Parros, Murray will dress for Habs against Flyers

The Canadiens will be adding some size to their lineup when they face the Flyers Thursday night in Philadelphia (7 p.m., TSN-HABS, RDS, TSN Radio 690).

George Parros and Douglas Murray will be dressed for the game. Coach Michel Therrien didn’t say after Thursday’s morning skate which forward would sit to make room for Parros, while Murray will take Francis Bouillon’s place on the blue line.

Carey Price will start in goal.

Therrien will also reunite the kid line with Brendan Gallagher, Lars Eller and Alex Galechenyuk back together, while Daniel Briere will be on a line with David Desharnais and Max Pacioretty.

(Photo by John Mahoney/The Gazette)

Canadiens vs. Flyers preview, NHL.com

Game Day Report, Canadiens.com

Five Things: Flyers vs. Habs, philadelphiaflyers.com

Game notes, philadelphiaflyers.com

Briere returns to Philadelphia, NHL.com

Morning-skate Briere interview (video), Canadiens.com

Habs look ahead after loss to Kings, by Brenda Branswell

Prust’s next fight will be his 100th in NHL, by Dave Stubbs

A look at Prust’s rugged record, by Dave Stubbs

1. Bill says:

Katarina is the perfect massage therapist Timo. She is skilled, super hot, and a lesbian, so I can’t even start with her. It’s an ideal professional relationship!

2. JUST ME says:

He said truculent again ! Man this guy will never evolve and always remain a dinosaur.
    That being said i think that for now Burke is the guy needed in Calgary . This team needs an identity and a much better vision than it`s been showing for the last long long while…
    Can`t do much worse than Feaster …Even if Burke is capable to do the job a fresh start with new people is what the doctor orders for the Flames.

They need like MTL did a complete rebuild from the farm team up. They are such a long way from being able to compete with the rest of the western conference it`s sad. So let`s start to compete against Edmonton, Winnipeg and Vancouver and at least fans will be satisfied.

3. Bill says:

And by Tomo, I meant Timo.

4. Bill says:

Well Tomo, if it makes you feel any better, I had to give up my own massage sessions with Katarina because my kid has been going to the dentist more. Times are tough all over.

5. Bill says:

Luke, right, you hate Clapton. You are dead to me motherf****r.

• boing007 says:

Saw Clapton with Cream in ’66 at the Whisky A Go go with my two brothers and some friends. We were standing at the front of the stage. Clapton, Bruce and Baker were not more than ten feet away. My youngest brother, Eric, caught two of Ginger’s flying drumsticks during the show. He still has them. I suggested that we test them for DNA and put them up for sale on Ebay.

Richard R

6. CHicoHab says:

There are alot of regular and frequent great posters on this site. Cheers all!!

7. Bill says:

Timo, buddy, why are you having a shitty day?

8. Bill says:

Luke, that is pretty much exactly how I feel. You said it better than I did.

9. shiram says:

José Théodore to become an analyst for TVA.

He was a better goalie than Marc Denis, can he be a better analyst?

10. Bill says:

Thanks habsman, and post more often bud. I keep the smiling avatar just to keep it real.

11. Bill says:

Maksimir, you’re too funny man :)

12. shiram says:

Anyone excited about the game tonight?

I mean we can continue to discuss the usefulness of a player that plays 5 minutes a game, but we’ve already filled pages upon pages of that stuff on the HIO server.

• Timo says:

I am kind of a meh about tonight, but probably because I am having a shitty day so hockey is not the first thing on my mind today.

• shiram says:

Can’t say I’m very excited for it either.
        This is a low point in the season, every player is settled in for the season, and we’re all just waiting for the trade deadline and playoffs.
        Oh and the Olympics.

• Timo says:

World Junior will start in a couple of weeks… I used to enjoy it a lot but lately it has been a bit of turn off as well… perhaps because Canada hasn’t won gold in 4 years.

13. Luke says:

Dear Habs,

(Eller & Galchenyuk, I’m looking at you).

Please stop the soft, floaty backhand pass into the slot when it’s covered by the opposing D, and just whip a wrister into the goalie’s feet instead.

Thanks & Merry Christmas,

Me.

• krob1000 says:

I think Galchenyuk tries that more than any player I have seen in recent years. Even if belwo the goal line or all the way in the corner he does not hesitate to simply fire the puck towards the net.

• Luke says:

It drives me nuts… so when Galchenyuk does it, it really stands out. I know he throws the wristers at the goalie, and he needs to shoot more (maybe flip his wing?). I really just didn’t want to pick on Eller alone here.

You know, it’s like when your boss sends out the e-mail saying “we all need to be on HIO less” to everyone but you know it’s really Bill he’s referring to.

14. Bill says:

Luke: Have to agree in sticking up for Boston Pizza: ten dollar Pasta Tuesday is a god-send, and the staff … yeah, Front would approve, and so would Timo, and I have to admit, so do I.

15. Bill says:

MRonn: Yeah, maybe you took my blanket condemnation of the NHL’s goon culture to mean I thought Parros was a useless blight on the Habs or something. No. When he was signed, I said it would help in games against Toronto and Boston, and that since the league wasn’t doing anything to protect players, then the Habs could use somebody to do it for them. I even said that if we have to sign a goon, Parros would be my choice, because at least he is a colourful, interesting guy worthy of respect. At the same time, I was very critical of his early play, when the opposition seemed to score a goal every time he was on the ice. That was worrisome. Seems to have straightened out since then though. To come to a point and be absolutely clear, the NHL should eliminate staged fights and goons, but until they do, the Habs need a Parros when they play Boston, Toronto, Philly, and any other team that is looking to goon it up. I don’t want Prust to have to be this team’s “enforcer”.

16. monmick says:

Here is a list of players, past and present, who make the enforcer role unnecessary in that they can fight anybody and more than hold their own if called upon, yet are above-average skilled hockey players. Chara. Lucic. Shayne Corson. Larry Robinson. Jarome Iginla. Bill Guerin. Eric Lindros. Wayne Primeau. Evander Kane. Chris Pronger. Here are others. You have a few guys like this on your team and you don’t need an enforcer…

17. Maritime Ronn says:

Bill

Having you not considering me an idiot is both flattering and a relief.
    There are some that may disagree with you….
    :-)

In all honesty, perhaps I may have misunderstood your posts from the past as there appeared to be a blanket statement of negativity towards Parros and his complete uselessness for the Habs.

For the record, I am not a fan of George Parros ‘the hockey player’….and would prefer an LA style Jordan Nolan/Kyle Clifford type to fill that 4th line spot, yet since the Habs are still a small squad with 40% of the regular skaters (8 of 20) between 5’7″ and 5’11”, Parros is needed .

18. Maksimir says:

Anyone here use, is on Google+

A buddy has a Habs fan community on there… its nice because you can post pics/vids/links and actually +1 people like you used to around here:

19. Bill says:

@strangestsensation, I really think you should reconsider the tone of your reply. I get along very well with about 95% of the people who post here, despite our differing opinions on lots of things, one of which would be goons in the NHL. Guys like Hobie, and MRonn, and Burly, and countless others manage to respond civilly: why can’t you? Can’t we all just get along? For the record, I do have a job, and yes my bosses would probably prefer I didn’t post here during work hours, but I am hoping no one here will rat me out :) Also, that is my real name in my profile, not sure what you meant by that. I don’t include my last name for privacy reasons, which I think most people would understand. If I personally pollute the airwaves around here, well, fair enough, but I try to keep it civil as much as humanly possible … except during games against Boston. My bad there. Anyway, I think you are misinterpreting me a bit, and I hope you will be more accepting of our difference in opinion in the future.

• habsman-itoba says:

Hi Bill, While I don’t post here often at all, I do read everyday. Just to let you know, whether I agree with you or not, I have always enjoyed your posts and attitude, I suppose your smiling avatar helps :)

Go HAbs!

20. CHicoHab says:

I’m concerned that lasagna got a thumbs up at BP.

• mrhabby says:

lol…I was kayaking in Pembroke with my son..we went to the local BP it seemed great at the time…+ a few beers to wash it all down.

• Luke says:

Yah I agree. It';s not my style of bar or restaurant, to be honest, but its close to work.

The jambalaya, i like that. (On $10 pasta Tuesday).

The Pizzaburger is solid, too. It really is.

The staff at the local are a big thumbs up too. Front would approve.

21. Hobie Hansen says:

So the poll seems about right so far. Boy that 20% of people sure do a lot of whining around here. By the comments here you’d figure it was the opposite and that 80% wouldn’t want Parros on the team.

Good to see all the support for Parros in the poll!

Thought the same thing Hobie, well perhaps I used the term vocal in my thoughts instead of whiny. :)

• Cal says:

It’s the MAD argument that was used in the Cold War years. Mutually Assured Destruction. The best that can be achieved is detente.
      Some will think that the US “won” that prolonged nonsense, but in the end no one really did and both sides now have thousands of nuclear missiles just waiting for a mistake or a loony or a mistaken loony to blow the world up.

• DipsyDoodler says:

Parros cannot play hockey. It would be nice if he could but he can’t. This is why he plays like 60-80 minutes per season.

• adamkennelly says:

I agree…in my world – Habs would not have taken so long to address their glaring need and we would not necessarily have an aging Parros filling this role. In an ideal world MB would have grabbed Kassian last year (still pissed about that) or even better Luke Gadzic who went to EDM on waiver from Dallas…both 10+ years younger and better players…

that being said – happy to have big George around – he should play more often. Plenty of floaters out there – sit one of them and double shift the good players…

• Luke says:

Perhaps, people notice those who disagree to a larger extent than those who agree.

I thought the pro-fighting crowd was more whiny (ok, vocal) that us non-fighters.

Though truthfully, I love a hockey fight. I just don’t think they belong. I’ll cheer for ‘em, hope Parros wins ‘em. But if it comes down to Parros and a fight vs Bournival and a scoring chance. I’ll take the scoring chance everytime.
      If Bournival drops ‘em with Giroux? Even better.

22. Bill says:

MRonn, you said you don’t know what it is I don’t get, and I don’t think there is anything actually. I support having Parros for games against teams like Toronto and Philly who both carry two full-time brawlers. I was disappointed that Prust still had to fight Thornton in the last Boston game: having Parros around to allow Prust to play hockey is the best reason I can think of to have a Parros. Didn’t work in that Boston game, oh well. I think that like you I would rather the NHL eliminated the goons and the staged fights, and that the Habs had a sufficiently big enough, physically tough enough team to compete in the corners for pucks with teams like LA. Actually, I am pretty sure that we don’t disagree on this subject at all. My post was a joking complaint about how the poll question will cause obnoxious idiots – not you obviously – to write irritating posts and pollute the airspace of HIO. That was all. I didn’t even comment on the actual question, if you look back.

23. Maritime Ronn says:

@ Bill

The poll question is absolutely legitimate, yet they should have qualified it such as :

With the Leafs dressing Colton Orr and McLaren – with Boston dressing Thornton and several others – with Buffalo dressing John Scott….is there a need for an enforcer like George Parros in certain games?

Bill, I’m not quite sure what it is that you don’t get.

From here, I despise the staged fight, and also have similar sentiments about a fight when a clean hit by a non-goon is answered by a goon, but the NHL is what it is!
    That is the reality of the NHL today, Bill.

Until that changes, the Habs cannot pretend it does not exist and along with its fans, complain and whine.

During the past several years, the Habs have been beat up, pushed around, and intimidated to the point where the skilled and talented players could not perform.

Would I like to see a better 4th liner-enforcer than Parros?
    One that can actually skate and contribute something?
    And why do you believe Prust was signed? For hs quick hands and goal scoring abilities?

The answer is of course, but these guys are few and far between and don’t come along often in the UFA market.

As for polls, perhaps if you polled the Habs themselves, several would answer that they love having George around – love having him on the bench against the more moronic teams even if he plays just 5-6 minutes.

Brendan Gallagher clearly CONFIRMED that during an RDS post game interview.

• Just a Habs Fan says:

Can’t expect Bill to support possible fighting but I have seen a couple of his posts that smell like he likes the possibility as long as Montreal wins them. Anyhow it’s too bad that some posters have to remind everyone at every opportunity of their disdain for anything that could possibly injure someone and I cringe for the day that is coming that players aren’t allowed to throw bodychecks…no lifting the puck etc…..laugh but that is the way it is going. Then Bill and Ians of the hockey world won’t have to copy paste their personal disdain for any sort of rough play or God forbid a fight.

• mrhabby says:

i can’t stand that clean hit action followed up by a visit from the other teams goon to try and send a message back to the player that delivered the hit that were not going to take it and you will have to answer the bell so be ready and be prepared to drop the gloves at any minute of the game and if the game ends in overtime folllowed by shoot out the player will not be forgotten about and if the teams meet again that player will still have to answer the bell by the other teams goon come hell or high water.

• Luke says:

It’s funny, people are afraid that removing fight from the game will remove hitting… BUT at this point keeping fighting in the game may remove hitting.

If Eller has to fight (or is jumped by) Simmonds or Hartnell (or Rosehill) because he lays out Giroux with a clean shoulder to the chest… well that may make him reconsider the next big, clean hit.

• mrhabby says:

Luke..have no issue with fighting i suppose. i guess it is what is even though most of the time it has very little out come on the game.
          that good hit followed by the goon however is just plain dumbbbb.

cheers.

• Luke says:

This is where I’d like the league to really start.

Just crush anyone who jumps a player after a clean hit.

Automatic Instigator (2 + the 10 misconduct) + an automatic unsportsmanlike (2 more) + anything else they do Crosschecks, slashes or roughings to get the fight going…

24. ffenliv says:

Playing Philly gives me license to bring this up. Rinaldo’s penalty-filled first shift last week resulted in 27 minutes in penalties accumulated in a total of 4 seconds of ice-time, a ratio of 405:1.

Can any HiOers recall a time when a player racked up so many PIMs for so little total ice-time in a game?

25. Bill says:

Habcouver: If you look at Briere’s numbers in the playoffs, you can see why he was brought in. Now, I don’t know if he can still do it or not. But he is one of the few guys in the NHL who really elevates his game in the post-season. If he puts up a point a game in the playoffs this year, I don’t think anybody’s complaining about him anymore.

• Habcouver says:

Thanks for reminding me, Bill. It does appear our Habs will likely have a post season this year (thank goodness).

I hope he’s a factor in a successful push this year. If Habs win 1-2 rounds, I’ll be happy.

Waiting patiently for #25

26. Habcouver says:

There better be an improved Briere from the last Habs/Flyers game.
    I’m always expecting that one day he’ll give us some glimpse of what he’s expected to do here!

Waiting patiently for #25

27. Hobie Hansen says:

It was less than a year ago where the Flyers Nick Grossman got brave and decided to take on George Parros, lets hope he does so again. Nice beating Parros laid on him last time.

28. Buzz Lightbeer says:

Just watching Dragons Den and i had no idea Jim Trelivings son Brad was Asst. GM of the Coyotes. Learn something new everyday.
    Saying that i have little respect for todays RCMP and think Boston Pizza is a horrible restaurant.

29. Buzz Lightbeer says:

Two teams both fresh off a good old fashioned embarrassing beat down. Should be interesting. Maybe Price should go for a skate and bop Emery over the head like Moe.

30. frontenac1 says:

Habs got spanked by the Kings,Flyers got spanked by the Hawks last night. Two wounded Beasts. The Muscle is dressed. Let”r Rip! Vas-y Les Boys!

31. Bill says:

ffenliv: Every time I make fun of somebody for suggesting an absolutely stupid, lop-sided trade that is ridiculously in favour of the Habs, I think about the JVR/Schenn trade for half a second go “hmm … what if?”

32. Bill says:

I would like to sentence whoever made this poll question to go three rounds with George Parros. Thanks a lot man. Now I have all this pseudo-tough-guy, arrogant, condescending crap to skip over before reading a real post.

• Timo says:

The only person on here who can possibly last 3 rounds with Parros is Burly. He looks like a brawler.

• Maritime Ronn says:

@ Bill

Bill, I’m not quite sure what it is that you don’t get.

That is the reality of the NHL today, Bill.

Would I like to see a better 4th liner-enforcer than Parros?
      One that can actually skate and contribute something?

Brendan Gallagher clearly CONFIRMED that during an RDS post game interview.

• Just a Habs Fan says:

Some probably feel the same about your posts

33. j2w4habs25 says:

GO HABS GO!.

Carey Price #31

34. Bill says:

Yeah, Tokarski is not obscure, he’s been a well-regarded prospect since Midget at least. He won the Telus Cup in Midget, the WJC and the Memorial Cup in Junior, and the Calder Cup in the AHL. I really have to think this is not a coincidence.

35. B says:

Nevins scores his 12th last night and is now tied with Grégoire at 33 points (Nevins has played 4 more games).

Hudon with a pair of assists last night is now tied with Reway at 41 points (Hudon has played 8 more games).

–Go Habs Go!–

36. Bill says:

I believe that if Price got injured (heaven forfend) Tokarski would steal the starter’s job in Montreal. Just a feeling. He’s been a success at every level.

37. Bill says:

Baseball in Montreal? That is what it would take for me to start caring about MLB again. And I would, I am sure. I’m as big a sucker as the next guy.

I’d be lining up for a chance to cheer on the Expos again. A new downtown stadium is an absolute must.

It’s funny to imagine Montreal without the Big O, but they have to tear it down or else just let it collapse I guess.

38. Storman says:

Flames bring in Delta Burke to end Feaster Famine era

39. The Dude says:

So far according to the latest enforcer poll,23% of HIO bloggers are just plain nutz.

• Habsrule1 says:

I helped get that down to 22%.

You are welcome.

Go Habs Go!!

• Thomas Le Fan says:

No, they’re part of a growing movement that apparently favours soccer on ice. I’m not one of them. It’s a contact sport played by men who are well paid for the risks they take. Unlike a cop, for instance, no one will be shooting at them and unlike firemen, they’re not running in to places everyone is running out of. How much are they paid in comparison? Will there be groups of them suing former employers for the results of risks willingly taken on?

There is no crying in baseball, “i” in team or “chuck” in Galchenyuk but … there is fighting in hockey.

• The Juice says:

For the record, I am done with fighting in the NHL. However, as long as they are still permitted, Parros has a valuable place on our team and that is why I voted YES.

__________________________________________________________________________

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high!”

• Luke says:

I voted no, because I don’t want an enforcer like Parros. I want one who can play a semi-regular shift in 82 games. Be responsible defensively and chip in occassionally on offense.

We need another Prust… but 6’4 and 230lbs with 2 good shoulders.

That should be easy to find.. go get him MB!

40. FlyAngler says:

Technically, Thornton’s suspension began with his being assessed a match penalty. He is suspended pending the outcome of the hearing which will determine when his suspension will end and thus when will be able to resume playing. I don’t think he gets off with less than 10 and more likely will get 15. We shall see…….

“Elever le flambeau!…Raise the Torch!”

Perhaps the Cdn. Gov’t through CRTC is indeed not to happy with the latest NHL / Rogers TV Deal.

42. krob1000 says:

Dustin Tokarski actually has very good AHL numbers…I had no idea he has been that good down there.

• Kooch7800 says:

He is the main reason why they are doing ok. They have not much offense

“Keep your stick on the Ice”

• Strummer says:

Goalie phenom’s are always springing up out obscurity. Martin Jones of LAK is just the latest. Maybe Tokarski is the one of the next wave

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”

• Ghosts of the Forum says:

Tokarski isn’t even really that obscure — he won a Memorial Cup and a WJC gold medal. He’s relatively young (especially for a goalie).

I think we skewered TB in that trade. There’s a definitely a chance he can develop into an NHL calibre guy.

• ffenliv says:

If nothing else, he may become good trade bait. I doubt they’re going to take a guy who may be quite good and leave him rotting in the AHL, or as the backup.

Given the news out of Calgary, or perhaps the inevitable. I expect Burke to sign Phaneuf as a UFA this summer, Burke will hire one of the present Maple Leaf Asst. GM’s as his new GM.

44. Bill says:

Maybe Burke should hire that potato that outperformed the last couple of years in Toronto?

45. Sportfan says:

The search is underway for a new GM next day Burke: We found one… MEEE!

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

46. Ktowner says:

Tonight’s match is the first game of the rest of the season. An important measure of how well the team can rebound from that other game. Good to see MT going right back to Price.

47. Ozmodiar says:

If what I’m hearing is true, Brian Burke’s untied tie will be the next GM of the Flames. Surprising, yes, but still an upgrade from Feaster.

48. Habitant in Surrey says:

LEGAL LOOK: WHY THE DELAY ON THE THORNTON SUSPENSION?: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=438808

Or Perhaps Shanny forgot to bring his yahtzee dice with him to California, he rolls them at a craps table in his head office in New York to determine number of games.

49. mark-ID says:

Dustin Tokarski and Ray Ferraro having a little twitter battle. Not sure what Ferraro said about not standing on team logo in dressing room, but Tokarski responded with:

Tokarski: Figure it out. Tradition. Don’t stand on the logo. Simple.

with Ferraro responding…..

Ferraro: thanks for that…as for you, it’s simple-it’s not dodgeball- stop the puck.

Keep it classy Ray.

• Bill says:

The no standing on the logo thing has always bugged me too. I am not saying they should stand on the logo; I guess I am saying that there should be a logo in the middle of the floor for them to avoid.

Having the centre of a room being off-limits to walking or standing is such bad feng-shui.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• habsguru says:

ray sugested hanging from the ceiling the other night on tsn. says its stupid to have it in the middle of the room.

• Luke says:

Ray said if they are going to put it on the floor, don’t make it so big and that if it is such an important thing than they shouldn’t put it on the floor.

I agree with Ray.

If you don’t want people to walk on the logo, don’t put it in the middle of Main St.

• habs-fan-84 says:

Agreed Luke.

One thing about Ray now that he is on the radio so much here in Southern Ontario, he is never wrong and is a very humble guy…..

• Luke says:

I really like Ray. I can definitely sense the ego there, so i’m not sure if you are joking are not.

But I’ll say this: I find myself agreeing with him a lot. He seems to call people to task for what they do & say, and he makes some pretty “astute” (heh, see that!) observations.
          I like listening to him and McCLennan. I actually don’t mind @ODogNine either. He’s a self-admitted Biased Leaf fan, and serves as counterpoint the more impartial two I mentioned.

They’re all self-depreciating.

Much better than the egotistical, never wrong, Rogers crew.

• CH Marshall says:

Fun stuff

• Ghosts of the Forum says:

Did you see the Bulldogs’ response?

@rayferrarotsn @dustintokarski has won Memorial Cup, World Junior Championship & Calder Cup, is top 7 in @TheAHL in GAA & SV%. #puckstopper

BADABOOM!

50. habs-fan-84 says:

Glad to see both these guys in tonight.

I’m a big fan of White and I assume he’ll be sitting, but I also like Parros. Hope he continues to get more opportunities throughout the year to show that he’s not as much of a liability as he first looked when he came back from his concussion. He actually looked quite against Toronto in game 1 (almost scored on his first shot/shift). Also, I guess I’m a bit of a softy and feel kinda bad for Parros – even though I know he knows his role.

51. Sportfan says:

Anyone else look at the feasibility study?

Sports and Entertainment in the link click and enjoy, clicking is fun!

• Cal says:

Huge pipe dream. Think Cheech and Chong.
      Montreal will never get a major league team without a privately built baseball stadium. With all the infrastructure problems this city has, adding a 2 billion dollar stadium (and it will be at least this much) to the city’s tax bill would be so stunningly stupid not even Coderre would propose it.
      Baseball in Montreal is long dead. It died in the summer of ’94. Twenty years later, Cromartie is trying to get interest, but it would take a corporate giant like Bell to buy a franchise, build the stadium and run the team. Simply put, it’s not going to happen.
      Cheer on the Jays for baseball in Canada. That’s the closest it will get.

• AliHaba says:

Nice to see you being so optimistic.

• Cal says:

It’s not about being optimistic. It’s about reality. The reality is that Montreal right now has enough sports entertainment without taxpayers footing the bill for another boondoggle. That bleeping Big Owe took 30 years to pay for and it’s still a giant piece of shit.
          That was enough public money to have done a lot of good work for the infrastructure. Instead, it was thrown away on a stadium pretty much everyone hates to attend sports events at because the best seat is so far from the action.
          The last thing Montreal needs is more stupidity like that.

• AliHaba says:

Maybe it’s time for the city to put that behind them and look ahead. A new, modern, cozy ballpark in the downtown with an entertaining team playing in it is a sure elixir to a somewhat stagnant economy. You know the old saying…”you gotta spend money to make money”.

• Cal says:

@AliHaba- I’m fine with it if the business that owns the team builds the park. I’m tired of paying for billionaire’s toys.

• Thomas Le Fan says:

Major League Baseball is dead to me and has been ever since Expo fans got a royal screwing from Loria and MLB. To hell with the Jays. Just another loser team from T.O.

• AliHaba says:

@Cal-Total agreement here. Would be nice if a business would step up.
          @Thomas Le Fan- My feelings exactly. I could never cheer for the Blah Jays. I actually watch them occasionally just to hope that they lose.

52. habsguru says:

anybody catch the Maclearen/Nolan tilt last night??? wow. i could do without fighting, but i would take Nolan on my team anytime, and Hey, his dad isn’t a bad coach either.

53. Say Ash says:

Burke looks like he slept in that suit.

54. habsguru says:

can’t sit Briere, he will be putting money on the board tonight. former team = hat trick???

I sure hope that Philly keeps the Meszaros/Schenn pairing together – they’re brutal on the D.

The Flyers basically don’t have a 4th line right now. Hall is a career fourth liner while Rosehill and Rinaldo are talentless grunts. Hence, Parros dressing for tonight’s game.

• ffenliv says:

Say what you will about the Leafs, they straight-up robbed Philly, getting JVR for Schenn.

And Rinaldo may hold the record now for largest PIM:Ice time in a single game. 405:1 the other night.

56. jsaz says:

I want to see a good trade soon. While there is still time to gain chemistry!! MB Shake it up!!! 2 big bodies

57. Habitant in Surrey says:

A Norman Rockwell painting; circa 2014 ? : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-g5bz6Oq84RE/UqiqT76jesI/AAAAAAAA6B0/7r9UX602rI4/s1600/subban+family.jpg

_________________________________________________________
    Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

…and, last, but not least: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Montreal-Canadiens-We-Are-Fans-Summit/197390760316125

To those participating in past and future ‘We Are Fans Summits’, you are invited to keep track of Summit developments on Our Facebook site; feel free to upload relevant photos and videos from past Summits to Our message board, and we will review before posting …We have enhanced many photos, and You may download as souvenirs

58. shiram says:

Maybe Burke does not get the spot?

Darren DregerVerified account ‏@DarrenDreger

Hearing Burke has already begun process of contacting GM candidates. I suspect some familiar names such as Nieuwendyk will be on the list…

59. jsaz says:

Murray should always be in over boullion!!

60. Gerry H says:

I hope Bournival plays with Pleks and Gio. Prust, Moen and Parros is a better fourth line than Prust, Gio, Pleks is a top-nine formation.

Both teams coming off solid shellackings. Oughta be interesting.

61. habs-hampton says:

I’ll bet Feaster is relieved. Every time he looked up, Burke was sitting on dead branch licking his lips.

• habsfan0 says:

Will Brian Burke replace him?
      If so,he’ll do for the Flames what he did for the Leafs.

• Lagerhab says:

Feaster had a pretty lackluster time with the Flames, especially that screw up with the O’Reilly offer sheet. Probably spells the end of his managing career. Oh well, he can always follow in the footsteps of former Flames GM Craig Button lol!

I am thinking that perhaps Bounival will sit… Not because he’s been great but because I think White deserves some games too and cause Therrien already had White sit for Parros once. But who knows… As long as Parros beats the crap out of Hartnell or Simmons

63. Hobie Hansen says:

I hope Parros beats the hell out of a Flyer tonight. A nice big staged fight in the first couple minutes of the game.

64. krob1000 says:

Seems MT does not forget seasons past….Flyers bullied Habs last year…

65. shiram says:

I don’t like the excluded forward that Parros means, but it should not be a big deal.
    Murray back in is golden though.
    Hopefully they try Brière for more than a few shifts with DD/Max.

• adamkennelly says:

I don’t like having to sit White or Bournival for Parros either but would not mind sitting a few others…

Murray should play any game he wants over Frankie – sorry but he has shown his value and his value is a lot higher than Bouillion.

66. Luke says:

Dang. Oh well.

See you later Feaster.

Burkie is sure to get the team back down where they belong.

Re: the Flyer’s & Parros.

Do the Flyer’s have a big ol’ meathead? Why Parros vs them as opposed to the Kings?

The rough and tough rep seems to be built more from the past than the present. What I remember of them from recent games is a bit of a piecemeal team that was much smaller and softer than I expected.

They have some big bodies that are soft – Coburn. and some softies on D. Streit, Gustafson, Timonen, Mezaros & a typical 6th… Grossman.

Upfront they have some disturbers who are good players (Hartnell, Simmonds, Downie)…
    and some skill guys like Giroux/Schenn/Read/Coutiurier/Votachek.

I guess Rinaldo and Rosehill… but Rinaldo is almost the same size as Briere (5’11, 170lbs)!
    Rosehill’s a lunk… perhaps Parros is in to slow down Simonds/Downie/Hartnell at the net (Well, Murray is for sure) and offset Rosehill…

67. Gerry H says:

Well. Aren’t you about to become an interesting former member of this community.

68. Luke says:

Wow, cranky much? I’m reckoning you didn’t even read his post thoroughly…

Staged fights are dumb and obvious, as you said. But that’s Parros’ forte. It’s also what Bill said:

The “always been a part of the game” is such a brutal argument.

The game has changed, and things that were “always part of it” have been modified, adapted or removed. Fighting is free to go the way of the Rover, straight blade and “no forward pass”… but those were “always part of the game” and now look at the mess changing those have left us.

In fact, I think we’d find that most of the anti-fighting crowd doesn’t mind a real fight (Galchenyuk & Giroux go at it tonight b/c one cheap shots the other). And that most of the Pro-fighting crowd wouldn’t be upset if the one-dimensional 5 minute goons were replaced with tough hockey players like Prusts and Nolans.

69. Cal says:

Anything you say, wjc.
    Or Dean, or whatever.

70. Maritime Ronn says:

@ strangestsensation

Arguing the “Content” of a post is always fun.
    Taking a run at an individual is less fun.

I chose this for you

71. ffenliv says:

If you’ve seen the video, you’ll likely understand. First shift, jumped a guy, did all sorts of nonsense.

I agree he’s a moron, as well. I just find that ratio kind of fascinating.

72. Luke says:

You can’t post direct replies from (some) mobile devices.

Hence the inclusion of a lot of @Bill or @MRonn or @Fronts (Or @whoevers).

Funny though that you’d call him out on that when you didn’t go and Edit your existing post. I mean, if he should reply direct without any consideration for a possible cause, shouldn’t you take it upon yourself to show the etiquette you demand and edit your post?

Yah, you probably should.