Palushaj, Leblanc shine in scrimmage

• AUDIO: Aaron Palushaj | P.K. Subban | Ben Maxwell

Aaron Palushaj, who was acquired from St. Louis last season in a trade for Matt D’Agostini, scored four goals and Louis Leblanc added two more as the Whites crushed the Reds, 7-1, in the final scrimmage of the Canadiens rookie camp.

P.K. Subban scored the other goal for the winners and also exchanged punches with Ben Maxwell in the closing minutes of the game.

“It’s training camp; it’s one of those things that happens,” said Subban.

Maxwell, who said the fisticuffs were the result of frustration in a one-sided game, gave the Reds a 1-0 lead but it didn’t last long.

The rookie camp wraps up Thursday morning with a final practice in Brossard.

1. avatar_58 says:

Yeah, excellent answers. The guy probably thought “wtf, come on kid give me some dirt”

2. avatar_58 says:

I meant as in saving some bodies for hamilton – if he injuries all the rookies and draft picks there won’t be a team!

3. soflohabsfan says:

i love at the end when P.K was asked if he was going to talk to Maxwell and his answer” why wouldnt i?” and when was ask if just make sure eveything is ok his answer “why whats wrong” this kid is gonna give Montreal media a run for its money.

“The Future Belongs to Those Who Believe in the Beauty of Their Dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt

4. HabFanSince72 says:

None of the Calder trophy candidates have demonstrated they can play in the NHL over the long haul.

5. Chorske says:

Haha, that is going to stick. Dude, he got totally Ben Maxwelled.

6. lefreak says:

the only time there will be a PK in hamilton this year is when you guys get a penalty.:p

7. avatar_58 says:

PK – I’ll kill every last one – Subban, injuring the competition! Save some for Hamilton PK, I’d like to see a few wins down here.

8. habsfansince91 says:

can you post a link to the hit on bishop/avtsin goal. I’ve looked for them but i’m unable to find them.

9. habaholic68NJ says:

Saw it again.  Looked to me that Maxwell was working him from behind in the scrum, without punching him.  PK turned around and lightly punched (more of a face wash) him to start the fight and skated away.  Maxwell followed with the sucker punch you mentioned (back of head) and PK then turned and went at him. Anyways, my point really was that PK showed some toughness that I hope he takes into the season.

10. HFX-HabFan says:

Crowder played junior in Belleville as I recall, we had a nice run of developing tough guys. His destruction of Craig Coxe (I’m sure it’s somewhere on YouTube) was epic.

11. scrowe21 says:

Anybody know of any other video clips from camp? other then the pk fight today and the hit on bishop / avstin goal.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

12. scrowe21 says:

Maxwell kinda sucker punched him in the back of the head to start it.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

13. showey47 says:

It seemed like a good idea at the time,lol. Troy’s a good guy,he comes out to pickup once in a while. Has some of the best hockey stories i’ve ever heard too.

14. habaddict_andy says:

That’s odd. In the Canadiens.com and by clicking on the dates in the calendar, it shows 4 will be shown: Boston, Florida, Buffalo and Islanders.

15. Say Ash says:

Gomez to Lappy.

16. fbkj says:

its cool you got your ass whooped by an ex nhl’er, your proud by proxy, admit it 😛

17. fbkj says:

i think if nunacanadien or matraque were to hang with the team for like ten minutes theyd go into inception style coma having their realities shattered

of course tony would still troll

18. lefreak says:

RIS is pretty bad, but i do believe this tactic of sharing pre season games still nets them more subscribers for at least a week. RIS also shows a few other games around the league, but i don’t really care, not when i can choose center ice.:)

19. lefreak says:

i have no clue.

we bought 2 10 game package deals, and they force you to take a pre season game in there….no problem, i was able to sell them at profit in less than 2 hours.

20. fbkj says:

LOLWHAT? preseason games dont sell out? dude theyve been sold out since the lockout

21. showey47 says:

LOL, did he ever.

Give me some credit,this is the “other guy”. I probably should have invented some kind of code.

Who asked the question last year at the 1st pre-season game whether or not it was sold out and everyone just laughed?

23. showey47 says:

So true. Some people just don’t get it. The on ice battling, even though its among prospects trying to make an impact is part of the whole process. It is happening at every rookie camp. Its not a game of friendly pick up going on out there. All of these guys are fighting to make an impression. They all want to end up at the main camp and then stick it out there as long as they can and possibly get a few pre-season games in before either being sent down to hamilton or to their respective junior teams.

Why, whats wrong? That’s effin’ awesome 😀

So what you’re saying is that the other guy subbanned you?

26. lefreak says:

i hate to break it to you, but all of the pre season games are sold out…

also: rds does not pay by a per game basis, the contract gives them exclusive french language rights to all of the teams games. They can broadcast every pre season game if they want to, or not, the rights will still cost the same.

27. avatar_58 says:

It won’t load for me. All I have to say is touch my boy again, Maxwell, and I’ll personally rip that CH off your jersey. Don’t take your lack of NHL talent out on him.

28. SeriousFan09 says:

Just did some research, want to hear something funny? To date, Burke has drafted five impact NHL players in Pronger, Sedins, Kesler and B. Ryan, four of those players required a Top 3 pick to acquire.

We’re supposed to be scared of Toronto and their visionary GM?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

29. habsfan321 says:

It’s all money… Preseason games don’t sell out (especially because the Habs are selling them at regular season prices!). They want people to go see the games that aren’t on TV. When RDS broadcasts a presason game, they pay a “huge” sum of money to the Canadiens for the rights to broadcast that game. Obviously they make it back (+ a proft) through advertizers.

So, most likely, they don’t want to spend the money related to broadcasting all preseason games (ad revenue is probably alot smaller), or, the Canadiens don’t want all their games on TV to sell more tickets at the Bell Center.

30. habaholic68NJ says:

Hi Guys.  After not posting for a while (a month in europe and two weeks of catching up at work), I am finally back on this site.  And good timing with the first podcast and the Kids going at it.

As for the PK – Maxwell exchange, I just saw the reply and clearly, PK threw the first punch.   Hope he does this when it counts against Lucy, Lurch and all the other ugly Bruins.

31. Rudy says:

PK is sounding a little cocky in that clip. He better watch it 🙂

U got some splainin’ to do!

33. fbkj says:

niiiice

thats the problem with habs fans in general, they view normal goings on in hockey and blow them up to fit the drama they think is actually happening

press is equally guilty

last three seconds sums it up man

34. Mr-T says:

The correct pronunciation is pah-LOU-shy.

Support Carey Price         “Hypocrisy is not a virtue”

35. showey47 says:

Actually it reminded me of when i was a bantam aged hockey player playing midget and fought a guy 3 years older then me named troy crowder. The result were pretty similar,lol. I got ben maxwelled.

36. Yeats says:

A friend of mine told me that Dos Equis beer had a huge promo in Toronto this afternoon featuring The Most Interesting Man in the World. During a Q&A session, he was asked if he had any advice for Leaf fans going into the 2010-11 season? His reply, “Stay thirsty my friends!”

37. showey47 says:

I remember watching a game on RIS a couple of years ago and they spent more time showing the 2 hosts talking to each other then actually showing the game. It was brutal.

38. lefreak says:

they save some for RIS so people will subscribe to that channel.

39. showey47 says:

I don’t get why rds doesn’t show all the pre-season games. Especially this year when 5 out of the 7 games are at the bell center,with the other 2 in quebec and ottawa.

40. Danno says:

Pay Lucy

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

41. avatar_58 says:

1 – who cares what some dink at ESPN has to say about *my* team. That is all.

42. Say Ash says:

Dude, you make way too much sense for this site.

43. Mr-T says:

Finally, a person with a level-headed assessment of Subban. This does not preclude that he would not excel at playing in the NHL, although like Eller, he as Likehoy said has not yet demonstrated this over a quantified number of games. Therefore, expectations of Subban getting 45 plus points and contending for the Calder Trophy at this time, may be premature thinking.

Support Carey Price        “Hypocrisy is not a virtue”

44. HabsFan90 says:

what a crock of crap

PK looks pumped. Maxwell was out-matched.

On another topic: RDS’ lead article, an interesting perspective on Robert Mayer who led the Cincinnati Cyclones to the ECHL championship. I agree with what SF09 said when Desjardins was moved to TB that it was intended to give Mayer a chance to develop further in the AHL.

46. fbkj says:

almost reminds me of the xander vs harmoney fight in season 5 of buffy…

wait… i dont watch buffy…

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

47. punkster says:

I used to break up bigger rumbles between my two kids when they were 6 or 8 years old. And the 6 year old (girl) usually got in better shots than that.

FREE TIMO!

48. lefreak says:

copy paste the article perhaps? paying to read a blog is silly.

49. Bill J says:

They have for the last few years.

One week from today is the first game.

🙂

Cammalleri for Team Captain!

50. lefreak says:

look at it this way…some hockey coverage in the US is better than no hockey coverage in the US by the biggest media sports outlet in the country.

51. Propwash says:

If not RDS I’m sure RIS will have some

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

52. crabvader says:

I wouldn’t doubt it. I’m pretty sure they did last year.

53. crabvader says:

Yeah, here’s a thought… Why is it that some guy that works for a network mainly focused on college football/basketball sticking his fat nose into Canadien affairs?

That’s like RDS acting like they know the Miami Heat’s situation. I don’t care what most think about the choice, to tell you the truth… I care MUCH less what some wannabe from ESPN has to say also.

54. gmd says:

Does anyone know if RDS will be showing of the Habs pre-season games?

55. crabvader says:

LOL!

So undisciplined… but damn, that is funny.

56. showey47 says:

no kidding. gotta love the intensity out there though.

57. fbkj says:

well that was a load of nothing lol

58. Ayan_SB says:

Aaannnnd here it is folks: Subban vs Maxwell

Does anyone know what the line-ups were for the scrimmages, like who was on the white squad and who was on the red one? Apart from Palushaj, Subban and Maxwell of course.

60. Favorite Son says:

I agree, it’s nice to see them work this hard, considering the fact that there are almost no open spots left for forwards. Even the bottom 6 seems to be set: Pyatt-Eller-Laps and Moen-Halpern-Boyd.

61. Bill J says:

The only knock I have against him or Bishop – not NHL ready.

PK came to play, these other two.  Need to remember that and come to play next year.

If they are even with the team next year.

Cammalleri for Team Captain!

62. Geoff F says:

Not only do they want only one….it’s usually the “OTHER” one that they want.

63. Keith says:

I like a good fight between competitors for a roster spot. It shows that they really want it bad, and will do (say, like in this case) anything to make the team.

64. fbkj says:

well for the record i loved koivu and have hated kovalev since his days as a ranger so thats not picking sides thats just something that i found myself entrenched in

the rest, love em all

65. Geoff F says:

Too funny, we must have both taken the same “Hooked on Phonics class” 😉

66. buddahsmoka1 says:

PAH-LOOSH-EYE.

67. adamkennelly says:

lets just hope for some more of that during the “real” training camp.  Maybe Ryan White and/or Ian Schultz pounding their way onto the Habs 4th line.  Not gonna name names but I know who I would pick if I were them.

68. SeriousFan09 says:

Pa-loo-shy I believe.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

69. petrov14 says:

How do you pronounce ‘Palushaj’?

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

70. likehoy says:

can’t be a habs fan if you can’t pick sides!

koivu or kovalev?

price or halak?

markov or subban?

gomez or plekanec?

with this reasoning, there’s no wonder the habs have so few superstars, we only want 1 of them.

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

71. fbkj says:

also why do we have to pick sides? all our prospects bringing everything they got is a good thing…

72. likehoy says:

how are people not seeing this as a positive for maxwell? one of the knocks on him was he was soft, getting into a fight with the stocked up subban is maxwell showing he cares and he’s trying to bring different aspects to his game.

nice to see habs fans already picking sides before either of these players have proved anything in their NHL careers. don’t give me that subban was amazing last year in the playoffs and such cause he only played 16 games…for all we know it could have been a flash in the pan and we’ll see how he develops on from the brief stint.

– I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!