Power outage changes practice plans

The lights went out at the Canadiens practice facility in Brossard this morning, forcing coach Jacques Martin to revise his plans. The players skated for about 15 minutes with the emergency lights and then headed for the gym. The lights did come on as the players were getting out of their uniforms but Martin decided to stick with the gym regimen.

1. Exit716 says:

Molson forgot to book ice time.

He was busy working bingos to help pay for new sweaters.

2. Exit716 says:

I miss the days when CBC showed the Wonderful World of Disney followed by Wayne and Shuster.

And the days when it was a relevant broadcaster.

3. Number31 says:

No… Just call up Weber. He just scored his 5th goal too (on the PP).

4. Bill J says:

:O

At first I thought I was in the twilight Zone.

Kudos to you for giving credit to Price.

This team IMO is more then a .500 team, but I agree they are far from reaching the 60 wins plateau.

I still believe they can make the playoffs.  And as we saw last season, that’s the first step.

5. Bill J says:

Fail.

First go look at yourself in the mirror.

6. Bill J says:

Why dont’cha join Tony…

7. SeriousFan09 says:

The board is for open discussion and Tony’s latest split personality crossed a line.

If they were really banning all viewpoints that go against the majority view you’d have gotten the rear door out of here a long time ago.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

8. Everlasting1 says:

I’ve always thought having 3 Ontario teams was a little much, but then you realize the state of California (the mecca of hockey) has 3 clubs. But I’d favour the return of the Jets, Nords myself seeing as how some of these sunbelt teams are in financial straits. Surely Winnipeg, QC can draw more fans (provided tix prices are reasonable and venues are adequate).

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

9. kempie says:

Thank you Mr. Boone, thank you. Can you also “look after” Tony’s other 3 accounts as well? And while you’ve got your finger on the trigger, maybe that “Bret Michaels Xtrahabs” pain in the glutes as well?

10. kempie says:

I’m really really hoping it will be you, Bret Michaels.

11. fbkj says:

sweeeet ive stayed there… enjoy

msg though, is a terrible hockey venue

its worse than it looks on tv, but the creepy potvin sucks chant is endearing… kinda

12. mike g says:

Lol, no…

Staying at the Omni. 4 star hotel, very nice actually. Buddy of mine works at the Omni here in MTL, so he gets the room for dirt cheap in NY.

I think it’s regular price $350 or $400 US per night, but we get it for a song and dance.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

13. mike g says:

Baught the tickets off Stub-Hub, always cheaper…

Habs tickets in the same level as the ones we purchased at MSG are 95$ plus taxes, plus service fee. They come out to about $110-115 per ticket.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

14. LA Loyalist says:

Addendum: I thought I’d be more upset about nGomez wearing #11 but it’s not like you actually notice him.

“Now that Price is playing well, I can get back to my main job: bagging on the Smurf(tm)”

15. joeybarrie says:

Now that Im looking at how much tickets start at I am surprised at your post. The Habs tix start at $30 the NYR tix start at $50.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

16. fbkj says:

mike which hotel are you staying at, if its the hojos at penn i lol as i feel bad for you

17. joeybarrie says:

Not to be a nitpicker. But how much is parking at the hotel? How much is the subway should you be using it? I know its cheap. But still. Also I am curious what hotel you got for $90 in March. Sounds like you got a good deal.

However I am also thinking, not know how much Habs tickets are anymore… But isnt your $140 with $25 for both, and your NYR game each?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Another fun piece by JT Bourne, distractions for players are on the bench.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

19. habaddict_andy says:

There is a good news and bad news about last.  The bad news, discovery of Canadiens weakness.  The good news, Martin Brodeur is Montreal’s weakness and there isn’t a lot of ’em in the NHL.  In fact there is one in the NHL.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

20. otter649 says:

The Hamilton Bulldogs are on The CBC this sunday (24) @ 1pm est playing The Oklahoma City Barons (Edmonton’s Farm Team)………

21. joeybarrie says:

15% unemployment, so more people to go to hockey games that don’t have to work in the morning…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

22. joeybarrie says:

Are you upset because yet another one of your accounts was deleted?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

23. habaddict_andy says:

No practice today?  Was there any at all?  Is pyatt still with Gomez and Gionta?

24. fbkj says:

do you have any self awareness as to how you come off?