Postcard III from Camp

GetAttachment.aspx

What an upset!

Team C wins 4-2

•  •  •

Max-Pac with a knuckler from the point.

•  •  •

Hat Trick: Gabriel Dumont!

•  •  •

Nathan Beaulieu scores and get a congratulatory face-wash from P.K.

He’ll be taught the low-five when he makes the NHL.

•  •  •

Patrick V. Hickey‘s fearless predictions on cuts, which will come late this afternoon:

Robin Gusse, Olivier Dame-Malka, Tony Dehart, Jordon Southorn, maybe Ben Winnet (although he scored again today) and Etienne Brodeur on the bubble.

•  •  •

Mayer vs. Delmas

•  •  •

1-1 at the half

•  •  •

Good camp: Raphael Diaz

•  •  •

P.K. lays a good lick on Ian Schultz.

•  •  •

Gallagher playing with Engqvist and AK46.

Gee, the kid is a wizard in the o-zone.

Could use some of those, eh?

•  •  •

GOAL!

Ben “Scoring Machine” Winnet, from Philippe Lefebvre.

GOAL:!

Gabriel Dumont.

And P.K. is in the game.

Greetings from Brossard, where the parking lot isn’t quite as full as it was during the weekend.

Today’s scrimmage is Team B (Budaj, Gorges, Spacek, Gionta, Max-Pac … Gomez if he’s ready) vs. Team C (goalies you never heard of, defencemen you never heard of because Subban won’t scrimmage, Darche, DD, AK46, Moen, White).

(Photo of Brendan Gallagher by John Mahoney of The Gazette)

Dave Stubbs will shoot some practice video from rinkside.

Player video will be posted this afternoon.

We’d get the video up sooner, but there are issues in posting to YouTube from a building that bears the name “Bell”.

•  •  •

Nice tempo in the scrimmage.

Up and down.

No scoring … JM must love it.

1. punkster says:

Anybody want a ticket to the game tomorrow night?
    White, sec 310, row EE
    Face value $77

***Subbang Baby!!!***

2. HabsChris says:

I actually played against Gallagher when I was in novice. I know you can’t tell much from that long ago, but even back then he was well known. He carried many teams to many championships and had pretty sick hands at 11 years old. Was pretty excited when I saw montreal had drafted him and how well he has been doing to date.

• Stev.R says:

I played against Luke Schenn. He was brutal then too. Honestly, when he got selected in the first round of the bantam draft, 10 guys all huddled around a computer in the school library said “Him?”. None of had any idea how he made it to the WHL

3. AK_PK_Usay says:

Our D corps in the near future, 2-3 years:
    PK
    Gorges
    Webber
    Emelin
    Beaulieu
    Tinordi
    Markov (if 2 years, but he might retire after this contract so who knows)
    Got to say that looks like a solid defensive unit…

4. savethepuck says:

I don’t consider Team C winning an upset. As I stated yesterday, that team probably has 7 of our starting 13 forwards. Team B only has Gio and MaxP from our starting lineup with Gomer injured.

5. thorandresson says:

What’s up with Schultz being the target of most of the big hits, it was Emelin on Saturday and today PK, is he a big slow target?

Curious how much longer until Buffalo starts to either trade players or put some players on LTIR in order to get under the cap. Washington can probably wiggle through the capspace using injuries. Sounds like Tom Poti won’t be playing for a long time.

7. HABZ24 says:

cant wait to watch game tomm night on rds !!

GO HABS GO

8. SmartDog says:

When Gallagher was drafted I said this kid will not only make it – he’ll become an important player. So far so good!

if there’s a way to go back in the HIO records.. it’s there.
    I’m also predicting Pouliot to have a great season.
    ————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

You had me up and until you had to bring Benny back in the conversation.

• Bripro says:

Where did you see Gallagher play to make such a “bold” statement, SD?
      As for Pouliot, he’ll wake up at some point, then fall back to sleep, then wake up again…etc.

• Un Canadien errant says:

SmartDog, you’re a day late and a buck short. Trinifan and I were fighting over Brendan Gallagher on another thread yesterday. I won.

———————————
      How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?

• christophor says:

This’ll peeve some people off but I’m still a little sour about Pouliot being gone. He had plenty of chances but he’s a good 3rd liner at his worst. The way the world works is you give big, skilled, underachieving guys an unfair surplus of time to live up to their potential, especially when they’re cheap. Sorry not-big-and-skilled but underachieving guys.

Imagine AK-Eller/DD- Pouliot.
      Or, heck, could’ve had 4 good lines: AK-Eller-Darche, Pouliot-DD-White. Two first lines, two third lines. Minutes distributed something as follows: 19, 16, 13, 12. AOK.

Dreams.

• Habitoban says:

I’m gonna miss Benny and my sitting waiting for his break out game to finally arrive. Seems he spent the off season training and bulking up — was up to 2009, but by the time camp arrived was down to 2005.
        He’s gettinfg results so far:

“While Saturday’s training camp sessions focused more on the defensive end and tightening gaps, Sunday’s two sessions at TD Garden were heavy on the transition game, with a slew of rush drills that led to nifty goals against Tim Thomas by Daniel Paille (top corner, near post), Patrice Bergeron (five-hole), Benoit Pouliot (short side) and Tyler Seguin (near post).” ESPN Bruins Report

• G-Man says:

Poupou will stink out Boston Gawden! He will trip over himself on opening night and cut his arm with his skate.
      Gallagher will take a couple seasons to get there and will be a good one.

9. bleedhabs81 says:

Stats guys, I need your help. Where is the best place to get hockey stats from?

I am looking for a table which lists all players and includes all major point categories, as well as, hits, faceoffs, and blocks. If possible I would like it listed in all one table that I can export (or copy and paste into excel).

My buddy is putting together a fantasy league where all stats listed above are equal in points… so I want to run a comparison of all these stats to see who is the favorite from the past few years.

• Cardiac says:

I’ve heard nhl.com is a pretty good site for statistics.

- Jerry Maguire

• olegpetrov says:

NHL.com is the best place i’ve seen for stats. You can get hits, faceoffs, blocks and other stats and narrow it down by team or league. just watch out though cuz it can deceive you when you see a player who has only played 10 games but has a 75% faceoff percentage…

Habs fan…Nuff said

• Jordio-oh says:

nhl.com is very good, but you can get those stats from Yahoo (except for face-offs) and I find Yahoo an easier system to read and use.

As for the full table that will let you “see who is the favorite from the past few years”, you’ll have to do all that work on your own, depending on how in-depth you want to do. That’s the whole fun of hockey pools. Doing all the dirty work yourself and achieving the best results. I’ve been putting together my excel sheet for weeks in order to find out which players combine the best combination of goals, assists, hits, blocked shots, pims etc etc.

• bleedhabs81 says:

Thanks. I was going to do the analysis myself. I just need the data to do it.

Unfortunately, NHL.com only has FO% and not total faceoffs won. I guess I can always make an assumption based on an average number of face off draws… but there are plenty of guys who only take a handle full of draws a year and have reasonable FO%.

I see they have an additional section for FO’s which break it down. I can just copy and paste and sort the lists. It is a bit more work than I wanted.

10. Bripro says:

I see RDS is televising the game tomorrow night.
    Are they covering all the exhibition games?
    Truly for the die-hards.

11. C_exacte says:

Stars vs Canadiens tomorrow, c’est exacte!

12. scrowe21 says:

Glad to hear Maxpac got one.

13. shiram says:

Injury report as of now Scott Gomez (lower body), Lars Eller (shoulder), Ryan White (reason unknown) and Michaël Bournival (lower body)
    If you don’t grok it, drokk it!

14. Chorske says:

This wouldn’t happen in the Centre Videotron. Just sayin’.

15. RGM says:

I’d assume that after the first batch of cuts are done Teams A & B will be reeling in the guys from Team C. Have they made any decisions yet as to which squads are playing in the games?

———————–
    GO HABS GO! 2011-12 is our year!

16. HFX-HabFan says:

Subban is on the ice for Team C apparently.

17. DLN-CH4Life says:

Does team A play vs Dallas tomorrow?

-DLN

18. kempie says:

An hour with no comments? Doesn’t seem right.

19. Cardiac says:

I know it’s a little early, but I’m going to the Sabres game on Wednesday. Any ideas on how they will be doing the lineups for the exhibition games? Will it be Team A tomorrow, Team B Wednesday?

- Jerry Maguire