Price starts, Lapierre in press box

As expected, Carey Price gets the start tonight in Buffalo.

Jacques Martin has shaken up his forward lines, relegating Maxim Lapierre to the press box.

Tom Pyatt, who had been playing with Tomas Plekanec and Andrei Kostitsyn, was replaced by Michael Cammalleri but Pyatt wll stay in the lineup. He starts in the injured Travis Moen’s spot on the third line with Dominic Moore and Sergei Kostitsyn, but Martin said he may move Mathieu Darche into that spot if he needs more muscle.

Darche will start the game on the fourth line with Glen Metropolit and Marc-André Bergeron.

PRE-GAME AUDIO: Tyler Myers | Lindy Ruff | Mike Cammalleri | Jacques Martin

1. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Thanks Chris! The other goalie is a grade 12 ‘pro’ goalie, but I’ll keep your advice in mind. Hopefully, I’ll outgoal him between the pipes, haha.

2. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Thanks a LOT, Harvey. I really like your pre-game warm up advice. And I hope you have a great game tonight. I’ll – wait, everyone here will be cheering you on!

3. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Thanks Tyler! I’ve noticed that a lot of rookie goalies over-think. I am assuming it changes with experience but I’ll keep it in mind.

4. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Thank you, sir. You’re an experienced coach and a successful one too, so I will definitely take your advice.

5. HNS says:

Thanks. Hope he has a good game……………..

6. Ghosts of the Forum says:

Apparently Glenn Hall used to throw up before most games he played, and he did alright, so don’t let the nerves bother you!  Just channel them in the right direction, and if you are practicing that hard, I’m sure you’ll be fine.  Just go out there and enjoy playing the game!

7. Say Ash says:

Just focus on stopping more pucks than the other guy and you’ll be fine. In all seriousness, though, just have fun.

8. joeybarrie says:

This sounds cheesy, but it has worked. I coached a soccer team of kids about your age. We were a AA team in a AAA tournament. We beat the good teams, and ended up going to a shootout in the semi finals. I looked at the kids and you could see in their faces how sick to their stomach they were. I told them this “remember how you are feeling right now. There are alot of boring moments in your life, and you will remember this one as a big one. Win or lose the fun is in the attempt. Whether its glory or glorious defeat, the feeling will go away. When they do, I promise you, you will do things in order to get them back. First kiss. First goal. These things you will remember and wish you could go back. So in this moment ENJOY IT. Either way, if you give it your best you will be happy over time. Take the chance. Play your game. But remember to enjoy it.” I asked for 5 volunteers to shoot a penalty shot.  We won 3-0. Only because my first three players scored, and the goalie saved all 3 of theirs, and they ended it. We won gold by the way, The kids will never forget it. It was a moment that changed their life. And they remembered to have fun along with it and not let it pass them by based on fear of losing. You will fail and you will succeed. Just remember the ride. Once its over, there is no going back.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. jimmy shaker says:

Thanks, I think!

Shaker

10. jimmy shaker says:

Is that for me?  If so, thanks

Shaker

Good call, Lapierre in the press box!!

12. Les Habitants says:

Don’t over think it, just relax and play to the best of your ability. Sometimes over worrying can be your worst enemy. Eat right, stay hydrated (very important). Listen to some high tempo music before you play. I personally like to get dressed early, do some light stretching and bounce a tennis ball off the wall and catch it with my glove hand to warm up my hand-eye coordination. Most important of all is to just have some fun out there, I know how cliché that is but your not going to stick with or work at anything you don’t enjoy. I’ve been in an Sr floor hockey league for 4 years and this is what works for me. Anyway got to get ready for my own game tonight, game 5 of the finals tied 2-2. Good luck!

P.S I may be a bit bias but a Habs jersey and mask seems to bring me luck!

The last time the leafs won the cup it was still just a bowl!!

13. pmaraw says:

good luck sir, seems reasonable?

14. pmaraw says:

good call on price in net

15. jimmy shaker says:

With 4 game winning goals, and exactly what the team needs right now…..a 1- trick PP guy!  So MAB over Laps any day of the week!

Shaker

16. HABSsince92 says:

Haha. I’ve been taking votes all day at my job. I was leaning towards Price because he’s playing though….

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

17. light_n_tasty says:

My advice, as a goalie who’s often nervous: don’t over-think and concentrate the puck.

Good luck!

18. SeriousFan09 says:

MAB is -11 and hadn’t scored a goal in some time before he was scratched. We’re not exactly slotting in a top player here guys, a 1-trick PP guy with no hitting and little defence is all that MAB is.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

19. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Really nervous right now. Intramural hockey starts tomorrow and our team is facing the Grade 12 kids. I am a grade 10 student AND this is my ‘rookie’ year. Going to practice all day long, so I might miss the match.

What do some of you goalies do, in order to feel more confident in net? I am really nervous. Thanks.

GO HABS GO!

20. diehardhab says:

lappy is -15. nuff said

The torch be yours to hold it high!

21. Say Ash says:

Game time decision?

22. HABSsince92 says:

I’ll be rocking either a 1915-16 Price jersey or a 1993 Stanley Cup Roy jersey. Section 208

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

23. Chuck says:

Look for me in the vintage red #14 Tremblay jersey.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

24. Kjell_Dahlin25 says:

Pyatt?

Lapierre sure played like crap in November/December but I thought that he was playing better since the olympic break; he was hitting everything that moved, his play alongside Moore and Moen was borderline great (he relentlessly went to the net, his forchecking effort was impressive…) and the 4th line of Darche – Metropolit – Lapierre was providing 10-12 minutes of solid hockey imo.

However “Pyatt instead of Lapierre” was to be expected: Martin has a serious man crush on Pyatt-like players!

Pyatt provides a solid forechecking effort and speed (just like Lapierre btw) and he limits his mistakes but, and that’s where the man crush kicks in, he is undersized, he does not produce offensively and he never hits.

————-

Tom Pyatt: 23 years old, left handed, 5’11” 187 pnds, 32GP, 1G and 3A (0,13 point per game), 23 hits (0,7 hit per game)

Maxim Lapierre: 24 years old, right handed, 6’2” 207, 69GP, 6G and 6A (0,17 point per game), 152 hits (2,2 hits per game)

————-

=> In Martin’s philosophy, speed IS a panacea. Who cares about hits, size and grits… right? On the verge of the playoffs, it is a source of concerns. With Lapierre and Moen out (our two leaders in terms of hits and two of our biggest forwards), tonight’s line-up is dangerously entering deep in Soft – Very Soft! – territory.

Frankly it is a growing source of concern (Martin’s inclination toward speed and its result: one of the softest line-up I ever saw!) and I truly miss the days of Bouillon, Kostopoulos, Latendresse, Komisarek and Bégin!

Imo Martin’s team, more than anywhere else in the league, badly needs a PP that is firing on all its cylinders because I am not sure that we are well equipped for even strength playoffs hockey.

That being mentioned… Go Cammalleri!

25. mike g says:

Alright guys, what do you think of Simple Jack’s “Mise-O-Jeu” for tonight?

MTL/BUF -shootout

DETROIT to beat St-Louis

LA/COL -shootout

LIDSTROM to beat Gonchar in points

GIONTA to beat Pomminville in points

4$ bet= $780

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

26. habzfan2003 says:

Well I can bet everything I have that i’ll be watching the game on TSN :p

27. Say Ash says:

Are Ryder’s airplane schematics still up there?

28. dh says:

I like to listen to Joel Bouchard between periods but for me the problem with RDS is there is no play by play.  Half the time you see penalties and have no idea how it happened because they’re talking about NASCAR or something. Don’t know what happened to Pierre Houde but he does very poor play by play this year.

What works for me is usually to watch on RDS and during the game, listen to the play by play on the radio. – At least as long as they stop putting up those banners that block the bottom of the ice during the game…

29. smiley4 says:

Actually Shaker it is the doctor’s call. so I blame the doctors. I mean does 2 days make THAT BIG A DIFFERENCE when you’ve been out 5-6 weeks. OK they weren’t in game shape. I’d take Cammy at 75% anyday. So Agreed-they should have been in the line-up Monday given what’s at stake and with 10 left in the season.

30. SeriousFan09 says:

Shame we never got to see the circus that would have been RDS had Guimauve sat out that Nashville game if Gionta’s foot hadn’t been broken. It would have been epic.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

31. mike g says:

I’m willing to bet my house, car, and every signle dollar I have in my accounts that Lapierre will be talked about more than once by Benoit Brunet.

And, the camera will show him sitting in the press box at least once.

They don’t do this for any other scratched players

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

32. Thurston says:

Luongo was awful in the gold medal game as well. Looked shaky and nervous and had stone hands when it came to catching and handling the puck.

33. andrewberkshire says:

Not sure about that, I don’t know one way or the other.

34. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

Ill be at Pearl Street Brewery in about 2 and a half hours in my Habs tuque and Plekanec road jersey. If anyone needs a Hab friend, I’ll be there!

35. Habscat says:

Great to see the boys back and Lapps to the press box. Time to get the ship sailing in the right direction again!

http://gushuecards.webs.com/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRRiyN3A0pg

36. SLONCOLD says:

the white pads aren’t the problem. lol i wish white pads made me better lol

37. jimmy shaker says:

Good call!  But didn’t he have an acl or mcl problem earlier in his career?  Before the wings became hockeytown?

Shaker

38. megagoten says:

that the staff doesn’t care about the players?

39. Bryan says:

Respect for the accounting terminology.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

40. jimmy shaker says:

I think it all started with his famous “May day, May day, May day” schpeel.  Along with his bias rants when Buffalo lost in the finals years ago to the stars.  But ultimately his bias of the sabres is just a schmid below Edwards and Brickley from Beantown, and lastly that window shattering, ear bleeding piercing voice of his does it for me.

Shaker

41. ed lopaz says:

absolutely true – no doubt.

so you think Martin would be Ok with this, or you think he would be pissed but aknowledging the reality of his public life?

I think you would agree that its the latter.

because I have respect for the man, i choose not to put him in that position.

that’s it – that’s all that this is about.

IN MY OPINION OF COURSE – it might be published publicly for all to see – but I know that no man would want me reading about his family life.

NO MAN!

42. TomNickle says:

Mr. Buffalo

43. andrewberkshire says:

Agreed with you there. The Wild are actually terrible at breaking in prospects.

44. andrewberkshire says:

Steve Yzerman is in a league of his own. However he wasn’t playing with tendon injuries, his problem was that all the cartilage between his bones in one knee was worn off, and he had bone rubbing on bone. I still don’t understand how he did it, and I certainly don’t understand how he led his (extremely stacked) team in points that playoff and somehow wasn’t awarded the Conn Smythe.

45. jimmy shaker says:

Which guy?

46. TomNickle says:

Why do you hate him?

47. jimmy shaker says:

Rather razor then mcguire! and to add to that I rather have mcguire than jeanneret!

Shaker

48. SeriousFan09 says:

That some guys are complete cementheads and risk their long-term health and ability to play in the game by trying to look tough and play through injuries that they shouldn’t try to? Credit for playing through the pain, debit for not thinking about his future in the league.

Cammalleri is a speed-based player that relies heavily on his leg strength and flexibility (note his tendency to shoot from the knees) to score as he does, now considering he tests the strength of his ligaments every time he bends his knees, I think it’s probably best if he has medical clearance on a knee issue before he plays hockey. Knees are a very difficult part of the human body to restore to 100% after injury so it is considered best to make sure these injuries are dealt with before returning to action.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

49. homerbowen says:

What can they talk about on RDS tonight with Laps in the box? Perhaps he can be their guest analyst. About time they sat his ass.

50. TomNickle says:

Believe me when I say that the day he took this job, he understood that nothing was out of bounds.  I’m not saying that’s right but it doesn’t make it false.

51. pic1983 says:

Agree on all points, and just to add to your last point:

The end of the season when you have no chance at making the playoffs is the best time to throw in a young prospect to let him learn and make some mistakes.  Why deny a young player a chance to play in the show, while at the same time playing a player whos injured when theres absolutely nothing to be gained?

52. jimmy shaker says:

Steve Yzerman…..that guy couldn’t walk, but he still laced em up and played because he’s a leader and his coach (Bowman) knew stevey needed to be out there.

Shaker

53. pic1983 says:

The guy has a lot to prove in the playoffs this year.  Frankly, his olympic gold medal doesnt prove anything for me because he didnt have to be spectacular, he just had to not be awful.  I want to see him win when it matters most with defensemen not named Seabrook, Weber, Niedermayer, Pronger, Keith, Doughty, and Boyle.

54. jimmy shaker says:

Good rant……I didn’t know that about Zanon

I think Cammy and MAB were both ready and willing to go, but it came down to JM myself.  He was the one who dropped the ball, and didn’t realize that these two guys coming back in vs the sens (arguably the biggest game of the year so far) was the type of change the boys needed coming off of that brutal showing vs the laffs.  SO JM should’ve had them in there no matter what…..how convenient that they got that green light only 12 hours later on tuesday morning:  hmmmmmmm…….

Shaker

55. ed lopaz says:

there’s references to child support issues, personal issues, specifics about Martin’s life.

do you think JM would appreciate us reading this?

if this was Boone instead of JM do you think the guy would have posted it?

i think he would have hesitated and probably not wanted to post Boone’s private life.

when someone goes bankrupt, by law, the bankruptcy must be published in a local paper.

this is very embarassing to people – but our laws require that certain information be published for the public record.

same thing here.

56. andrewberkshire says:

The difference is that Minnesota isn’t impacted if Zanon re-injures himself, they still miss the playoffs. If Cammalleri for example, re-injured himself because he came back too early, that hurts us big time in the playoffs.

There’s also the issue that knee injuries, especially to tendons, are more difficult to work around while playing hockey than a broken ankle. Many players in the playoffs have played with broken ankles, hell, even Dany Heatley did. You’ll never see anyone ever playing hockey with a partially torn MCL or ACL. It just doesn’t happen.

Greg Zanon also is one of the toughest guys in hockey when it comes to pain tolerance. There’s also the question of whether or not him playing is even a GOOD idea. As far as I’m concerned, with no chance of making the playoffs, the Minnesota Wild medical staff should be brought into question for letting him play, what’s the point?

57. Say Ash says:

Whoa, I just saw the ‘Nucks/Oilers highlights. Luongo was brutal.

58. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

much obliged.

59. mike g says:

He really does, no doubt about that…

I just find him really annoying. He always has to be cutt off by the other guys because he talks for so long. He’ll go on and on…..

He would make a great video coach for an NHL team though.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

60. mike g says:

Alright guys. I’m posting this because many of you were discussing it before and I just found this article on the same subject. You were debating whethere Cammy and MAB should have played on Monday vs Ottawa. This was a big game for us, one that could have put us 6 points up on 9th place Atlanta and ahead of Ottawa and Boston. However, JM and the medical staff chose to rest them for an extra day. Do I agree, well I can’t even make up my mind anymore because of what I just found…..This is from Fox Sports’ website…

Greg Zanon earned his day off Monday.

After missing a game, Zanon returned to the Wild lineup Sunday, blocked three shots and played 21 minutes, 59 seconds as Minnesota held off the Calgary Flames 4-3 at the X.

Oh, and by the way: He has a broken ankle.

“That’s what the rumor is,” he said with a laugh. “It is what it is. I’m just trying to play through it, just do what I can to help the team win.”

……So, do you think the Wild’s doctors game Greg “medical clearance” to play? I don’t think so. But what’s even more shocking is this; Minnesota is in 13th place in the Western Conference, 9 points out of a playoff spot. Absolutely no chance they make the dance, but their guys a playing with broken bones. In no way am I saying MAB or Cammy are puss*es for not playing, I really like both players and I think they bring alot more to the team than most of us know. But, after reading this you gotta ask yourself some questions…..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

61. TomNickle says:

Ed, all joking aside.  Who did it hurt?  Who could it hurt?  The only person I can see being hurt by this is his ex-wife.  And lets face it, she made out like a bandit.

62. ed lopaz says:

you were right all along – you are a douche.

63. light_n_tasty says:

Thank you for your question.  I will refer you to the third point of my submission.

64. ed lopaz says:

i thought it was quite funny – forgot you were a “serious” fan.

65. twocents says:

Ah, don’t mention it.

66. light_n_tasty says:

These are not divorce papers.  This is not a divorce settlement.  This is not a private matter.  It is a publicly waged fight by millionaires over money.  If they wanted it private, they would have settled.

I do not agree with censoring the information.  I am not the Harper government.  I will let you decide what is relevant and what is not.

67. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Thank You.

68. Kooch7800 says:

Go to the Anchor before or after the game.  Great wings and Rolling Rocks

69. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

TSN Kills it with Pierre “the Monster” MaGuire or Ray “the Razor’s Edge” Farraro.
    For tonight, I hope Pierre is working for NBC and not on TSN and Farraro has a severe case of laringitis.

70. ed lopaz says:

i enjoy watching the games on rds. joel bouchard knows his hockey.

71. Kooch7800 says:

He sucked this year as a hab.  If that is the case, I am happy he is gone as he is not a leader or a professional. I would be getting rid of Lappierre next.

72. linp says:

I am more worry about Pouliot than AK. Pouliot has been playing with our 2 best forwards and was so soft and lazy. JM should give him a wakeup call if he doesn’t show up tonight. Now that we have Cammy back, we can give Plekanec and AK a fair evaluation.

73. twocents says:

Congratulations.

74. Say Ash says:

Pleks will show up. Him and AK should get some more space with Cammy back, which is good because it looks like Big Tyts is sporting a girthier look of late.

75. Kooch7800 says:

Nothing like throwing Price to the Wolves…he hasn’t played in quite a few games and then to go against Miller.  I hope our offense wakes up or we will be in trouble.

I have faith in both of our goalies but I think they need to play a lot cause they are both so young.