Pacioretty wants to model himself after Cole

Coleweb

Max Pacioretty says he doesn’t have to look far to find a role model.

“I want to model my career after Colesy,” Pacioretty said of linemate Erik Cole during a conference call Tuesday, a day after signing a six-year, $27-million contract extension with the Canadiens. “He’s a big, fast winger. He’s been through the same injury as me … he’s a great motivation for me to play how he has through his career. I’ve already learned a lot form him this far and I hope as we continue to play together on the same team, and hopefully the same line, I hope to model my career after him and I hope to be that power forward that you said has been lacking in the Montreal system for a while.”

(Photo by John Mahoney/The Gazette)

1. kempie says:

Oh for God’s sake, I got yer “wide gap” right here. It must be pretty tough business splitting up $3.5B. **** me.

2. HabFab says:

Stu’s latest on the CBA negotiations and more details on the NHLPA “alternate view”.

• punkster says:

Gee…an alternate view addressing reduced salary, salary caps, individual contracts, and revenue sharing…so it is all about money on both sides…who’d a thunk it?

Folks should really keep this in mind when dissing either party. They’re paid, and quite handsomely as well, to ensure viability of the business they represent.

It’s all about the money.

Nothing.

Else.

Matters.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• HabFab says:

What an alternate viewpoint?
        Actually probably the viewpoint of many including moi.

SHOW ME the MONEY BABY!!

Just noticed the new poll and we have the lead by 1.

• HammerHab says:

What industry anywhere isn’t about the money? Every strike or lockout anywhere is about the money. Here in Hamilton there’s almost always someone on strike and it’s always for one reason. The owners want to cut pay/pensions and the workers want more money. They’re fighting for $30/hr wages and a fair pension. Everyone just gets their panties in a knot over the NHL talks because of how much money everyone gets paid, but the revenue is the revenue. You can’t change that. They get paid millions/billions because that’s how much money the sport makes. Persecuting the owners or players for wanting a fair cut of an enormous pie is unfair.

——————————————————————————-
        It’ll always be Habs Inside/Out to me

• kempie says:

Yep
        (in the voice of Hank Hill)

3. EasternOntarioHabsFan says:

“GIMMIE A BOTTLE OF ANYTHING!”

“AND A GLAZED DOUGHNUT…………………”

“TO GO!!!”

Not good news tonight from both the NHLPA & the NHL.!

5. filincal says:

EOHF…I don’t remember Moen getting tuned or man-handled by Lucic by any stretch of my imagination. As for Chara…can you name five guys in the NHL that can go with him?

• EasternOntarioHabsFan says:

I can name two that can go the distance with him

1. Parros
      2. Scott

apart from that, I don’t think ANYONE has an answer for Chara.

I must say, I hate Lucic much more then him.