Palushaj, Leblanc shine in scrimmage

• AUDIO: Aaron Palushaj | P.K. Subban | Ben Maxwell

Aaron Palushaj, who was acquired from St. Louis last season in a trade for Matt D’Agostini, scored four goals and Louis Leblanc added two more as the Whites crushed the Reds, 7-1, in the final scrimmage of the Canadiens rookie camp.

P.K. Subban scored the other goal for the winners and also exchanged punches with Ben Maxwell in the closing minutes of the game.

“It’s training camp; it’s one of those things that happens,” said Subban.

Maxwell, who said the fisticuffs were the result of frustration in a one-sided game, gave the Reds a 1-0 lead but it didn’t last long.

The rookie camp wraps up Thursday morning with a final practice in Brossard.

1. Geoff F says:

Not only do they want only one….it’s usually the “OTHER” one that they want.

2. Keith says:

I like a good fight between competitors for a roster spot. It shows that they really want it bad, and will do (say, like in this case) anything to make the team.

3. fbkj says:

well for the record i loved koivu and have hated kovalev since his days as a ranger so thats not picking sides thats just something that i found myself entrenched in

the rest, love em all

4. Geoff F says:

Too funny, we must have both taken the same “Hooked on Phonics class” ;)

5. buddahsmoka1 says:

PAH-LOOSH-EYE.

6. adamkennelly says:

lets just hope for some more of that during the “real” training camp.  Maybe Ryan White and/or Ian Schultz pounding their way onto the Habs 4th line.  Not gonna name names but I know who I would pick if I were them.

7. SeriousFan09 says:

Pa-loo-shy I believe.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

8. petrov14 says:

How do you pronounce ‘Palushaj’?

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

9. likehoy says:

can’t be a habs fan if you can’t pick sides!

koivu or kovalev?

price or halak?

markov or subban?

gomez or plekanec?

with this reasoning, there’s no wonder the habs have so few superstars, we only want 1 of them.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

10. fbkj says:

also why do we have to pick sides? all our prospects bringing everything they got is a good thing…

11. likehoy says:

how are people not seeing this as a positive for maxwell? one of the knocks on him was he was soft, getting into a fight with the stocked up subban is maxwell showing he cares and he’s trying to bring different aspects to his game.

nice to see habs fans already picking sides before either of these players have proved anything in their NHL careers. don’t give me that subban was amazing last year in the playoffs and such cause he only played 16 games…for all we know it could have been a flash in the pan and we’ll see how he develops on from the brief stint.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

12. DONJUAN says:

WTF is maxwell touching the Francise for.  PK SUBBAN will be a better NHLER 10 times forward.

In HABS we trust.

13. Natrous says:

My thought is that this writer’s thoughts don’t range too deep when it comes to the new NHL and its cap-centered ideology. Most people in the hockey world understood that deal as one based on $$ and not player preference, although I for one am happy we stuck with Carey.

When it comes to ESPN, I can’t take most of their writers seriously since they would either have to attend the game in person or watch on a rival network, which they probably aren’t allowed to do in the first place (I kid of course).

14. Natrous says:

Nice clip attachment – that was one solid right from Crowder!!