Pat Burns funeral Nov. 29 in Montreal

The funeral service for the late Pat Burns will be held Monday, Nov. 29 at 2:30 pm at Montreal’s Mary Queen of the World Cathedral, 1085 rue de la Cathédrale. A release from the New Jersey Devils says that Pat’s family will receive condolences beginning at 1:30 pm.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be sent in Pat’s memory to Maison Aube-Lumière, 220 rue Kennedy nord, Sherbrooke, QC J1E 2E7.

From our friend Rick Moffat of CJAD Radio-800, give a listen to this wonderful piece combining the voices of Pat Burns with Carey Price and former Burns-coached players Hal Gill, with Toronto, and Brian Gionta and Scott Gomez, with New Jersey.

1. breast-cancer-treatment says:

Brush up on your rules before making a comment which you are totally wrong. It was no BS call it was the right call. The Leafs made a pass from thier own zone and when Kadri recieved the pass he was alredy accross the Habs blue line therefore putting himself offside. There was no intentional offside just offside. Since the pass came from within the Leafs zone the face off takes place from where the pass came from. This was the correct call. You should read your rules next time before you make a BS call. To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

2. The Teacher says:

To be a devil’s advocate, I believe Gomez’s cap hit is not the same as his actual salary. I think Dallas would enjoy that trade to meet the cap floor yet still not pay out as much.

3. LA Loyalist says:

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read all day. Of course it’s also the first thing I’ve read, as it’s only 06:30 here.

“I coach hard work” Pat Burns

4. slapshot777 says:

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

5. SeriousFan09 says:

Dallas has financial hardships, part of the reason they haven’t talked with Richards about a new contract is the ownership situation. Gomez’s contract is probably a non-starter for them with a strict internal budget.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

6. habs4ever2894 says:

To Montreal: Brad Richards

To Dallas: Scott Gomez

2nd round pick 2010

7. avatar_58 says:

By the by – I’m no Leaf fan, but am I the only habs fan who found that first goal to be BS? Intentional off-side? What the hell does that even mean? I doubt Kadri *wanted* to be off side on that pass. He didn’t look down and was over the line. Oops. So it goes to the other end and we get a shorty on a lucky bounce.

MAYBE it’s just me, but “interference” and “intentional off side” rules make my blood boil. They never make a lick of sense and seem to be called at random intervals. Seriously. This time it helped us, but could easily have been called AGAINST us.

8. SeriousFan09 says:

The latest report is the swelling hasn’t come down enough for the definitive tests, he’s heading to the Cleveland Clinic on Tuesday for final evaluation.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

9. samTHEman says:

Markov supposively passed an MRI test this friday in Cleveland. No official release from the team yet on the length of his absence and severity of the injury? I`m guessing we`ll hear something tomorrow.

10. LA Loyalist says:

Koivu has 9 goals already. Gomez has 2.

Oh, I forgot, Gomez isn’t supposed to score. Just everyone around him sucks.

“I coach hard work.” Pat Burns