Palushaj, Leblanc shine in scrimmage

• AUDIO: Aaron Palushaj | P.K. Subban | Ben Maxwell

Aaron Palushaj, who was acquired from St. Louis last season in a trade for Matt D’Agostini, scored four goals and Louis Leblanc added two more as the Whites crushed the Reds, 7-1, in the final scrimmage of the Canadiens rookie camp.

P.K. Subban scored the other goal for the winners and also exchanged punches with Ben Maxwell in the closing minutes of the game.

“It’s training camp; it’s one of those things that happens,” said Subban.

Maxwell, who said the fisticuffs were the result of frustration in a one-sided game, gave the Reds a 1-0 lead but it didn’t last long.

The rookie camp wraps up Thursday morning with a final practice in Brossard.

1. DONJUAN says:

WTF is maxwell touching the Francise for.  PK SUBBAN will be a better NHLER 10 times forward.

In HABS we trust.

2. Natrous says:

My thought is that this writer’s thoughts don’t range too deep when it comes to the new NHL and its cap-centered ideology. Most people in the hockey world understood that deal as one based on $$ and not player preference, although I for one am happy we stuck with Carey.

When it comes to ESPN, I can’t take most of their writers seriously since they would either have to attend the game in person or watch on a rival network, which they probably aren’t allowed to do in the first place (I kid of course).

3. Natrous says:

Nice clip attachment – that was one solid right from Crowder!!

4. Castor says:

Looks like GIO as C-O is official (according to La Presse at least)

Makes me happy!

On a more depressing note, anyone else at the Expos thing at MacLeans tonight. Dear goodness it was fun but so SAD

5. likehoy says:

I can just imagine that scenario…a drink off between the last 5 candidates, gomez, gionta, gill, markov, cammelleri

8PM start
    gomez: we’re not drinking tequila? i’m out.

3 drinks later…
    cammalleri: guys, I can’t keep going…the drinking will interfere with my off-season training where I become the fittest player on the Montreal Canadiens

5 drinks later…
    markov hits his ankle on a chair and has to quit for the night

10 drinks later…
    gill tells gionta he’s got nothing on him in a drinking contest

13 drinks later..
    gionta asks gill to show him that technique he uses on 5 on 3 PKs….gill passes out as he lies on the floor

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

6. SeriousFan09 says:

Hey, if 5’7″ Brian Gionta at 175 can outdrink 6’7″ Hal Gill at 250, he’s earned it!

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

7. likehoy says:

who decides this in the middle of the night!?

must have been a drinking competition and people were in awe with gionta’s drinking ability.

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

8. SeriousFan09 says:

Hence why I said inadequate, meaningless and irrelevant.

Gionta’s earned the captaincy, it wasn’t awarded to him for helping his team do slightly better than worst in the league when the games didn’t matter for **** and distract people away from the fact that the team was **** all year.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

9. avatar_58 says:

Who cares, they have a goon as their captain

10. SeriousFan09 says:

Gionta with the C, a rumour perhaps but I’ll start it out right now. Our inadequate, meaningless, irrelevant rivals will be pulling out the smurf jokes in no time whatsoever.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

11. avatar_58 says:

I want to believe, but I want to hear it from the habs

12. HabsTrueBlue says:

LOL Touche!!

13. naweed235 says:

RDS reports that Gio will be wearing the C!!!

14. Mike T says:

Gallagher – Fortier – Engqvist

White

Nash – Subban

Stejskal – Klubertanz

maybe missing a couple

15. soflohabsfan says:

Via Marc Antoine Godin twitter from Francois Gagnon Brian Gionta will be named captain.