Parros will return to Habs’ lineup against Blackhawks

The Canadiens held an optional skate Saturday morning in Brossard before facing the Chicago Blackhawks Saturday night at the Bell Centre (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, TSN Radio 690). Defenceman Andrei Markov was the only healthy player who didn’t take part in the skate.

Coach Michel Therrien confirmed that George Parros will be in the lineup against the defending Stanley Cup champions after recovering from his second concussion of the season. Parros hasn’t played since Dec. 14, missing 12 games.

With Parros returning to the lineup, defenceman Francis Bouillon will be a healthy scratch as the Canadiens go back to dressing six defencemen instead of seven.

Carey Price will start in goal for the Canadiens. Chateauguay native Corey Crawford, a graduate of Howard S. Billings High School, will start for the Blackhawks.

This marks the first time the Blackhawks will play in Montreal since April 5, 2011.

(Photo by Dave Sidaway/The Gazette)

Habs vs. Blackhawks preview, NHL.com

Game Day Report, Canadiens.com

Words from the Habs’ room (video), Canadiens.com

Gameday Buzz, Chicagoblackhawks.com

Hawks goalie Crawford getting back in the groove, Chicago Tribune

Blackhawks interviews (video), Chicagoblackhawks.com

Therrien and Subban play down benching, by The Gazette’s Brenda Branswell

Junior coach helped build Subban into an Olympian, by The Gazette’s Stu Cowan

Could playing at Olympics change Subban for the better? SI.com

Meet the man who keeps Brandon Prust in one piece, by The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs

Prust’s buzz cut not a hit with girlfriend, by Dave Stubbs

Canadiens legends photo gallery, SI.com

Classic photos of Blackhawks legend Bobby Hull, SI.com

Iconic Blackhawks photo gallery, SI.com

1. on2ndthought says:

I’d give up a second round pick for Grigorenko right now. He’d probably blow up this year. There is an off chance MT’s personal development program would work with the help of Marky, Emelin and Chucky (who seems to have a good head on his shoulders). If so, we get the big center with skill everyone is saying we need.

As far as Hickey is concerned, he no doubt has more access to information, that just doesn’t mean he makes better use of the info he has. I’m sure there is a lot of on and off ice stuff I miss, but there are things I can see and will comment on. It’s just up to MB and MT to listen to whom they will and make the decisions we can talk about.

“a cannonading drive”

2. JUST ME says:

Should be a neat game tonight. Clean slate. No cheating. Hope the game will be close so we have a chance. Will be looking at all aspects of the game cause those Black Hawks are IT and it will be interresting to see where we are beside them and behind them. Go habs go !

3. Landof10000lakesHab says:

M Grigorenko refuses to accept demotion to the Q. Ouch.. so glad Habs made the right choice on that pick (Galchenyuk). Thinking new Sabres GM will be moving him to the West or risk losing to the KHL. Unfortunate as he is not yet consistent enough for the NHL, too young for the AHL, and not much left to learn from the CHL.

4. IdleNoMore says:

The jets finally figured it out with buff when will the habs move pk where he should be?

“He was chewing Juicy Fruit gum, I didn’t know whether to shake his hand or kiss him”

5. Habitant in Surrey says:

…notwithstanding My support of sitting P.K. last game, I don’t see the logic in playing Parros against a team like the Blackhawks

…what’s the purpose ? …He will be eatin’ alive by Chicago’s skill

• IdleNoMore says:

settle down he’s not playing in goal

• CharlieHodgeFan says:

Is it possible Parros has developed blazing speed that will catch the Hawks off guard? I doubt a team as good as Chicago plans to goon it up – it’s usually the weaker, less confident team trying to throw a bone to the fans watching an expected defeat that dresses its thugs.

Mmm, wait a minute….

• Savardian Spin-o-rama says:

Naw, more likely he acquired a skill in the arts like piano playing or painting. Not much use for that on the ice. Maybe he could accompany the anthem singer or paint Prices mask?

• Habilis says:

Agreed. But we have a grand total of 12 healthy forwards including him. Is it better to play 7 D and force a forward to double shift? Maybe, maybe not. But why aren’t there more options than Parros or 7 D?

I just don’t understand why we haven’t called anyone up.

• johnnylarue says:

I believe this is an honest attempt/opportunity for George to prove his worth as an actual hockey player (i.e. and not a fighter).

I’m more than a little skeptical…

6. Trollhunter says:

If hoping PK grows up and learns from this makes someone stupid and outrageous then slap me the most stupid GIT to ever walk the earth…

Regards,
    Stupid Git

7. HabFan in Edmonton says:

Personally I think the reaction to the benching of Subban is way over the top. Therrien has to do what he thinks is best for the long term interest of the team (helping Subban grow) and PK is a big boy and can take it, he seems to have no problem with it and understands the decision. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

• PrimeTime says:

New site name “Mountains out of Molehills”

“Fans are entitled to express their opinion, but most of the comments on talk radio and on The Gazette’s Hockey Inside/Out website ranged from the mildly uninformed to the outrageously stupid” – Pat Hickey.

• HabFan in Edmonton says:

I guess that’s why we are called “fans”, isn’t that short for fanatics? Look on the bright side, I would rather be debating this than be a Leaf fan right now.

8. aHabGrowsInBrooklyn says:

If it helps put this to rest… I am the single “outrageously stupid” poster on HIO. I define the extreme, and it is my stupidity to which Mr Hickey refers. The rest of you are “mildly uninformed”, with the odd “somewhat vague”, but no one else quite sinks to my level of stupidity. So, give Mr Hickey a break: you’re all taking this way too personal, when you were not the subject of Mr Hickey’s comment. Idiotically yours, CJ, a Hab fan in Brooklyn

9. Reflektor says:

Hoping for an exciting, close and cleanly fought game. I’m seeing Price having an awesome game.

10. HabsFansince49 says:

I take exception to Pat Hickey’s arrogant and presumptuous comments in the thread on Subban when he wrote in defence of Therrien’s benching of Subban: “Fans are entitled to express their opinion, but most of the comments on talk radio and on The Gazette’s Hockey Inside/Out website ranged from the mildly uninformed to the outrageously stupid”.
    Give us a break Pat! Most if not all fans on this site even old timers like myself are simply passionate Habs fans and not experts like yourself who have access to “informed information” (excuse grammar). We are often mystified by some of Therrien’s decisions – explain would you why Briere is playing; talk about why Bourque is not benched for longer periods of time; and why we keep using the same PP combination regardless of how much it fails. What about Bournival? And what does Eller suffer the revolving door syndrome when he is faced almost nightly with different line mates? And why are we shuffling lines at this point in the season?
    Given that there are reasonable explanations to these questions, I still get annoyed when some expert calls me outrageous simply because I love the Habs and don’t understand what is happening.

• JUST ME says:

If you are a fan since so long as your nickname makes us think then you have seen rain and plenty of Stanley Cups. Personnaly i have seen 12 and can feel for the ones who have yet to see one. The Halak push made me realize how hungry the youngsters were and that anyone under 30 is in the same situation. O.K. i noticed also that i am getting old but let`s get back to the subject…

I kind of agree with mister Hickey cause those things need to be said by someone in the media cause regular joes like you and me will be delt with as blind fans.

I like the passion in Habs fan who will do anything to try to make the team better. What i do not like is lies and stories that were invented from A to Z and more often then not moderators from HIO get into the same blame game. Burt when they are wrong they never come back to admit it they just keep those rumors alive that have nothing to do with reality.

I read thing here and elsewhere that are borderline accusations and could be delt with in a court of law in any other situation. But because those are the Habs anything goes.
      Now as i said i understand that some are frustrated and maybe i am more patient having been through the winning process quite often but that should not allow any kind of lies and unfounded attacks.

• habcertain says:

The only real difference, beside his journalism experience, between Hickey and the rest of us, is he is paid to air his opinions, but it is still just an opinion.

• B says:

Don’t you think that Hickey in the context of his job might be in on more of what is happening with and around the team than most of “the rest of us”? I am not saying that his opinions are more valid, but I would think they are more informed than most of ours (even if I don’t always agree with them).

–Go Habs Go!–

• B says:

I have seen comments at both ends of the spectrum outlined by Hickey for “most” (not all) comments on the subject. Perhaps you are being included in what Hickey referred to as the “mildly uninformed”? Is that so harsh considering you claim that you “don’t understand what is happening”? Perhaps you are not even in the “most”? Why do you assume that Hickey is referring to you specifically as one of the “outrageously stupid”?

–Go Habs Go!–

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…anyOne here that bothers to read Me, knows Michel Therrien was not My choice for Our Coach

…but, I feel sorry for Therrien, and PK, that there are yahoo Fans that go off on all kinds of tangents on the most normal circumstances

…these Fans think They are simply passionate and engaged, but there is a point it becomes ‘sick’, obsessive and beyond the pale

…these Fans, instead of contributing to a ‘winning environment’ for Our Players and Coaching staff to exist in, instead overwhelm them by the pressure, personal insults and invasion of privacy

…Quebec, Montreal, politically and socially have already too much sturm und drang to deal with without the yahoo types that make Their living in Montreal miserable and repressive

…We finally are having hope that Players of a superstar nature are again a part of Our future

…but, I feel sorry for Therrien having to deal with quasi-racial connotations when trying to do what a coach is paid to do

…Fans, if They are intelligent, should be part of a fertile environment for athletes to perform in, not a claustrophobic nut-house

• habcertain says:

I feel sorry for PK to have to put up with crap that his coach, who has limited people skills and doesn’t seem to understand the environment that he himself was a contributor ( AC commentator) to, keeps leveling at him. PK is an established star, and major award winner, in this league. He has been selected to represent his country at the highest level of hockey on the highest skilled team but we are to believe that benching your best player, in a winnable scenario, for half a periods for taking a penalty is an appropriate move? This just isn’t a one time event but a constant calling out, publicly, and inference to his lack of team approach, character etc. We are all entitled to draw our own opinions, and it appears a large majority of fans believe it is over the top. This will be Therrien’s last job in the the NHL, can’t wait for the circus to end.

• WAR72 says:

I agree.
      When has hickey or hio ever really broken a story?
      They call themselves journalists, but they cover hockey.
      A sport for children played by men.
      They watch the game then report. With their own interpretations, just like the rest of us. So they get paid. Still no real difference.
      Tell us whats really going with the habs. Not just report facts we all know from watching the game.
      Hickey might think he is mark twain, but the dumbed down stories of the gazette, written for six year olds, makes him more of a poor mans dr. Seuss.
      I still love this site. But for all the posters, not for the content.
      So, hickey, tell me who is gonna be traded, if anyone? Do you know more than me and my mildly mis informed opinion?

• B says:

I would imagine Hickey does know more than most of us (certainly me, perhaps even you?) about what goes on with and around the team. There is also a lot of stuff that he is not able to share. Even if I don’t always agree with his opinions, I appreciate his insights and envy him having a job that involves the Canadiens so significantly. We should all be so fortunate.

–Go Habs Go!–

11. GL says:

Score for tonight. 3 – 1 Hawks

12. on2ndthought says:

First: Parros may get challenged tonight; CHI has Bollig and Bickell.
    2nd: He may NOT have to respond because this is not BOS, TOR, OTT, BUF, PHI.
    3rd: MT has last change, so he can cushion Parros more today and Tues than he will be able to against OTT or TOR next week.
    4th: everybody has to find out if GP can do what he signed on to do; sooner or later MT has to put his healthy players into the line-up. MB has to know if an enforcer is still a priority.
    Last: weird feeling, 4 -0 by mid 2nd. We win 6-3.

I don’t predict often, guess I got caught up by the thread,

“a cannonading drive”

13. Habitant in Surrey says:

…like a medieval knight (call Me Sir Shootsalot :) ) I have been crusading for Our Montreal Canadiens to retire Toe Blake’s number 6 …and add His banner in the rafters next to Our other former Greats

…some of You may believe Toe was only a Great Coach, and as a Player, did not quite rate such an honor …and/or, do not want yet another low-number retired and unavailable to contemporary Players

…maybe unaware Toe Blake also was a great hockey Player, won an NHL scoring championship, the Hart Trophy and a Lady Byng, led Our Habs in scoring in 6 seasons of His Hall Of Fame playing career

…Hector ‘Toe’ Blake was an key component with The Rocket and Elmer Lach on ‘The Punch Line’, which was the most feared scoring line of it’s day

…most younger Fans understandably remember Toe Blake mainly as the genius Coach of the Montreal Canadiens at the cusp of Our Golden Era …the Golden Era that most of Us, whether We know it or not, were inspired to follow Our Habs as if it was ‘a religion’ unto It’s own

…Toe Blake’s name is on 11 rings of the Stanley Cup; …8 as Our Coach, …2 as a Player for the Montreal Canadiens …and one as a Montreal Maroon

…Toe Blake was the ‘heart and soul’ motivator Whom inspired and ‘showed the way’ to Our great Players of the time, both as a Player and Captain, …and as Our Coach

…His Legacy is greatly taken for granted, I strongly believe, by the fact that Toe Blake’s number 6 is not represented yet in the rafters of the Bell Centre

…the totality of Toe Blake’s legacy, as a Player and Our Coach, to the History and exceptional success of the Montreal Canadiens becoming the most famous brand in the hockey world is way past the overdue stage

…I request all Montreal Canadiens Fans to join with Ian Cobb and I to right a wrong

…We would like to encourage all Montreal Canadiens Fans whom agree with the objective to make Their opinions known to Geoff Molson and Montreal Canadiens executive board, that a special game night to honor Toe Blake’s number 6 with a banner in the Bell Centre is long-overdue

…if this is something You would like to make right as I and Ian do, I provide the following mail contacts to send Your requests to ‘Retire Number 6 !!!’

Geoff Molson: President and Owner

Kevin Gilmore: Vice President of Operations

Send your testimonial to:

c/o The Montreal Canadiens

1909, avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
    Montreal, QC, CANADA
    H3C 5L2

…merci beaucoup :)

• on2ndthought says:

I actually think we should have a “Wall of Honor” and raise these numbers with the players’ names, but then ‘un-retire’ the sweater. Why shouldn’t Galchenyuk get a chance at # 9 or #4. I know most will not agree….

“a cannonading drive”

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…overall, it doesn’t make a difference to Me whether the numbers are used today by present-day Players

…as long as Toe is finally recognized

…it is really a shame on Us that He is yet to have such, considering lesser significant Players to Our history have been

14. GL says:

If you think the Habs are going to beat the Hawks tonight I suggest you check the teams over all. Habs are no comparison to the Hawks and will not win tonight. Can’t say how close the score will be but the 2-points will be going to the Hawks.

we are minus one of our top-6 and no one to replace him. That leaves us with-5. Stuff like that doesn’t help. Just makes us a little bit weaker!!

15. aHabGrowsInBrooklyn says:

Why? Why Parros versus the Hawks? Why?

16. adadi says:

ManU looking good this afternoon.

17. Habitant in Surrey says:

@JF

…Jane, Mom (after My Dad passed away) lived at Rosedale and Cote Saint Luc Road …learned to play hockey at the outdoor rink at Coronation and Fielding (is it still there ? :)

…the Bulldogs just won their 6th straight against Rochester Americans, 2-1

…going by the 2 games the Bulldogs played vs the Abbotsford Heat out here in Lotusland, the ‘Dogs are starting to jell defensively

…Pateryn, Dietz, Ellis and Tinordi among others are starting to show significant improvement

…I am also anxious for one or two of this group to be ready sometime in the balance of this season

_________________________________________________________
    Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

…and, last, but not least: FREE P.K. !!!

• JF says:

The outdoor rink at Coronation and Fielding has become a CH rink – one of five NHL-sized rinks with NHL ice sponsored by the CH. I went to the official opening last winter. Geoff Molson and Marc Bergevn were there, as well as a few of the players – Eller, Gorges, Bouillon, and a few others. I was standing at the boards when Eller skated by me a couple of feet away. I had no idea he was so big – also so good-looking!

Sorry – just realized the CH rink is farther east (Madison and Fielding), but I think there is still an outdoor rink in your old spot. There’s a big park there with an ugly concrete school and a lot of playing fields.

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…I remember it was at that rink I was first exposed to the vast difference between NHL skills and the ordinary hockey player

…Billy Hicke use to frequently skate around the rink as He, John Ferguson and Terry Harper moved into My building when first called up to Montreal

…Hicke would join with Me and My Friends in scrimmages and warm-ups circling the rink …the speed He did it at left Our jaws agape :)

• rhino514 says:

perhaps defensively, but offensively no one on that team is showing enough to play at the NHL level.
      The habs deseprately need a right-handed Dman, which would allow Emelin to play his natural side. So if someone were to be called up I think it should be Pateryn.
      I am still guessing they will go the trade route and try and get an established Dman; they have tons of cap space and no doubt will be making moves.
      I just hope there are no more Campoli, Drewiske, Murray type signings. Either get someone who is good, or promote one of the kids if they can´t.

• Johnny9 says:

Good news…i hope they can replace the useless pilons that are Gorges, Diaz and Bouillon!

18. Habitant in Surrey says:

@JF

…the Bulldogs just won their 6th straight against Rochester Americans, 2-1

…for the foreseeable future I will be annoyingly and shamelessly crusading for Our Montreal Canadiens to retire Toe Blake’s number 6 …and add His banner in the rafters next to Our other former Greats
    …now some of You may believe Toe was only a Great Coach, and as a Player, did not quite rate such an honor …and/or do not want yet another low-number unavailable to contemporary Players
    …maybe forgetting Toe Blake won an NHL scoring championship, the Hart Trophy and a Lady Byng, and led Our Habs in scoring in 6 seasons of His Hall Of Fame playing career …He was an essential component with The Rocket and Elmer Lach on ‘The Punch Line’ which was the most feared scoring line of it’s day
    …most remember Toe Blake as the genius Coach of the Montreal Canadiens at the cusp of Our Golden Era …the Golden Era that most of Us were inspired by to follow Our Habs as if it was ‘a religion’ unto It’s own
    …Toe Blake’s name is on 11 rings of the Stanley Cup; 8 as Our Coach, 2 as a Player for the Montreal Canadiens and one as a Montreal Maroon
    …Toe Blake was the ‘heart and soul’ Whom inspired and ‘showed the way’ to Our great Players of the time, both as a Player and as Our Coach
    …His Legacy is greatly taken for granted, I strongly believe, by the fact Toe Blake’s number 6 is not represented yet in the rafters of the Bell Centre
    …the totality of Toe Blake’s legacy, as a Player and Our Coach, to the History and exceptional success of the Montreal Canadiens as the most famous brand in the hockey world is way past the overdue stage
    …I wish to request all Montreal Canadiens Fans to join with Ian Cobb and I to right a wrong
    …I suggested to Ian to theme this year’s Summit on Toe Blake …to incorporate some homage to Toe …maybe even make a request to Hurley’s Tavern to try to replicate the ambiance of the famed former Toe Blake’s Tavern
    …I will leave that to Ian, of what is doable in that regard …knowing Ian, He is more than capable (Note Bene: such may not be possible this October, because of the projected lock-out)
    …meanwhile, some clear input must be made by Habs’ Fans that agree with the objective, to let Their feelings and opinions be known to Geoff Molson and Montreal Canadiens Management
    …that means You !!! Boys and Girls
    …if anyOne out there have other suggestions please let Ian and I know …they will be considered and appreciated

The following are the most relevant to send your testimonial to Retire Number 6 !!!:
    Geoff Molson: President and Owner (Twitter; @gmolsonchc)
    Kevin Gilmore: VP Operations

Send your testimonial to:

[Name of person]
    c/o The Montreal Canadiens
    1909, avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
    Montreal, QC, CANADA
    H3C 5L2

_________________________________________________________
    Michel F.Therrien ???: HIS’ new Official Habs’ Fan Theme Song; Morrissey/The Smiths ‘Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfkvPnjb9hs

HIS’ alternative HIO Official Theme Song: ‘MTL Stand-up !': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK0l0XEW3Dw

HIS’ Get It Up ! pre-game musical intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=R5mMRiiCwak&NR=1
    _________________________________________________________
    HIO’s BC Odd Couple: UCe, the supercilious stickler; and HIS, the stubbornly relentless ‘schismatist’ :)
    _________________________________________________________
    What I WANT ! is an aircraft carrier at centre and nuclear destroyers on each wing going to the net like bats out of Hell !, …NO MORE rubber duckies !!!
    _________________________________________________________
    Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

Bring Back Boone, and send Hickey to Hamilton !!!

…and, last, but not least: FREE PUSSY RIOT !!!

19. AH says:

Huge test tonight, the BIG GUNS are in town!

Gee I hope Parros does not fight tonight! Just one good tap on the chin and it’s lights out on his career!
    Everyone in the league knows it as well!

• IdleNoMore says:

So dumb. Sick of people saying this and having no idea about anything. How many boxers / ufc guys have been rocked once twice or three times and have come back fine and never got knocked out again?

I’ll end this once and for all.
      $500 bet if he fights tonight he has no issues

• IdleNoMore says:

?

Pay pal is waiting

• Gerry H says:

Looking to set a new benchmark for obnoxiousness?

Winning…

• IdleNoMore says:

Ian like many others that post on here and think people don’t remember, has been crying for a enforcer for years now.

We finally get one and now he wants him to be a healthy scratch for the rest of the season. Can’t have it both ways.

My bet still stands.

ALSO
            Winning? Is this still 2012 errrrrrrrrrrrr?

21. Alex says:

Going to see the game in my hometown against the Sens on Thursday and then making the trip to Toronto with some friends to watch us beat the Laffs on Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday! Very excited to see two games this coming weekend, and here’s hoping for two Habs wins!

22. Storm Man says:

I will post all the fun things to do when I get back.

23. Chuck says:

In case Boone doesn’t post the traditional reverse-jinx, here’s one of my own:

We’re getting our asses kicked tonight. Carey goes down with knee ligament damage by the halfway mark of the first period. We’re doomed.

24. Mavid says:

I am pretty sure Parros can decide if he is ready to play or not..I for one am happy to see the stache play..if nothing else he is some fine eye candy..

Weed Wacker Grandma Smurf

25. Stevie.Ray says:

The Habs should create a Scott Gomez Award that goes to the biggest waste of space that plays the most minutes. Campoli, Kaberle, and of course Gomez have taken home the hardware, but it appears this years team has several contenders.

26. Wintercount says:

Good game tonight, Boone. Keep sayin’ it like you see it.

27. Johnny9 says:

Can anyone tell me why Gorges didnt make team canada?? a travesty!!!! Imagine how valuable his “here we go now” before each period would motivate team canada to gold!

28. Danno says:

HI/O has suddenly become a predict-a-palooza.

What’s your prediction for tonight?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

29. Storm Man says:

I won’t say anything bad about how the team plays as I’m of to Fiji Sunday :)

30. B says:

I hope Hudon and Grégoire are both in the lineup tonight for Baie-Comeau vs Nevins and Rouyn-Noranda (and all 3 have good games).

–Go Habs Go!–

31. The Jackal says:

On the new 24CH MT has a funny motivational speech before the Nashville game.
    He says he wants the Habs to come out and compete, to play hungry.
    He tells them that if he takes them out to dinner at Moishes they will be very hungry, but if they are gonna go out to dinner and eat 3 Big Macs beforehand, they won’t appreciate the meal.
    Funny stuff from MT… He looks like he appreciated some Big Macs during his time with RDS though :P

______________________
    Hockey sine stercore tauri.

32. B says:

If the Habs lose to the 1st overall Blackhawks tonight, do Therrien and Bergevin get roasted here for it?

–Go Habs Go!–

33. jimmy shaker says:

PLeks, the most tossed out of the face off dot guy in history.

If the bell centre installs the blue dasher along the ice like the forum was and joe louis arena use to have as well as quebec I believe, then they will win the cup this year hands down. I knew there was something else wrong instead of player personnel and coaching.

cheers,

Shaker out!

34. Storm Man says:

Is that 100 us or Canadian ?

35. frontenac1 says:

“Stache and Crankshaft in. I like it. Send a message. Habs 3 Hawks 2. Vas-y Les Boys!

36. Storm Man says:

What was the spread Dec 2 1995? I will lay money on that.

So, what are the bets for the spread tonight. I say Hawks by 4 goals. See, I am not always negative.

• Denjen says:

You make me so angry sometimes Timo!

• PrimeTime says:

I’ll take those odds. Put me down for $100 that Habs cover.

• frontenac1 says:

I’ll take some of that action amigo. Double shot of Single Malt at next year’s summit.

• CJ says:

I’ll put $100 down on that. Thanks Timo.

• Eddie says:

Commandant, prior to the Kristo trade, who was our best forward prospect, the one most likely to jump into the NHL this season?

Kristo played in the World Championships last Spring, did he not, against NHL players?

Kristo may not have moved his game forward since then, but wasn’t he our best forward prospect heading into the Draft and July 1 free agency?

I thought so.

38. Denjen says:

Hey guys. my hope is that PK plays more than just a few shifts and pp time in the big at Sochi. we watch him everyday and now what he is capable of he be just as dynamic defensively as offensively! that being said the other guys are damn good too i guess i like to see our boy on the ice. agree with you to Ian good article by stu.

Great article Stu. LINK ABOVE.
    This whole Belleville town follows his every move, from age 16 to today! People like PK come along to seldom! Go get that gold PK,!!!
    Junior coach helped build Habs’ P.K. Subban into an Olympian.

40. Gally27 says:

Hawks win 5-1

41. montreal ace says:

I hope Bourque has a good game tonight, I love the talent he has, and I think he could be really good if he gets on a roll. He is a player that is fast, tuff and has a great shot. I don’t understand why people think he is a floater, I have seen him hustle on the ice, but he is just not getting the results.

• 416erHabsFan says:

He has honestly never shown any of that “talent” you claim he has since he landed here. “fast,tuff and has a great shot”? He has had more than enough time to prove this and hasn’t. I would love for him to prove me wrong from this point forward .

42. mksness says:

why do i have this feeling the habs will get lit up tonight?

43. JF says:

What an absolutely foul day in Montreal. Rain, ice everywhere, the sidewalks are like skating rinks, and if you walk in the road, you have to get out of the way every 20 seconds for cars. Just walked up to Mondou on Côte St. Luc Road (a 20-minute walk) and back with a packsack of cat food, slipping and sliding on the ice, being splashed by the cars…. Nothing good can come of such a day except its end, so I’m predicting a loss tonight.

As for the lineup, what is the point of starting Parros against the Blackhawks? I’d prefer Bouillon, who can at least skate. I don’t understand why there have been no call-ups.

44. DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Keith and Doughty were the best D-men BY FAR in the last Olympics…how do you not vote for one of them???

45. @NHLPA @PK76@shoi2000

too funny, PK and Therrien walking to the arena, side by side then Therrien picks up the pace, so PK picks up the pace faster. Therrien tries to keep up but can’t. PK is seen laughing, Therrien grabs a clump of snow and nails PK in the back. PK yells “oh no udidint”, tackles Therrien, and gets into the arena first.

Classic PK! :lol:

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Summit Member 1.29.31.33

• PrimeTime says:

Then the media and Cult PK claim that Therrien once again attacks PK.

• The Jackal says:

Is this true?

______________________
      Hockey sine stercore tauri.

46. Danno says:

How come Dan Hamhuis’s mom gets to vote four times? :mrgreen:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

47. PrimeTime says:

Who makes up these poll questions…. Headline writers or market surveyors?

48. Bogie Man says:

Parros really? It is not the fans role to question the decisions of the coach, but REALLY? I think the game tonight will be closer in score than most of us on this board may think. Les boys play better usually against teams higher up in the standing than we are than teams below. I do not thnk they will win but I am guessing maybe a 3-2 loss optimistically.

49. Parros? Strike Three Therrien!

The four shifts he gets, the Hawks score two.

Changing my score.

Habs 5
    Hawks 3

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Summit Member 1.29.31.33

• Danno says:

I sticking to my 4-1 Habs victory over the Blackhawks prediction because now it’s even more improbable!

Does that make sense?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
      Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

I think you have to give MT the benefit if the doubt here. Do you want to send Parros in against another goon his first game? Maybe this is a way to ease Parros back. I know Parros is not good but there are many that have not been playing well. At leas he can do one thing right.

• I don’t want to see Parros at all :lol:

I have no idea how serious his concussions are, but he’s one hit away from retirement. Don’t know which hit, but I know concussions.

Shane Oliver
        Twitter @Sholi2000
        Custom Sports Figures
        Summit Member 1.29.31.33

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

I am not a medical expert so I can not comment on George’s health. All I know is one thing. If he is one typical punch/hit away from permanent injury, I hope the Habs do the right thing and release him. I remember when Gainey almost ruined Boullion’s career by sending him in hurt against the Bruins in the playoffs. A players health should be always first priority.

• Danno says:

Sitting down PK. Not pulling Budaj. Dressing Parros against a skilled team… Not decisions you normally associate with a coach that wants to win two points. Just saying… But I’m still sticking to my 4-1 prediction anyways :mrgreen:

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
        Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

• PrimeTime says:

Or perhaps the coach considers a bigger picture than just 2 points. Fans views are much more myopic. A win or loss tonight defines nothing.

• mksness says:

ease him back? lol he’s not needed on this team. he might play 2 minutes tonight

• 24 Cups says:

Fans can’t blame Therrien for playing Parros, Murray or Bouillon. Those are all choices made by Bergevin so they will be here at least until the trade deadline.

50. on2ndthought says:

Good for Parros. This ‘Big George’ WANTS to play, and WANTS to provide the role he’s suited for to his team. Let’s assume the doctors have done their due diligence, and GP is smart enough to understand any risks he’s undertaking. I admit, this Blackhawks team might not be the ideal team to showcase his talents against. I’m just happy to have a big lad who wants to play with Les Glorieux. Victory!

“a cannonading drive”

51. adadi says:

Why start Parros? The Hawks are not known for their goonery. C’mon MB, bring up a real forward. This team can’t score and you bring in Parros…I’m starting to question your hockey sense as much as MT’s.

52. CJ says:

Number five, boom boom!

53. PrimeTime says:

So is Boone a “fan” now he is retired or is his Live Blog excluded from this quote?

• adadi says:

Yo Primey, in case you missed it 83% of the bloggers here agree with Boone and not with you. Time to step-off. Take the loser train somewhere else please.

• DDO_Habs_Fan says:

Don’t waste your time with this guy. He’s just here to insult people.

• PrimeTime says:

And 83% of people are here just to criticize players and management.

• PrimeTime says:

“Yo” pretty much much sums it up.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1367553-5-rules-on-how-to-wear-a-baseball-cap

54. HabFab says:

HabsWorld grades the forwards for their 2nd quarter play;

55. FANHABULOUS says:

Dos!
    ____________________________________
    “You will not regret picking me” – PK Subban.

56. Danno says:

Numero Uno!

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

57. CH Marshall says:

Particularly when we buy the gazette. That Theo Fleury piece was outrageous.