Price ailing, game-time decision

Canadiens goaltender Carey Price came to the Bell Centre this morning for the skate, but was sent home when he reported he wasn’t feeling well. Head coach Jacques Martin said he’ll be a game-time decision, but expects he’ll at least feel well enough to sit as backup. There will be no callup.

Defencemen Paul Mara and Alexandre Picard will be healthy scratches, along with Ryan White. Tom Pyatt is back in.

New defenceman Brent Sopel will play alongside Yannick Weber.

The Carolina Hurricanes will be without Eric Staal, who suffered an upper body injury last night in their 4-1 win over Pittsburgh. Staal didn’t make the trip to Montreal. The Hurricanes didn’t skate this morning.

1. shootdapuck says:

Pyatt being showcased……….can only hope!

“I only like to watch and takes notes” JM

2. HNS says:

If he has the flu he’ll be out tonight. Plus Auld will have something to prove tonight to himself and the fans.

3. Habhopeful says:

I thought Price sucked?

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

4. ProHabs says:

I’m with you man. I would get Belak just for that game. Anyone who doesn’t think the team was manhandled that game by the Bruins is kidding themselves.

5. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

I had heard that the Stewart brothers were from LaSalle, but Maguire on Melnick yesterday said that wasn’t true and that they were from Mississauga.

Maguire had to say that when he was interviewed for the GM job with TB, he was asked who he would hire as coach and of course he said Guy Boucher, it sounded ike he was taking credit for the hire.

I can’t wait for someone to give him a job, so he could put his money where his mouth is.

6. bolder says:

There goes JM with scratching size in the line up. Dresses Weber and Pyatt over Mara and White! What a f***ing stupid coach! WTF is the Molson’s waiting for???

7. Angela Morales says:

I hope Carey feels better soon, we need him! :) And yay to Pyatt being back in!!

8. HABSsince92 says:

Great news now the Habs really won’t show up tonight with Price not playing.

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

9. habstrinifan says:

OK! Someone please help me make sense of this ALL. Mara out SOPEL in. Please explain to me why PG acquired Mara in what seemed a hasty move. I dont have any thoughts one way or another as to whom among Picard, Mara, Weber should be IN or OUT. I am just confused by the proclivity of our management to add players whom they only used as ‘fillers’ to put in and out of the lineup from one game to the next. Does this accentuate JM’s coaching wizardry?  Does this mean that the team has become an overall more resilient team. Is it developing ”a whole greater than the sum of its parts’ or ‘sum of parts holding up an indifferent whole’?.

Why not acquire a player who brings a unique, identifiabe and missing aspect to the team and make him an irreplaceable stewart of the team. OOOPS TYPO! I meant ‘stalwart’ of course. Or maybe I did mean ‘stewart’ as in Anthony Stewart from La Salle Quebec 225 lbs. See PG, my sentence, like your team, would be more complete, when I add the most correct part.. one that may be homonymous but SHOULD NOT BE synonymous with each other.

10. christophor says:

funny thinking how NOT the case this was last year

11. Storm Man says:

What do we do with him after?

12. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Is it possible to claim Belak? Just for the March 8th game?

13. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

I’m still a little peeved at the beat down, they were given last time they played. I’m up for some payback!

14. scrowe21 says:

It wasn’t really a beat down. The only fight boston won was against PYATT. Hammer and Spacek literally just got jumped, and they should have been suspended. Pouliot dropped Krecji with one punch and Price could have smashed Timmy when he had his jersey over his head, Moen decisioned Ferrence.

Mara will go with Boychuk or Thorton if they try to jump someone again. No one else will fight.

Although I think JM will sit Mara and White out for that game, seems like something he would do.

15. Storm Man says:

Payback is winning the game. Im all for smashing heads but that will not doing anything in the long run.

16. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

It’s not just the fights, what about Lucic and Horton taking a run at PK at the same time? Lucic all over Price? McQuaid running at Patches in the last minute? Marchand running at the Wiz when the whistle was blown? They were taking liberties, knowing that we weren’t gonna fight back.

17. scrowe21 says:

Yes it was a ridiculous game. Subban was gunna go with Horton, but Gill tied them up. Everything Lucic did was stupid and he should have been thrown out of the game earlier. Mara on numerous occasions has said screw the instigator rule and jumped people, so maybe he’ll jump Lucic but I doubt it. Wiz should have pounded Marchand. Pac handled the McQuaid thing perfectly and then scored on the PP.

18. RGM says:

Chill out. Neither party is going to make or break a game. Depth is nice to have, and some guys are going to be rotating in and out of the lineup from time to time.

19. HNS says:

McGuire said he thought Price was hunched over in pain the other night. Is he ailing from an injury or flu, cold etc?????? If Price is injured, they better get some farmers up here ASAP…..

20. shootdapuck says:

Hunched over, sick or hurt he’s exponentially better than the alternative.

“I only like to watch and takes notes” JM

21. Habfan29 says:

what is JM doing, I am pulling my hair out here, why is White sitting in favour of soft Pyatt, please someone do something, fire this coach ASAP……

22. Storm Man says:

We all know what assuming does… As a stock analyst my base is double the 130k you talk about and my compensation and bonuses are 70 percent per year. This is way i have a limited company. Sorry to smoke the idea you had going, Oh well that is what happens when one assumes.

23. blu3chip says:

Nope I’m not assuming you only make 130k.

But the fact that you used the tax bucket as a reference, gives me a good idea how much you are making.

The box is getting very tight…

24. blu3chip says:

When I mentioned ’29% fed tax’ I meant personal income tax, which is the top tax bucket, and that’s what I assumed you refer to.

To be more frank, if you are proud of your income/money you earn, which hits over 130k, you really should consider having your own business, because 130k is really peanuts to many.

25. blu3chip says:

When you find out how much people can earn with their own business, you wouldn’t be too proud with your 29% fed tax.

26. Storm Man says:

Maybe you need to read Ian’s post again. As for the bright part yah paying 29 percent a year in Fed tax a year is not so bright on my part :p

27. blu3chip says:

Yeah… I knew you either made a rather unfunny joke, or you are just plain… you know… umm… not bright.

28. blu3chip says:

Is his comment that hard to understand?

29. Storm Man says:

Nope. I hope you can understand That.

30. Storm Man says:

You’re embarrassing yourself btw. Personal tax and Business income tax are not the same thing.Sorry youppie guess the light did not go on before you made that post.

31. Storm Man says:

Where did i say I only made 130k? Most people here in Alberta who are in the 29 percent tax bucket have a limited companys so thay can put the major part of the personal income into with better tax breaks.

32. andrewberkshire says:

I’m surprised he hasn’t linked to ‘Loose Change’ yet.

What made it even funnier was how he didn’t get my point which goes to show just how clueless dummygod really is.

34. punkster says:

I love a good, healthy discussion with a deity as much as the next man. Thing is, you’re not it.

***Subbang!!!***

35. punkster says:

Bah, that was an easy one. His posts are usually contradictory.

***Subbang!!!***

Nobody thinks it’s funny when everyone is laughing at them.

37. Storm Man says:

You’re lost again! How does this happen to you all the time? The Blues sandbox is down the hall. Have a great weekend Everlasting and try not to get lost again.

38. Everlasting1 says:

You need to settle down, drama queen. If you don’t like the vid , you can vote a thumbs down on utube for the minions to see.

Elohim:”Let us make an Adam in our image and after our likeness.” – Genesis 1:26

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

39. Everlasting1 says:

You remain witless and so not funny.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

40. punkster says:

BTW, great line about finding St. Louis last night. Classic!

***Subbang!!!***

He has hard-on for Halak.

42. Everlasting1 says:

db

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

43. andrewberkshire says:

Personally, I enjoyed it when HH pointed out the contradictory nature of Sergio’s two idiotic quotes.

44. Everlasting1 says:

High expectations, hope you find what you’re looking for.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

45. scrowe21 says:

I was there for that game too. Such an awesome game, aside from Markov going down.

46. shootdapuck says:

And Carey Price made a couple of highlight reel saves including one on Larose which could be save of the year!

“I only like to watch and takes notes” JM

47. adam76 says:

last time I was at the bell center (against the canes) BRIAN SAVAGE had a hat trick.  You can all guess what month that was.

Also got engaged to my first wife – the hatrick was more special.

48. N.B.habs fan says:

Kim,I know how you feel,if I preformed like most of the players do ,I would lose my job.I would love to have a job and get paid millions and stink like they do.When players that don’t preform the way they should than they shouldn’t get paid.But I still watch them hoping for the best……GO HABS GO!!

49. Kimberly2u says:

I have a bad feeling about tonight…don’t think it’s going to go our way..but then I hope I’m wrong..there is no consistency with this team..too many injuries and too many players not playing like they really care if they win or not…since they lost Markov they lost some of their leadership…anyways…go Habs go….hope Auld plays well tonight

50. blu3chip says:

Last time I was in Bell Centre, the Habs stormed the Canes with 7 goals.

Maybe you can get me a ticket to tonight’s game and ease your bad feeling ;)

51. punkster says:

Do you step down from your throne to post here or do you dicate it to a minion? WTF was that about???

***Subbang!!!***

52. Everlasting1 says:

JM sure works in mysterious ways. A practicing numerologist?

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

53. adam76 says:

Wow – maybe if Price had Thursday off he could have been 100% for a CRITICAL game against the canes.

This franchise is getting hard to defend.

This franchise is getting easy to defend against.

55. scrowe21 says:

Im willing to bet that JM will have Mara and White sit that game out.

56. SLYDER says:

he’s being saved for mar. 8th

how many of those guys who bullied pyatt/spacek/hamirlik at the end of that last game will try that with him on the ice?

57. scrowe21 says:

Poor Mara. I liked him too, he was playing very physical and was really into it. He wasn’t letting anyone run around on our players. I cant wait until Pyatt is gone.

58. HabFanSince72 says:

My guess is Pyatt is in there for his PK abilities. Our PK has gone from league best to horrible.

59. otter649 says:

Sopel & Weber as a D Pair – Not very often you see two RH shooting players as a combo……..

60. smiler2729 says:

Yeah but I’d like to see Auld rise to the challenge of this.  Though I didn’t think he should’ve started, I didn’t think he looked that bad on Thursday, no chance on two laser shots but the Kessel wraparound was soft. The team in front of him weren’t exactly playing stellar D.

I like White and Pyatt… hell, bench Kostitsyn.

61. SLYDER says:

White should be playing

Sanford should be called up

62. adamkennelly says:

geeze…White a healthy scratch…obvious JM had him on a very short leash anyways – barely even standing up for himself in after whislte scrums….for all of us holding out hope this team would toughen up in prep for the playoffs – sure sign it aint gonna happen…sad.

63. Storm Man says:

What Staal did we trade for?….

Price, Mara and Staal are out. Sopel, Auld are in. Only thing that could change is Price might feel better at game time.

We just never know which team will show up. They just never seem to make it easy on us every game.!

65. ProHabs says:

OH NO! I THINK I’M HAVING A PANIC ATTACK. I like that Weber will be playing with Sopel. I am glad JM is not playing Mara over Weber. But White should be playing instead of Pyatt, even Dawes should be called up to play over Pyatt, at least he had a bit of a scoring touch. But I guess none of this will matter if Auld goals like he did last game.