Postgame video: Shutout No. 4 for Price

Canadiens goalie Carey Price notched his fourth shutout of the season, a 30-save, 2-0 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night at the Bell Centre. Here’s Price talking about the effort. See below for clips of Brian Gionta and Jeff Halpern.

R7ofQwbcTO4

1. samTHEman says:

tape to tape from mike to mike. GOAL. =)

2. alestar says:

What a great signing…

XXIV…and counting

3. alestar says:

Must have been when the Leaves were on the Power Play…

XXIV…and counting

4. Aerobiz says:

Good God, is that Brian Wilde asking questions in the Carey Price vid about the great start to the season? He’s been doing this for years. Show a little polish for crying out loud. He seems like a really nice guy and I’m not in any way going after him as a person, but I just find him so clumsy when he interviews. Come on Brian, you can do better.

For me, Hal Gill was the best Hab on the ice tonight, he gets my first STAR!.

And the rest of the team gets my second star.

Now for Monday night!!! Another big effort needed again.

6. Matt_in_TO says:

Love how the skaters are all heaping praise on Carey and then Carey is going on about how it’s the guys playing in front of him.  These guys are playing for each other and I hope they can keep it up.  It’s been a great first quarter of the season.

- In Price We Trust

7. LA Loyalist says:

I guess you’re not getting in her end zone anytime soon :)

“I coach hard work” – Pat Burns

8. REB says:

I watch many games a week, via NHL Center Ice package, and I have to agree with you; Pierre Houde is the BEST play by play man in the business!  and Joel Bouchard is a much better commentator than McGuire!

9. showey47 says:

A prime example of why i harp so much on the importance of faceoffs.Especially the ones in the offensive and defensive zones.

10. nastyHABit says:

my wife informed me we were watching the Notre Dame vs Army football game instead of the habs and leafs,or else she was leaving me………GOD! IM’ GONNA MISS HER

11. homerbowen says:

I don’t speak french but I watch all Habs games on RDS. Everyone is biased no matter what station you watch at least this way I have no idea what BS anyone is slinging.

12. The Cat says:

Ive been on this site close to 3 years and people been complaining about TSN and CBC bias against the habs. So this has been going on since I been here, and its unlikely to change in the next 3 years, so why not learn french and watch RDS? Pierre Houde is the BEST play by play man in the business.

13. observer says:

Re: “So please Sportscentre, explain to me how the Canuck-Blackhawk game takes priority over a Habs-Leaf game?  Is it just because the Habs won? ”  –  – – – – – – – – – YES.

14. G-Man says:

Price is very solid and last night’s shut out was a TEAM one. They bailed Price out on rebounds and he bailed them out after they allowed Toronto good chances.

Excellent game all around. Komi’s pass for the buffer goal? Priceless!

15. observer says:

And now onto the first most anticipated game of this season.

16. The Cat says:

The Halpern goal was a thing of beauty. From the face off win, to the point shot, to the deflection -just perfect execution.

17. J Haul says:

Everything is great tonight, but a special kudos to stubbs for asking the captain about Mr. Burns. Key to the night right there.

18. OneTimer says:

Didn’t you say you’d leave HIO forever?

19. Laramy87 says:

So im on TSN reaing comments, and here is one of them:

Don
    Cherry was right that the leafs outplayed the Habs for big portions of
    the game. A couple of lucky goals for Montreal and a couple of bad
    bounces for the Leafs was the difference. Nice to see Don Cherry call
    out Kadri’s value.

When did TO outplay MTL? Habs were domincant all game, and Hallpy’s goal was hard work and wile Cammys goal wasn’t, wo cares when you have Price in net. I love being a habs fan living inn Toronto right now, GO HABS

20. habs001 says:

price is having an mvp season…on the other hand projecting some of forwards goal scoring stats is scary…

21. Seps says:

No, if he can’t even spell his favourite player’s name and his first comment is about Halak in St. Louis, and what he said was wrong too I might add.  People like that are just trying to stir stuff up and by sticking up for a stupid post like that, that makes you look like an idiot as well.

22. Seps says:

So please Sportscentre, explain to me how the Canuck-Blackhawk game takes priority over a Habs-Leaf game?  Is it just because the Habs won?  That is just insane.

On a side note did anyone see Kadri’s interview after the game?  “When we got scoring chances, they were A scoring chances, It’s not like they were B scoring chances…”   What exactly is a B scoring chance?

23. Seps says:

It’s a troll check out his profile, member for an hour, favourite player is Thomas Plecanek whoever that is haha.

24. AH says:

I killied myself laughing at Komi’s great pass, but what was also priceless (no pun intended), was Gustavsson’s reaction when he pulled up his mask and launched that huge f-bomb!

25. weightman25 says:

what are you talking about???

26. ha_bs 24 says:

Did you see the blues game no shutout for Halak but it was a close game yet the Devils win.

27. Seps says:

I watch the Habs play on RDS and yes there play-by-play guy is great, but I watch Sportscentre in English, I was just shocked that the Habs-Leaf highlights came after the Blackhawk-Canucks.  The Habs-Leaf rivalry is a classic rivalry and to not show that first on a show based out of Toronto?  Anyways, I just felt like I needed to say something :P

28. Number31 says:

According to CBC, Price said Pat Burns sent him an “inspirational note” before the season started. Makes this win all the greater…

29. Say Ash says:

And the icing? This was Brian Burke’s 1,000th game as GM.

30. Say Ash says:

…and with quite a different roster.

31. otter649 says:

Vancouver must be wondering what they have to do to beat Chicago who have beaten them out in the playoffs two years in a row & Chicago leading tonight 7-0 late in the third….

32. Say Ash says:

I think we have yet to lose more than two in a row as well – the same as in 2007-08.

33. Say Ash says:

Outrageous that Komi wasn’t one of the three stars! Pass of the night, I thought.

34. otter649 says:

What a difference from the last year & half when Price had a shut out going into the third period it seemed some sort of weak goal would be scored on him to break the shutout but not this season……….

35. Habscat says:

Price was sharp again last night, and has been outstanding through the first quarter of the season. If we can somehow bring in a masher for the wing or a big center we may make an even better run this year.

http://stores.ebay.com/Gushue-Sports-Cards  http://ronthecat.webs.com/

36. Chuck says:

20 games in, and they’ve yet to allow more than 3 goals in regulation. Not geting blown out is a wonderful thing.

Centre Hice: How do I hate thee… let me count the ways

37. newbrunswick troy says:

a couple of my views from the game….1- all the habs scated hard both ways (that always = a win)

2- Feel bad for Gomez, skates hard but has hands of CONCRETE

3- If i have to listen to Bob “go leafs go” Cole once again i,m going to crap myself..I know they had to listen to Dick Irvin all those years but it,s got to be even now….please get a non bias play man that can call the game the way it is !!When the habs scored short handed and the leafs finaly got the zone he said “they,ve been buzzing,and its just a matter of time”..(leafs didn,t even get a shot on net that p-play!!!!Even my wife -who know jack crap about hockey-  noticed how he couldn,t say anything good about the Habs without qualifying it to the leafs .Like when he “accidently” said Price was sharp tonight….he in same breathe had to also say  “But Gustavson is every bit as much too”   OH GOD >>I COULD GO ON & ON

******send him to Buffalo to live rest of his career with Harry “God i miss the Leafs” Neale

38. SeriousFan09 says:

Some projecting stats because I’m a numbers guy:

If Carey Price
    plays 70 games this season, he will have 44 wins, 14 shutouts and pass
    Georges Vezina, The Chicoutimi Cucumber (Very apt, considering Price’s
    demeanor this season) for career wins with MTL with 105 wins total and
    only 6 wins out from firmly claiming a place in the top 10. His 14
    shutouts would also have him 10th all-time for career shutouts tied with
    Michel “Bunny” Larocque.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

39. HabFanSince72 says:

Good coaching by Martin e.g. putting Gill against Kessel all night. Our star forwards have to start scoring though. Komi won’t always be there to set you up.

40. rocketsglare says:

Those are HHOF numbers!

41. careyprice says:

Dare I give you the stats for Price in his last 6 games?…5-1-0, 1.00 GAA, .970 SV%, 3 shutouts…Those are All-Star numbers folks.

42. andrewberkshire says:

Those are Hart Trophy numbers, forget all-star.

43. Say Ash says:

What trade? Traitor, yes.

44. framptunes says:

Can’t blame Komisarek too much.He missed so many games since the trade he probably thought he was still playing for Montreal.Glad he was traded though he was starting to make the same mistakes Breezby used to make so often.That play tonight was a great example.

45. lavie says:
    NHL Website “made” a mistake:
    MTL PPG –

Michael Cammalleri
    (6)

Wrist Shot –

Assists: none

It should have been: MTL PPG –

Michael Cammalleri
    (6)

Wrist Shot –

Assists: Komisarek

46. MTLForever says:

he forgot that he didn’t play for the better team anymore ;)

47. otter649 says:

That pass to #13 is one of the better passes I’ve seen Komisarek make in his career………lol

48. nastyHABit says:

kudos to price,but i gotta give credit to the monster who was solid as well….he got beat by a nasty tip and a nastier set up……FRIENDLY FIRE……SWEET PASS MIKE…..LOL

49. habstrinifan says:

4 Shutouts! WOW! He could end up with 15 to 16.

Mr Price so far is playing like a first round pick.

And what a team the habs are showing themselves to be this season.

50. SeriousFan09 says:

If You’d like to see the Habs/Leafs montage from the start of HNIC, you can find it here.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

51. naweed235 says:

hey i dont know if anyone has mentionned this here before but as most of you already know there is a reallity TV show that follows each habs player for a day and is offered only to Bell clients… i for one am not with Bell but would still love to see them… is there anybody who has bell and can upload them on youtube or something for us all to see?

thanks

52. lavie says:

Especially lose to a Western team. :)