Bob Gainey… "What, me worry?"
Marie-France Coallier, Gazette
Bob Gainey called it "pivotal." If the Canadiens coach had consulted thesaurus.com, he also could have called it "all-important, basic, binding, bottom-line, cardinal, chief, compelling, compulsory, crucial, de rigueur, decisive, elementary, exigent, expedient, fundamental, imperative, incumbent on, indispensable, mandatory, momentous, name of game, needed, needful, obligatory, paramount, prerequisite, pressing, prime, principal, quintessential, required, requisite, significant, specified, unavoidable, urgent, vital, wanted."
To cut to the chase: the Canadiens need to win tonight’s Game 3 if they hope to have any kind of even reasonable chance of rallying past the Boston Bruins in the teams’ Eastern Conference quarterfinal.
We’ll be at both clubs’ morning skates at the Bell Centre this morning. Watch this space for updates.
Some reading until then:
• Listen to the coach, Gainey pleads: Zurkowsky
• Discipline is the key to Habs chances: Stubbs
• Bruins puzzled by Lucic suspension: Hickey
• Boston marathon of different kind for Habs: Globe and Mail’s MacGregor
• Boston Globe Bruins section
• Boston Herald Bruins section