Picking up the pieces

Philly in the movies – Stubbs

Bleu blank rouge – Roy MacGregor

• Maybe the magic has evaporated – Damien Cox

Hot Flyers, anemic Habs – Brian Cazeneuve in SI

Coming up empty – Scott Burnside of ESPN

• Too late maybe, but Canadians jump on the bandwagon

And if you think the Canadiens are in trouble, consider the allegedly mighty San Jose Sharks

1. habbytown says:

I know the truth hurts, but fortunately I’m not a moron like you and I do speak the truth. sob sob sob(from you).

2. pic1983 says:

“What have any of the forwards done, aside from take dumb calls and not do what they’re supposed to do, which is set up and score goals?”

so true….Gomez’s early penalties in the last two games which negated our powerplays were soooo brutal.

3. pic1983 says:

“Our lack of discipline is astounding. Last night’s game actually saw the refs favoring the Habs. “

Totally agree! We got away with all the little calls, and even some of the more blatant ones.

One of the rare games in these playoffs where the refs actually gave us a break.  Maybe they should go back to screwing us, might light a fire under the team.

4. pic1983 says:

It seems that theres no confidence or swagger with this team anymore.  A HUGE problem that needs to be recitified if we are going to come back in this series.  I think JM has to reunite the big (little) guns early in the next game to try to generate some offense and get on the board first.  Match up Gio/Gomez/Cammy against philly’s worst D-pairing with last change.  Winning offensive zone faceoffs would also help our cause.

5. pic1983 says:

“There is only one answer. HALAK. He needs to play like he has been in the previous games. SIMPLE. Nothing else. Our guys need to finish and make it tougher for Leighton.”

I dont see why halak is even being questioned here.  The forwards havent scored even a single goal, and they havent shown the character and resiliency that they displayed against pittsburgh and washington.

Lets start with scoring a goal before we start saying halak needs to be better.  Was he soft on the late goal yesterday? Sure he was, but its not like the team was even pressing or even looked like they were going to tie it up.  We had 4(?) shots in the third last night? Not good enough.

6. joeybarrie says:

For me when the Broadcaster in doing the local commentating like on CJAD they should be in favor of the Home team. He is the voice for Habs fans. Like when P McGuire was here in Montreal. His feed isnt going to the radio in LA for the Kings……..

Now when they are doing Television on NBC, it is different. Its a National Broadcast and should be un-biased. But when your the commentator for RDS why not lean in the Canadiens favor, 99% of the viewers are Fans of the Habs.

However, national satellites like XM are changing this.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

7. boris420 says:

YOu are both typical habs fans…lol

8. joeybarrie says:

How many fans started wearing NORDIQUES jerseys??? I remember many many people jumping ship. Desperate to be invloved in a winning team so bad they went with the other Quebec team… Where did that get them. We jump SO EASILY and SO QUICKLY here in Montreal. From we will win the Cup to this team is a fluke… There is really very little support here. Very little individual LOYALTY. We really bash our own PRETTY QUICK.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. davecessna says:

I’d agree with you if Markov wasn’t injured. That, however, is not the case.

10. G-Man says:

Being dissed by Henri Richard is not an easy thing to live down in Montreal. Same goes for Claude Ruel.

11. kempie says:

And so it begins.

12. joeybarrie says:

I gotta go with G-Man below……Why in the world would you fire the coach that got you into the finals??? Especially with an injury plagued team.

Trading HERO HALAK makes no sense. But in my mind trading Price doesn’t either. They haven’t proven anything consistent yet.

I don’t understand how JM has screwed up SK Price and OB.  OB scored on himself….Since JM came in he has been getting better. But he is not there yet. it takes time, same with Price. SK SCREWED HIMSELF. He is simply a spoiled little child with no character and no desire to do what you have to in order to be successful. He wants to ride out the limited talent he has and hope it works out for him. Thats the difference between players like Crosby and Ovechkin. They are a product of their hockey experience. Where in Canada and the US we tend to make players work on their weakness’ in order to prepare them, in Russia they tend to rely on their strengths and focus the game around that.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

13. joeybarrie says:

Who said O’Byrne is the answer to Pronger, Giroux, and Gagne???

Gainey and JM know exactly what to do, so does everyone else…. The question is the players have to do it on the ice. If it was easy then it wouldn’t be the NHL.

Lets all try to remember that we are missing Markov. But in the end, we were not missing defense last night… We were missing OFFENSE. Halak should have had at least 2 of those goals, and beaing hot, probably could have had all 3.

Kirk Muller is where he should be, his special teams are doing well. The PK needs work right now. Its not about the Coaches right now, they can only prepare the team so much. I keep hearing OB for MAB… I understand it, BUT AGAIN, we are missing OFFENSE. Why would we put in THE LEAST PRODUCING PLAYER on our roster when we NEED OFFENSE. If OB had of played last night, we still would have 0 goals……………

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

14. punkster says:

A stunning damnation of your analytical abilities. Thanks for coming out. See you next season.

15. G-Man says:

“Even if the Habs beat out the Flyers and go all the way to the cup. 1. JM has to go. “

Wow, fire the coach that wins the Stanley Cup. Brilliant!

“i would trade Halak simply because i think the series against Phillie is showing that he is too small for today’s game.”

Wow, get rid of the goalie that got you to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

2nd Gigantic Homer DOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!

Maybe a rubik’s cube is something you have difficulty with but I’ve moved on from that childish little puzzle ages ago.

Did you witness the 1st two games of the series? Habs haven’t solved Leighton AND their defense. Keep on reading what you want. I know it must difficult to concentrate with your limited cognitive skills but there were more than four words to my sentence.

17. Clay4bc says:

“they are anot [sic] an NHL calibre team.”

Really. How, pray tell, are they in the final four? Did you wave your magic wand and make it so?

Of all the dumb things I have read here, your line may be the dumbest. Congratulations to you, sir! Although…I do agree with you about Gomez.

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Francois Laignelot

I know more about hockey than you could even imagine.

Well excuse me, the real fan has spoken.

Yes. I am going to put my tail between my legs and get out of here because of another of PrimeTime’s aka keepthefaith’s accounts. Get real.

Show me one post where I drag out a regular season stat. C’mon. I dare you. Chicken?

20. habsguy says:

try watching a game and you’ll see that if it weren’t for Gomez we wouldn’t EVER cross their blueline with control of the puck…..BTW this (as you call them) “pathetic excuse for a team”  just beat the best team in hockey (Wash) and last years cup winner….But someone like you who would have preferred to have them TANK the season wouldn’t understand that……………..Tank the season,  what kind of fan would want THEIR team to tank a game……and you call yourself a lafluer fan????

21. FSUPhi1584 says:

I agree with your evaluation of the D completely: Spacek needs more minutes, should play with Subban, and get some time ont the PP. After all, I think he’s had one on the only point shots that went in for a goal. I disagree with your evaluation of the offense, however.

All of our players have been really streaky even the “stars.” The only difference is that JM is patient with them and allows them to play on the top line until they get their scoring touch back. He is much less patient with the youngsters because their more prone to having lapses in their defensive game.

I think JM needs to give pouliot another shot on the Gomez-Gionta line. He’s been the only player that has produced on that line. The “Moen or Pyatt on the top line” experiment has failed all year; it won’t suddenly start working in the playoffs. Pyatt’s shooting percentage is worse than TtB’s (less than 5%). The Habs need to play their game, and stop letting Philly dictate how they play.

22. AZ_Hab_Fan says:

I remember in 93 going down 0-2 games to the Nords. We all know how that year ended.

23. Fansincebirth says:

I agree…makes the win that much sweeter!

24. Castor says:

25. nunacanadien says:

Its sad when O’Bryne is our only answer to Pronger, Giroux and Gagne and of course Briere.  We are not stopping any of these bastards who crash the net.  How can a defenseman like Pronger be allowed to skate all the way up to Halak’s blue line?  What gives with that?  When the Flyers can move up and own the zone.  That is not defense, that is not what JM was all about.  Maybe Gainey and JM don’t know what to do with the Flyers.  Maybe its time we let Kirk Muller drive the bus.

26. SLONCOLD says:

“What is he a rubiks cube all of a sudden?” awesome lol made me laugh pretty good on that one.

27. lenny says:

wow, looks like the bandwagon fans are falling fast…

28. Ron in Ottawa says:

It’s hard to critcize this team, since they have done so well in the playoffs, but i still believ some significant changes are needed for next year. Even if the Habs beat out the Flyers and go all the way to the cup.
    1. JM has to go. I give him some credit for the playoff run, but i think most of the credit has to go to Kurt Mueller. He’s the strategist who got Martin to think outside his normal box. This team has been buiolt for speed and finesse and JM is not that kind of coach. He also cannot manage younger players: this year he has made a mess out of O’Byrne, Sergie, and Price. Thank goodness that Max Pac was sent down to Hamilton and spared being part of JM’s mismanagement of young players. Remember, in Ottawa he refused to play Spezza in the playoffs. Once he was gone Spezza played and the team went right to the Cup finals.
    2. the Kostisen experiment must be ended. Neither seems able of willing to play up to the potential in Montreal. Package them and trade them away- far away.
    3. create some cap space by bundling in Hamerlik and one of the goalies. i would trade Halak simply because i think the series against Phillie is showing that he is too small for today’s game.As long as refs allow players to jam the goalie in the blue paint, smaller goalies like Halak are going to suffer. if we do decide to keep him but trade Price, them we need bigger more agile defense men who can clear the opposition out of the crease. Look at what Pronger is doing.

29. SLONCOLD says:

i just got sad because you made me think of my lost expos 🙁

30. CHsam says:

We need a consistent team to win this…. and looking back at this year I have to say that consistency has not been a strong point with guys like AK46, SK74, LARAQUE, LATS, POULIOT, LAPS, and my favorite- MAB.

Guys like Gio, Gomez, Cammy, Pleks just can’t keep picking it up for these guys all year round, and now its starting to show in the playoffs. MAybe we can still make something out of Pouliot, but the Kost brothers have been a failure of an experiment. Where’s Laraque now? Laps has returned somewhat but still…

I’m not going to get going on the D..thank god we have a bright talent in PK. Like many have said before, we should forget using MAB, put Spacek back on the left side, have PK run up the right. I dont think MAB’s water pistol shots are scaring anyone anymore. He’s the one who’s sh*t scared.

31. FSUPhi1584 says:

A few observations from last night:

• Cammy and PK are trying to do too much
    • Gionta is taking bad shots
    • Gomez seems to be rattled and hesitant to shoot
    • Moen has been ineffective on the first line. I believe he is too slow to play effectively with Gionta and Gomez.
    • That third goal sucked all the energy out of the team
  32. bigjames says:

we’ve moved from the k era to the g era. i loved kovy too but i love winning more!

33. Caballero says:

Clearly the Habs have a harder time with teams like Philly, Toronto and Boston and any team in the West. I wish someone would do something about that because you tend to face those teams on the way to a cup. Well maybe not Toronto.

34. deggy24 says:

The wierd thing about this series is that we’ve actually had one stretch in each game where we have dominated and created reasonable opportunities, I think 11-2 shots over a span in the first game, and something like 13-2 in the second. The Flyers are capitalizing on mistakes and opportunities, either shooting over the shoulder of Halak, or in the pads for rebounds. We can clearly beat these guys. Hoping the pucks start crossing their goalline early and often.

I’m impressed with overall play of the Flyers in terms of skating and shooting. And our rope a dope, leave too much gap defense isn’t helping. Not playing OB is idiotic, and playing -11 MAB moronic. I’m sure the club’s morale would be low having a coach that boneheaded. And don’t tell me he is a great coach when the only way we won was on unbelievable goaltending

Gill and Gorges appear hurt, and have been mediocre. Of course PK had a disaster first game, but played well last night.

35. bigjames says:

agree HH. although disappointed by our showing in philly (how could you not be!) there were some positive things. having said that, i was stunned by the third goal last night. jaro was napping IMHO. a lot of people crapped on benny with just cause. but ironically i thought he had his least bad outing in game one. i would put him back on thursday and see if he is hungrier.

i am also in the camp that thinks that leits did not make any ‘incredible’ saves. i just don’t think we got many (if any) incredible chances. that has to change. philly is much more aggressive in their zone than was or pits and we need to figure that out. long odds to win this but not impossible. GO HABS GO!

36. jimmy shaker says:

Please don’t hurt yourself falling of the bus or the bandwagon!  WOW!  You weren’t spewing this frustrated lead rant a week ago!  Relax.  Philly is doing the job and we need to come back and win our home ice!

37. HNS says:

We win on thursday and then the series is 2-1. Relax everyone. Habs in 7. We’ll spot them 2. No big deal.

38. habbytown says:

what I want to know is how to get rid of Gomez and his contract????

can he be bought out? put in the minors? we know he can’t be traded because nobody could possibly be as stupid as Gainey, or can they?  aside  from PG, no nobody else.

GOMEZ MUST GO! or else we have no cap swpace to offer a big contract to Kovalchuk.

and Plekanec, needs to go also. I don’t care if we have an entire AHL team, I don’t want the K bros, MAB, Hamrlik, Gomez, Plekanec, Darche, Metro, Lapierre, Price, Pouliot!!! no no no! they all need to leave.

I would have preferred for this team to tank, get a good draft pick. they are anot an NHL calibre team.

they simply overachieved like 2008, that’s all. but this is definitely the real habs now, just like the regular season. can’t score now, and was dead last 5 on 5 in the regular season.

and their PP stinks. if you have to rely on 1 player for your team to score, you’re in trouble. Markov is not the answer. coaching, unwilingness to go to the net.

THEY NEED TO LEARN TO COMPLETE A PASS !!!!!!  what a pathetic excuse for a team.

39. SLONCOLD says:

I’m not a fan of Bob Cole (i know he’s called some great games back in the day ). But everyone here complains when we get  bias commentators on CBC. You should listen to the XM/sirius feed if you have a chance. The team from philly actually does a very good job calling the game. It’s alright to get excited when calling a goal but commentators should call good plays on either side with just about the same amount of energy. just my opnion on it…

40. lenny says:

I believe Dave Van Horn and Ken Singleton got pretty excited whe nos amours would knock in a couple of runs!

41. nickster13 says:

agree on all counts

Halak can play super-human. It wont make a difference if the rest of team can’t solve Leighton and Philly’s defensive posture.

I can’t believe anyone would even think that any of this is Halak’s fault.

OK. So let me get this straight. After two losses where the Habs haven’t scored 1 goal you’re accusing those who doubt as not being real fans?

Are you the same person who posts as keepthefaith and PrimeTime?

44. SLONCOLD says:

I hear what you are saying. and you’re right that halak had some serious help from his defense in the other series in regards to clearing rebounds. I have to say though, Leighton has been waived how many times in his career? He’s not a good goalie….

Habs have to build plays where the trailing forward antisipates where the rebound might go and then fight to get to that area

MEMO: The regular season doesn’t matter. The Habs sucked last two games, the Flyers didn’t. Which part of that concept can’t you wrap your mind around?

46. ed lopaz says:

Habs hockey = Smart hockey we work as a team, and we win as a team. we play 5 man defence – not just 2.

They guys on CJAD do an excellent job – and Murray Wilson in particular is a pleasure to listen to.

what is so awful about a broadcaster who is cheering for the Habs?????

would you rather have Bob Cole – who, after the Flyers took a too many men on the ice penalty said…

“Canadiens are having enough trouble handling 5 Flyers, they don’t need to face 6 of them”.

And this was immediately after we had just DOMINATED the ice in the first period for about 10 minutes straight.

I’ll take my Pro Habs broadcast any day.

I feel “connected” to fellow Habs fans when I hear Murray Wilson cheer!~!!!!

47. Psycho29 says:

No team in NHL history ever shut out another team in the first 2 games and scored 9 goals or more themselves as they did it. Until the “great” Leighton the last 2 games and his team.

Actually in the 1969 quarterfinals the Bruins beat the Leafs in the first two games 10-0 and 7-0

48. alestar says:

MAB isn’t taking any shots…its his only talent…if he’s not going to shoot, I’d rather have O’Byrne’s size and at least the possibility of some defensive play.

XXIV…and counting

49. SLONCOLD says:

i think jaro has been our best player and also has to be our best player. cammy has been awesome as well, by far our most dangerous snipper.

also about the bad penalties, lack of scorring defensive mistakes, those all get covered up when your goalie plays out his mind and are completely forgotten when u win games 2-1, 3-2.

can’t win if you can’t score though. i guess one positive thing is we haven’t wasted a great goaltending performance in this series yet…. it would suck so much more to lose 1-0 or 2-0 in back to back games. habs know whatever they are doing ain’t working so maybe they’ll come up with something to get around pronger and who i think is playing super well timonen

50. idle says:

” His positioning has been off and their have been huge rebounds and he
    looks lost and surprised half the time he makes a save… Key to beating
    goalies is gettign the puck up, score on second chances and get the
    goalie moving side to side. we’re not doing any of that, so leighton
    gets gets to look like he belongs in the nhl…”

A bit of sour grapes maybe?  Leighton has 2 straight shutouts, has made 58 saves and is the goalie for the team that has a 2-0 series lead.  Don’t you think he deserves some credit?  Kind of reminds me of when Halak was playing so well in the Washington and Pittsburg series and non Habs fans were saying they were all easy shots and he was letting out big rebouds and he was lucky.

It’s a MAB MAB world.

51. Mike Boone says:

Guess again, Broadcasters, in all sports, are paid by the team.

52. Canadiangrrl says:

True.  Philly could use a few sneaky Kovalev elbows right about now.

53. SLONCOLD says:

have you listened to muray wilson on cjad? he’s gotta be the worst color commentator…. Like habs score and he’s like “yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” or a goal against and he’s like “ohhh nooooooo”.

I though braodcasters had to be somewhat neutral and not cheer for a team while calling the game? i listened to the XM feed and heard the philly crew do the game. pretty good actually and fair when calling the game.

54. Canadiangrrl says:

The Habs won the first two series by Jaro being spectacular, yes, but they also won by scoring goals.  Jaro can be less than spectacular some nights and as long as we score, we’re still in the running.  He was less than spectacular last night, and we didn’t score.  Ergo, we didn’t win.  Same with Sunday night.

Look at it this way — you think Halak’s been the best player for the Habs.  Okay, fine.  But you can’t discount Cammalleri’s contribution.  What has he done this series?  What have any of the forwards done, aside from take dumb calls and not do what they’re supposed to do, which is set up and score goals?  How many times have we seen Leighton give up a rebound and no one is there to even try to put it away?

I was thinking more for their size. The Habs inability to get into the dirty zones is what’s killing them and it’s because they don’t intimidate anybody out there.

56. dh says:

But we also put people on Ovechkin and Crosby and prevented them from shooting. This is exactly what they are doing to us with Pronger on Cammallerri. We should be able to get around that with last change at home or, even better, get some secondary scoring by pushing a stronger net presence.

Yep. It pains me to say this but I respect that bunch. Unlike the Pittsburgh whiners.

58. jimmy shaker says:

I hate Laviolette almost as much as lindsey (lindy) ruff….let’s stick it to him the same way he stuck it to us when he coached Carolina and they were down 2-0 in the series before storming back and winning the next four.  Let’s do the same thing here and get sweet revenge.  Plus, I love seeing him explode behind the bench when things get out of hand for his teams….He almost looks ready to cry when he’s losing it!  And last one, can CBC get rid of Galley?  Man, I used to like him, but in the last 4 or 5 games he’s just been a huge arcehole.  His stupid comments are so enraging to me, that I have to keep saying to myself “Serentiy now, serenity now”.  Bring back Millen or something.  Get that puke out of  here!

59. SLONCOLD says:

indeed.  However, habs didn’t win games in the first 2 series by being an offensive powerhouse. habs rely on jaro to be perfect. when he isn’t the habs best player on the ice, the team has problems

60. Canadiangrrl says:

I love Kovalev, the brilliant Kovalev, but if the melancholy Kovalev were to show up, forget it.  Komisarek?  Nah.  There’s another K whose heart and commitment we could use right about now…

61. Canadiangrrl says:

You’re right, but MAB is a convenient target, given his lacklustre play.  Replacing him won’t win us the series, and we need to get a whole lot better offensively, but to me, he’s the weakest link.

62. Canadiangrrl says:

The difference is that we haven’t score a single goal.  Not one.  Halak could be better, but when the team plays like crap, you leave your goalie open.  Halak has been just average, sometimes great, and the rest of the team?  Not even close.

63. SLONCOLD says:

difference is halak isn’t making super human saves. in past games the 1st and 2nd goal get stopped by halak.

Timonem has been philly’s best player on the ice. he’s been closing the gap on just about every rush we try to bring into their zone.

I laugh at the media saying leighton is playing lights out… His positioning has been off and their have been huge rebounds and he looks lost and surprised half the time he makes a save… Key to beating goalies is gettign the puck up, score on second chances and get the goalie moving side to side. we’re not doing any of that, so leighton gets gets to look like he belongs in the nhl…

JM’s coaching and BG’s successes in the first 2 rounds relied on  spectacular goaltending to cover up bad penality and defensive mistakes. If halak can’t find his super human game, this could be an ugly series, beacuse i don’t see the offense coming any time soon…

Last night I had too many bottles in front of me and not enough frontal lobotomies.

65. DavidKB says:

“These aren’t your father’s Flyers. Philadelphia plays tough; but under Peter Laviolette, they also play smart.” – Mike Boone.

I’ve never liked the Flyers. I liked Rick MacLeish; he had skill and style. But the legacy of the BSBs sticks in my throat. It’s kind of hard to hate these Flyers though, for the reason Mike stated. They are not bullies, they just play tough, and smart.

Go Habs!

66. Fansincebirth says:

I think someone should show JM two pictures.

1) Gionta standing in front of Leighton ‘trying’ to screen him

2) our guys not in the crease after loose pucks….

67. Malreg says:

People really need to let up on the whole MAB and O’Byrne thing.

Last time I checked, we need GOALS.  How does replacing MAB with O’Byrne help us with that?  So instead of losing 3-0 we might lose 2-0?  Awesome.

68. Hobie Hansen says:

I’m not
    close to giving up on this group of guys even though things seem to be playing
    out the way one would think.

had some big bodies on their roster but didn’t really play that smash mouth
    brand of playoff hockey you’d think they would. Montreal was given quality
    scoring chances and pounced on them on their way to winning the series.

In last year’s
    playoffs Pittsburgh had the perfect mix of scoring and toughness but this year
    against Montreal , Staal was out for a few games and Guerin missed one or two.
    Montreal wasn’t pushed around too badly and managed to capitalize on their
    chances and take the series.

is hot and healthy, minus Jeff Carter. Love him or hate him, Don Cherry is
    usually correct when he analyzes playoff hockey and I believe him when he says
    Leighton and Pronger are having little difficulty handling the Habs in front of
    the Philly net.  The Flyers are bigger
    and stronger and seem to be controlling the play by forcing the Habs to take
    low percentage shots.

Montreal can
    turn the tide I believe back at the Bell Centre. They won’t out muscle the
    Flyers or intimidate them but I think with the wild crowd behind them they can
    buzz around the Philly net like a pack of angry wasps and pot some goals. Halak
    has to heat up again and guys like Plekanec and A. Kostitsyn have to start

has a balanced attack so Gorges and Gill aren’t going to play as big a role so
    we need to take the fight to the Flyers.

Go HABS Go!!!!!

69. davecessna says:

Now there’s the team we knew and loved from the regular season. Begone with the bunch of overachievers, welcome back Habs!

The heart transplant has not been as successful as first imagined. Check to see if there’s a pulse because it looks like the Habs have flat-lined. Will they comeback from the dead? Is it time for me to bring out the big guns?

I can’t believe I am saying it but the Habs are missing Komisarek and Kovalev this series.

71. habsfan_61 says:

wtf is mab doing in the lineup?because of his point shot on the pp?he has 1 goal. plus the opposition is keying on him effectively taking away that shot. is jm’s strategy just that? leave 1 man to key on mab and have others open. and how’s that working for you jm?.another beef i have is why dress a 4th line when cumalitively they play 5 mins. you can the see the rest of the forwards were getting gassed in the 2nd. brilliant line management jm.also, why isnt ob playing since he is supposed to physical and philly is a physical team./ couldnt we use him?philly is only using 4 dmen for the most part, why havent we shot the puck into the corner and make these guys work therefore tiring them out by the late 2nd or 3rd period.still credit goes to philly for shutting us down so far. still early enough to make adjustments and make a series of it. cmon kirk you the man. we know youre the real coach of this team come up with  game plan and lets beat those bums. go habs go

72. habsguy says:

still sticking needles into carey I see…..

73. Caballero says:

This whole thing is in the mind. Get some sports psychologists in there to remind the team that the flyers got in through a shootout victory; they just aren’t that good. Their best forwards are in fact not that big. They will be destroyed if they make it to the final. Their goalie and the entire team is riding on this BS confidence that was the result of Boston completely dropping the ball. Thus, somehow the Bruins screw us again.

74. Habs4ever Fan says:

We will overcome this 2-0 deficit

PLEASE JM use your brain….There is no one NO ONE, who wants to see MAB on the ice. Unless he is your wife’s nephew, leave him in the press box in favor of Ryan Obyrne

Use your 4th line for more than 5 minutes. You may be surprised and rewarded!

Do not bring in Carey Price. He is far from the answer and he won’t make the key saves when you most need them. The way Carey over commits to one side or the other on any 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 will give the Flyers all the empty net space they need to win a game! The Flyers have been great at creating these odd man rushes and Carey won’t handle them.

Put RO or HG on the power play in front of their net. Let them try and clear the front without creating penalties. Old trick from Scotty Bowman who knows a bit more than you do!

JM, stop thinking that if the Habs lose that they will fire Gautier and promote you! It wont happen.

Habs player play well for the team IN SPITE of JM’s coaching skills. Let Kirk coach

75. jimmy shaker says:

seems like the flyers can do no wrong right now and we cannot generate or sustain any momentum or goals for that matter. It almost reminds me of how the cubs beat the flyers the first 3 games of the last series. The Flyers to me played decent in those first 3 games but they came up short somehow. Now grant it that they never were shutout, but there are some similarities. We need to win the next 3 games in a row if not 4…..But it all starts on Thursday, and by any means necessary the boys have to come out with a win!