Penguins devoured, now on to turkey

Habs give thanks for win

Price didn’t suck – Jack Todd

Gui! not in shape

• Go McGill! Mike Babcock gets four-year extension

• Look who tops Darren Dreger’s rookie list

The Oilers are hot

Ribeiro arrested for public intoxication. “Officer, I was just practicing my diving, honest!”

• Habs prospect Maxim Trunev

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

And how’s this for showing some holiday love:

ONb5waVYAGM

1. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Come on now, I forgot to take it off in the dressing room, happens to everyone!

2. Mike Boone says:

That would be hypocritical, because I make quite a bit more than the minimum wage … though quite a bit less than the filthy capitalist swine on Wall St. and Bay St. who run everything and are destroying the planet for their own profit.

Whew!

That felt good. I need a cigarette.

3. Mrhab24 says:

1/2 my friends should be arrested every Saturday night then.

…I’m on a horse!

4. shootdapuck says:

What about professional athletes?

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

5. saskhabfan says:

Please show a source that shows that the high percentage of posters are generation Y and have been raised by helicoper parents? Oh wait,there was a demographic thread posted on here a while  ago that said almost half the people on this site were actually generation x. Imagine that adumb is wrong again. Here is the proof,once again,i win.

6. Rob says:

You do remember ’93 then, right?  How consistent was Roy that year leading up to the playoffs?  or for the couple of yearrs previous to that? or for the first two games of that playoff run for that matter? ……. hmmmmmm

The Montreal Canadiens: sporting the best AND worst fans since 1909!

7. sholi2000.com says:

1.  Grab the biggest cooker you have.

2.  Fill half water, then turkey left overs, bones and all.

3.  Boil on med heat for 2 hours.

4. Remove bones.

5.  Add chopped up potatoes, mini carrots, chopped celery, green onion, turnip, corn niblets, barley, and any other vegetable you want.

6.  Boil until soft on med heat.

7.  Ice cold milk, and oven buns are a must.

8.  Only add salt and pepper to individual bowls.

They Call Me Shane

8. saskhabfan says:

Do you go visit jack todd on your unicorn?

9. JIMVINNY says:

Jack Toad is a moron.  That is all.

There are no ideas masquerading behind your inability to write coherently are there?

Given the choices at the time the Habs made the right one.

Price’s failings were where? It’s as clear as a sunny sky. The maturity process that is kicking in will carry Price if not for a lack of proper handling to where he should be.

It’s fun to see all you Price haters hide behind your desire for a Habs Cup victory. It’s shameless really. BG and PG want it also. They made a gutsy decision and I support it. There are back-up plans in the name of Robert Mayer not to mention a slew of available and cheap netminders. Price however is part of a grand plan to build a contender. I am willing to sit back and let the process unfold. It’s called maturity and encompasses the type of mind-set required to play chess. In your world of backgammon and checkers the process is more simplistic and knee-jerk.

If it was 50 games into the season maybe but we haven’t even hit game 3. Suck it up and be a man because you’re sounding like you’re PMS’ing, again. :D

11. lefreak says:

Blind “no matter what happens habs are the best!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneleventeen” are a bad thing. The thing with Todd is that his formula is no different than the WWF. You know what “the bad guy/heel” is going to do to incite a reaction before he does it, but for some reason beyond me it still makes the same fans hate them even though they have been picking up the same folding chair for the last 3 years.

Todd is redundant, but it works so they publish him.I’m sure he loves the attention, and writes his articles accordingly.As much as I love to slag the guy, don’t fall into the trap of “he makes journalism have a bad name.”. Todd knows what he writes is nothing to be considered respectable or even news worthy. It is meant to incite reaction and nothing more…love him or hate him it does work for him. You guys have to remember that the printed press is a dying animal, so we can expect stuff like this to try and sell papers.

12. Xtrahabsfan says:

Well at least he didn’t steal a SPEEDO !

13. rogus says:

At least Pouliot is going to the difficult areas and mucking it up a bit this year. So frustrating to watch him avoid hits and tiptoe around plays last year. Here’s hoping he breaks out this year!

14. habaholic68NJ says:

Rumor has it that the kid said something nasty and/or spit at Cammi.  If this is true, no wonder Cammi answered the press as he did.

15. Chips says:

Habs took home a very important win. They showed no quit and Carey was very good. There’s a big difference going home 1-1 or 0-2. I love PK, he has so many levels to his game. It’s like Markov, Gomer, Cammy, Gorges and Max Lap all rolled into one!! I was surprised how much he was targeted and he realy impressed me with his ability to just shrug it off and keep to his game. He understands that he is much more useful on the ice than sitting in the box for 5 minutes for dropping the mits. I have a feeling that, when he does drop, someone is going to be very sorry!!! I though OB played quite well and Dustin Boyd is looking like a very good acquisition and is going to make the absense of Dominic Moore, but a ship passing in the night!!!

Should be a good one against Tampa! I can’t wait! Enjoy your turkey everybody!!

25 in 2011

16. rogus says:

Jack Todd is an embarrassment to journalism. He doesn’t report on facts, only uses a spattering of semi relevant catchphrases, coupled with his own cynicism and one sided views. I find reading him an insult to my intelligence, and an utter waste of time! Truly a blemish on the sports scribes of Montreal!!!

17. SmartDog says:

Cammalleri does not owe you or anyone else an explanation about the stick incident

I agree.

Just shows that Jack doesn’t know (or respect) a class act when he sees one.  Cami didn’t duck the media, didn’t hide, he just said “it was what it was, we’re not going to change anything by talking about it”.  To me, that is as good an explanation as it gets.   Stuff happens Jack.  Hey Jack, why do you sometimes make mistakes? Why sometimes is your column total crap?  Where’s our explanation??

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

18. namgel says:

Maybe his name should be Mike Ri-BEER-O

19. lefreak says:

or he will just post crazy opinions to rile up the fan bases of certain teams.

I go there to read eric engels’ blog (which i enjoy)…but i managed to catch the epic thread that was the “eklund tells you exactly what will happen in the northeast”.

his ploy worked, hits were obtained:p

20. lefreak says:

or he will just post crazy opinions to rile up the fan bases of certain teams.

his ploy worked, hits were obtained:p

21. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Nolte

22. habitual says:

Oh for sure, I have young adults (still in the house) and neither they nor I at their age would do well with the big money and the almost rabid expectations of playing for the Habs.  And it would seem like Carey has learned  …

23. Chips says:

Good for him for not fighting in a war he didn’t believe in and having the cahones to bail across the border. Mandatory enlistment is what a draft is all about. Still not carzy about his writing, but he certainly knows how to hammer home a point!!!!!

25 in 2011

24. Lazarus_taxa says:

hahaha!  Good thing you read HIO today!  Way to avoid learning the hard way!!

25. quentin_stuckley says:

better mug shot: ribeiro or o’byrne?

26. quentin_stuckley says:

it can happen to the best of us.

27. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Once a punk, always a punk!

28. fbkj says:

draft dodging coward? if you were in high school and were suddenly told you are required to go do hand to hand with charlie chan would you be so quick to comply? I know i certainly wouldnt, call me a coward, but im a coward that likes LIVING…

and its eronneous to say that bush has dissapeared off of the grid when the effects of his presidency is still evident around the world…