Price ailing, game-time decision

Canadiens goaltender Carey Price came to the Bell Centre this morning for the skate, but was sent home when he reported he wasn’t feeling well. Head coach Jacques Martin said he’ll be a game-time decision, but expects he’ll at least feel well enough to sit as backup. There will be no callup.

Defencemen Paul Mara and Alexandre Picard will be healthy scratches, along with Ryan White. Tom Pyatt is back in.

New defenceman Brent Sopel will play alongside Yannick Weber.

The Carolina Hurricanes will be without Eric Staal, who suffered an upper body injury last night in their 4-1 win over Pittsburgh. Staal didn’t make the trip to Montreal. The Hurricanes didn’t skate this morning.

1. shootdapuck says:

Pyatt being showcased……….can only hope!

“I only like to watch and takes notes” JM

2. HNS says:

If he has the flu he’ll be out tonight. Plus Auld will have something to prove tonight to himself and the fans.

3. Habhopeful says:

I thought Price sucked?

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

4. ProHabs says:

I’m with you man. I would get Belak just for that game. Anyone who doesn’t think the team was manhandled that game by the Bruins is kidding themselves.

5. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

I had heard that the Stewart brothers were from LaSalle, but Maguire on Melnick yesterday said that wasn’t true and that they were from Mississauga.

Maguire had to say that when he was interviewed for the GM job with TB, he was asked who he would hire as coach and of course he said Guy Boucher, it sounded ike he was taking credit for the hire.

I can’t wait for someone to give him a job, so he could put his money where his mouth is.

6. Angela Morales says:

I hope Carey feels better soon, we need him! 🙂 And yay to Pyatt being back in!!

7. HABSsince92 says:

Great news now the Habs really won’t show up tonight with Price not playing.

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

8. habstrinifan says:

OK! Someone please help me make sense of this ALL. Mara out SOPEL in. Please explain to me why PG acquired Mara in what seemed a hasty move. I dont have any thoughts one way or another as to whom among Picard, Mara, Weber should be IN or OUT. I am just confused by the proclivity of our management to add players whom they only used as ‘fillers’ to put in and out of the lineup from one game to the next. Does this accentuate JM’s coaching wizardry?  Does this mean that the team has become an overall more resilient team. Is it developing ”a whole greater than the sum of its parts’ or ‘sum of parts holding up an indifferent whole’?.

Why not acquire a player who brings a unique, identifiabe and missing aspect to the team and make him an irreplaceable stewart of the team. OOOPS TYPO! I meant ‘stalwart’ of course. Or maybe I did mean ‘stewart’ as in Anthony Stewart from La Salle Quebec 225 lbs. See PG, my sentence, like your team, would be more complete, when I add the most correct part.. one that may be homonymous but SHOULD NOT BE synonymous with each other.

9. christophor says:

funny thinking how NOT the case this was last year

10. Storm Man says:

What do we do with him after?

11. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Is it possible to claim Belak? Just for the March 8th game?

12. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

I’m still a little peeved at the beat down, they were given last time they played. I’m up for some payback!

13. scrowe21 says:

It wasn’t really a beat down. The only fight boston won was against PYATT. Hammer and Spacek literally just got jumped, and they should have been suspended. Pouliot dropped Krecji with one punch and Price could have smashed Timmy when he had his jersey over his head, Moen decisioned Ferrence.

Mara will go with Boychuk or Thorton if they try to jump someone again. No one else will fight.

Although I think JM will sit Mara and White out for that game, seems like something he would do.

14. Storm Man says:

Payback is winning the game. Im all for smashing heads but that will not doing anything in the long run.

15. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

It’s not just the fights, what about Lucic and Horton taking a run at PK at the same time? Lucic all over Price? McQuaid running at Patches in the last minute? Marchand running at the Wiz when the whistle was blown? They were taking liberties, knowing that we weren’t gonna fight back.

16. scrowe21 says:

Yes it was a ridiculous game. Subban was gunna go with Horton, but Gill tied them up. Everything Lucic did was stupid and he should have been thrown out of the game earlier. Mara on numerous occasions has said screw the instigator rule and jumped people, so maybe he’ll jump Lucic but I doubt it. Wiz should have pounded Marchand. Pac handled the McQuaid thing perfectly and then scored on the PP.

17. RGM says:

Chill out. Neither party is going to make or break a game. Depth is nice to have, and some guys are going to be rotating in and out of the lineup from time to time.

18. HNS says:

McGuire said he thought Price was hunched over in pain the other night. Is he ailing from an injury or flu, cold etc?????? If Price is injured, they better get some farmers up here ASAP…..

19. shootdapuck says:

Hunched over, sick or hurt he’s exponentially better than the alternative.

“I only like to watch and takes notes” JM

20. Habfan29 says:

what is JM doing, I am pulling my hair out here, why is White sitting in favour of soft Pyatt, please someone do something, fire this coach ASAP……

21. bolder says:

There goes JM with scratching size in the line up. Dresses Weber and Pyatt over Mara and White! What a f***ing stupid coach! WTF is the Molson’s waiting for???