No matter what anyone thinks of Martin, you can’t replace a coach who has over 1,000 games at the NHL level, top 10 in wins all-time, 3 times nominated for the Jack Adams, and who in his first year took a brand new team who was never supposed to make the playoffs in the first place(according to all “experts”) to the conference finals, after eliminating the top 2 teams in the East.

50. Malreg says:

Frolov is basically AK version 2.0. And by 2.0 I don’t mean a newer better version like Windows 7, he’s more like the Windows Vista version of AK.

51. sprague cleghorn says:

Oyoyoy.

52. LA Loyalist says:

I think I can explain Price. He is like Drew Breeze, lots of talent, San Diego felt they had to play him because he was a fancy draft pick and cost a bundle, but Doug Flutie was a far smarter quarterback at that time, though on the tail end of his career, but they rushed Breeze, messed up him and the team chemistry. He left, went to New Orleans and finally won a Stupor Bowl after years of growing pains. If Breeze had been brought along slowly, they probably would have won something in San Diego, they wouldn’t have had to wear out Thomlinson, a lot of things would have been better.

Just an observation, I’m no football expert, but the parallels with Price and his development are interesting. Discuss among yourselves.

53. sprague cleghorn says:

What about the entire game that Neale called Theodore Thibodaux?  And this was after he won the Hart.

54. LA Loyalist says:

ok now i’m interested.

55. LA Loyalist says:

baaa…, baaaa….

56. LA Loyalist says:

People here in LA are not so hot on Frolov. Another soft Russian who won’t go in the paint is not exactly what we need here guys.

Nice one!!

58. Jordio-oh says:

All I could find was that he was traded from the Smith Falls Bears to the Fort McMurray Oil Barons in Alberta. Last season in the Alberta Junior A league he went 18-10-2 with a 2.82 and a .905%.  He’s got one more year with the Barons and then I think he might become too old. He also split time with a goalie who had a better year than him, but that same goalie is also a year older than Quattrochi.

59. SeriousFan09 says:

Not necessarily when they stopped playing hockey and started coaching, the idea is more about the approach to coaching the individual players and stepping away from more authoritarian systems like Tortorella or Mike Keenan would use.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

60. Rugger says:

That’s how i felt from the beginning of the Boucher Saga.  Too many times lately we have been the ones breaking in Rookie coaches that have had some success after the tough learning years here.  3-4 years from now (or however long his contract with TB is) he may very well be back.

61. TripleX says:

I agree with SF09 the closest to Boucher is Cory Clouston of Ottawa with his limited experience combined with the academic background.

Babcock is a bit of a hybrid model and is perhaps the link between the old and new.  Babcock has extensive minor league coaching experience combined with and academic background from McGill.

I think his incredible success in the NHL may have paved the way for Clouston and Boucher.

“And I am really looking forward to watching Michael Cammalleri in the NHL. He had an awesome year in the AHL.” PIERRE McGUIRE

62. TorontoHabsFan says:

If the only criterion is that they didn’t really play the game, then it’s not all that new – Maurice didn’t really and neither did Bowman.

The undergrad degree bit seems to be overblown – it’s not like university graduates are rare anymore. Many NHL players these days have them.

I’m just not seeing how revolutionary any of this is is all.

63. JD_ says:

Thanks. Found that site earlier.

Still someone telling someone who told someone.

But I’m into this hope scene, man, so it’ll have to do for now.

64. SeriousFan09 says:

I would say Mike Babcock in DET and Cory Clouston in OTT, not really familiar with Dan Bylsma’s record in PIT but he’s young enough to fit the bill.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

65. HabFab says:

Played last year in the AJHL for Fort McMurray.

Didn’t seem to be much with his stats.

66. TripleX says:

Yes it is risky with zero guarantee of success.  Maybe this the perfect place for Boucher to try it out where there is little pressure for immediate results.  Yzerman and Boucher have the time to roll the dice in Tampa.

No way Boucher would have had the same opportunities in Montreal before the fans and media went looking for blood.  More and more I am going to your viewpoint that this is the best thing for Montreal and Boucher.  Let him try it in Florida and if it works then pull out all the stops to bring him back.

67. TorontoHabsFan says:

From everything I’ve read to date:

1-3-1 is to the NHL as “spread offense” is to the NFL. :)

68. Storm Man says:

Must be a E7.

69. TorontoHabsFan says:

How many others are there that could be said to be part of this New Model?

70. TripleX says:

OLD, with regards to the traditional way of making it to the NHL coaching ranks.  A former player who pays his dues in the minor leagues like Anderson who coached there for 17 years before making the move.

NEW, in that Boucher came basically out of academia with little in the way of experience coaching at the pro level.  His expertise is in the psychological aspects of coaching and motivation rather than in spending years riding the buses.  What he brings is not experience but a new and innovative approach to coaching.

71. sholi2000.com says:

lol, he has to be at least 18 now.

They Call Me Shane

72. sholi2000.com says:

Hear Hear!

They Call Me Shane

73. Drive_For_25 says:

Anyone know anything about this kid??  He doesn’t even show up on hockeydb.com:

Josepsh Quattrocchi : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQlUXDlkbA

This is all I could find out about him with a quick search of his name from Robert L.’s site habseyeontheprize.com from a 2008 prospect rundown:

Joseph Quattrocchi

Sixteen year old Joseph Quattrocchi of the CJHL’s Smiths Falls Bears
    was also given a training camp invite in 2007, but never appeared. His
    name was briefly listed on a press release issued by the Canadiens for
    their summer development camp, and his absense has never been explained.

Quattrocchi was named the CJHL’s goaltender of the month for December of 2008.

Not getting overexcited about some D-camp highlights but man what a glove!

74. GrimJim says:

Ah, Eklund, where reality goes MIA and the truth sits on the sidelines laughing…

75. SeriousFan09 says:

Not sure how well he can implement it with Tampa though, it relies a lot on having a very mobile defence unit that can move the puck and while our farm team lacked size with St. Denis, Weber, Carle and Subban, they were all capable of moving the puck as necessary. I think Boucher will have to be more conservative than he would like to start with TB as they work to upgrade their D.

I think his approach is the new wave in the NHL, but time will tell whether or not this new wave concept will just become a new system of coaching to go with the others or become the dominant one.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

76. RetroMikey says:

1.  Yes I was enraged, we gave him a job and he brushed us aside, he only wanted an NHL head coaching job and he was not patient to wait another 2 years or so to get that head coaching job he yearned.. to coach the Canadiens/ He’s going to pay the price when he gets axed by Tampa Bay,  Isn’t that the case in the NHL?  Young protential NHL head coaches thrown into the den with the lions and then getting eaten alive? Anybody remeber Greg Gilbert as a player, coach of the AHL Worcester Ice Cats assistant coach of Falmes, and then head coach of Calgary?  Well everyone knows waht happened to Greg after getting the axe with the Flames.

2.  I really don;t care for Julian Brisebois and the others, never did I see him in his office when I went to pick up tickets in Hamilton and he was our GM of the Dawgs?  As far as I know it was a title given to him by Boivin and how nice is it that he worked out from Montreal than Hamilton?  I don’t get it.  Good luck in sunny Florida along with Boucher.

3.  But the sun is shining very slowly for me,  Boivin will be gone in another year (I was very vocal for him to be fired right from the getgo), hopefull Bobby will be out of the picture along with Gauthier who cannot make decisions on his own without consulting with Bobby first and foremost.  Our new assistant GM Carriere can perform a better GM job with his hands tied behind his back than both of these 2 combined.

4.  Timmins is the last along with several other scouts  I’d like to see gone.  I’ve said we needed a major overhaul in the front office and the Molson Brothers are seeing the day of light since Gillet did not when he had control of the team.

5.  I was not happy for the Halk trade, and hope that I am wrong but I see a Carey Price as nothing more than average at best as our starter and to play in the NHL.  Also. the Plekanec signing was absurd.  If Price is not performing to snuff come December, we have problems.  In my opinion, I believe Price thought he was going to be traded and Halak was going to remain a Hab.  Big mistake!!

6.  The team has alot to prove this season.  Are we better than last season with Eller and Boyd in the fold?  Time will tell but if the team starts floundering in the standings, the panic button will be pushed by fans and the media.

Need I say more forskis? Have a great summer.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

77. secretdragonfly says:

In the interest of accuracy, this link was posted earlier this morning by Mark C on the Kovy II thread and subsequently re-ignited the s*tstorm of Price vs Halak nonsense.

78. Mike Boone says:

OK, I’ll change the credit

The remaining high end UFAs as posted by TSN..

80. Exit716 says:

Great, so I guess the Bull Dogs will go from playing Boucher’s up tempo aggressive puck pursuit game to a dull and drab Jacques Martin-esque system.

Ladouceur got fired twice in the OHL. That says a lot.

81. RetroMikey says:

Boucher had luck on his side coaching Hamilton with the nucleus of players he had in Glumac, Russell, Trotter, Henry, Dwsjardins to name a few.

Let’s see how he does in Tampa.

Cunnyworth and Ladoceur will fit in fine.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

82. avatar_58 says:

They didn’t hire Mr. Lahey too?

83. Bill J says:

Oh Boy – this thread must be causing Tony’s ears to ring.

Former Martin & Gauthier guys.

Also apparently have been coached by <cringes> Pierre McGuire.

from Boucher to …..  Even I’m a bit speechless ….

84. Mark C says:

Boone, we have much more important things than internet posting timelines to worry about. Pierre McGuire coached both of the Randy’s during his time fetching hot dogs for Holmgren in Hartford. Anyway, can’t you hear it now, “get excited Montreal, you just got a whole lot of double Randy!”

85. tonymr says:

Why, since you already acknowledged MarkC? However, maybe we can blame you somewhat for dangling another bone!

This was a practiced move, fake the slapshot, kick it up to your stick and roof it. Great move!

Video: Wild prospect either covers goof or pulls shootout beauty

87. RetroMikey says:

Welcome both Randys to Hamilton, and yes, they will succeed as coaches with the nucleus of hard working players they have but what concerns me with all the Bulldogs signings, do any of them really have a future in Montreal?

I just love the shuffling in the organization, and hope Montreal does more until we can finally say we are a contender on the ice and in the office.

Good move today by the Molson Borthers.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

88. forskis says:

Um…no offense but weren’t you one of the many who were enraged that Boucher was allowed to leave with his entire staff and that you hated almost every off-season move made so far by the organization (especially the Halak trade)?

Did someone slip some Kool-Aid into your juice or hypnotize you when you werwen’t paying attention?

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

89. Exit716 says:

This is a brilliant strategic move aimed at protecting Martin.

Two unilingual Anglos are no threat to be parachuted in to Montreal to take over from Martin.

The heir-apparent and his staff were allowed to skate to Tampa.

Martin will limp through the remainder of his contract.

90. Howie55 says:

Isnt Ladouceur a Francophone?

Pour moi, Saku c’est un champion qui n’a pas encore gagné. Il joue comme un champion, il s’entraîne comme un champion, il mange comme un champion. Un jour, il le deviendra

91. SeriousFan09 says:

Why are tinfoil hats suddenly so fashionable at Habs I/O this offseason?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

92. LA Loyalist says:

I think you are 90% right, probably. Boucher was a huge threat to Martin if Habs – sorry, WHEN Habs stumble out the gate this October. But they’re not even smart in their game playing – the smart thing to do in the NHL is completely blow up the team for draft pix and then you have 3 or 4 years before anyone starts to really complain about not being competitive.

“to failing hands we pass the torch”

Rangers vs Canucks Line Brawl | Sean Avery trash talks Darcy Hordichuk and Sh.

Some summer fun!

Rangers – Canucks BRAWL | Sean Avery thrashtalks Hordichuk [Nov 3rd, 2009]

Sorry I can not put the link up properly for you.!

94. Thurston says:

Per the team release, Ladouceur is from Brockville.

Not sure if that answers your question or not…

95. Howie55 says:

No Sure. I really dont care. I was just responding to the ignorant post above regarding hiring anglos and Martins job being safe blah blah blah.

96. LA Loyalist says:

ignorant? When management makes strategically and tactically dumb moves said moves may well have political motivations.

For the 100th time I ask you to explain: what is the Gauthier / Martin plan? – beyond holding on to power – what is it? I don’t see a plan. What is it? Pretend I’m ignorant and explain it to us.

97. SeriousFan09 says:

Same plan 29 other hockey teams have, Win the Cup.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.