Price recalled from Hamilton

As expected, the Canadiens have recalled goaltender Carey Price from the Hamilton Bulldogs on Monday.

He will dress for Tuesday night’s game against the Ottawa Senators.

Before being sent to the AHL, Price had a 9-7-3 record with a 2.90 GAA and a .907 save percentage.

1. Yeats says:

Save your Betty Davis drama queen routine for local summer stock theater. We actually have pretty decent thesbians down here in New York City. The bar is way too high for you in my eyes.

2. Sulemaan says:

Actually I thought 24 Cups that ebk be right and I never have a problem with constructive criticism. It’s all good gents. 😉

Sulemann – every once in a while ebk and I like to give each other a harmless hook – makes us feel like we’re Saku Koivu:-)

The Original 24 Cups

4. ebk says:

I wasn’t hacking at you Sulemaan, I enjoy your posts.

24 Cups was hacking at me earlier Monday and I was just responding to him.

5. Ian G Cobb says:

Will I do ??

6. RetroMikey says:

My e-mail is

Or call me at work (905)335-2353 x1250

Thanks for your interest, we are on the stages of making this a sucessful event. Lots of work to be done but will be sucessful!

Mike Loncar (aka RetroMikey)

“We will win the Cup only with Carey Price in the nets”

7. skoehn says:

Price CHOKED ALSO….

8. skoehn says:

So a team is all offense and the goalie is the defense… As for Price he will give up bad goals and his team will hang him out like they do huet.. Price will never be blamed for a loss he is a rookie..

9. skoehn says:

I find it amazing that the last game has been pinned totally on Huet..perhaps the coach is more to blame here huet first game back after a injury should not have been that game… I don’t fault huet entirely for that I think the bulk of the blame belongs to whoever decided to put him in….

10. skoehn says:

Why is it that everyone has decided that price will single handedly win a cup if you just let him play… Funny I thought hockey was team sport and not a goalie only sport.They win as a team and lose as a team and I think its time thats habs fans realize that.. instead of first bashing the goalie then the captian and ryder and breezer that is all that ever happens. its insane it was so nice with price down the goalie bashing stopped and support happened the kid isn’t even in montreal yet and already the Price is number one has started.. Huet just toss aside like yesturdays news but yet he helped get them to this point..

11. Sulemaan says:

I’ll try to be more succint next time ebk.

Likewise ebk, I’ve enjoyed all the humourous exchanges of the past few days. To quote an intelligent man, I’m all typed out for the day. Talk to you after the Habs rub out the Senators tomorrow night.

The Original 24 Cups

13. Moey says:

Get off your trojan high horse, agreed, Koivu should have been spoken to about the stupid penalty calls and I’m sure he has. And there are no rules against sitting the captain, but you’ve been on about him for weeks. I remember a post that you stated “we won’t win the cup with Saku as captain”….bloody brilliant, I don’t want to see anyone else skating with that cup except Saku. By your own admission you were a Rangers fan until thay broke your heart…..then you decided to get on to the Habs bandwagon. This is hockey dammit, and the Habs have ALWAYS BEEN MY TEAM the gloves are off….leave our captain alone.

14. ebk says:

that was funny, and to think you did it in less than nine paragraphs.

Sulemann – we are now up to 135 posts and over 900 reads. And all of this because the Canadiens are switching their backup goaltenders. I now fully realize what hockey madness is all about. I wonder what happens when Washington calls someone up from the farm team. Does the site crash?

The Original 24 Cups

16. Woah_Dana says:

Agreed :)

GO HABS!
    ~Sergei Kostitsyn, marry me!!

17. Woah_Dana says:

Fingers crossed!

GO HABS!
    ~Sergei Kostitsyn, marry me!!

18. Chuck says:

“Yeah, but Huet got this team to THIRD overall…”
    “Right, and the other 20 plus players had nothing to do with it…”

You can’t have it both ways.

“All bow down before the Komisaurus Rex!”

19. Shobud says:

The other twenty scored five goals.. Enough you should win the game

20. nightmare_49 says:

“Free at Last , Thank God I’m Free at Last”. Now all i have is a rash.

21. Shobud says:

I am not saying we have a better goaler I just think that Huet folds under pressure.. I think they should have given Halak a chance to see what he could do.. Everyone knows that you need a guy that can steal a game or two for you in the playoffs.. I don’t know if Price or Halak could do it.. I am sure Huet cannot.. I could be wrong and I really hope that I am.. If he does I will give him all the credit he deserves as I did in the last game

22. Yeats says:

That’s no way for a man to live. Have to keep on living, as paiful as it may be, or get busy dying!

23. Yeats says:

They suffer from Koivu lust!

24. Moey says:

How can he be? HE IS, PERIOD. Have you checked the team’s roster lately?

25. Moey says:

You’re right, and I think even Carbo buys into that jinx. It doesn’t make sense, but sometimes what is just is. I say Huet tomorrow night, Iceman on Thursday.

26. Mr.Hazard says:

I hope he’ll be starting Thursday too. It would be a perfect welcome-back shutout opportunity. 😛

Ex nihilo nihil fit

27. Habsman93 says:

Could I please get info on the Bulldogs Summit in April I live in Hamilton and missed the Habs Summit due to personal reasons. Thanks a bunch.

28. Mr.Hazard says:

If Price lives up to the hype he’ll be getting at least Huet’s salary.

Ex nihilo nihil fit

29. Woah_Dana says:

Well, to continue our record this year, I sure hope to see Price start against the Laffs on Thursday night! We don’t want to break that chain of success. I have a lot of people at work to poke fun at on Friday.

GO HABS!
    ~Sergei Kostitsyn, marry me!!

30. RetroMikey says:

Habs fans!

As you have heard, A Bulldogs Summit is scheduled for April 11 in Hamilton, Fan Appreciation Night. More details will follow but I have Ian Cobb and Robert L to thank for helping me spread the word along with Dave Stubbs. More information about this event will be added by Ian so check back here. Ian, thanks for advertising buddy! You’re my public relations director! Stay tuned everyone!

“We will win the Cup only with Carey Price in the nets”