Preseason Habs on RDS, CJAD

For those asking: RDS exec Domenic Vannelli relays word this morning that the network will carry four preseason Canadiens games, three of them from the Bell Centre:

Tonight vs. Boston;
Sept. 27 vs. Florida;
Sept. 30 vs. Buffalo;
Oct. 2 vs. New York Islanders at the Pepsi Colisée in Quebec City.

RDS.ca will not be streaming preseason games.

CJAD radio (800 AM in Montreal, cjad.com on the web) will broadcast all Habs preseason matches.

1. Chorske says:

Uh, since when is 5’10-5’11 small? I’m with you on the others, and SeriousFan is right about some of these heights being sheer fiction. But 5’11 is not small. It’s league average, for petes sakes.

2. Mattyleg says:

Huh.

Thanks for the heads-up.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

3. Chuck says:

$201!

*Malreg goes ballistic after being “Price-Is-Righted”*

…just kidding. There’s no way that I could make the game this weekend.

4. montreal1 says:

Per Ticket

5. mike g says:

Damn…

The one thing I swore never to say.

No deal, sorry.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

6. montreal1 says:

add the where abouts of timo and you got yourself a deal

7. SmartDog says:

Is that a giant mushroom or are you just happy to see me?

Sorry.. I don’t know why this cracks me up so much! LOL

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

8. mike g says:

I’ll even include the option of unlimited posts..

I think that’s $2.95 per month.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

9. Malreg says:

What row?  It’s pretty much just a few rows difference when compared to the Blue’s.  $155 for the pair is about double the face-value, FYI.  Not much of a deal.

10. montreal1 says:

throw me a number

11. kotsopoulos says:

hi there,

how much would you be selling them for?

12. SeriousFan09 says:

Desharnais used to be 5’5″, than he became 5’6″, now he’s 5’7″? Methinks someone is getting measured with his skates on.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

13. SeriousFan09 says:

File a human rights complaint with the government, this is clearly religious persecution.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

14. montreal1 says:

i’ve heard great things about the greys, plenty of drunks and familys!

15. montreal1 says:

Great Seats at the habs end where they score twice and you can smell the sweat

16. WarHero says:

Agreed :)

————————————————————————

17. Mattyleg says:

Never sat in the greys, are the seats significantly better than the blues?

Got an offer for a pair of seats at $155 for a regular-season game.

Thoughts?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

18. SmartDog says:

Hey, that’s my cousin!  Sure’s smart too but he’s all business and no fun.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

19. avatar_58 says:

Sure! Can you pay my way to Montreal too?

20. petrov14 says:

Desharnais 5-7

Aaron Palushaj 5-11

Ryan Russell  5-10

Olivier Fortier  5-11

Gabriel Dumont  5-9

Brendan Gallagher  5-9

Yea I agree we have some big guys too but im sure a few of these guys will be moved. Or maybe i’ve bought into the small hype. But I honestly dont think were a “small team” Just some of our better players are smallish.

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

21. montreal1 says:

mike your a funny guy i like you

22. habinypsi says:

1.Pleks

2.Chicken

3.I’ll leave that up to Goat

4.Nope

5.Avistn (sp)?

6.PBR

23. montreal1 says:

Full benefits included?

24. Chuck says:

I think that you’re stuck on “repeat”.

25. mike g says:

I’ll pay you a lifetime membership to HIO for the pair.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

26. SeriousFan09 says:

1. Leblanc

2. Pouliot

3. Depends on player progression, Leblanc, Avtsin, Kristo and Eller are all very young and their hits (or lack of one in Kristo’s case) will likely give the organization an idea of what they’ll offer.

4. Won’t know until I see him, but he didn’t blow me away in the Hammer last year.

5. Avtsin, I love the scouting reports on this kid.

6. Don’t drink alcohol, but sometimes I crack open a Pepsi.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

27. Chorske says:

1. Whoops, no Avtsin tonight. Tinordi, then.

28. montreal1 says:

i got 2 tickets to this sundays preseason game, section 122 row EE, anybody interested??

29. Chorske says:

3. I can see us trading some small forwards in the system.

Can we stop with the small forwards thing? If you look at the prospects that came to camp, there were maybe TWO that were under 6′. We have ONE major prospect who can be considered small- Gallagher- and he could well end up being a future Gionta, because although he was cut from camp there is no doubting his heart and skill.

Seriously, go back to this thread, look at the heights and weights, and tell me that this team has a future size problem.

30. Chuck says:

I wish that game in Quebec City would have been against the Av’s.

31. HFX-HabFan says:

1- Leblanc

2- It’s the first game of the pre-season.  This hardly matters.

3- You can never have too many prospects.

4- Not in Montreal.

5- Ryan White.

6- Orange juice.

32. Danno says:

Or maybe this cute little fellow. I call him Bubbles

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

33. petrov14 says:

1. Leblanc

2. AK46

3. I can see us trading some small forwards in the system.

4. yes, but wont make the team full-time.

5. Palushaj

6. Keiths

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

34. Danno says:

21 – that’s Gionta’s number. Just a bit of red and white paint and voila. A $4.99 Gionta shirt. Don’t forget the C…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

35. petrov14 says:

Smartdog might have some competition, Business dog.

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

36. habaddict_andy says:

In 4 hours.  I like 4 hours more than 4 months that I waited for this start of the hockey season.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

37. Anonymous says:

I have rogers and rds is blocked :s

38. mike g says:

Alright….I’m bored

Is this game gonna start or what?!

Tabarnak, esti.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

39. jennifer1984 says:

sault ste marie too.

is this just a preview to get suckered in?

since my sister and i have both moved out, my mom canceled rds. however i am 9 hours away from her now, so it’d be pretty hard to run over to watch the game.

40. Bones says:

1. Which ONE player are you most looking forward to seeing tonight? Gabriel Dumont,

2. Who most needs a goal tonight for his confidence? Benoit Pouliot

The Habs organization is said to have one of the best prospect groups
    at the Forward position in the league. Do the Habs have too many forward
    prospects at the SAME LEVEL… and not enough spaces in the near future
    to allow them to get their shot?

You can never have enough prospects.They will figure out how to deal with this situation.

4. Is Weber ready to be an NHL defenseman this year?Yes, but not with the Habs

5. Which longshot player would you most like to see make the Habs this season? Gabriel Dumont

6. BONUS QUESTION:  What’s your game drink of choice? Moosehead

41. scrowe21 says:

Tinordi and Leblanc are both likely 3 years away from making the team. Tinordi said himself he’d like to make the team in 3 years at his draft interview..Schultz will probably get a good shot next year.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy