Preseason Habs on RDS, CJAD

For those asking: RDS exec Domenic Vannelli relays word this morning that the network will carry four preseason Canadiens games, three of them from the Bell Centre:

Tonight vs. Boston;
Sept. 27 vs. Florida;
Sept. 30 vs. Buffalo;
Oct. 2 vs. New York Islanders at the Pepsi Colisée in Quebec City.

RDS.ca will not be streaming preseason games.

CJAD radio (800 AM in Montreal, cjad.com on the web) will broadcast all Habs preseason matches.

1. Bones says:

1. Which ONE player are you most looking forward to seeing tonight? Gabriel Dumont,

2. Who most needs a goal tonight for his confidence? Benoit Pouliot

The Habs organization is said to have one of the best prospect groups
    at the Forward position in the league. Do the Habs have too many forward
    prospects at the SAME LEVEL… and not enough spaces in the near future
    to allow them to get their shot?

You can never have enough prospects.They will figure out how to deal with this situation.

4. Is Weber ready to be an NHL defenseman this year?Yes, but not with the Habs

5. Which longshot player would you most like to see make the Habs this season? Gabriel Dumont

6. BONUS QUESTION:  What’s your game drink of choice? Moosehead

2. scrowe21 says:

Tinordi and Leblanc are both likely 3 years away from making the team. Tinordi said himself he’d like to make the team in 3 years at his draft interview..Schultz will probably get a good shot next year.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

3. mbplekfan says:

JM said Schultz needs to work on his fitness and skating.

Not uncommon as junior hockey isnt as demanding as pro.

If he improves his conditioning and learns a better positional game he could make it next year.

4. Hobie Hansen says:

I must say I’m pretty darn pumped to watch this game tonight. I can’t wait to take a gander at Leblanc and especially Tinordi after Tinordi gets sent back to the OHL I’m going to hit up a few Ottawa 67s games here in town when the London Knights are visiting to get a better look at him.

I know Tinordi will be wearing #42, anyone know what # Leblanc will be sporting tonight?

Getting to watch Seguin will be a little added bonus as well.

Great to be a Habs fan these days. I love how they’ve adopted a more North American look by adding guys like Gionta, Gomez, Cammalleri, Subban, Moen and a few others. I love Plekanec and Markov too, don’t get wrong!

I can’t wait to see Leblanc, Tinordi and Shultz playing in Montreal, hopefully for a couple of them as soon as next year? I think Tinordi is probably 2 years at best away. Keep it up Habs.

GO HABS GO

5. scrowe21 says:

I know..I figured he definately earned a chance over Dumont or Conboy but I guess not tonight.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

6. G-Man says:

1. Delorme- local boy- may not ever make it so I hope he lives the dream tonight. 2. BP 3. Too many 3rd and 4th liners in the system, but that’s one tough balancing act  4. never will be   5. Desharnais (it will never happen, but I like his spunk and attitude)  6. Glennfiddich- 50 years old and so smooooooooth.

7. Rugger says:

1. Palushaj (Price #2, Tinordi #3)

2. Poulet

3. Great problem to have – Look what ST. Louis did with their Excess.

4. Haven’t seen enough of him, add him as #4 tonight if he is in line-up

5. Is Palushaj still considered a long shot?

6. Apple Cider (not hard) First of the season for the first of the pre-season

Hurray!

RDS is now available on cable as of right now.!

In Belleville, Trenton, Kingston and more areas in Ontario.

9. foxscape says:

Does anyone know if RDS will be streaming regular season games this year?

and tho’ We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    –Alfred Lord

10. JIMVINNY says:

1. Palushaj, because if he performs, the battle for top-6 spots gets a lot more interesting.

2. Pouliot.

3. Yes, we’re going to lose guys without ever really seeing them.  Maxwell will be the first of many to go.

4. Hells no.

5. Schultz.  Needs to get fit though, if Martin is to be believed.

6. If they’re winning, beer.  If they’re losing, something stronger.

11. scrowe21 says:

Schultz is a scratch for some stupid reason.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

12. Chuck says:

$4.99?! What a ripoff!!

13. Chorske says:

Haha, hilarious!

14. Chorske says:

1. Avtsin.

2. The Habs. Wait, what?

3. Holy smokes. In French, they call this chercher le pepin– trying hard to find a problem when there is none.

4. He better be, for his sake- he and Darche are the new Chipchuras.

5. Eller. Does he count?

6. Depends. Usually Jamesons.

15. crabvader says:

1. Schultz

2. Lappy

3. Not necessarily. The guys who should be afraid are guys said to already have their position on the team; Pouliot and AK, notably.

4. Only if he tightened up in front of his goaltender, offensively, he’s been ready for the last 2 years.

5. Schultz

6. Hoegaarden

16. nunacanadien says:

Well wonder if Gomez will warrant the same kind of serious money that he’s gotten so far.  Granted he’s got a very high assist rate,  Where it counts and we don’t see him so much exceling is, skating against Chris Pronger, overpowering him, staying on the puck and on nets, to actually shoot, instead we see Gomez being overpowered by Pronger and forced to pass or give the puck away.  I think this is what many fans see and wonder why Gomez is worth that much money.  What we don’t see is his leadership perhaps among the players, reinforcing the work ethic, and most of all reinforcing Gainey’ and Gauthier’s belief in the smurfiness of the Habs!  Gomez is captain of the hab smurfs perhaps.

17. Mark C says:

1. Louis

2. No one, but if I have to pick Benny or Yannick.

3. Nope, and having too many prospects is never a bad problem.

4. Hard to say without seeing him, I think he will become NHL level by the end of the season. People seem to forget just how young he is, he turns 22 tomorrow. I think his floor is as a 5-6 dmen, who can play on the PP, while his ceiling is Mark Streit 2.0.

5. Palushaj

6. Big fan of mixing it up.

18. WarHero says:

1. Both Tinordi & Leblanc

2. Pouliot

3. No, not all will develop like we hope.

4. We’ll see :)

5. Avtsin

6. Coors Light

————————————————————————

19. pic1983 says:

1. Gotta be Louis Leblanc

2. Pouliot

3. I dont see it as a problem.  If Pouliot or AK falter this year that will open up roster spots in the future.  Even if they have mediocre seasons, doesn’t mean we will see the need to re-sign them if they want too much money.  If they have breakout years, that will create a bit of a logjam, however, none of our prospects right now are of the “cant miss” variety, so I don’t think having too many forward prospects is a problem at this time.

4.  Not for the canadiens, thats for sure.  I dont think he’s never gotten a fair shake with us to really be able to judge his skill.

5.  No idea.

4. No

5. Enqvist

6. Bud

22. mbplekfan says:

Palushaj,

Pouliot,

Depth is always important, but do we seriously have too many potential NHL’rs playing in Hamilton? No.

Weber did not develop physically and his game has not developed enough to overcome his size issues. Unless he miraculously blossoms in the minors he is heading for Europe next year.

23. Storm Man says:

Ian when you findout where donations can be sent please do email me. I would be happy to send a large one.

24. Chuck says:

1. Price

2. AK46

3. Not enough standouts, but that makes for great competition for roster spots and playing time.

4. Not unless he’s an injury call-up.

5. Andreas Engqvist

6. Keith’s

25. yathehabsrule says:

I do that alot with CBC/TSN and CJAD on. Sometimes one is ahead, and other games it’s behind.

All depends on the service provider, internet speeds, cable wiring, all that tekkie speed of light E=MC2 stuff.

I have a TV in the living room, and one in the bedroom and with both on the same channel, one is a few seconds ahead of the other.

___________________________________________

Ya! The Habs Rule! now on Twitter!

26. mbplekfan says:

I never complain about how much Gomez gets paid. He’s the best center we’ve had in a long time. The players we gave up were worth it.

The culture of the team needed to be changed and Gomez has helped to change it.

27. mike g says:

Agreed once again…

But it seems that in NY, the more mistakes Sather makes, the longer he’s gonna stay as GM.

IMO a troll on any hockey website could do a better job than Sather, but hey, I don’t smoke cigars.

And then people have the male genitals to call Gainey or PG bad GM’s…yikes.

28. mike g says:

1- TheWhite, or Leblanc

2- Pouliot

3- Nope

4- Nope, and IMO never will be.

5- Shultz

6- Bottle of Jack, yes bottle…

29. TheDagger says:

Yeah true, that sounds better. I hate that GMs can go “Ooops… that was dumb, enjoy the bus”…

30. mike g says:

I agree with your concept…

But 2 mill isn’t enough to hurt a team. 4 mill and over would be better.

31. SmartDog says:

5 QUESTIONS

1. Which ONE player are you most looking forward to seeing tonight?

2. Who most needs a goal tonight for his confidence?

3. The Habs organization is said to have one of the best prospect groups at the Forward position in the league. Do the Habs have too many forward prospects at the SAME LEVEL… and not enough spaces in the near future to allow them to get their shot?   (Meaning we’ll need to trade away some potentially strong assets without a proper look-see.)

4. Is Weber ready to be an NHL defenseman this year?

5. Which longshot player would you most like to see make the Habs this season?

6. BONUS QUESTION:  What’s your game drink of choice?  (For me – it’s Kilkenny… though I don’t always have one.)

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

32. Say Ash says:

Thus far, that payment has yielded our best playoffs in 17 years.

33. TheDagger says:

There should be a rule in the CBA about burying big contracts in the minors. If the GM is dumb enough to make absurd contracts then they should pay for their mistakes. Say, any player with a cap hit over $2 million can’t be burried. Probably make some GMs look a little harder about some of these contracts they dish out.

34. mbplekfan says:

Payment for Gomez is coming due. McDonagh was always touted as a first pairing defenceman and seeing him impress the Rangers should come as no surprise.

It would be interesting to see if Valentenko can also make that team.

35. The Cat says:

I saw pics of roads collapsed, flying maybe the way to go.

36. sholi2000.com says:

Center Ice is free until 26 Oct.

They Call Me Shane

37. mike g says:

Hahaha….the Rangers…

You can tell that an organization is really stupid when it takes someone like Ryan McDonagh, who hasn’t played 1 career game in the NHL, to spell the end of Wade Redden in NY.

Now in no way am I qualified to be employed by an NHL team. But speaking from a fans POV, Redden shouldn’t even be playing in the AHL for how bad he is.

So when they say that McDonagh will spell the end for Redden, I say the end should have never even started. And if nobody wanted to stop Sather from dishing out all that cash, then after 1 year maximum of terrible play he shoulda been sent down.

38. mike g says:

Well then…

I hope you enjoyoyoyoye watching it on RDS.

39. nightmare_49 says:

New York Rangers 2010-2011 Season Preview

Potential Rookies:

Ryan McDonagh: Ryan McDonagh (who the Rangers acquired in the Scott Gomez trade) probably has the best chance to make the team out of camp. The Rangers were so impressed with him at their prospect camp back in June, that they tried to sign him to a professional contract. There was speculation that McDonagh wanted to remain in Wisconsin, but he decided to sign with the Rangers. The assumption is that his spot on the defense is his to lose, and his success at making the team out of camp will finally spell the end of Wade Redden. But that has yet to be seen.

40. mike g says:

I’m really considering going down there to help…

It would be great to drive there and help out those who lost their homes.

There’s nothing like helping those in need.

41. jennifer1984 says:

so i just moved about 2 months ago from Justin Bieber’s hometown (my hometown) to Matt D’Agostini’s hometown (crapppppppy)

and im checking out all the channels (and trying to get used to Shaw tv instead of Rogers) and i just noticed for some reason I have RDS right now. And NHL Network. I’m going to cross my fingers and hope this isnt a fluke.

I just became extremely excited because I thought I would have to listen to it online instead of being able to watch it!

42. ShangaDoo says:

Come closer to game time, the links at atdhe.net should be up. If it’s not try channelsurfing.net or hockeywebcasts.com, again if there are no links yet, check back around game time

43. floatingineather says:

Ian,, you are indeed a class act!

44. WarHero says:

Thank you for sharing Ian! As a Maritimer (Cape Breton), my heart goes out to NFLD and all those who are in need of assistance. Please send JT and company my best wishes!

————————————————————————

News about the disaster in NFLand.

I sent an e-mail this morning to HIO poster and blogger JT in Newfoundland, asking her if she was OK and if there was anything I could do..

I thought I would share her response to me.

Thanks a lot, Ian. We were okay at our house…a little water in the basement, a couple of trees down and power out for a few hours. Others are much worse off. Everybody’s struggling just to assess the damage today. Some communities are completely cut off from the rest of the province. The entire Bonavista Penninsula is without power or water. In Bonavista, the only gas station able to pump with the power out was flooded, so they’re also out of gas, which is a problem for people on oxygen. With no power, their oxygen pumps are running on generators and without gas, they don’t run. We were lucky.

I’m not sure if there will be donations requested by the Red Cross or anybody later, but right now, all you can do is say a prayer for people who have lost so much.

Leigh Anne

46. nightmare_49 says:

Signs you’re getting cut this week: [Down Goes Brown]

47. mike g says:

I say…

The place will be packed, the Molson’s will sell a ton of beers, etc..

Also, there will be numerous chants of : “Louis, Louis, Louis”, and “Carey, Carey, Carey”.

And, everytime Leblanc touches the puck the crowd will get anxious.

48. SeriousFan09 says:

Louis Leblanc scores a hat trick and Carey Price gets an EN for a 4-2 win :p

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

49. mike g says:

How about this….

At the faceoff to start the game, Seguin and Leblanc drop the gloves.

Fight lasts 2 minutes.

Lebalanc wins.

50. Bryan says:

Do you have to pay to use those streams?  And how reliable are they?

atdhe.net doesn’t seem to have the games for tonight :(

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

51. Storm Man says:

I say the Habs win 5-2. Cammy, Pleks, Lappy, Palushaj and LL score for the boys….. What is your outlook on tonights match?

52. mike g says:

Why, she can’t take bus or metro?…

These woman of today….

53. SeriousFan09 says:

It sounded like Bob Cole on a good day.

Fixed.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

54. Say Ash says:

Last year, I had the other teams’ internet feed in one window with CJAD in another. The play-by-play was three seconds behind the action. It sounded like Bob Cole.

55. Keith says:

Jeez, you would think that RDS would show ALL pre-season games, but at least CJAD will be doing their thing on the radio. Thank God for internet radio. Looking forward to listening to Rick and Sergio, but I’ll still miss Murray Wilson’s orgasmic “YES” when the Habs score lol!

56. Propwash says:

Ill have the 1st period on CJAD, I gotta pick up the girlfriend from work tonight.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

57. rocketsglare says:

I am expecting from these pre-season games for the Habs to build continuity and consistency and

to create momentum going into the start to the season. Anything else positve to come out from these

games would be simply a bonus.

To all my fellow HIO posters, enjoy tonight’s game and let’s hope it is the start to a very successful

season for our beloved Habs!

58. Bolkonsky says:

He said RDS would not be streaming preseason games, but does it mean they will be streaming season ones this year?  I know we can get them anywhere (atdhe, etc.), but I don’t mind paying for the quality and security of the source.

59. joeybarrie says:

Tv’s are expensive in Canada. Best Buy in the US has a 50 inch Samsung Plasma on sale for 1 grand.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

60. 4evr9 says:

http://www.surfthechannel.com probably will have the game.  Also the NHL centre ice is free right now for those Bell Express Subscribers.  For me as anglo learning french. I will be watching on RDS.

61. SeriousFan09 says:

OHL is phasing out their All-Star Game.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

62. mike g says:

Same here…

I baught a 42 inch plasma for my room, with a HD reciever, and a whole bunch of stuff. Cost me 2 gino’s, and even though I have 800 channels, I haven’t turned it on since the playoffs.

A few nature channels like Oasis HD and Discovery are cool, but the rest of the time it’s Sportscenter or hockey games.

63. Say Ash says:

I just wish it looked as good on the web as it does on my TV. Hockey is the only thing keeping me from dropping my cable service.

64. ooder says:

aright guys i hope you all enjoy the game tonight.

lets see what our habs can do :)

pound ’em bruins.

i will be in class until 10:10 so im relying on my friend for updates.

btw i still can’t believe how hysterically bad the leafs are lol

5 – 0 to an AHL team ahahahhaha

——————

88 is the new 23

65. mike g says:

Yea I know, it’s 2010…

I was just going along with his ultimatum….

66. Say Ash says:

I assure you if it’s on a TV somewhere, it’s on the web somewhere, too.

67. habsfansince91 says:

i’m sure there’ll be plenty of streams once the game begins.

try sites like http://www.atdhe.net and http://www.justin.tv

68. Rudy says:

So for us in the states with NHL Center Ice (which doesn’t show pre season games), listen to CJAD I guess :(

69. joeybarrie says:

There HAS to be a link somewhere….

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

70. SmartDog says:

Be careful or they won’t let you into Japan to see your “fans”.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

71. mike g says:

So from now on I’ll call you Snow White.

Cuz tonight’s game ain’t on the web…

Happy sniffin bud.

72. joeybarrie says:

Is this game going to be streaming from RDS?

I need to see this game or I swear im going back to COCAINE…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…