Price at what price?

Short term, $2.3 million to $2.5 million, an agent tells Richard Labbé.

That’s it for reasonably fresh Canadiens stuff, peeps.

If you can find more, post the links in the Comments section.

Otherwise, just kick back and enjoy your Sunday.

Who’s in nets?

wfmvkO5x6Ng

1. G-Man says:

1. Gomez 2. Cammi 3. Gomez 4. No. 5. Pk good for 10. 6. BP 7. AK 8. Not one with top 6 ability over 82 games 9. 72pts. 12th top 14th 10. Moore.

2. RetroMikey says:

You’ve had this experience?

Does it really kill long term memory?

Oh my, we must get Bobby and Gauthier help tout de suite before signing Price to a long term contract!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

3. The Cat says:

Youre right..Never mix heineken and catnip by the way…I might have read the questions wrong but I was under the assumption that it was who on the team was more likely to hit 55, and not who will definitely hit it.

4. SeriousFan09 says:

Tired of reviewing the past, screw the decline post-93 and focus on the the future. Why should we have to consider the decline post-93 as the only thing to measure the team against?

Oh no! The Houle year teams didn’t do well, so we can’t do well… Enough with that and consider the team we’ve got I say.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

5. SmartDog says:

Respectfully….ARE YOU ON CATNIP?!!

You’re saying we’ll come in 12th in the division but Gomer will put up 55 assists and 80 points?  Something he’s only done ONCE in his (declining) career?  Gomer is not what you think he is, and Plekanec will outdo him once again.  I’ll bet all the kibble you want on that.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

6. TripleX says:

Just saying that going by recent history of the club, predicting a 100 point season is a stretch.

Discerning how many games were lost due to injuries is impossible to measure with any degree of accuracy.  There are just too many other variables at work.  Would they have won more games with a healthy roster?  Yes, of course.  How many is just speculation.

“And I am really looking forward to watching Michael Cammalleri in the NHL. He had an awesome year in the AHL.” PIERRE McGUIRE

7. SmartDog says:

1. Pleks (who will beat Gomez for points again)

2. Cami (if anyone has a shot, it’s him)

3. Pleks (I think he’ll be out to prove he’s not relaxing because he got a new deal)

4. There is no-one on this team who will ever get 90 points

5. Yes!  But really, no.

6. Price… or Pouliot will break bad habits

7. Kostitsyn… or Pouliot will spin his wheels

8. Desharnais. We need more small guys.

9. 94 points, 6th in conference

10. Mike Modano though I’m not sure where he’d play

———Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

8. K-hab25 says:

It’s actually, including playoffs 20-37-10 in his last 67 starts. He was also 45-22-8 in his first 75 starts. I felt I’d mention that for 2 reasons. First, to show the people with no memories, how awsome this kid can be and secondly, how it can turn to crap overnight, hello Halak. So for those who think Halak is a proven commodity, should really pay attention to these #’s, because Price was just as “proven” as Halak and then the wheels came off. We’ll see this year if Price can get it back and if Halak can keep it going. My moneys on Price.

9. ZepFan2 says:

Psst, your caps lock is showing.

Awkward

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

10. ZepFan2 says:

Your everlastin’ summer.

you can see it fadin’ fast.

So you grab a piece of somethin’.

that you think is gonna last.

Well, you wouldn’t even know a diamond.

if you held it in your hand.

The things you think are precious.

I can’t understand.

OMG, you could be right!

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

11. SeriousFan09 says:

In 3 of the last 5 seasons, at least 10 teams have posted 100-point seasons, I think with a healthier roster under unified leadership working our way into the Top 10 of the NHL isn’t insurmountable. How many games did we lose because we were missing key players last season?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

12. SmartDog says:

Jeez, you might be on to something… Steely Dan clearly says JM needs to get Halak back!

“Jacky don’t lose that number

You don’t wanna call nobody else

Call it now or you’ll havta

Play yourrrrrself…”

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

13. TripleX says:

In the last 17 years the Montreal Canadiens have had TWO seasons with 100 points or more.

Even with the extra point for ties  I doubt it will happen the coming season.

14. W35T5ID3 says:

….you have too much time on your hands guy….

15. W35T5ID3 says:

your avatar is a joke…..price not signing yet aint as much of a joke as the ‘so called best ufa’ on the market kovalchuk not yet signing…..talk about greedy bastard.

16. SeriousFan09 says:

Throwing in my own thoughts…

1. Gomez, Gionta missed a quarter of the year and those two are magic together, potentially Pleks as well.

2. Cammalleri, Gionta might even contend on it.

3. Plekanec

4. Plekanec, if he, Cammy and AK46 are ‘on’ and healthy all season.

5. I think he can do it, especially if Markov is back earlier than expected, those two would be nightmarish on the PP for the opposition.

6. AK46

7. Pouliot

8. Ryan White

9. 100 points, 3rd-4th in Conference.

10. Aaron Asham

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

17. The Cat says:

1- Gomez

2- No one

3- Gomez

4- No

5- Yes

6- Lapierre

7- Obyrne

8- Dont know

9- 12th

10- Dont have list

18. Danno says:

Steely Dan says this…

You go back, Halak, do it again, wheels turning’ ’round and ’round
    You go back, Halak, do it again…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

19. Bob Barker says:

1. Gomez

2. Cammy

3. Hopefully Cammy

4. no chance

5. Potentially, wouldn’t bet on it though

6. AK46, his drinking buddy is in Nashville

7. Darche

8. Avstin

9. 98 points

10. Kovalchuk!!!! then my answer to 4 changes to yes

20. The Cat says:

lol very true.

21. HNS says:

Is it too late to get Halak back?

22. Bugs says:

!) Gomie.

2) Cammy was well on his way before being injured. I’ll add my boy Poolio.

3) Gomie.

4) No.

5) Why not?

6) O’B.

7) K Senior.

8) Desharnais.

9) None so far. Must see new players.

10) Ilya.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

23. Xtrahabsfan says:

tHE fACT THAT pRICE AND HIS AGENTS HAVE NOT SIGNED is a joke…..Give him a 2 year deal for 3 mill or he can gfhs!

24. ed lopaz says:

because Pouliot is NOT relevant to what a Goalie RFA will get paid – you are absolutely correct “favorite son”.

25. ed lopaz says:

If Price plays well everyone will forget Halak. its as simple as that – the entire “analysis” is 8 words longs.

26. gmd says:

1. Pleks

2. Cammalleri or Gionta

3. Pleks

4. Pleks, but only if he and his linemates stay healthy through the whole season.

5. I can see PK getting it done.

6. AK…I hope.

7. Pouliot

8.Olivier Fortier

9. 6th with 95 points

10.Frolov, but we don’t have enough cap room.

27. Mark C says:

1) Gomez, got within 8 last year, while Gionta missed 21 games and lacked a good LW most of the season.

2) Cammy

3) Cammy again, however there are a few horses in this race

4) No

5) Yes, without a big off-hand shot on the right side, like in years past, P.K. should get 1st units minutes on the PP.

6) AK46, seemly can only go up.

7) Darche, who will be off the team before X-mas.

8) Palushaj for RH shot on the PP or Trotter based on strong play last season and his waiver situation.

9) 97 points and in 6th place.

10) Frolov…to be more realistic Marek Svatos, if healthy and on short money might be worth taking a shot on. Has skills and more importantly a RH shot.

28. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

1. Gomez

2.Cammy, Gionta and perhaps AK.

3.Gionta, maybe Pleky

4.No.

5.Beat it

6. AK

7. Pouliot

8. Patches

9. 98 points in 3rd place.

10. D. Moore

29. _Habsoloutly_ says:

are you blind? did you not watch the playoffs?  Cammy and Gio carried this team’s offence on their shoulders all the way to the ECF.  The reason we lost to philly HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SIZE.  They had a coach who was smart and he told his players,

“hey look, AK, Pleks, and Gomez and Poullio havent scored squat in like 14 games,  key in on Cammy and Gio and take away their space and we’ll win.”

and thats what happened,  secondary scoring wins championships and we had none of it.  simple.

30. Garry Valk says:

Not Habs related, but someone is running my namesake for the naming rights to a condo in Toronto. That’s right, someone is trying to name a condo Garry Valk Tower. What is wrong with Toronto?

31. dh says:

Makes sense. Unless some team really wanted Price and made an offer that the habs can’t match.  I don’t think that’s the case though.  I just sort of expected Price to sign right away since the management has shown him that he’s the one.

32. SeriousFan09 says:

Okay, enough with goalie chit-chat, let’s get some Habs skaters talk going.

————

1. The last time we had a 55 assist player, Vincent Damphousse played, scoring at least 55A in the 92-93 and 95-96 seasons, Pierre Turgeon also managed 56A in the 95-96 season. Who do you think can hit 55A this season?

2. The last time we had a 40-goal scorer, Brian Bellows and Damphousse in the 92-93, 93-94 seasons respectively, who can potentially chase that this year?

3. Only man to crack 80 points in the last decade was Alexei Kovalev, Who’s up for hitting that marker?

4. Do you think someone could potentially get 90 points? Who and why?

5. The rookie goal-scoring record by a Habs defencemen is Guy Lapointe’s 15 goals in 70-71, do you think P.K. Subban could potentially tie or beat this mark by Pointu?

6. Player you believe will break out of bad habits and have an excellent 10-11 campaign?

7. Player you’re concerned will spin in the mud all season?

8. Hamilton prospect you’d like to see on the Habs in 10-11 to fill the remaining forward spot.

9. What is your prediction for points and final placement by the 10-11 team in the Conference Standings?

10. If unsigned by training camp, what current UFA would you like to see invited and potentially signed to the Canadiens?

————————–

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

33. HabFanSince72 says:

The market determines salaries. Price and Pouliot are both RFAs without arbitration rights, so it is very relevant to compare them.

34. homerbowen says:

Do you really believe that????????? It was a FLUKE that we beat both the Caps and the Pens, by then we were worn down and Philly killed us. Get bigger or get out of the way.

35. HabFanSince72 says:

Top Ten is easy. How about all the captains between Blake and Gainey? The only one I would remove is Durnan because he was only capt. for half a season. I don’t know enough about the previous captains to offer an opinion. Of the post-Gainey captains I would go with Carbo, if you need another name.

36. Danno says:

La Strada. THAT’S a film.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

37. HabFanSince72 says:

38. ZepFan2 says:

I get it. Reverse psychology!

Nice one.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

39. Chuck says:

And let’s not forget:

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

40. HabFab says:

Love the Briere save!

41. Bugs says:

Ok, commercial. Where was… Oh yeah!

Yeah, man, not enough licorice. This management team sucks.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

42. Bugs says:

And not enough hard licorice in the waiting room candy bowls.

Rocky IV is on, btw, doing the antherm part, gotta go.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

43. notbigbird says:

And a pile of small minds on this site too.

44. WarHero says:

Here’s a couple interesting Habs related articles:

Kamal Panesar:

Steve Hindle:

————————————————————————

45. christophor says:

sounds like a plan.

46. Bugs says:

All of them, if need be.

Let’s DO this thing.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

47. HabFab says:

We would need to trade AK ($3.25) for a defenseman making $1.5-2 ml. And then send Hamrlik ($5.5 ml) to the AHL to reduce cap. Capologist said OK.

48. camel_larry says:

And a certain small player (who’s name kinda sounds like “camel Larry”) led the aforementioned playoffs in goals.

49. camel_larry says:

Ignorance, thy name is “habs4last”. (which is a really stupid name. I would have it changed, if it were up to me)

50. _Habsoloutly_ says:

those small players carried us to the eastern conference finals.

51. homerbowen says:

We have too many small players on our team.

52. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ok, sounds good.  But who exactly do you plan on getting rid of to make room for his salary?

53. HabFab says:

Something nobody has pointed out is that Price is presently making $2.2 ml with his bonuses.

Would not expect less from him going forward.

54. The Cat says:

My agenda will be fulfilled this year I think lol I like it when the habs do good, the province is happy and yes I miss the Montreal- Quebec rivalry, the best in all pro sports.

55. Caper says:

I believe he is intense however it always doesn’t show as such. Being part Native, I believe people tend to read him the wrong way as they expect him to be more emotional. Aboriginals are fairly low key and tend not to get really emotional until you really p–s them off.  I think his only issue is maturity and that will happen sooner than later.

56. Bill J says:

Explains a bit … lol (re your blood colour being Bleu-Royale, as opposed to Bleu-Blanc-Rouge)

No wonder we tend to disagree so much.

Your agenda is to see the Habs fall on their faces, until the Québec franchise returns.

I get you now :) lol

57. TommyB says:

“Scorer/playmaker with size, grit and speed.”  That would indeed be an impressive set of skills for a “true” number 1 centre.   However, I wonder how many of the 30 teams in the league have one of those.  I mean, really…size, grit and speed all wrapped up in one neat package, and he is a goal scorer and playmaker on top of that.  Sounds to me what I might like to have on a “true” number 1 line, nevermind a centre.

58. Bugs says:

In the final moments, now’s the time to swoop in and offer Ilya 50mil for 7 years.

Why would he accept, you ask? Montreal, baby. That cat wants to play in Montreal, isn’t it obvious?

So let’s just do it and it’ll be done. Give the cat a call.

Thanks.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

59. The Cat says:

I dont know if you know this but Im not that much of a habs fan, I used to be a Nordiques fan. Im here by default :)

To answer your question: is it not better to support Price? The answer to that I dont think is an easy one, nor evidently does it matter if I do support him or not, the organization is hellbent on propping him up irregardless just so that one day they can say ‘see we told you so’…The thing is a lot has been and is being forsaken for this kid’s sake and I believe that to be very wrong. And I believe it to be the source of his unpopularity within the team.