Pacioretty’s rib not broken, RDS reports

According to a report on the RDS website, Max Pacioretty did not suffer a fractured rib, as was previously reported.

The French-language all sports network says that the Canadiens forward has only some severe bruising.

They also say he will attempt to skate on Thursday in the hope of returning to action as fast as possible.

All the X-rays and tests done Wednesday came back negative, RDS also reports.

1. Danno says:

Chuck, he should morph the two like your excellent mask avatar.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

2. Chuck says:

I’m guessing that your avatar is either Maine, or Grandpa Simpson in profile. I can’t decide which.

Centre Hice: Price shines in 18-minute effort over Calgary

You acid casualty, where do you see Maine?

;-)

4. Cool Ice Price says:

Hi there fellow HIO members. I have tried to register since Tuesday night but I had no such luck. My registration email was finally sent to my e-mail last night. Yay me. LOL.  I hope I don’t ruffle any feathers of the senior HIO members.

I am still very upset about Tuesday night. I drifted off to sleep around 2am that night or morning & I was up at 5am to go to work so I was quite cranky yesterday. Tuesday night I stormed out of my den like a raging bull on steroids. There were a few inappropriate words coming out of me. Some that never made sense nor have I ever heard before. My wife (a Leaf fan) looks at me like I’m a maniac & she says to me “IT’S ONLY A GAME”. I said to her “TO YOU YES, BUT TO ME IT’S MY LIFE, MY PASSION”

It was a crappy ending to a hard fought game. To have it decided by the incompetent officials makes it a bitter pill to swallow. What’s a $10,00.00 fine to a player who is already a millionaire 20 times over? I know the penalty by Gomez was stupid but it wasn’t the first time it happened & it won’t be the last. If I were Gomez, I would have marched right over to the Refs dressing room and give them a piece of my mind. Someone has to take a stand right now. Enough is enough. No matter what the Habs say to the Refs it can’t possibly make it any worse can it?

Cindy “Get my own way” Ruff makes me nauseated. There has not been ONE game that I can remember watching against any team where he has NOT whined and thrown a hissy fit! AND Tuesday night he got his way AGAIN!

Holy Leaping Jumping Lizards Jacques Martin please show some passion, life for once in your comatose life! Let the players know you care! You don’t have to throw sticks & water bottles on the ice (But I would love to see that) just say something to the Refs.

The Habs have stayed afloat since Markov & Gorges went down. Now that Mikey & Max are out they have to stay focussed. They can get through this if they stick together.

Why do we Habs fans get like this?

Am I the only Habs fan that loses it like it do?

It hurts sometimes to be a Habs fan!

Habs Passion unites us all

5. Julie H says:

You are, by far, not the only person who was disappointed with how things turned out on Tuesday night. This forum was flooded with angry comments about all sorts of aspects about the game that were less than satisfactory. It was not just a lost game; we lost a whole heap of bodies and a little bit of our spirit too. If we had managed the win (with or without the Gomez penalization) it would have been a nice little dose of revenge against the Sabres after the way they took us out like bowling pins.

Did you see when they zoomed in on his face and he said “don’t make up calls?” I nearly died of laughter. I was SO impressed with the reefing in the first five minutes! Calling penalties and then calling retaliatory penalties?! You RARLEY see that in a game. And then they put their whistles in their pockets and that was the end of that. Absolute BS.

JM makes me smile a little and cry a little. Would we really like him if he was like John Tortorella though? I’m not so sure. It would be nice if he would get upset and defend his players though. And if he’s worried about media backlash for too much passion or emotion, he can probably get tips from Don Cherry and/or Tortorella.

I’m curious if there is a limit on the amount of AHL players we can call up at one time or in one season. When so many of our boys went down in the first period on Tuesday night, those thoughts immediately came to mind.

One can only hope that our “kids” can step it up and bring their A+ games for the next three coming up.

♪Your cares and troubles are gone. There’ll be no more from now on. From now on happy days are here again, the skies above are so clear again. So let’s sing a song of cheer again. Happy times, happy nights, happy days are here again♪

6. PeterD says:

Welcome aboard the Habs train “Cool”…

I think all of us Habs fans are all the same…raving maniacs that live and die by how les boys do on any given night.  Every move and non-move is analyzed to death, criticised, hated and then loved and then hated again…

There are days I feel worn out from all the jumping on and off the band wagon with people inb this site…myself included…how can we love AK one day when he scores and hate him and demand his head traded the next…how can we hate the coach after a hard fought win and not give credit where credit is due for a well coached game?

It’s all a mystery to me and part of the mystique that brings me back year after year as the most ardent raving Habs fan on the planet…I rememver one game winning goal in the play-offs back in the late ’70’s when I jumped so high I punched the ceiling and cut my knuckle on the stipple…I guess each of us will celebrate our Habs in our own unique way, but I suspect we are all somehow the same inside…

I agree with you as well about the team needing to respond vigerously about the state of refereeing in htis league I am sick of the abuse our team takes at the hands of bulls–t refs.  These guys need to be unbiased and fair or get off the ice.  The vary least a strongly worded letter or a face to face meeting needs to happen between Pierre Gauthier and the NHL.

And as for you lovely wife being a Leafs fan…so sad…but this link was posted several days ago and she or at least you could get some chuckles from watching it.

All the best…

7. jennifer1984 says:

i know!!!!

people complain no one is going to the net, and then when they do, they get hurt by their own man…. and now everyone is sad (should be)

i say the team learns to levitate and start scoring goals “off” the ice. as long as they’re below the crossbar of course

8. The Cat says:

Im rather happy pacioretty isnt hurt seriously…Talk about irony; for once a hab goes in front of the net and he gets hurt by a point shot.

9. Cool Ice Price says:

Good ole Pat Burns, now he had passion. God bless his soul.

Habs Passion unites us all

10. Captain aHab says:

Well…that’s a relief!

11. Trenton_Romulox says:

Indeed. I figured best-case scenario was severe bruising. Every so often reality matches up with my best-case scenarios. Wahoo!

12. fbkj says:

i reported this hours ago

13. Propwash says:

Good ol’ buzzin pants!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

14. shootdapuck says:

Breaking news on RDZ: Habs place urgent order for Flak Jackets!

JM decrees their use as mandatory for all forwards!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

Somebody needs to hook up Boone with some.

16. Chuck says:

Looks like the Flames are trying to out-do the Laffs!

Centre Hice: Price shines in 18-minute effort over Calgary

17. dre1744 says:

well  they are the leafs west!!!!!!

18. Cool Ice Price says:

Thanks Peter

Habs Passion unites us all

19. HABZ24 says:

great news on pacman,sad news on cammy. cammys fall didnt look so bad.looked like a wrist the way he fell.good idea calling up engqvist, we need goals and pyatts not the scoring type, shake the tree go a diff route glad the sweed got a chance.

20. Josh says:

Good old french media always jumping the gun on stories.

21. shootdapuck says:

They lost Yappierre as a source.

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star: