Post hoc, ergo propter hoc?

Any excuse to get some Latin into Habs Inside/Out.

It means “after this therefore because of this.”

It is the logical fallacy that chronology implies causation. Except in this case, not such a fallacy:

On Tuesday, Max Talbot called Alex Ovechkin a d-word.

On Wednesday, Washington acquired St. Louis enforcer D.J. King.

Worth noting: Caps general manager George McPhee was a tough hombre who had 257 PiM in 115 NHL games.

And other than his mouth, Max Talbot is not as big as Derek Boogaard.

Ah, the NHL.

Plus ca change …

* And speaking of guys who could throw ’em, remember John Kordic?

* Yvon Pedneault on Pierre Boivin and Richard Peddie

2v-wptM0iHw

1. kordic says:

R.I.P. I loved John, he loved the Habs, unfortunately he loved drugs more and that ended his life. My opinion!!! If Kordic does not get traded to T.O. he stays alive, he adored Montreal.

“The ghosts are gone. The Canadiens have two choices, try and win the cup or be French Canadian” – Ken Dryden

2. kordic says:

3. Thomas Le Fan says:

I suspect you have hit on something there, not that there’s anything wrong with that. In the same vein, Phoenix depends on Canadian vacationers and ex-pats for a lot of their support, as well.

4. Hammer says:

It’s all aploy to attract as many Franco-snowbirds to the rink as possible as no Tampa bay resident seems to be interested in watching the team.

5. ZepFan2 says:

Don’t ask me. Ask my buddy Bugs. lol

He’ll be the barometer on how much F word usage is allowed. As long as there’s no attacks, all should be fine, I think.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

6. Anonymous says:

It’s not about how much french you got, it’s about how crazy the french you got is. I.E Richard, Parent…..The best french players are the crazy ones, hands down.

7. mike g says:

Ahhhhhh Francophones!

Do us anglophones have to appologize if we use a french word on this site, the same way the francophones excuse themselves when they use english expressions or words when they speak french?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

8. ZepFan2 says:

Oh boy, you’ve used the F word.

Run for the hills.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

9. mike g says:

(this post reflects the general opinion of the hockey world, and their new hard-on’s for Tampa’s new GM)

OMG, Stevie Y!!!!

Tampa just signed ANOTHER francophone, this time it’s the defenseman Mathieu Roy to a 1-year deal.

OMG, Stevie is the best GM in hockey. He’s getting all these amazing francophones, Tampa will compete for the Cup next year, Guy Boucher, Julien Brisebois, more francophones, STEVIE Y!!!!, Guy Boucher, francophones, Guy Boucher, Guy Boucher, francophones, STEVIE Y!!!!, Jack Adams winner Guy Boucher, OMGG!!!!!

And what’s PG doing not signing anyone, how can you pass up on M. Roy?! Comon PG, how can you let Stevie sign all these guys and steal all our players/coaches?!?!

No matter how Mathieu Roy turns out, Stevie Y will still be the best GM in hockey. Watch out for Tampa everyone.

(man, what a looooong summer)

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

10. ed lopaz says:

from ESPN Sports

“Is a hold out imminent?”

“If the Montreal Canadiens and Carey Price remain at odds expect the boo birds to come out early and often”

“there is no urgency but nothing is imminent. A bad combo”

11. Thomas Le Fan says:

Good on Max. Besides being a great player, Oretchkin is a “douche” or at least (for our French speakers) usually looks like he needs one.

12. alestar says:

RE: Kordic

Cocaine is a hell of a drug…

XXIV…and counting