Gomez denies ECHL report; Pacioretty scores in Swiss loss

practice-shot-candiac

Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-André Fleury watches the blur of activity in front of his net during a Friday noon-hour practice of Canadiens and a few other NHL players.
Stubbs photo

A number of the Canadiens as well as a few other NHLers took part in a few brisk drills at 2 Glaces in South Shore Candiac Friday noon-hour. Some raw video is below, a few clips spliced together.

In mid-afternoon, Habs centreman Scott Gomez was reported on the web to be contracted to play his lockout hockey with the Alaska Aces of the ECHL, where he suited up during the 2004-05 lockout. A news release on the Aces website vaguely suggested as much.

But shortly after 5 pm ET, while participating in a children’s sports event in Alaska, Gomez texted HIO’s Dave Stubbs to say there was “no truth to that at all,” and that he was grateful to be skating with the Aces as a means to stay fit. “One hundred percent I’m not playing here” during the lockout, he texted from his native state.

“Get it out there I’m not playing (w/ ECHL Alaska Aces) 100 percent,” another text read. “Just skating with my hometown team.”

The Hamilton Bulldogs, roughly 42 of them headed into their AHL training camp, were in Brossard undergoing medical tests and physicals in advance of their on-ice work, which begins Saturday in Sherbrooke.

And in Switzerland, Habs forward Max Pacioretty scored early in his first game with Swiss A League Ambri Piotta, at home vs. Fribourg, but his team lost 3-2.

Elsewhere in the Swiss League: Raphael Diaz had a two-assist night in a 5-2 EV Zug loss to league-leading Geneva-Servette, Yannick Weber assisting once in his team’s victory.

And in the Czech Republic, HC Kladno’s Tomas Plekanec and Tomas Kaberle each had an assist in a 3-1 win over Pirati Chomutov.

1. boing007 says:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ…

Richard R
    Price is an oyster. Unfortunately not all oysters produce pearls.

• nunacanadien says:

What Bettman and the owners should include into the collective bargaining process, and which should not be included in the CAP, is the ability of a third party, not affiliated with the NHL or the NHLPA to buy out stupid contracts like Scott Gomez’s contract…..imagine if there was a very wealthy fan who would love to see the habs dump Gomez…etc…or fans raising money to buy out a seagull like Gomez…..

Or even better, the Quebec Govt or the tv advertizers etc….

2. Looking for Gold coast kitchens? We exclusive accumulation in top wellborn Gold coast kitchens that junction unitedly to create the nonpareil fourpenny kitchen. Find the best Gold coast kitchens today

3. JohnBellyful says:

Lockout – Day 15

Sunday. Day of rest.
    Day 15 of NHL disinterest.
    If the league and the union are barely talking, why should I take the time to say anything? So I won’t.
    Besides, enthusiasm has begun to flag rather noticeably on HIO. You can only take so much CBA chatter. Hockey is now a non-contract sport and this site, sadly, is becoming known as Hockey Inside/(the lock)Out. Dreary stuff.
    I couldn’t even finish the limerick I started, so enfeebled I felt from the ennui. I kept drawing blanks:

There was a ________ _______ named ________
    Who tried ________ _________ __ ___________
    But he ________ ____ ______
    And ________ the _________
    And now he’s _______ ________ the __________.

‘Sigh’
    I don’t think I’ll ever get around to finishing it. Too bad. It was shaping up to be one for posterity.

[“Boss, do you really think he’s gonna fall for it?”
    “Shhhhh. Watch and learn. According to my Calculations, that limerick will be finished before the end of day.”]

• Morenz7 says:

I’m ashamed to say I logged on this morning to see if this were here. Which is to say, I’ve proven what you say about HIO.

Won’t touch that limerick, though. I’ve got standards.

• JohnBellyful says:

One thing I’ve found in setting in low standards for myself, they’re easy to meet. Saves a lot of stress.
        And don’t be ashamed about reading my posts, I’m not ashamed when I’m writing them. (After they appear, different story :))

• Cal says:

There was a short bugger named Bettman,
      who tried to get all he could get, man.
      But he tangled with Fehr
      and the negotiations went queer
      and now he’s sure he’s paid off the debt, man.

4. Hobie Hansen says:

I’ve been wondering lately if there was any possible way to catch all the Hamilton Bulldogs’ games. I thought that I’d have to hope for a couple to be televised on Sportsnet, TSN or maybe CBC, due to the lockout.

But if you go to the Bulldogs page there’s a link to where you can order and steam all of the Bulldogs games. It’s a bit pricey ($150.00) and I’m not sure if it’s in HD but I’m considering getting it.

If NHL hockey resumes, the Canadiens will be considered lucky to even qualify for the playoffs and most agree that we’ll have to wait for the youth to develop before we start seeing any real improvement. So I think watching Beaulieu, Tinordi, Gallagher, Leblanc, Bournaval and several more, would probably be more interesting than watching Habs this year.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/ <— link to order Bulldogs games

5. JohnBellyful says:

Fightin’ words from today’s column by Mike Strobel of the Toronto Sun:

TORONTO – The latest Jimmy Hoffa story reminded me of his driver, Marvin “The Weasel” Elkind.

Unless you’ve been dead like Jimmy, or you’re a Habs fan, you know the cops dug up a Detroit area driveway looking for the murdered Teamsters boss.

Not likely it’s him…

I’ll spare you the rest.

6. commandant says:

Max Vasilyev looks at the NHL lockout talks this weekend to see if there is any reason for fan optimism.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Bripro says:

“can you really call owners responsible, mature, and reasonable individuals? I cannot.”

I wasn’t sure which way he was going until he stated what’s been pretty obvious from the get go.
      I just have to look at the contracts handed by the Wild and the Flyers offer sheet, and it’s painfully clear to me that the owners act like spoiled children, doing what they want to get what they want, and are willing to rebel (tantrum notwithstanding) for as long as necessary to get it.
      We all know as fans that we’re the losers in this.
      And it’s not like they give a rat’s behind!
      I hope I’m wrong, but I believe it’s going to be a long winter of discontent.

*********************************************
      “I’m here to tell you: Gary Bettman hasn’t felt this alive since he killed Harry Potter’s parents.”

Thankfully the players and their agents refuse ridiculous contracts and never ask for such terms, especially given they are still trying to recover from those terrible rollbacks 7 years ago. Hopefully one day soon these players will be recognized for their willingness to play for next to nothing under terrible conditions. I have no pony in this race but to believe the players are actually willing to negotiate or “care” about the game is quite naive also.

Just doesn’t seem like either side is willing to negotiate.

7. rhino514 says:

Two questions:

Who the heck is going to be the second top six left winger if the there is a season? Bourque (who I think is a natural right winger anyway, great, another guy playing out of position), is out till at least Novermber
    The organization is loaded with right wingers; there are too many of them in Hamilton for the four available spots; but there no left wingers anywhere.

Second, does anyone find it the least bit worrisome that if and when the lockout ends, Subban will still be unsigned and the team will have to begin playing pretty much right away?

• DMAN says:

According to an article I read, Therrien intends to use Prust on the second line. I am guessing Moen and Prust both see some time. I also seen somewhere else that Eller was a possibility at LW.
      As far as Doughty goes ….oops I mean Subban…..well my point exactly. I just hope he doesn’t think he is getting Doughty dollars.

• joeybarrie says:

Its doubtful that it will be that easy to get everyone back to their teams as quickly as what you think. Players are all over Europe and North America.
      Once they decide there will be a season, we will have plenty of time to sign PK.
      I would be surprised if there wasnt already a contract offer waiting for the go ahead once they decide to let the players play.

8. DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

I was watching the Als play the Ti-Cats last night and when it became evident the Als had nothing to offer(sometime right before halftime), I plunked in the dvd of the Good Friday massacre, Habs -Nordiques 1984. Things I thunk of:
    -Guy Lafleur could play some inspired hockey, but things were not in sync anymore. It was sad, mad flurries of motions..hands feet hair a-goin and then to lose it on a bad pass or a poke check; I still hate the Nordiques of that era..Sleigher, Hunter, Paiement, Moller…yuck; I alway underrated both Craig Ludwig and Bobby Smith; I wish we had kept Chelios; STEEVE PENNEY!; I always like Mike McPhee and I was right to do it; Robinson should be knighted, all gangly 6’27” of him, worked his butt off in that game especially in the 3rd after we lost Hamel; Jean Chabot looked like he won a miilion dollars when he scored in the 3rd; Steve Shutt..STEVE frickin SHUTT!; and poor Bouchard, the Nord. goalie, had nothin in the third; Bob Cole is awful, and Don Cherry is/was/and will always be a dick. HNIC has been disrespecting Habs fans since Dick and Danny left and I am right to not watch it. (Dick was there, but he was outnumbered, Danny was sick in that telecast.)

• Psycho29 says:

And what a game that was. I was at work that afternoon, and my Dad called me, he had two tickets but couldn’t go, do I want them.
      So I brought my buddy from work. we were in the whites between the red and blue line.
      We couldn’t believe what we saw….it was surreal. And then they came out to start the next period, and it boiled over again!!!

• DadidolizedDougHarvey says:

The crowd must have been soo loud, so volatile. The sound on the broadcast was a mess. There was one point when I heard the crowd chanting “niaseaux” when Bergeron was complaining to the refs, and having been at a Habs Nords game where that chant was deafening, I knew they had mixed the crowd down in the broadcast. You were a lucky man! (assuming you are a man). Did you, in the crowd, have a sense how badly Hamel was hurt, and how it fueled what happened at the beginning of the 3rd?

9. JF says:

RDS reports that the NHL and the PA are discussing problems related to HRR. Does this mean that they will actually get down to talking about the core economic issue? We can only hope….

10. naweed235 says:

is it gameday yet?

11. savethepuck says:

Katz apologizes to Oilers fans

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

12. savethepuck says:

Less than 120 hits on this site in the last 21 hours, that seems really low to me. I think the frustration with this Lockout BS is starting to reflect on the visitors to the site. I applaud the staff here with doing their best to keep us informed, but I think the longer this labor dispute goes on, the less chatting will be done on here.
    We really need some positive news regarding negotiations.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
    Carey Price

13. DorvalTony says:

Technically that’s true because he doesn’t play when he’s in a Habs uniform either.

14. SmartDog says:

An upate on Scott Gomez.
    While most of the rest of our team is either wasting their time in Europe or are working out in Montreal, Gomez has been doing a lot of important fundraising work in Alaska. The Alaska state hospital lost it’s clown and Gomez has stepped in. Word has it he put on 10 pounds of “jolly fat” over the summer so he’s in great shape as he always is at training camp time.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

15. frontenac1 says:

@Commandant. That lad (Kujawinski) you said to keep an eye on picked up three assists for the Fronts in their win over Erie Otters last night. Billy Jenkins got a hat trick also. Hey Ian, Fronts are now 2 and 0! I know, I know its early ………but what the hell, Go Fronts Go!

16. commandant says:

1st goal of the season for Alex Galchenyuk last night.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

17. Favorite Son says:

Hey Stubbs, was there anyone else at practice besides Carey Price? That’s all you filmed the entire time lol

18. geo_habsgo says:

Just purchased some tickets to the Bulldogs game Nov 9th at the Bell Centre for me and my dad. Anyone else pick up some tickets?

I went all out and went for a pair of the 70$ tickets just for the novelty of getting to sit behind the class for once in my life.

My seats are in section 116, row AA and seats 1-2.

Pretty pumped about this game. Don’t think for a second that it won’t be entertaining because it is not NHL. There is a lot of high level play in the AHL.

So where are you all sitting?

19. HabFab says:

An update on how the Hab prospects are doing and also those other guys;

20. Habfan10912 says:

Good news for Ranger fans. Nash injury to shoulder reported to be just a contusion.

———————————–

21. Stormin says:

Ok I believe it is time for Gary Buttman and Donald Fehr to walk into a Rowland Office, Steve Shutt and Corey Locke the door behind them and pay the Carey Price and start negotiating Bill Daly until this Corey Locke out is resolved… I don’t care Howe Orr what they do,,, drink Paul Coffey until they Nail Yakupov all over each other , Just get this Corey Locke out resolved..,, Stop trying to Rob Ramage there proposals through the media, and try and Pat Stapleton some agreement together that they can not Darren Puppa all over. If this gets done we can all have a few Geoffrey Molson’s maybe party with our own Pamela Anderson or Glenn Anderson, I don’t judge, and fire off some celebratory Alexander Semin and make a big Mark Messier all over Pamela..

22. JohnBellyful says:

This system drives me nuts.

23. I posted 2 great video’s today…one on Scott Gomez (could be very offensive if you are a Gomez fan!) and one Canadiens 2012-2013 anthem song…the anthem song is really fantastic…

They are both on the left side of my page if you are interested.
    Telio
    The greatest Canadiens and NHL news-site: http://teliopost.com/
    Twitter: @teliopost

24. Habfan10912 says:

Hickey reports that Morgan Ellis misses start of training camp. Day to day. Lower body injury.

———————————–

25. shiram says:

The Bulldogs at the Bell Center tickets are on sale now, pretty cheap to get some good seats.

26. Phil C says:

Yakupov gets to play in the KHL. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406355

I wonder how much the KHL paid off Hockey Canada and Sarnia to get this “ruling”?

When Yakupov came to the play Junior, he lived with the Galchenyuks. You have to think he benefited greatly from being around Alex Sr. Now he will be in Russia on his own making big money. That has to make Oiler execs a little nervous.

27. commandant says:

A look at the WHL’s Central Division. This is a division loaded with stars. The best team (IMO) in the CHL is here. Two Top 10 picks from the 2012 NHL Draft. Two more players who I’ve got as top 10 picks in 2013. And the potential first overall pick in 2014.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

Nothing much to report except Belleville Bulls Lost to Brampton Battalion 1-0.

Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments

• Habfan10912 says:

I did see Bozon, Vail and Gally scored goals yesterday.
      On a more serious note not only is pro hockey locked out, I see on the news this morning that there is a bacon shortage. My gosh how much more can we take?

———————————–

No offense to my American brothers/sisters on this site, but really hoping Europe can make a comeback this morning at the Ryder Cup.

Love watching the Ryder Cup, great to see the golf played with passion and loud crowds.

30. JohnBellyful says:

Lockout — Day 14

Stayed up last night to watch a western, “Lockout at the OK Corral”. Haven’t seen it in seven years but it never gets old.
    You remember how it goes: A bunch of cattle, tired of being treated like meat, pay a hired gun to stand up to the ranchers and make known their demands. Shorter drives, better grub, longer pee breaks, stick-on brands, and some R & R when they reach Abilene.
    The gunslinger, Kid Fehry – “Pronounced Fury. Say it any other way, pardner, and you’ll get a bellyful of lead” – doesn’t know much about the cattle business – “What’s the difference between a steer and a bull again? One’s a rookie that wouldn’t shut up? Okay.” – but the longhorns teach him the ropings and the tinhorn proves a quick study.
    Finally, he’s ready to lead the cattle against the ranchers and their Notorious Henchman Leader, the man in black known as Commish.
    Kid Fehry – “It’s pronounced Fury, how many ^%$^$#$ times do I have to tell you?!!” – and his beefy pals show up at Tombstone ready to do battle.
    They get to the corral and there’s a sign that reads Lockout :).
    Some of the herd decide to find their own cattle drive and head out for Kansas and Missouri (pronounced Missura) but most stay behind to see this thing through.
    This is where it gets really exciting.
    Kid Fehry – “That’s better!” – decides it’s time for a showdown with Commish and sends word he’ll meet him in the street at 12 o’clock sharp. High noon.
    Proving they’re not chicken, KF and C show up at the appointed hour, facing each other 40 feet apart, then 30, 20, 10, 5,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,5. They stop and whirl around.
    Their right hands flash to their right hips and the lightning speed of Kid Fehry becomes the stuff of legend, as he whips out his pocket watch by the fob, beating Commish by a split second.
    Which he could tell cuz he had a watch gripped in his hand.
    Kid Fehry pulls the watch stem and begins setting a date on the Swiss-made frontier day timer.
    Through clenched teeth, chapped lips and a weather-beaten toothpick, he growls: “Next Thursday, same time.”
    “Two months, 2:00”
    “One month, 1:30.”
    “Three weeks, 1:00.”
    “Two weeks, 12:30. Higher noon. Time’s a-wastin’. We’re done dealin’.”
    Kid Fehry tilts his head, squints, pulls out the toothpick, flips it around and slides it back into his mouth.
    Commish nods slowly, lips flaring, nostrils sneering, his eyes cowing the sun with their glare.
    The two men turn on their heels with the pointy round things and head back home, bowlegged but not bowed.
    I fell asleep at that point and didn’t see the last half-hour. But it’s a classic, so we all know how it ends.

[Use this pause to shake your fingers, wiggle your ears, stand up and stretch, jog on the spot for 30 seconds, bench press 240 pounds, and then return to the keyboard feeling refreshed.]

Oh yeah, the theme song for “Lockout at the OK Corral” was turned into a television series, one of my favourites. Bonus: It’s sung by the great Frankie Pure Laine (this is the English version)

Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’
    Rollin’, rollin’, rollin
    Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’
    Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’
    Raw deal!
    Ha!
    Ha!

We’re rollin’, rollin’, rollin’
    Our money streams are swollen
    Keep those doggies bawlin’: ‘Raw deal!’

Share and term and escrow
    We’ll get our way we all know
    Who cares how the little doggies feel.

They want us to palaver
    Yeah! Over our cadaver!
    We’ll talk when they sign the deal.

Hem ‘em in, lock ‘em out
    Lock ‘em out, hem ‘em in
    Hem ‘em in, lock ‘em out
    Raw deal!
    Cut ‘em out, rein ‘em in
    Rein ‘em in, cut ‘em out
    Cut ‘em out, rein ‘em in
    Raw deeeeeeeeeal!
    Ha!
    Ha!

Keep these talks slow moving
    Though they’re disapproving
    Keep those doggies mooing:
    Raw deal!

Don’t try to understand ‘em
    Brains and skill are not their tandem
    Who cares how the little doggies feel.

Our hearts are calculating
    We don’t mind all this waiting
    The waiting will get ourselves a deal.

Hem ‘em in, lock ‘em out
    Lock ‘em out, hem ‘em in
    Hem ‘em in, lock ‘em out
    Raw deal!
    Count ‘em out, rein ‘em in
    Rein ‘em in, count ‘em out
    Count ‘em out, rein ‘em in
    Raw deeeeeeeeeal!
    Ha!
    Raw deeeeeeeeeal!
    Ha!
    Raw deal!

— “A little song, a little dance, sarsaparilla down your pants.” –

And here I thought Louis Lamour was the best western novelist. Nice read there pardner.

However you inspired me to find the video of Dan Akroyd and Belushi sing Rawhide.

• Habfan10912 says:

Great job JB. Between you and Cal we probably have enough songs to produce HIO’s first alblum. I’m thinking it will go platinum. :)

Edit. Good mornin.
      ———————————–

• Cal says:

Knock ‘em dead brilliant, JB! Prose and a song- must be the weekend. :D
      In keeping with your Western Theme, here is
      Ghost lawyers in the Sky

A veteran ref went skatin’ out one dark and windy day
      All along Wall Street until he reached Toronna’s Bay.
      When all at once a mighty group of red-eyed men he saw
      Carryin’ their briefcases filled with contracts of business law.

The buildings behind them were on fire, even though they were made of glass and steel
      They had devil’s horns ‘pon their heads and their hot breath he could feel
      A bolt of fear went through him as they suddenly took to the sky
      For behind them he saw NHL players comin’ hard, and he heard their terrible cry

N-H-L! CBA-ay! Ghost lawyers in the sky

Their faces gaunt, their helmets gleamed their jerseys all soaked with sweat
      They’re skatin’ hard to catch those imps, but they ain’t caught ‘em yet’
      ‘Cause they’ve got to skate forever on that rink up in the sky
      Their blades of steel sparking fire, as they skate on, hear their cry

N-H-L! CBA-ay! Ghost lawyers in the sky

As the players glided by that ref, he heard one call his name
      “If you want to save your job from hell a skatin’ on our rink
      Then old ref change your ways, or with us you will skate
      In circles with those little imps led by that little dink,
      across these endless skies”

N-H-L! CBA-ay! Ghost lawyers in the sky
      Ghost lawyers in the sky
      Ghost lawyers in the sky

• JohnBellyful says:

Wouldn’t you know. The system lets the above comment through but not the first one. And then I couldn’t edit what’s appearing now because it’s ‘spam’.
        Critics, they’re everywhere.
        Edit: Unbelievable. Tried posting twice, couldn’t get it to appear. Write post saying I’m trying to respond and it appears. I then edit it to include original remarks and it’s rejected because it’s ‘spam.’ Write a reply to that and it appears at the very top.
        Repost here and my other comment has disappeared.
        I give up. System wins.

• Habfan10912 says:

Nice work Cal. When can we expect the release of the album?

———————————–

There you have it. Price shares this page’s link on his FaceBook page.

I think Price really likes being a Hab. Contrary to popular belief.

32. The Dude says:

G-love is no hockey player.

33. Bozo McBozo says:

Who cares?

34. Habfan10912 says:

Looks like they’ve reached agreement on the copay for a Dentist visit. Prescription Drug copays up next.

———————————–

35. Rozz says:

If any one is wondering what happened to the replacment NFL reff’s .. I found them and they are currently posing as the Alouettes starting defensive line and doing their typical bang up job of ruining the game. If any one knows where they are holding the real defensive line, you know the guys that play on the #1 team in the east, please help me get them back! this is painful to watch!

“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.”

Mark Twain.

John Bellyfull may have a different explanation that involves how good the Ti-cat Offensive Line is playing. Just an observation from a Bomber fan who no longer has a pony in the race for the Grey Cup.

• Rozz says:

You know, I am just being a typical fan here … but that being said, when you let the opposing quarter back run straight up the middle of the field with no coverage or being touched for almost a 1st down 3 times (each time led to a first down and in the end points for the ti-cats) all pretty much in the same quarter of the game you know your defense is not working right … but yes the ti-cats offense is really clicking at the same time which is just compounding the pain i feel watching this game…

Come on boys! Get your heads in the game!

Mark Twain.

• JF says:

It’s just one of those games where the Als’ defence is a mess. I’ve given up on it. Their defence was non-existent at the end of last season, horrendous at the start of this, has been generally much better lately, but is still suspect. Look at their point differential.

• Rozz says:

I hear ya… although it looks like they have tightened it up after the halftime break.. i’m just hoping that wonderful #13 pulls off some of his typical late game magic … come on Calvillo!!

Mark Twain.

• JohnBellyful says:

WooHoo! We’re back in the playoff hunt.
        Now if Burli’s Bombers can beat the Double Blue, it will be a blast.
        Go, Bombers, go.
        (See, Burl’, I can cheer for Winnipeg.)

• habsfan0 says:

When you hire a defensive co-ordinator whose record during his previous incarnation in the CFL was something like,oh,3-100, what results were you expecting?

36. commandant says:

Gomez practiced with the Alaska Aces of the ECHL.

He didn’t sign with the team cause they didn’t think he was good enough. :)

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Lizardking89 says:

Point, game and match well done :)

I know you were jesting Ben, but I did post a link to an article in an Alaskan newspaper a few days ago, in this report he says he wouldn’t play in ECHL and that his agent was talking to European Teams. I have my frustrations with Gomez, but think he gets more than his share of ribbing here. It is not his fault Sather gave him that contract, nor is it his fault Gainey took that contract on the Habs books. JM’s system did not fit his style, nor did Gomez adapt well to it.

But given he stated quite clearly a few days ago he wasn’t playing ECHL not sure I understand why this report was stated this way by Stubbs.

37. kempie says:

Quote of the day from TSN:

“It definitely maybe could’ve been a little better,” said Kadri of the disappointing body fat results

38. JayK-47 says:

When I read the headline, I assumed the Habs had assigned Gomez to the ECHL and Gomez was refusing to report setting the stage for a suspension and dismissal.

But, no.

sigh………………………………………………………………..

39. L Elle says:

The under 25s will say I’m old, even though I’m not ;) ,but what the hey, remembering The Kid Line

40. SmartDog says:

Gomez is more about protecting himself and his millions than he is about hockey. Ergo:
    A. If Gomez won’t put his VASTLY OVERPAID body on the line for the team that pays him millions, he won’t do it for his “hometown team”.
    B. Gomez won’t play ANYWHERE until the NHL starts. I’d put money on this. (And then hopefully he’ll either be a Bulldog or a Blue Jacket.)

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

41. JoeMuzz says:

Gomez wanted to play for Alaska ECHL team but he didn’t made the cut on his tryout…

42. Bill says:

Screw the NHL anyway. I’m at a Q game tonight, Wildcats vs Screaming Eagles, and it’s more than good enough for me.

43. danedmunds says:

they realized he won’t play for less than 100 grand a game. that contract sets a certain standard of living for the poor guy.

go habs go

44. mark-ID says:

Dave Stubbs via twitter saying that Scott Gomez has stated via text that there is no truth to him signing in the ECHL with Alaska.

45. Bripro says:

Update on the deserters (kidding):

Pleks another assist.
    Kaberle got his first point (1A)
    Diaz 2A
    Weber 1A

They’re lighting them up!

*********************************************

46. HabFab says:

A look at what Hab players did last lock out;

47. Bripro says:

Chateauguay is a busy place these days.
    Not only did my hometown host the first exhibition of NHLers in the Province, but Bruce Willis is back in town shooting another movie here, Red 2. Part of the movie “The whole Nine Yards” was shot at my very good friend’s estate back in 2000.

Here’s the latest on last night’s game.

*********************************************

• Habfan10912 says:

That must have been pretty cool for your town Bri. I wonder how Markov looked? Good luck tonight with your card game. :)

———————————–

• Bripro says:

I drove by the arena at 3:30 yesterday. The tickets went on sale at 5.
        Each rink holds between 1,200 – 1,500 (3 rinks), and there had to be 2,000 people outside.
        And since the league organizer and I used to direct together and had a falling out, I didn’t have an inside edge on getting tickets, and I certainly wasn’t gonna stand outside for nothing. Oh well, maybe next time.

As for tonight….yeah baby! Live from Chateauguay, it’s friday night!!!

And I’ll drink one to your health, my friend! Cheers!

*********************************************

• frontenac1 says:

Ha ! Hollywood East eh Bri! With no NHL , get busy doing some Papparazi at the Rustik?

48. New says:

I think it would be really classy if the Canadiens were to sign a working agreement with the ECHL’s Alaska Aces. That would save Scott a lot of wondering in the event talks with the NHL/NHLPA ever pick up.

49. Habfan10912 says:

Gosh. I am curious to know how the negotiation session is going today. I sure do hope they are able to work thru the complex issues surrounding the dental plan! Sigh.

———————————–

• Kooch7800 says:

My question is why the heck wasn’t these little things negotiated a long ago so they only had to work on the complex issues? It is almost bloody October

• commandant says:

Because this isn’t about “negotiating” a fair deal.

This is about the owners trying to break the union again, and the union trying to force the owners to accept something close to the status quo.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Propwash says:

Should be an easy negotiation…… Slapshot in the face = instant tooth extraction. Next item on the list…

_____________________________
      “Access Forbidden” gettin’ ya down?
      Hold down Shift while clicking refresh.

50. Bripro says:

So Max scored in his first game. 2-2 after 40 minutes.
    But the Ambri site won’t let me stream live, “from your country”.

*********************************************

51. shiram says:

A Merry bunch of complainers here today, I thought that was my job!
    And now for something for the hopefuls… During the last lockout, Gomez played for the Alaska Aces, he came back to the NHL for his best season ever, scoring 33 goals and 51 assists for 84 points in 82 games. Here’s hoping…

52. sreuel says:

Gee now I know everything that is going on. Must have reporters at every possible place

53. Scott Gomez signing in the ECHL is ‘plenty going on’?
    I’d hate to see what a slow news day looks like!

The greatest Canadiens and NHL news-site: http://teliopost.com/