Pleks questionable in Buffalo

Tomas Plekanec isn’t feeling well and he spent the morning resting in the team’s hotel in downtown Buffalo. Linemate Michael Cammalleri said he expected Plekanec to play tonight but the word from the team is that he is a game-time decision.

Andrei Kostitsyn will play on a line with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta. If Plekanec plays, he’ll have Cammalleri and Lars Eller on his wings. If Plekanec can’t go, look for Eller to move to the middle with Travis Moen at right wing. Eller stayed on the ice after the morning skate for some one-on-one tutoring from assistant coach Kirk Muller.  Carey Price will start in goal.

The Sabres will start Patrick Lalime, who is 17-8-3 against Montreal with a 2.46 goals-against average and three shutouts. Ryan Miller is out with a muscle strain and didn’t practice.

PRE-GAME AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Mike Cammalleri | Jeff Halpern | Lars Eller | Lindy Ruff | Derek Roy | Patrick Lalime

1. Propwash says:

Cool, figured how to post using my crackberry without making the site go kablooey

Hadta delete my sig before posting

2. Chuck says:

“… Truckin’, up to Buffalo…”

Centre Hice: Road trip!

3. The McJuice says:

Surely you’ve heard of Sid. He doesn’t play for the habs but he grew up watching them in Nova Scotia.

Burn the bandwagon.

4. bwoar says:

I’ll say it again, I sure wish we had Halak to fill in at centre tonight!

5. JF says:

RO4 should be RO21, but who is SC88?

6. The McJuice says:

Ahh, I see. The habs should get to work on SG12, BP58, JS7, RO4, and heck, SC88.

Burn the bandwagon.

7. The McJuice says:

Oops double post.

8. nastyHABit says:

BERGERON?……….what are you smokin”……send me some

9. rocketsglare says:

If Plekanec is out tonight and the way the team has been struggling to score, the team more than ever

is going to have to suck it up and play inspired hockey if it wants to beat a still piss poor Sabres team.

I will be watching how this team plays tonight and how they perform will tell much about our boys and

even about our coach. Here’s to a team win tonight.

10. shiram says:

he’s one number up from the guy we had playing with Cammy and Pleky.
    When we started having troubles last year with ak46, we started devellopping a replacement, better, faster, stronger and yet still not very good at speaking english!

11. nastyHABit says:

“well its 40 below,and i dont give a f–k,got a heater in my truck,and we’re off to BUFF-A-LO”

12. The McJuice says:

Because he’s horrifically injured?

Burn the bandwagon.

13. Habsrule1 says:

The Rocket is smarter than that.

Go Habs Go!! “Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

14. The McJuice says:

Who is this “AK47″?

Burn the bandwagon.

15. kirkiswork says:

Bergeron is a huge defensive liability who may score a couple of PP goals. Why do you think he hasn’t been picked up by anybody ?

16. Kooch7800 says:

I hope Plek’s feels better or this will be one low scoring BORING hockey game.  Who will set up the goals?

If Plecks doesn’t play put Eller at number one centre with Cammy.  Our offense can’t get any worse

17. habs365 says:

I don’t know what will happen tonight, all I can say is the players we let go this summer, their replacements other than Halpern isn’t doing any better.

The Rocket says…Moore and Bergeron would look good on the wings with Halpern for their center, not a bad line…

18. shiram says:

Thats a job for Ak47 and Mister Moen!

19. nastyHABit says:

can someone park their arse in front of the crease tonight…..im getting tired of hearing….”the habs were kept on the perimeter all night”……DRIVE TO THE FREAKIN NET ALREADY!

20. habsgod says:

we should place hal gill in front of the net on the pp

21. FB says:

“Tomas Plekanec isn’t feeling well and he spent the morning resting in the team’s hotel in downtown Buffalo”

Buffalo can do that to you. LOL

22. habs001 says:

lalime or miller no difference still a 2-1 game…all season last year we struggled scoring goals as we finished 23rd in scoring..we lost metro,moore,mab and sk74 for eller,boyd,halpern and pk while this is an upgrade these 4 will not score more goals combined than the four let go….we have to realize we have very limited scoring on this team…

23. Propwash says:

Little tech question. Does anybody know how to disable rich text while using a Blackberry? That option isn’t even available when I load the standard site through it.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

24. Propwash says:

All I wanna see is Gio and Gomez just stop going through the motions, and start producing.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

25. _Habsoloutly_ says:

There’s only one Gomez, unfortunately he makes enough to pay two players.   And for those who are gonna come reply to this saying “Well gee, It’s not his fault he makes so much”.   Get a clue people, salary cap NHL means fiscal responsibility.  The guy makes too much $ and his play sucks.

26. 123456 says:

some of us will recall a TV charactor who had a brother daryl and anther brother daryl. maybe the habs will try to confuse the sabres with all the gomezez

So how much does the second Gomez make?

28. avatar_58 says:

GOMEZ BACK PASSES TO GOMEZ….WHO BACK PASSES OUT OF THE ZONE

29. SmartDog says:

Andrei Kostitsyn will play on a line with Scott Gomez and Brian Gomez.

It’s a new thing. When you start to be really overpaid, they change your last name to Gomez.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

30. shiram says:

So what, should he ask for a salary reduction??

31. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Do you ever see that happening in the NHL?  I don’t, so I doubt it will happen.  It will all work itself out if he keeps playing the way he has earning 7.3 mill.  Did Redden ask for a salary reduction?  Did Souray?  I don’t care who gave him the contract, and I don’t care how nice a guy Gomez is.  It’s the NHL, as we see with Redden and Souray sometimes accepting the truck full of money at your door can be a bad career move.

32. shiram says:

After the contract, he won’t really need a carreer, and of course i wasnt being serious asking if he should take a salary reduction.

It was mostly trying to point out that, even though right now he is being paid alot, and he isnt producing points, the only thing that can really be done is to change the lines, and wait… maybe he will never again be as productive, what can we do?? no one will take his contract thats for sure.

But hopefully he’ll be back to his old ways soon.

33. 123456 says:

i do not believe the current CBA allows for a salary reduction nor a salary increase while in the duration of the contract – unless a player is boughtout. while in the last year of a contract all negotiations are for the next contract. additionally, you can not negotiate the next contract until you are in the last year of your current contract.

34. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

But a good financial move. Especially if your Souray and have a boatload of injury issues, if your carrer is already over you might as well have a truck full of money! Works for BGL.

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

35. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

I don’t think he was implying that it was possible.

36. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Yes good financial move, but career wise must be pretty hard for these guy’s to be earning millions and playing in the minors at this stage of their career.

37. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Beats the hell outta earning chicken shit and playing in the minors at this stage of their careers.

38. Thurston says:

“Andrei Kostitsyn will play on a line with Scott Gomez and Brian Gomez.”

I guess Scott Gomez’s invisibility so far this season has REALLY rubbed off on the captain. lol

39. The McJuice says:

Maybe we’ll see Eller play center for a whole game and get more then 11 minutes of ice time?

Burn the bandwagon.

40. SLONCOLD says:

nah he’ll get 2 minutes to get a few points and if that fails we’ll use darche at center :-)

41. avatar_58 says:

For f……..guess I won’t rush home tonight, not like a game is on

42. HabsoluteFan says:

WHAT ! Gauthier traded for another Gomez ?

43. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

If Eller can step and make an impact tonight Pleks not dressing could be a blessing in disguise.

44. mike g says:

Yup..

But the funny thing is, he’ll be playing with Cammy and Moen. And somehow, don’t ask me how, but JM will find a way to make Eller play 19 minutes and Moen will only play 11 on the 2nd line…

F’kin JM, he’s a magician.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

45. volcano62 says:

2 Gomez on the habs??????????????????????

46. shiram says:

Well i was interesting in seeing G-G-K, and Eller with Pleky and Cammy, but its even better for Eller to play center… That being said whatever hails Pleky has better be short lived!

Tonight will be an interesting expirment to watch.

47. SmartDog says:

Puck stripped from Gomez, battled back by Gomez who passes it to the feet of Gomez and out of the zone.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!