Pearn staying

Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal reports Perry Pearn has turned down the WHL Oil Kings and will stay with the Canadiens as Jacques Martin’s assistant.

As the news spread, fans flocked into the streets of downtown Montreal (in picture at left) chanting “Perry! Perry!”

• Who is Tyler Pitlick?

1. EFT Tapping Enthusiast says:

Arizona. Tucson, to be exact.

2. SeriousFan09 says:

Celine Phaneuf are you kidding? Overrated prima donna whose become a progressively worse player over his last two seasons. Markov’s better defensively he is on his best day and has led a top-ranked PP unit for several years, when’s Phaneuf ever managed that? Add in the rising star of P.K. Subban and we’ve got them beat easily there.

3. crabvader says:

Cammalleri and Gionta are as good as Kessel, what the hell are you on about?

Both Cammy and Gio got injured and were still damn close to Kessel’s goal totals.

Let me also remind you that Cammy let the playoffs in scoring even during the Stanley Cup final.

Go on, talk more trash about our team.

4. oshawahabsfan says:

I hope the Minnesota love affair is over, it’s been a pretty fruitless endevour. The only decent prospect we have from there is Pacioretty, and who knows still how he will pan out. Clearly the CHL is producing the better players, perhaps our scouting staff can start looking there

5. habsguy says:

Ummmmm, I think I’ve heard it before!!!

6. habsguy says:

just wondering,  how old are they compared to your hero Burke?

7. habsguy says:

I don’t know what part of the country you’re from dude, but here where I reside every second car had a canada flag on it..

8. Bill J says:

Hey Genius!!!!

1) Canada is not in the world Cup.  Thus why you will not see a Canadian flag these days.

2) YES — When the Olympics where going on, there was SH!TLOADS of patriotism in Canada.  Where the hell where you hiding at to not see it ?

9. nightmare_49 says:

from Greg Wyshynski / Puck Daddy

Worst Host/Analyst/Rinkside Reporter: Pierre McGuire, NBC/TSN. This man is on too much for my tastes. He adds nothing. He says nothing. He does nothing. All McGuire does is take up space. Very rarely does he add insight from ice level. Instead, he’ll say something like, “No goal, Edzo” to which Olcyzk will reply, “We know, Pierre.” That’s stellar analysis. And when he does on-ice interviews, the subjects whether it be a coach or player will not give anything we don’t already know. McGuire needs to be removed from broadcasts next season. Maybe that elusive GM job will pop up and we the viewers will be spared from his claptrap.

McGuire’s good for one thing: Background. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of every North American player (“He played three years with the Moose Tooth Jackals of the Yukon Gold League, Edzo.”).

But he’s a lousy sparring partner on the studio set and can’t seem to balance his reporting between the benches (which can be interesting in an eavesdropping way) with his game analysis (which is frustratingly inaccurate at times; please recall Keith and Seabrook being afraid of Dan Carcillo rather than D’ing up another line in Game 2 of the finals.

10. nightmare_49 says:

Breakout Stars and One Hit Wonders of the Stanlet Cup Playoffs / by Bruce Ciskie / NHL Fanhouse

Brett Connolly’s Hip Shakes Up Top 10 of NHL Draft / by Chris Botta

“I love this kid,” a scouting director for an Eastern Conference team slated to pick in the middle of the first round told NHL FanHouse back in March. “I know this sounds a little warped, but it’s gotten to the point where I don’t mind it if Connolly misses games. I figure there’s a better chance he’ll slip down to us.”

Television ratings up big for NHL just in time for new deals / CBS Sports

11. nightmare_49 says:

No sure-fire No. 1 defensemen found on this year’s prospects list / The Red Line Report / by Kyle Woodlief / Special to USA Today

The first thing that hits us when examining the top end of this year’s crop on the blue line is that it’s a decidedly mediocre class with no real candidates to become a true No. 1 defenseman at the NHL level.

12. smiler2729 says:

Oh there’s a parade every June in Toronto but it’ll never be for the Laffs… some Pride thing.

13. OneTimer says:

This coming from Leafs fans is pretty funny, it’s like a midget making fun of a short guy for being short, it just doesn’t work.

Maybe the Leafs won’t be the laughing stock of the NHL again this year? Maybe? BTW thanks for trading the No. 1 pick in-division, assholes.

14. Jbird says:

CBC – they feed online it as well . CBC also is replaying games at night.  As a poster below says you could order CBC Bold – which would be the only reason to ever get CBC Bold.

15. Dintrox says:

ESPN in the US and ABC has a few games.

December 4, 2009 – Elmer Lach’s jersey took its rightful place with the Rocket’s in the rafters.

16. crabvader says:

Down goes brown,

He has many reasons to frown,

Jealousy seeping through every pore,

He’s just upset his Leafs can’t score.

Felt a bit like ’93?

Funny how a clown can come up with such material,

When compared to us, his team is trivial.

1967, the age of the hippie,

Leafs fans are still high,

If they think their team won’t go another forty-three.

I don’t have as much time as Brown,

To defecate lyrical nonsense about his betters,

But I do know one thing; His team will NEVER parade the Cup downtown.

17. camel_larry says:

What a moron. Every single thing he said can be turned around and used against the leafs 5x over.

18. megagoten says:

pretty sure that’s all

19. SeriousFan09 says:

Not necessarily 1st-round, but the closer to 1st overall pick, the worse the luck. Dipietro and Lehtonen are glass-men and Fleury’s not Mr. Consistent. I still like Price’s talent level and 2005 was not a banner year of the draft exactly.

Cam Ward didn’t work out too badly though and the two hot goaltending prospects for possible trade, Schneider and Bernier were 1st-round picks, selecting in the 20s area seems safer, I still think Varlamov in WSH has something to make of himself and Tukka Rask was Boston’s man this year after all.

20. likehoy says:

this is just ironic that it’s been written by leafs fans. jealousy is written all over this.

- What if Jaro Halak’s hand was indeed shaking? What if you took the CHOKE out of Ovechkin? — History Will Be Made

There should just be a rule that goalies cannot be picked in the 1st round.

22. ProHabs says:

Maybe we can trade Halak for Stamkos, Price for Carter and then sign Jose The-Odor to play between the pipes. Bring back Huet to be his backup.

23. SeriousFan09 says:

You’re never going to move a goalie for a 20-year old 50 goal scorer HH, that’s not happening unless Mike Milbury gets a GM job and Rejean Houle is his assistant.

I take issue with Carter for reasons that have NOTHING to do with what team he plays on. He doesn’t reliably hold the Centre position on his team, which would indicate he doesn’t have a strong hand in the faceoff circle and his playoff stats, even accounting for him being injured this year are not overly strong, basically scoreless in 2 of his 4 years in the playoffs and that’s hardly knocking me over with awe.

24. RiverviewCanadien says:

A key factor to the success of the Habs and the success of any team that advances…Chemistry and playing for one another. How many times was that repeated from the Habs during this playoff run? You really cannot make THAT many drastic changes this year, it could mess things up that they built this season.

25. Mark says:

Here in SK it’s on CBC. The Alternate feed is on Bold, but that’s a digital cable channel.

Tyler Pitlick, center, Minnesota State (WCHA) >> LMFAO at that!!!

Seems right since the Habs have cornered the market on Minnesota.

I love it but it aint going to happen. Halak for Stamkos maybe.

Price for Carter is more realistic. Carter is a SH demon. He’d do very well in JM’s “system” and he’d “gel” right away with the Habs. Don’t listen to SF09, he has a Flyers bias and isn’t thinking clearly when he denigrates Carter. Carter for Price I would take in a New York minute and it would be a good trade for both teams.

28. SeriousFan09 says:

That’ll never happen… I was just stating since Stamkos’s likely to get Toews-level cash in his next contract, adding on Halak at 3-5 million isn’t as attractive as Price at 1-1.5 instead.

29. A. Berke says:

That’s a good one   :)

Ali B.

30. ProHabs says:

Price for Stamkos, I like it.

31. nickster13 says:

Random question: What channel is showing the world cup? cable channels of course..

32. ABHabsfan says:

Hey, the guy is a complete spaz on d, just saying he can shoot. That’s it.

33. habs001 says:

we cannot have gorges on the second pp unit as that just kills the pp 95% of the time…we also must win more faceoffs when we start our pp/pk …plecks and gomez lose a lot of these …since no blue chip prospects at forward that are ready to play this season and no young forwards on the roster that will get better in producing goals we are going to have tons of 2-1, 3-2 games again… realistically our hope is to sneak into the playoffs again and cause damage vs better teams….as the line up stands now this team is not a top 10 team over 82 games….

Are you kidding me?!?!?!? MAB accomplished in one season what it took Breezer over two decades to accomplish. And by that I mean earning ridicule.

Habs-Prof ratio is 80% N.A.G. and 20% skilled european.

36. nightmare_49 says:

Electrical fire guts former Devils coach Jacques Lemaire’s Florida home

by Rick Chere / The Star – Ledger

37. SeriousFan09 says:

Halak’s cap hit is hard to swallow on the Tampa roster, especially with Stamkos having a huge contract kicking in after this season when they negotiate to the 5-7 million range. Lot of costs piling up, it would be easier to try and build up Carey than take on the salary demands that would see Halak dealt.

38. lavie says:

Did you mean that Markov would be the last Russian player on Habs’ roster?

39. smiler2729 says:

Halak’s the one on the move, wants too big a raise…

40. smiler2729 says:

Rosey McUnibrow lol

41. nightmare_49 says:

Brian Burke’s letter to the other 29 GMs about Tomas Kaberle – DGB

42. Ghosts of the Forum says:

If the Cup couldn’t be in Montreal, at least it went to a city and fans who appreciate it.

That parade was something else…helluva lot better than in Tampa Bay when the Flames attracted more fans for their return than the team that won did…

43. nightmare_49 says:

K – Yes.

44. christophor says:

I didn’t hear it here first, and I still don’t like the feel of it.

45. Keith says:

So is Tyler Pitlick any relation to Lance Pitlick who played for the Janitors?

46. CHsam says:

After watching Philly and Hawks, i’m now 100% convinced that we need North American Grit as Habs Prof would say. I hope PG deals the K bros this summer.

47. CHsam says:

Of course. Because the Canadiens are so good at giving away the good things that we have. We might even give them PK SUbban.

Tucson is just a bit to hot for me! Indoor rinks are great to cool down in.

49. Habsforlife 1959 says:

I say Carey Price might end up in Tampa with Guy Boucher as his coach? You heard it here first!!! Anything is possible????

50. ABHabsfan says:

MAB had 13 goals, did Breezer ever get that? I am not a MAB fan, but the dude can shoot. Just saying…

51. camel_larry says:

Anything on Muller?

52. EFT Tapping Enthusiast says:

I just love this sport.  Too bad I live in the desert.  It snowed one day here a few years ago…

53. nightmare_49 says:

o – Max Pac is from CT.

54. MathMan says:

For all his bombast, I give McGuire credit for some stuff, for example he’s one of very few analysts that I know of who will speak about matchups and which ones the coaches are trying to get — a crucial piece of analysis that’s absent from far too many commentators who really ought to know about this.

He knows a lot of stuff, but boy… he does get carried away.

55. SeriousFan09 says:

Wasn’t worried about Pearn buggering off even if he did, Muller is the critical coaching story.

56. Favorite Son says:

Thank God he’s staying! I was so worried.

57. mike g says:

Lol, good one Boone…

I just watched the video of the Hawks parade on TSN.CA…..

Wow, what a great time they’re having. Nice parade, wish it was here. If it was, we would have blown up this city and partyied for 6 straight days…

Would have been awsome!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

58. SeriousFan09 says:

What would have been the best thing about a 2010 Cup win for MTL?

People explaining 10, 15, 30 years later why they were born in Quebec and their name is Jaroslav.

59. Shublips says:

Sad.  Very sad.  Was hoping that he would leave and they would bring in someone dynamic, or young, or new, or who has a pulse….

But alas….

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict

60. likehoy says:

thanks for giving me a vote of confidence, hopefully i’ll have better luck next time ;)

61. DearyLeary says:

Oh, please baby Jesus, not another Minnesota college kid… does Timmins really want to strike out again?

62. mike g says:

Nice!

Jaroslav and Mike would have surely been popular..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

63. ABHabsfan says:

Could also have to explain why Mommy doesn’t know who Daddy is, but thinks He might be named Jaroslav!

64. smiler2729 says:

lol Jean-Jaroslav Pelletier

65. avatar_58 says:

I didn’t even know who Pearn was until like 95% through the season.

66. mike g says:

Perry Pearn didn’t know who he was until 95% through the season…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

67. SeriousFan09 says:

He didn’t seem to know who MAB was either.

68. avatar_58 says:

Seriously though. My dad asks me “who’s that grey haired guy?” and I hadn’t the slightest clue. Muller wasn’t on the bench that game so I thought maybe he’d been replaced and no one said anything.

69. mike g says:

If the Habs buyout, or trade Hamr and don’t recieve a d-man in return (would be kinda dumb), would you re-sgin MAB until Markov comes back?

Otherwise until December, we have Spatch and Subbs as our only “offensive” d-men, if you even wanna include Spacek in that mix.

He’s such a mistery, but I don’t think he’d sign on for 3 months…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

70. SeriousFan09 says:

He’ll want more than the 750k he got last season and signing him for more than that is just bad cap management IMO.

71. mike g says:

If he gets no offers, I think 750 will be good enough to sign him again.

Most teams won’t even look at him because of his overall game, and because they’d rather develop a kid instead. We don’t have that luxury, our d-men in Hamilton aren’t NHL ready.

I saw some of Carle and Webber. They don’t fit the NHL IMO. Carle reminds me of Gagne, always hurt. And Webber seems a little bit scared with the big boys.

So we may not have a choice with MAB, although I’d rather sign a guy like Joe Corvo if he takes 2 mill or less….(highly unlikely though)

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

72. Mikey_39 says:

no..no…no..no…no…absolutely not…no.

Spacek+Obyrne+Subban+Gorges+Gill+absolutely anybody from hamilton.  Bring up Weber or Carle and see how it goes.  I’d rather take a chance with one of them.  Bergeron is a waste of money even at league minimum.  I’d rather bring back Mara.

73. Mr. Biter says:

MAB had more goals & points with the Wild and no  one wanted him. I believe he’d jump at $750,000.00 again.

74. ABHabsfan says:

Good call on Corvo. He has a great shot and actually knows where his own end of the rink is. Unfortunately guys like that seem to command $3-4M. He is stll a good possibility though. Weber: I have said before a few months back, turn Weber into a winger. Great shot, good skating just not quite big enough to push around the Bufflins of the world. ( I realize I spelled his name wrong but that what I’m going with) Weber could play 2nd line forward within a few months of learning IMO.

Aside, Bufflin is from Minn. if the Habs could get him should they turn it down. He did play in the Dub though.

75. Exit716 says:

Joe Corvo? LMAO.

That wimp cried to get out of Ottawa because of the “negative media” and “pressure”.

He’d end up in a mental hospital if he played in Montreal.

76. rogieshan says:

Mayber Pearn is the one taking over in Hamilton.

77. Habitant in Surrey says:
    Habitant in Surrey's picture

Repost from ‘If You Love Hockey’ thread:

…Boonz comment on Cherry: “…Again with the troops. Don makes Glenn Beck look like Bill Moyers. And of course, his National War Widow shtick … with bagpipes”

…Boonz, You get all sensitive of ‘Boonzki’ as an ‘affectionism’, …yet, you will hop with glee on milking the entendres with a boy and a name like Hunter Bishop

…then condescend on Cherry’s (not one of My favorite hockey personalities) acknowledgement of the sacrifices Our troops make for your wobbly white *** (butt) to do ‘nothing’ except be a professional ‘clown’ …Your ‘success’ in anything contingent on riding the coat-tails of Our Montreal Canadiens

…schmuck is too good a word for you Boonz

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

78. SeriousFan09 says:

I acknowledge the sacrifices of our soldiers as well, but I also acknolwedge their superiors who don’t actually put thsemlves in danger shouldn’t order them to turn over all detainees to be tortured by the Afghan tin-pot authorities whose authority barely controls the capital of Afghanistan itself and the ‘President’ is really nothing but the city mayor. Since I doubt everyone who gets detained is in fact a terrorist as in that country I’m sure there are victims of wrong-place, wrong-time or tossed to them in favour of a reward, innocent people are getting tortured for no reason in a country we supposedly liberated. Those tinpot authorities that were put in power when the whole invasion debacle began in 2001 to legitimize an attack on a nation when most of the terrorists behind 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia and most of the Taliban are now actually hiding out in Pakistan but we can’t actually invade there so our guys are just waiting around for them to cross the border, plant more IEDs so our soldiers can get blown up or crippled and occasionally catch the #2 Al-Qeada man for the 38th time. That and our guys got stuck with the ****hole part of the country that’s the most violent while the Americans went for a BS invasion of Iraq leaving us holding the bag and more of our soldiers dying when this was their mess that they created.

79. sholi2000.com says:

Please draft big strong Canadian kids!

Not asking for much, proof is in the winners.

Buy Canadian!

They Call Me Shane

80. ooder says:

detroit?

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

81. Derek2 says:

They do when there is enough combustible material to keep the fire going.  As someone who worked in the twin towers and in building 7, the design of the buildings contributed to the loss of structural integrity.  They  had very little or no internal steel work.  The floors were very wide open.  All the load bearing was concentrated on the outside steel framework.  When that buckled from the impact of the crash there was no stopping gravity.

82. camel_larry says:

“Cherry rides the coat-tails of soldiers dying in a meaningless conflict and uses it to espouse his ill-informed political opinions when he is barely qualified these days to give hockey analysis for a game that has passed him by long ago and promotes a rabid nationalist agenda about who ‘belongs’ in the NHL.”

“But otherwise yeah, go Don Cherry for saying it’s A-Okay that our soldiers are dying for nothing.”

What are you talking about? Just cause you’re a habs fan doesn’t mean you should be so biased towards Don Cherry that you overreact about him giving condolences to the families of fallen soldiers and post an essay-esque rant online, calling him a blithering idiot. Cherry does NOT say “its A-OK our soldiers are dying”. He has shed tears, he has sobbed on national television dozens of times for fallen soldiers, who were people who he doesn’t even know. And when you see that, all you feel is animocity towards cherry, because yo say all he does is “espouse his ill-informed political opinions”, and say he doesn’t care? That he’s riding “coat tails”? That’s just sad, man. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Have a nice day, you uptight, hypocritical moron.

83. SeriousFan09 says:

I don’t like Don Cherry because of my political and ethical views well ahead of because I don’t like how he regards the Canadiens. He dumps on European players every chance he gets, said that European captains couldn’t win Stanley Cups (imagine if he was a Football guy and said in the US that black quarterbacks couldn’t win Super Bowl titles). He slammed the use of the visor, a vital piece of player safety equipment for years as a silly protective measure even though it has cost players their hopes and dreams of the NHL by not wearing one and losing an eye. He fosters anti-European slant on his show, which is bigotry and he knows he’s a role model, but promotes this intolerance regardless and is doing his best to drive a wedge between players of different origins for his own purposes.

He got out on TV a few nights ago and said point-blank we shouldn’t criticize what might be going on in Afghanistan such as detainees being handed over for torture when he is absolutely NOT paid for political commentary and between periods of a hockey game is not the time or place to do it either. No one ever said anything that a corporal handing over a detainee to the Afghan authorities is morally bankrupt and a war criminal. He is a soldier in a war zone and he must follow his orders and what he did was within the letter of the rules in the Canadian Military. The issue is the General giving the order to do or the Defence Minister telling the General that’s okay. The informed people criticizing that issue aren’t blaming the actual soldiers serving in Afghanistan, they’re questioning the people who aren’t actually putting their lives on the line and sending possibly a number of innocent people to be tortured. We shouldn’t raise questions about innocent people being tortured and possibly killed by that torture because an aged bigot says so? Not in my books. He can give condolences all he likes, but saying those condolences and then going on to say we have no right to question what’s going on is politicizing when he’s ill-informed on the conflict at large.

I’m sick that over a hundred men and women have died for nothing in a country that is generously described as bronze age in social development but is equipped with AK-47s, bombs and RPGs, with scores more being permanently crippled by the injuries they’ve sustained. I’m a secular humanist and I deplore the loss of life, especially for no purpose.

84. camel_larry says:

Okay, fine, I see your point, and thusly I take back my insults. But still, I understand your political views (I share with you the majority of them), but what you said that I had a problem with (and thusly commented on) was you insulting Cherry and saying that he was just pushing his political views, whereas it is plain that he really cares about the soldiers and their families, and I respect him for that.

85. andrewberkshire says:

……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
    …………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
    ……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
    …………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
    ……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`

86. andrewberkshire says:

Occam’s razor, look it up.

87. SeriousFan09 says:

Kinetic impact of an 80-ton jetliner hitting a building at hundreds of miles an hour notwithstanding of course, considerably weakens any structure I would say.

88. _Habsoloutly_ says:

It’s possible the jet fuel created fires hot enough to bring down the twin towers.  The problem is building 7.  No way that could have ever came down like it.  Very suspicious.

89. andrewberkshire says:

Very suspicious if you have no clue about physics and structural engineering.

90. SeriousFan09 says:

I don’t agree with everything the CBC reporters and analysts say, but they tend to be informed on the issues and are paid to do just that, give an analysis of the situations they are investigating or being asked to comment on.

91. _Habsoloutly_ says:

what the hell are you talking about? no plane hit building 7.  It was hit by small bits of debris and had some windows broken.  Physics is what say’s there is no way that building should have came down like it did.  It looked like a controlled blast all the way. Research it.

The Death Star was an inside job too!!!

93. andrewberkshire says:

Read the popular mechanics breakdown of the event. Watching ‘Loose Change’ isn’t research.

94. andrewberkshire says:

So was the fall of Troy!

95. SeriousFan09 says:

This is a favourite of mine…

96. terrygain says:

FACTS

1. The 9/11 attacks were carried out by 19 Muslims.

2. Al Qaeda took credit for the attacks.

3 The 9/11 Commission found and demonstrated that the attacks of these 19
    Muslims were in the planning stages for at least 2 years.

4. George Bush was the Governor of Texas while the 9/11 attacks were being
    planned.

5. When truthers say 9/11 was an inside job they are referring to what they
    call the Bush/Cheney criminal conspiracy.

6. Every single claim of truthers has been debunked by rational people  and organizations (NIST,
    Popular Mechanics etc. See Screw Loose Change).

7. Not one conspirator, of what would have been hundreds, has broken ranks and exposed the conspiracy.

IRRATIONAL TRUTHER THEORY

1. George Bush conspired with Osama bin Laden to attack the United States.

2. He did so when he was Governor Of Texas, thus risking execution for
    treason if caught.

3. bin Laden remained silent about the conspiracy even as Bush drove him out of Afghanistan and
    annihilated his volunteers in Iraq.

4. Bush is nuts for risking his neck (for what isn’t explained since the U.S. took not one drop of oil? So why did Bush do it? So that he could satisfy his
    boyhood dream of liberating 58 million Muslims?)

Truthers are plainly nuts. Even Hab fan truthers.

97. terrygain says:

You know more than NIST? Do you even know who NIST is? Get a grip Rosie.

98. SeriousFan09 says:

The Titanic was also supposed to be invulnerable against icebergs, didn’t mean it worked. Sham doctors endorse a range of bad medicine across the United States, you don’t think some structural engineers would sign off this for some attention, or some failed architects?

99. SeriousFan09 says:

The tinfoil hat brigade on the internet’s hard work notwithstanding, the concept that a conspiracy of that magnitude could exist without it becoming public is ludicrous. The best way two people can keep a secret is a suicide pact. Human nature prevents the existence of these things from going on. Someone always talks, especially about something of this nature. Government rigging the controlled demolition of three buildings in Manhattan, honestly…

100. andrewberkshire says:

+a million for this comment.

101. terrygain says:

I knew you wouldn’t be able to refute my points.

102. andrewberkshire says:

Haven’t you heard, Robert? This is just the tip of the conspiracy iceberg! 9/11 was just to distract us from the Bilderberg group who’s controlled by the Illuminati, who’s controlled by reptilian aliens who can shape shift but in order to do so must drink the blood of babies every morning.

Don’t waste your time on idiots like demigod, no rational argument can convince someone who’s more interested in pulling facts out of his ass than learning.

103. andrewberkshire says:

Of course, a couple college dropouts who have no problems using doctored footage “schooled” highly educated engineers and physicists. You’re beyond help, I’m truly sad for you, I wish you had a brain.

104. andrewberkshire says:

And the holocoust never happened either right? That’s just a zionist conspiracy.

105. terrygain says:

Wow. Not just a conspiracy but a wide ranging conspiracy involving people outside the government – with the lid still kept tightly on  9 years later.

Did you enjoy it when the Habs won the cup this year? Don’t let the Bettman  propaganda convince you we didn’t win.

Get help Sergio.

106. terrygain says:

Read the articles at this site. They will enlighten you (if you aren’t completely gone.)

107. SeriousFan09 says:

Who runs mass media? Corporate owners like every other major business, but I still don’t think the Cup wins have been rigged in the NHL or that the pharmaceutical industry invented diseases so they could peddle cures for them.

108. andrewberkshire says:

……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
    …………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
    ……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
    …………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
    ……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`

109. Jbird says:

Was the Oklahoma City Bombing done by a Christian?  I say the guy was a maniac.  People who blow mass ammounts of people should be excluded from their religions automatically.  So the comment is a C.  ;-)  what is up with this talk anyways?  wowza.

110. BJ says:

If the population ever wakes up to the International Banksters mafia in cahoots with the Military-Industrial-Petro-Chemical mafia, they’ll figure out that there is no war other than for profit. No one in their right minds in any country other than the imbiciles politicians being run by their puppet masters benefit from it. Don hope you read this. Its a shame that the blue collar soldiers are not informed of their choices as the war would be an internal one. At least there is Family, Friends and hockey.

111. G-Man says:

Hockey thread. No politics, please.

112. BJ says:

It started with Don Cherry and …… with a lot of valid points.

113. Psycho29 says:

I think Gainey, Gauthier and Martin were somehow involved. We need to launch an investigation right away.

Let’s get Tony242 and Rejean Tremblay to head up the inquiry….

Detroit had solid Canadians and Americans but when they went either Russian or Swede they went with a concept. They weren’t all over the map picking every small player every country had to offer. North American grit was still there but they still picked gritty Euros. I wouldn’t call Holmstrom or Kronwall finesse players.

Lidstrom is the only non-NA captain to hoist the Cup so far. I think there’s only one other captain that’s not Canadian and it’s Hatcher (American) if I am not mistaken.

115. SeriousFan09 says:

draft selections that were under 6′ European players since 2001…

Plekanec – 5’11”- CZE, 3rd-rounder 2001

Victor Ujcik – 5’10” – CZE, 7th rounder 2001

Konstantin Korneev 5’11” – RUS, 9th rounder 2002

Christopher Heino-Lindberg – 5’11” – SWE, 6th rounder 2003

Halak – 5’11” – SVK – 9th-rounder 2003

Grabovski – 5’11” –  BLR – 5th-rounder 2004

Yannick Weber  5’11” – SWI – 3rd-rounder 2007

Nichlas Torp – 5’11” – SWE, 6th-rounder 2007

Maxim Trunev – 5’11” – RUS, 5th-rounder 2008

9 players under 6′ from 2001, yeah, all over the map picking tiny Euros indeed and two of those guys were key players for the team all year long and these guys were only picked in later rounds because the bigger players had already been drafted for the most part, that’s how a draft works, the big guys always go first.

Lidstrom will likely remain the only European captain for a while, but a lot of that has to do with a bias in the NHL against the Europeans for one thing, not trusting them to be leaders or plain disrespect from NA coachs/players who don’t think they have what it takes. The Europeans have only really been here for 20 years and it took the Francophones a hell of a long time to break into the NHL and get their respect as well.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

I’m still reeling from the 90’s.

Look kiddo I appreciate your youthful vigor but you gotta understand, I was 14 when I saw the Habs beat the Flyers in ’76. I remember when Cournoyer retired because of his bad back. I’ve lived through the 80’s and been to games at both the Forum and the Bell Centre. If you remember the line of Petrov-Koivu-Bure you’ll know what I mean.

Don’t even compare the Habs to the Red Wings. The Wings today are what the Habs used to be. You don’t understand how angry I am to see what was once a great team totally lose touch with modernity. It’s arrrogance. Stubborness. As a Montrealer and a hockey fan I am disgusted especially after witnessing 8 Habs Stanley Cup wins.

There are even older fans here who know what I am talking about.

And the 1st time I ever even considered tanking was last year. I am not shy nor ashamed about it and believe me it’s gonna happen to the Habs whether they like it or not. I am just prepariong you all for the inevitable.

117. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m still playing catch-up with Habs history, the NHL and understanding everything as this is only 2nd year watching the NHL on a consistent basis. However I still keep a keen eye on draft history and examine results I’m a numbers guy and strictly speaking, odds and imprecision of the draft are simply too unappealing to me to go for the tanking strategy. Two weak draft years are two years lost with non-franchise players because 1-2 teams managed to suck worse than you did or another team won the lottery and your 2nd or 3rd overall pick isn’t what you need him to be.

Changes have to be made in the organization of course, but your love of the Flyers current model would indicate Tanking isn’t necessary, all their top pieces in place have nothing to do with lottery selections. Better scouting and player development are what the team needs.

118. sholi2000.com says:

Chicago, TB, Anaheim all built winners on NA players.  Players who suck it up and play when they’re hurt, players who all they do is dream about winning the Cup.

These Europeans are dead to be.

Plecs- Seeya

Kosts – See ya

Markov—-he’s needed to get us into the playoffs, and like every other year pulls a hang nail.

What’s that?  We don’t get paid for playoffs?

Buy Canadian!  Try it one draft year and see.

We got the goaltending, build around it.

They Call Me Shane

119. SeriousFan09 says:

Damn Markov for tearing his ACL, why doesn’t he play like a man? Who needs a vital ligament in their knee to perform in one of the most grueling activities on the planet? Plekanec helped shut down Crosby and Ovechkin through the playoffs, defensive forward role who spent long minutes on the PK every game, covering up teammate mistakes while he played with one effective linemate at best through the whole series. Kostitsyns disappointed yes, but Markov and Pleks were key players for us.

Markov switched to a more defensive role in the playoffs because that’s what we needed from him. Along the way, he had to perpetuate the sham of carrying MAB around like a boat anchor for part of the series. I defy Nicklas Lidstrom to carry that burden around and perform to his best level.