Playoff fever boosts HIO

What a difference a deep run makes!

In May, 2009 – with the Canadiens long out of the playoffs after one embarrassing round – Habs Inside/Out had 777,947 page views.

Last month, the views were up to 2,403,430 – even factoring in the server debacle that knocked us out for a few days after the Canadiens’ elimination.

That’s a whopping 209 per cent increase.

Patrick V. Hickey is spending his bonus money on a new old car.

David Stubbs has bid for Charlie Hodge’s jock on eBay.

I’m spending 90 per cent of mine on booze, loose women and recreational pharmaceuticals. The rest I’ll probably just waste (gag stolen from the great Tug McGraw).

Numbers are from Google Analytics, courtesy of Gazette marketing stats wizard David Klimek (he’s still single, ladies).

1. Xtrahabsfan says:

They would of won the first 3 games and then folded like the Bruins of Old!Bruins Suck Ass!

2. The Cat says:

Fairness has nothing to do with it. Other teams will likely give more value than I even mentioned.

3. Rush says:

Bruins rule what, historic Game 4-5-6-7 collapses – all in the same series?

: –     )

4. B says:

You have “played high level hockey for 18 years”? In another post this morning you wrote “I’m 22 years old”. You must be extremely exceptional to have started playing high level hockey when you were only 4 years old. :)

5. Boston Nissan says:

Boston Nissan

Bruins RULE!

We would have beaten the Habs in 7 too.

6. Boston Nissan says:

Boston Nissan

Bruins RULE!

We would have beaten the Habs in 7 too.

7. c.robillard says:

As much as I love Markov’s play, I just see him demanding a high-paying salary next year, and based on the modern track-record of the Canadiens, we may lose him to free agency for nothing

8. Mr. Biter says:

That would be a great move. Saves about $9,000,000.00 cap space and no one knows how AM will play when he returns and what he would want next year as a UFA.

9. c.robillard says:

Markov and the k bros for first pick might be a better deal for Edmonton. You heard it here.

10. W35T5ID3 says:

ummmm…no….oilers would get Halak,1st rounder from habs,and the tittyBro’s for the #1 overall pick.

11. halensmith01 says:

I think that the team that plays within itself is going to win this
    region. My confidence is in this team’s potential. Last season, the
    Patriots a ninth-seeded underdog reeled off four straight playoff wins
    to claim the regional championship, before falling in the 3A state
    semifinals to Fallston.

How To Get Pregnant

12. The Cat says:

And Edmonton would do that because the Ks have proven themselves to be such a sure asset? I think Edmonton might start to consider it if its Price, the Ks, Gorges, Moen, 1st rd pick 2010 and 1st rd pick 2011.

13. Ghosts of the Forum says:

I have to say, Kaberle is the only player on the Leafs that I respect somewhat.  A little at least.  Or that I don’t out and out despise.  That’s better.  Surely don’t want to stir the speculation pot or anything.  Markov and Kaberle on the PP would probably be crap anyway.  Wouldn’t they?

I have no idea what Burke wants for Kaberle, and if we have it or not.  Or if we even want him on the team.  But heck, this is a forum where the wildest speculation thrives right?

Hammer gone.  O’B, a blue-chip addition to a package that brings us a number one centre.

MAB—Prime-Minister, or a member of the Senate…that’s better.  Then he’ll have plenty of time to suit up for our PP unit.

14. Xtrahabsfan says:

Rumors that Edmonton will trade their first pick(Taylor Hall) …maybe Bugs is on to something:Price and the Kbro’s for Hall? JUSTDOIT!

15. andrewberkshire says:

You’ve got to be kidding Bugs. No.

16. dpthehabsfan says:

17. Caballero says:

Indeed, the real question is whether Tender would ever have blomossed into a 30 goal scorer here and the answer is a resounding no. Same with Andre K I think, and I am afraid Price may be added to that list as well. Sometimes players need that fresh start somewhere else.