“Practice”: Almost had a story here

So a casual inventory of the water bottle lineup on the Habs’ Brossard bench seemed to include the number 76 on a bottle. That would be P.K. Subban’s number.

But closer inspection – ace TSN cameraman Paul Romano trained his lens on it from the second storey of the rink – the bottle was labelled PG, for goaltending coach Pierre Groulx.

Groulx is taking shots at this hour from Mathieu Darche and Ben Maxwell. But they’re headed off now to join the rest of the team in an 11:15 meeting before they all fly to Washington for Friday’s Game 5, trailing the Washington Capitals 3-1.

Defenceman Jaroslav Spacek, who missed Game 4 with a relapse of a recent virus, took a brief spin on the ice but left early.

1. Habsrule1 says:

Halak has really shown he’s a # 1 in the last 2 weeks, eh?

Everyone knew the Habs were small, but they still got into the playoffs with significant injuries. Without those, they could have finished 5th! Gainey turned this tem from a 77 point team that missed the playoffs 4 out of 5 years to a 4 out of 5 year playoff team, so you were wrong there too. Gomez has been really good for us. If his salary is not known, NOBODY is dissapointed with him one bit. The team needs 1 or 2 big, talented forwards and possibly another solid D-Man (OB soon?) to put us over the top, but the core is good, and so is the future.

Wanna spin this your way any more?

Go Habs Go!! “I don’t have a copy of Georges’ code, I don’t know what it is,”. “I think the code is that you’re here for your teammates. It’s not your code, it’s our code.” – Bob Gainey

2. Bob Barker says:

You might think you were right about everything but that doesn’t make it fact. Gomez might be overpaid but he’s by no means a waste. Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri and Pleks have played pretty well this series. The Hasb forwards have controlled the play for a good portion of the series. The D has let the team down for the most part, that and Martin for playing Hamrlik when he continues to make one mistake after another, while O’Byrne who had a solid game last night, warms the bench.

Goaltending hasn’t really been a factor. Game 1 Halak was great. Game 2, John Carlson’s shot should not have beat him. Halak played great until the last week of the season. That Toronto game was brutal.

Basically the D need to get better next season. I think Subban will help a lot. LA will be much worse without Doughty. Hopefully he’ll have a similar impact.

3. HabsFanInTampa says:

I read the article in the St. Petersburg Times and he “hinted” that he wants to finish his career with another Stanley Cup. He’s going to be 35 in June and doesn’t believe he has too many more years on his battered body. In other words, he knows Tampa is in a rebuilding mode and his body clock is ticking and they won’t be truly competitive for a couple of more seasons. My question to you is; Why would he leave a team that’s not going to win a Stanley Cup (Lightning) in two or three years to another team that’s not going to win a Stanley Cup (Canadiens) in two or three years?

4. Storm Man says:

The company I work for had a golf tourny and he goes to it in the summer I had my Habs cap on and a bunch of us were talking with him. I asked him what would it take to see you play for the Habs he smiled and said when you play in the PGA I will play in Montreal. I think he made his point.

5. ManApart says:

it probably wouldn’t happen. But if the right trade was offered to Calgary, how do you know for a fact, he wouldn’t want to come here?

6. ManApart says:

Since early this year, I’ve said  this team was not very good, they played too small and weak , they were not built for the playoffs, Halak should be #1 (when he barely was playing), Gainey should leave because he’s done a terrible job, our money was locked up with guys like Gomer who was a waste. You pretty much said I knew nothing like now and said the opposite on all counts. In the end I was almost bang on on everything. You were totally off on everything. So now, who needs to learn again?….

7. Storm Man says:

Halak wont go for nothing still have his card in play, Maybe losing Pleks for nothing could wake the Molsons up and that would have them clean house from top to bottom in the front office.

8. Storm Man says:

This team needs to work on better Dmen and bigger bottom 6 and take things from that point on. I would love Iginla to play for the Habs but he would not come here. I know this for a fact

9. ManApart says:

Would be a travesty if we lost him for nothing. Along with Halak he was MVP this year. You lose Pleks, this team gets A LOT worse. There is nobody that can come close to replacing him in the Org.

10. Chuck says:

Yep. We’ve got the Caps right where we want ’em!

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

11. ManApart says:

I’d lose Gomez first, but it all depends on return. You know what would be better?

Big Talented Dude (Iginla) – Pleks – Cammy

Big talented Dude (Nathan Horton) – Big Center (J. Staal or Taylor Hall) – Gio

Might have to trade a mix of Cammy, along with K-Bros, Markov and Price, Gomez to get these guys

12. Storm Man says:

You make it sound like Pleks is a done deal and is going to stay with the Habs. I for one would not bank on it.

13. punkster says:

And the vulture response on the other page was classic.

14. ManApart says:

It’s about playoffs. Marleau had 40 goals in the regular season, look at him now. Not saying Cammy is that type of guy, but I have my questions about him. Pretty weak defensively, one dimensional. I don’t want to trade him, just figuring he could get very good value. We can’t have all these small forwards, it will never work. I figure Cammy maybe can get us the best return. Maybe an Iginla or something?