Plenty to smile about

Fromage!

The Canadiens take their team photo this morning, no doubt still stoked by winning that excellent game last night.

There was nothing cheesy about beating a fast-skating quality opponent in OT. The crowd at the Bell Centre and fans watching the Canadiens and Coyotes on TV were treated to April hockey in October.

It augurs well for November and beyond

Carey Price is solid, Tomas Plekanec is earning his $$$ and AK46 has two game-winning goals – matching his total last season.

Red Fisher on AK46

Pat Hickey’s game story

Quotes from the room

Markov almost ready

• François Gagnon on your first-place Canadiens

Tuesday Video Theatre

And how long will Josh Gorges have to star on the Canadiens D before Bauer learns how to spell his name? (Shout out to ddawwidd)

And another head shot, this time by LA captain Dustin Brown

7qBeA8v_dWA

1. fbkj says:

we traded for gomez :P

but you are right, 3rd that day

Just sayin’.

I agree the Blues are in a tough division but so are the Habs. The NE teams play each other pretty even.

Halak has played less games it’s true. His GAA and sv% stats are better than Price’s. Nevertheless both are playing great. The Habs had two young goaltenders and went with Price. Halak has his chance to be a number 1, with all the responsability and pressure that comes with it. So does Price. Both are rising to the challenge. I’ll admit I had more doubts short-term about Price but I am seriously glad and impressed with his play up to now.

Boucher is already turning Tampa Bay around and they look like they are for real. Weak on D a bit and goaltending but they do have fire-power, have Stamkos and Hedman, and are playing Boucher’s up-tempo game pretty well.

My point is that regardless, I hope Boucher and Halak success, it’s a sign that the Habs are great at attracting talent, logistics dictate that not everybody can be kept, without changing what was already an in place strategy at any rate. Martin I am begrugdingly starting to warm to. I do remember his Senator teams having a lot of offensive ability and we’ve already listed the players he’s had a hand in developing. So is AK the next Hossa? What about Pouliot?

Somebody said it earlier. Martin wanted to coach. No moving upstairs for him. I think now in Hamilton they’ll be playing a style more conducive to what JM is bringing on the big team. The players coming out of Boucher’s system were too explosive for JM.

This is a competitive sport is it not? For us Habs fans at least it makes for a great story line!!!

3. ZepFan2 says:

Actually I believe it was Gomez, Spacek, Gill, Cammy and then Gionta.

————————————————————————

“Analyst: And I will say things you already know, five seconds after you yell them at your television.”

4. ZepFan2 says:

Research is a wonderful thing…

“It’s in front that Gainey arguably made his biggest move
    of the day. Off of a 82-point (39 goals, 43 assists) career season,
    left-winger/center Mike Cammalleri was brought in from the Calgary
    Flames with a five-year, $30 million contract.

Finally, the Canadiens concluded their spending frenzy by signing free agent Brian Gionta to five-year, $25 million contract.”

————————————————————————

5. Xtrahabsfan says:

And as I said before Price would never of made it with Jaro showing him the way when Carey was falling apart….sharing tips, showing him professionalism,how to regain composure and most importantly …How not to fold in the third and how to pay more attention to the puck. After all Price had a lot of time last year too study Jaro,no? Let’s hope it sticks ……

6. mike g says:

Oh, sorry buddy…

I misunderstood this whole debate. I thaught you meant were gonna finish 1st in the East after all 82 games are played. That’s why I said were a top 6 team, because that’s where I see us finishing.

But yea, today were in 1st. Still too early to look at the standings, don’t you think?

I remember last year, the Rangers were 1st overall with a 7-1-1 record.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

7. adam76 says:

Naaaaa – had wife issues.

8. TomNickle says:

It’s because they typically have the rookie dinner on that road trip and they all end up drunk.

Playing on little sleep and hungover isn’t a good way to go into a road trip.

9. TomNickle says:

We are very close to what Detroit is in terms of quality drafting, maybe more similar to Buffalo.

The first round pick is rarely a homerun but the mid and late round picks are homeruns considering the value those picks present.

How good does Gallagher look right now?