Price starts, Lapierre in press box

As expected, Carey Price gets the start tonight in Buffalo.

Jacques Martin has shaken up his forward lines, relegating Maxim Lapierre to the press box.

Tom Pyatt, who had been playing with Tomas Plekanec and Andrei Kostitsyn, was replaced by Michael Cammalleri but Pyatt wll stay in the lineup. He starts in the injured Travis Moen’s spot on the third line with Dominic Moore and Sergei Kostitsyn, but Martin said he may move Mathieu Darche into that spot if he needs more muscle.

Darche will start the game on the fourth line with Glen Metropolit and Marc-André Bergeron.

PRE-GAME AUDIO: Tyler Myers | Lindy Ruff | Mike Cammalleri | Jacques Martin

1. SeriousFan09 says:

Did you just make a remark about war on an innocent country by a powermad despot where people died being compared to NHL/NHLPA struggles and you’re griping at light ‘n tasty for providing a link for public documents about JM’s divorce?

You have an interesting sliding scale on your morality.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

2. jimmy shaker says:

DONE!

3. TomNickle says:

I have a theory about Latendresse.  He’s a very spiteful and childish person, but effective.  In the World Juniors he was benched for the majority of the tournament by Brent Sutter.  Latendresse(allegedly thinking it was racism) played incredibly effectively when called upon after the preliminary round in an obvious “I’m gonna make you look like an idiot for benching me” way.  I believe the same can be said for his newfound success in Minnesota.  What better way to make Gainey, Martin and his teammates look stupid than to tear the league up?  His motivation is to make this organization look foolish for what he perceives to be injustices levied on him by those people.  The only way to do that is by playing well and getting noticed for the right reasons.

4. ed lopaz says:

agreed that its not logical – neither was Saddam’s attack on Kuwait logical.

5. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

i gave him 3 games .   .    .     and he only got ONE Point so (as a self appointed journalist) I officially declare that… cue the headline …
    “Poilio Slumping”

6. Thomas says:

in Buffalo theres not much to do, but this place is great!!  I’d go there hours before and have as much of the homebrew as possible…i’m out in calgary so i won’t be there, but i’ve been there a bunch of times pre-game an its a great atmosphere, alot of habs fans an sabres fans…go upstairs, 2nd, 3rd floor

7. twocents says:

Actually, if I remember right, the organization was exposed as being a pack of child molesters a ways back.

But, they might be masochists too. It sure seems that way.

8. Kooch7800 says:

Have a couple of Rolling Rocks for me!

9. SeriousFan09 says:

- I agree about Lats, his linemates are doing a lot of work for him, I think he’s getting the Cheechoo effect from Havlat.

- Yes, but we have to hear about Monsters, Active Sticks, Life as an assistant Coach 18 years ago and All The Fine Young Men and how their uncle has the best diner in Boise Idaho.

- Looking forward to his white pads again, those red pads just didn’t suit him.

- Agree, statement game for Pleks especially now that he has his finisher back.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

10. TomNickle says:

I appreciated that you posted those and actually left conversations and put over an hour of reading into both of them.  Excellent contribution and very much appreciated.

I’m no family lawyer but it looked to me like he got a very raw deal.

11. mike g says:

Simple Jack’s Thaughts Of The Day“:

- Same old guy: For all of those that use sportscenter or the radio stations to base your opinions on certain players, I would caution you with this. Many people are going nuts right now that Guy Latendresse scored his 27th goal of the year last night, wondering how he is such a dominant and goal-scoring maching now that he’s in Minnesota. Well having taken the time to watch some Wild games the past few weeks, I can confirm to all of you that he is not a transformed player. He still plays the same way he did here. He doesn’t always give his 100% every shift, doesn’t hit everything that moves, and has basically been really fortunate. He seems to fit in well with his linemates, and they feed him some nice passes that a pee-wee plaer could finish. Not to take any credit away from him, but he’s no superstar, far from it. He’s staying on the side of the net, much like Daniel Briere does, and is benefitting from a nice streak here…..

- The Salvaging Network: I’ve personally renamed TSN to “The Salvaging Network”, because they throw MTL a bone every few weeks by broadcasting Habs games. They salvage the terror and disgustingness of having to watch all 82 games on RDS. Thank you TSN, once in a while a break from “Oyoyoyoyyy” and Joel Bouchard’s constantly moving hands can do wonders.

- Mr. Clean: Tonight, Carey will be wearing a brand spankin’ new set of sparkling white pads. I can’t stress enough how much I hated the red ones, for some reason they made him look so small and skinny in nets. Most goalies wear white pads because to the human eye, it makes whatever is white look bigger. Hopefully this can help him string a few W’s together, and bring him back to the goalie we saw 2 years ago. We all have confidence, prove it to us Carey.

- If there ever was a bigger game….: For Tomas Plekanec to show up, and put some points up on the board. He’s been  a shadow of the offensive brilliancy he displayed to us earlier in the year. He has slowed down faster than an F1 car. Earlier in the year he was racking up points with anybody, whethere they were 1st, 2nd,3rd, or 4th liners. Now, he can’t seem to buy a goal or an assist for that matter (no assists in his past 13 games). So, let’s hope the return of Cammy can help his stats a little and give him a much needed boost. Tomas has to stop playing like the “little girl” he calls himself in the playoffs. Tonight, with the return of #13 is his best chance, and what a big game changer he could be.

Your thaughts?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

12. Bugs says:

Masochists. They must be. Organization like that? They must be.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

L.B. Potter, esq. First Bugler of the St-Habberson’s Club Red Brigade and Head Coachman to the President of Habsbros Flannel-weaving Services: http://habsbros.blogspot.com/

13. bwoar says:

Well I did live in your fiefdom, er, province for 4 years, but I became convinced that

a) no one in Quebec understands that dirty things (cities, rooms, children, etc.) need cleaning
    b) living among a populace of high school dropouts was making me stupider
    c) A separate culture exists there, one that no one else on the planet could possibly tolerate

So I came back to place with clean air, open skies, busty women and intelligent, bilingual children.  When you get one of those things, drop me a postcard.

14. Bugs says:

So, tell you what, Jimmy: I’ll put you down for C).

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

15. twocents says:

It’s a wonder folks like Jeff are still willing to identify themselves. Let alone run around in enemy territory with their drawers dropped.

16. Bugs says:

LT is right, fragnabbit, my peevishness is even starting to get on my OWN nerves! (heh)

C’mooon, Poulio!

Heh!

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

17. ed lopaz says:

ok buddy – yesterday I told you that a man’s divorce is a private, sensitive matter.

today I’m going to give you some practical advice and here it goes.

if you come across a document like this, here’s what you should do.

you should EXTRACT the relevant information which you say They deal with the salary structure of coaches and reasons for various the hirings and firings of JM in hockey positions.

yes – this might be interesting to many here.

you could include quotes and specific information

you could even site the source of your material

but you DON”T include the link.

this way – we get to read what is relevant – and no one gets hurt.

we can’t stop you from finding this information in the public forum, but I think you are a douche for posting the link.

that being said – if you’re a habs fan – I will give you the benfit of the doubt and chalk it up to an oversight on your part.

18. twocents says:

My point is, when we’re scoring, Pouliot’s doing his fair share of it. The same can’t be said for several others right now. i expect the team to score tonight, so I figure the chances of Pouliot contributing will be fairly high, as it has been since his arrival.

He had no points last game, but no one did. The game before we score two and he has a point. The game before that he didn’t contribute points to the win.  But he had in every single other game in the win streak.

Since he has arrived he is the second highest point producer, tied with Gionta behind only Gomez and he is tied for the most goals scored, with Gionta.

The way I see it, you give a guy more than one game before you declare a slump.

19. TomNickle says:

Jeff fan of Canadian Hockey Teams.  Yeah, because the team you really love is terrible and has been for a long time.  I’ve come up with a list of things that I’m pretty sure define you as a person.  You are  _______ guy.

1. You are the guy who jumps ship with the success and failure of professional sports teams.

2. Your favourite players are the ones that score the most points because you have absolutely no idea what criteria you should look for in determining what player you enjoy watching most.  Because you very likely don’t know what you’re watching.

3. You are the guy who doesn’t cover his mouth when he coughs.

4. The doesn’t wash his hands after he uses the restroom guy.

5. You are the guy who high fives people at concerts.

6. You are the guy who includes himself in conversations that he wasn’t invited to.

7. You are the guy who gets satisfaction in annoying others because nobody will accept him.  Not even Leaf fans.

8. You are the guy who quotes scenes from movies trying to be funny.  Because you can’t be funny on your own.

9. You are the guy who goes to the movies alone.

10. You are the guy who loves punishment.  Allow me to summarize my evidence for this argument.

– You are a leaf fan on a Hab fan site.

– You try to upset people so that you matter to them.  But they just hurt you because they don’t like you.

– You come back to the same hurtful places and repeat prior actions that got you hurt to begin with.

– Being a Leaf fan means you enjoy pain.  Pain of unfulfilled expectations, pain of being wrong constantly, pain of being lead astray, pain of being surrounded by stupidity, pain of never winning.

You sir, are a glutton for punishment.

20. Bugs says:

Look in the mirror?

Ok. Mirror says we’re in the playoffs and you’re in the cellar.

Again.

5th. Straight. Season. Of losing. All the time. Losing. Like losers. What you guys excel at. What you’re born to and what you teach your children. To lose. All the time.

Like losers.

That’s what the mirror says. You have an issue, you bring it up with the mirror; cuz none of what it showed me was my fault.

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

21. SeriousFan09 says:

I don’t think we’ll face another lockout, players burned out a lot of good will with their fans after 2004 and are having a hard time getting it all back. They do it again, it’s a body blow to hockey just as so many elite young players are hitting their prime and putting on a great show. It’s bad for everyone to have a lockout at this point, trying to grow the game and get it recognized for what it is, the most competitive, skill-intensive game in the world and continous labour disputes kill that.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

22. jimmy shaker says:

Don’t feel he’s going to do too much tonight, maybe +1…..but pleks/cammy and ak46 are going to do the business, with a little bit of all white never been worn before except in practice equipment carey price coming up large and shutting up those pukes from buffalo land, lindsy ruffffff, derek “all I do is dive” roy and rick the best broadcaster in the league behind edward and brickley jeanneret.

Shaker

23. Clutch10 says:

Lapierre is waste of space on the ice, we should have given him away to the Wild so he can be with his boyfriend Guillaume.

24. ed lopaz says:

The National Hockey League is growing tired of waiting for the NHLPA to respond to the league’s plan to introduce supplemental discipline for a blindside hit where the head is targeted, and the league has indicated it will consider moving forward without the players’ approval.

donald fehr is about to become NHLPA’s next President. he was very tough on baseball owners in the same role.

i see the writing on the wall – we’re heading for another shut down. :((

25. Bugs says:

5th. Straight. Season. (shudder)

Could you imagine being so horrendously incompetent? I can’t even imagine it.

To lose like that all the time. Always. Losing. And being a disgrace to hockey. I couldn’t imagine it. The shame. (tremble)

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

26. light_n_tasty says:

I really hope Pouliot gets a hatrick in our win tonight, because Bugs’s peevishness is starting to get to me.

On a completely unrelated subject, I seemed to have angered some people by posting the trial decision and the Court of Appeal decision related to an issue of our beloved coach’s divorce.  The main complaints were that it was nasty, disrespectful, embarrassing, and irrelevant.  I am going to have to defend myself and disagree with all the charges.

First, I did not post any kind of divorce papers or private settlement approved by the courts. What I posted was a publicly waged battle by millionaires over their money. They chose to fight a public battle over money because the money was more important than the privacy.  In any event, if you were to read the case, you will find there is nothing embarrassing about it.

Second, both cases are, not only published by the courts, but available for free from a not-for-profit organization whose goal is to publish these cases for the public interest.

Third, these cases are absolutely relevant to this forum.  JM is the coach of the Habs.  Both cases deal with, almost exclusively, JM’s career as a hockey coach, right from his first job in hockey.  They deal with the salary structure of coaches and reasons for various the hirings and firings of JM in hockey positions.

Fourth, these cases deal with a cutting-edge topic in family law: spousal support.  Since most of us are Habs fanatics, thus increasing our likelihood for divorce, it may be well advised to read them and see what kinda trouble we could be in.

Fifth, I realize that by posting these cases a second time, I am being a little bit of a douche.

In conclusion, my posting of these links is in no way nasty, disrespectful, or embarrassing to anyone.  Further, the cases are not only relevant to this forum, but beneficial to it.

Subject to any questions you may have, that concludes my submission.

27. CanadienFanTrappedinNiagaraFallsNY says:

Who’s going to the game and what’s the preferred pre-game hangout?

Heading down from NF, NY such a long drive…

28. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

question wasn’t about the others just Pouliot.

29. Bugs says:

Yeah, but one of those white pairs has only 15 wins and 40 losses, base colour and all.

So which white pair is it, the one with or without stripes on the side?

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

30. bwoar says:

Joe, me and all Habs fans in Manitoba would love you to go fuck yourself.

31. twocents says:

Same as Pleks, Markov, Sergei, Metropolit and one point less than Gionta. Better than Andrei too.

Face it the only guy really producing over the last 3 games is Gomez. So why single out Pouliot?

32. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Question of interest
    Wade Redden (was a good player in Ottawa). i’m not saying i would want him or his giant contract, but was he a better player under JM (the system) or was it the team in general that made him better ?
    Wade’s stats
    Jm’s coaching stats

33. Muckbringer says:

maybe you should get in there

34. christophor says:

just because white pads dont work for giggy and gusty…

the difference is our goalies have some real talent that the white pad magic can work with.

it all pretty scientific, you see.

35. twocents says:

Your answer lies in the list of injured players. It’s that simple.

36. SeriousFan09 says:

Exactly, Sergei keeps working to earn his place, when did Lats do that?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

37. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

no problem also
    1 pts in last 3 GP – tsn (benoit pouliot)

38. HabFanSince72 says:

Hey Jeff – too bad about the loss to Florida.

It’s making Kessel for Hall more likely everyday.

I hear the fans at ACC were booing the team in the 3rd.

39. notbigbird says:

He turned against SK too, but he eventually manned up.

40. twocents says:

loafs finish out of the playoffs for 5th straight season.

41. HabFanSince72 says:

I don’t know why benching Lapierre shows balls.

JM has not liked Lappy since day one (not without some justification).

He also turned against Latendresse very early, with the results that we all know.

42. HabsRadio says:

Would have loved to see Halak face Miller, but I don’t mind the Price selection in this one, so it must be the right time!

Great discussion on whether playing MAB is the right move or not: http://www.habsradio.com/2010/03/24/would-you-rather/

===========================================================================
    Check out http://www.HabsRadio.com for a fresh take on all things Habs. Blogs, Discussions, and of course, the Podcast!

43. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

i keep thinking about that too
    then i think what would happen if
    Jeff D-D (EDM) switched to white pads, he’s already an impressive goalies but (experimentally) would white pads make a difference.
    i’m not a sports psychologist but if I was that would be one interesting experiement
    “Does the Colour of the Goaltender’s pads make a difference in his play or the scoring ability of the players on the opposing team”
    … something along those lines

44. Jeff says:

Gee, I knew it had to be the PADS!

Now it’s all uphill, yah right!

45. sam says:

i like those lines. and Pyatt skating alongside Sergei and Moore will have tremendous speed and skill.

sitting Laps = about time :) glad JM has the balls to do it in a post-Lats world.

also, with Price in net, it should be a great game tonight!

46. Jeff says:

You do have a prediliction?

47. twocents says:

Arguably his quietest week since being acquired, but still played
    well
    .” – habsworld.net

(Btw, Thanks for the stats on Price and his pads.)

48. habsperspective says:

Hey, ill look for you, im in section 117 row 20. And ill be floating the Harbour club also.

And yeah, its been 3 losses in row for me attending, missed the overtime winner in October!

We are due, and not for just any win, a statement win!

49. Jeff says:

Hey Bugs, your athletic supporter just spewed another “Leafs Suck” sad sad sad……

50. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

“One is has almost 50 wins and the other only 15.”
    What?
    i think what they are refering to is the base colour
    White BASE colour Vs red BASE colour

51. Jeff says:

Gee Bugs, are you still fuming about the losses to the Leafs & Sens?

The Leafs are fine as well as the Sens in Ontario, a non-separatist Province.

Incompetence? Look in the mirror Bugsy boy!

Complaints, look through this site without your blinders on?

Dubiously unequivocal, know your place as a wabbit waggling his witto tongue to fellow delusionals.

52. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

HAHA what makes you think that
    “Arguably his quietest week since being acquired, but still played well.” – habsworld.net
    i just think he’s cooling down a bit and needs a good kick in the arse or maybe he’s still a bit injured or got re-injured

53. Shublips says:

Read the Habs Addict.com Pregame Primer:

Habs versus Sabres – whole lotta shaking going on

54. Bugs says:

Waitaminnit, hold on a sec, are those the white pads with the stripes on the sides or the white pads without stripes on the side? One is has almost 50 wins and the other only 15.

So which pair is it?

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

55. mark_13 says:

That’s unreal, kind of like MA Fleury with those yellow ones, he was transformed after he ditched those!

56. twocents says:

What? It’s 3-3 for fact-less bias against informed opinion?

57. mark_13 says:

I don’t mind having the same song played, kind of rubs it in a bit!  Plus it’s a team game isn’t it, shouldn’t be about individuals!

58. Bugs says:

He’s gonna assist on his goals, that it?

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

59. SeriousFan09 says:

Wow, I think we need a guy at the Bell Centre to intercept all shipments of red goalie pads.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

60. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

refund please!!!
    its 3-3, so i’m not alone.

61. Bugs says:

Tell’em, Deuce! Go on and tell’em!

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

62. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Price with the white Pads
    65GP-40W-17L-8OTL .919 2.16GAA SO-4 (1.35Pts/game)
    Price with the red Pads
    59GP-20W-30L-9OTL .904 3.03GAA SO-0 (0.83Pts/game)

63. twocents says:

So what constitutes “lately” for you? The last game?

His 3 points in the last 5 games puts him behind only Markov and Sergei.

TWO POINTS! Bugsy.

64. SeriousFan09 says:

2 points, goal and assist.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

65. mark_13 says:

Two assists on the PP.  Cammy with a goal on his return too.  We win in a shootout 3-2!?

66. Iceberg84 says:

better late than never?

67. krob1000 says:

The Sens used to play “the heat is on” when Heatley scored

68. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

I dont know but BUT on an episode of Entourage where Drama’s starting on his new series he’s told by Turtle to do something… watch the episode to find out Season 3, Episode 18: The Resurrection
    well its a good laugh and will get your mind off of hockey

69. mike g says:

2 asssits

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

70. Bugs says:

You must be joking, Jeff.

What’s wrong, is the leaf site down again with all the complaints to managment for the incompetence with which their club has been run for…how long? My god…

(shudder)

Dubiously unequivocal, know me as

71. mike g says:

This is from espn.com’s John Buccigross:

“So, I make a proposal. You probably know that Major League Baseball players choose a song to be played over the ballpark sound system as they make their way to home plate for their at-bats during home games. A song to pump himself up but also probably to make a statement of who he is and what he is about. Most of this music in baseball is bad, so perhaps the baseball player would be better served to have you, me or Ryan Seacrest select his song.

Anyhoo, I propose having my, my, my generation of NHL players, or someone else in their organizations, choose a song to play in the arena when a player scores a goal at home. A goal song. NHL players actually have better taste in music than baseball players, so they probably could handle the selections themselves. This would give the player a chance to express himself in a league that desperately is trying to connect its young, great athletes to a larger fan base and would save us from hearing the same tune over and over again at NHL arenas during a 7-1 Edmonton Oilers loss.”

I mentionned this to one of my friends last year, and you may have thaught about it also. I’m a huge baseball fan and love the idea of NHL players being allowed to express themselves like this….

I VOTE YES

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

72. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

he’s been so hot lately so ZERO!!!!!

73. RetroMikey says:

Heading out the 10 of us now to Buffalo from Hamilton to the game.

Stopping by the Anchor Bar for some fine Chicken Wings and lots of beer and JD shooters before we go to the game and at the Harbour club between intermissions.

Anyone wants to meet me, I’ll be wearring my Habs jersey with RetroMIkey at the back.

Come and say hi!

Hope our luck changes in Buffalo with a big convincing W, we have never had much luck playing in the Queen city.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

74. avatar_58 says:

Zero

75. Bugs says:

How many pts will my boy Poulio pick up tonight?

A) 1